The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sin Cara suspended on Wellness violation

+10
sodhat
JamesLincs
Kay Fabe
Lex-Express
Crimey
Mr H
Fernando
johncenamanutd
ADMIN
Jammy31
14 posters

Go down

Sin Cara suspended on Wellness violation Empty Sin Cara suspended on Wellness violation

Post by Jammy31 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:45 pm

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/sin-cara/sin-cara-suspended

I don't understand why he's been suspended. Can anyone please explain?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Sin Cara suspended on Wellness violation Empty Re: Sin Cara suspended on Wellness violation

Post by ADMIN Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:47 pm

Violation of the Wellness Policy (more than likely Roid abuse).

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Sin Cara suspended on Wellness violation Empty Re: Sin Cara suspended on Wellness violation

Post by johncenamanutd Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:48 pm

"In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde (Sin Cara) for 30 days for his first violation of the company’s policy"

Probably explains the bump he took last night on the ladder.

johncenamanutd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:49 pm

But what is the Wellness Policy and what has it got to do with the powerbomb?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:50 pm

The Wellness Policy is WWE's drug checking control, they randomly check the wrestlers for banned substances and they get a 30 day suspension if found to have used any. If they do it 3 times they get fired.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:51 pm

The powerbomb is to get him off air for a month kayfabe wise.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:51 pm

the wellness policy is where you get 3 chances if fail 3 drugs test you get banned for 30-60 days then 3rd time fired so the powerbomb will of been them taking him off screen until 30 days are up

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:52 pm

Bet the doofus son in-law is spitting feathers.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by johncenamanutd Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:52 pm

He is suspended 30 days for violating the Wellness Policy (using steroids presumably)

The bump on the ladder, was designed as a way to to take him off tv for a while - to cover up the violation.

johncenamanutd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:53 pm

Ahhhh ok....Thanks for the explanation guys. It'd be a shame to see Sin Cara go over something so stupid.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by johncenamanutd Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:58 pm

Mr H wrote:Bet the doofus son in-law is spitting feathers.

To be fair to the doofus........ I mean Triple H, it's not as if he knew Sin Cara was going to fail the Wellness Policy.

Safe to say Sin Cara won't be as heavily pushed when he returns. At least he can spend the next 30 days brushing up on his English.

johncenamanutd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:02 pm

johncenamanutd wrote:

To be fair to the doofus........ I mean Triple H, it's not as if he knew Sin Cara was going to fail the Wellness Policy.

Er, exactly, hence why i bet he's spitting feathers.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:03 pm

[quote="johncenamanutd"]
Mr H wrote:Safe to say Sin Cara won't be as heavily pushed when he returns. At least he can spend the next 30 days brushing up on his English.

never stopped randy orton OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by johncenamanutd Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:05 pm

Mr H wrote:
johncenamanutd wrote:

Er, exactly, hence why i bet he's spitting feathers.

Whoops!! Sorry Mr. H, obviously I need to brush up on my reading skills.

johncenamanutd

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:11 pm

Edited the title just to make sure guys.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:58 pm

thats the sin cara push over then...he can take his botches to superstars where they belong

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:03 pm

Lex-Express wrote:thats the sin cara push over then...he can take his botches to superstars where they belong

I wouldn't be so sure. They've clearly made an effort to write him off-screen without mentioning the Wellness violation, and people have been suspending for it and been pushed anyway. It's all just for sponsor's sake etc.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:09 pm

I reckon he went into the wellness fine but somehow he managed to botch it. Tried to pee in the cup from a trampoline or something.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:22 pm

With the amount of rudey poo they add to the 'cant do' list I'm surprised anyone passes it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:25 pm

the-gaffer wrote:With the amount of rudey poo they add to the 'cant do' list I'm surprised anyone passes it

cm punk would be the only one who would pass it :P

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:27 pm

I wouldn't have pegged him for steroids. Then again, he may have shifty eyes, can't tell...

It's good that WWE are sticking to their guns on this and trying to force use out of wrestling — it's just a shame when wrestlers de-rail themselves with stupidity.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 18 Jul 2011, 5:10 pm

It might no even be roids

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 18 Jul 2011, 5:44 pm

In the same way Kolo Toure failed a drugs test due to something in his wife's slimming pills, maybe Sin Cara accidently took something on the banned list.

We'll never truly know, but I think it's naive to think if you fail a test you're a junkie. At least we know why Jeff Hardy left WWE...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:01 pm

Given the standard of some of his matches do you think he could have stumbled upon RVD's old locker...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:54 pm

there are different laws here then there are in mexico about drugs, hector garza when he was in tna got arrested with drugs that were legal in mexico but not america.

so he's probs just taken something he thought was legal which actually isn't.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:24 pm

Another drawback of not speaking the language

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 18 Jul 2011, 8:09 pm

It's creeping out on the dirtsheets now that it was a positive steroid test and he is not coming back due to being sick of the treatment.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 18 Jul 2011, 8:23 pm

WWE announced Monday morning that Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde, who performs as Sin Cara, has been suspended for 30 days due to his first violation of the organization's Talent Wellness Program.

PWInsider.com reports that WWE learned of Sin Cara's drug test failure on June 20, 2011. It is believed that he tested positive for anabolic steroids.

F4WOnline.com adds that he may not be brought back.

