The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch vs Ward LIVE

+34
The Galveston Giant
manos de piedra
ShahenshahG
azania
Super D Boon
Volcanicash
oxring
Strongback
The genius of PBF
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
trottb
drsweetscience
joeyjojo618
All Time Great
Imperial Ghosty
belovedfrosties
Seanusarrilius
The Boss
Yojimbonufc
hogey
Sugar Floyd Louis
Il Gialloblu
Qoxiivi
Peacehavenboy
John Bloody Wayne
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Steffan
monzon
Wykey89
The_Cobra
rycoys
SportsmanGC
paperbag_puncher
coxy0001
38 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Froch vs Ward LIVE  - Page 5 Empty Froch vs Ward LIVE

Post by coxy0001 Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:07 am

First topic message reminder :

Christ, they've got Khan on the panel.

I'm hoping Barry Mac sparks him.

Thoughts guys? Rooting for Froch big time, head so wants to have a bet on Ward by UD but can't bring myself to do it.

C'mon Carl!

p.s. lets hope they move Froch's missus away from a microphone this time round

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Froch vs Ward LIVE  - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch vs Ward LIVE

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:45 am

DAVE667 wrote:Very gracious from Froch. Hope he comes back in the New Year refreshed and revitalised. Credit to Ward, he comes across very well

Totally agree, Froch took it very well (thank goodnwess) Ward was great too. Froch still has fights out there for him, Kessler re match would be great, or a step up to Light Heavy, still think he dusts Cleverley in a British unification. I dont see Ward Bute being made so maybe Froch Bute can be made albeit it would have to be in Canada now.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:48 am

You clearly don't know how to score fights ghosty 7-5...It wasn't even close.

I had it 117-112 and that is me being generous to Froch... Laugh After 1 decent round in the 5th you think he stops Ward late.

Froch is a very good fighter...don't think he could have done anymore and gave Ward his hardest