Sin Cara was written off television during last night's Money in the Bank pay-per-view. During the SmackDown Money in the Bank Ladder Match, Sheamus viciously powerbombed the masked grappler from the ring apron through a steel ladder. He was subsequently stretchered to the back by paramedics. To explain his absence from television, WWE.com announced this afternoon that he suffered a posterior fractured rib and will be sidelined for at least four weeks.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:09 pm

I can't imagine that they'd just let him go after they seemed to still be building him up even up to the Smackdown before Money in the Bank.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:51 pm

Why would they have him go over Sheamus if they weren't bringing him back

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:03 pm

Apparently he failed the test in June and WWE were informed.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:20 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Why would they have him go over Sheamus if they weren't bringing him back

Exactly.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:07 am

If he doesn't come back then he will surely be up there on the list of biggest let-downs in WWE history?

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:35 am

Sin Cara is claiming that he is innocent now:

Sin Cara, who was suspended Monday by WWE for violating their Talent Wellness Program, spoke to Mexican newspaper The Record to claim his innocence.

The masked grappler says he was informed by WWE officials that he tested positive for steroids. He requested clarification on the matter and noted that he would be meeting with company officials this week.

Cara said many medications contain steroids and he believes a routine injection to his knee to alleviate persistent pain triggered a false positive. He denied taking steroids, noting that he wasn't built like a person who used them.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:02 am

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:Sin Cara is claiming that he is innocent now:

Sin Cara, who was suspended Monday by WWE for violating their Talent Wellness Program, spoke to Mexican newspaper The Record to claim his innocence.

The masked grappler says he was informed by WWE officials that he tested positive for steroids. He requested clarification on the matter and noted that he would be meeting with company officials this week.

Cara said many medications contain steroids and he believes a routine injection to his knee to alleviate persistent pain triggered a false positive. He denied taking steroids, noting that he wasn't built like a person who used them.

That was my first thought. He just doesn't look like he'd take them based on physique and style.

Maybe he took some for pain relief and he's just telling porkies but I don't see the use to him otherwise.

I do hope he comes back and is given another chance; he hasn't had the best of starts, sure, but I do think he will grow into it and be a useful star for WWE.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:06 am

Did Rey not have a similar thing happen?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:13 am

Clarke James wrote:Did Rey not have a similar thing happen?

Yeah, while he was Intercontinental Champion too, ended up losing it to JoMo on a Smackdown taping so he could be banned for 30 days.

Rey still won the World Title again, so as long as Sin Cara keeps his nose clean he'll be fine.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:19 am

Marky wrote:
Clarke James wrote:Did Rey not have a similar thing happen?

Yeah, while he was Intercontinental Champion too, ended up losing it to JoMo on a Smackdown taping so he could be banned for 30 days.

Rey still won the World Title again, so as long as Sin Cara keeps his nose clean he'll be fine.

I meant the false positive thing?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:25 am

But he still got banned for 30 days, pretty identical (if true).

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:28 am

Marky wrote:But he still got banned for 30 days, pretty identical (if true).

Yeah but i think he managed to prove it and get it crossed off his record?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:31 am

In an interview with Mexican newspaper Record, Mysterio stated that he was suspended for a drug he was using for his knee and arm.[citation needed] Mysterio stated that he had a prescription for the drug, but was unable to produce it in time to prevent his suspension due to being on vacation and doing a promotional tour

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 22 Jul 2011, 6:52 pm

Here is the interview from The Record that Sin Cara did about his WWE suspension.

The Record: Are you surprised by this situation?

Sin Cara: Why did they suspend me? They haven't told me anything.

Record: How did you find out?

Cara: I found out just now.

Record: What do you think happened? You're one of the guys who has had a lot of success there.

Cara: I'm going to talk to them to find out what's going on because they told me [wait] until tomorrow.

Record: You're talking with them tomorrow to clear this up? How has this affected you?

Cara: Well yeah, they haven't told me anything bad. This hasn't affected me because they would have told me something.

Record: Why did they suspend you?

Cara: I don't know. What happened is I have pain and I injected something, I think it caused the test to be positive, they didn't tell me anything. Supposedly steroids but lots of medications have steroids.

Record: What body part did you inject? Is this some type of injury?

Cara: It's an injection I normally get in Mexico.

Record: Oh so something you've done previously? What body part?

Cara: My knee.

Record: The same one that's been giving you small problems here and there?

Cara: Yes.

Record: So you're going to meet them and get more information.

Cara: Yes.

Record: Do you have a date on when you'll be back?

Cara: No, like I said they haven't told me anything, I just found out but I'd like to know. They told me not to worry about anything, nothing is going on, that we'd talk tomorrow, that's all they told me. I think until I talk to them tomorrow I'll know what's going on.

Record: Do you have a message for your fans?

Cara: Thanks for their support, the fans know I'm not a drug addict, much less am I taking anything. I'm not sure what happened, it looks like it was from the medication, let's wait and see what happens. Because my body doesn't really look like it's on steroids, If this were a drug thing they would have fired me. I've very grateful for the public's support and we'll wait and see what happens.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 22 Jul 2011, 6:59 pm

Apparently the WWE are really annoyed that the interview happened and it has now been pulled from the website it was published to, but looking at that I can't work out why they're annoyed.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down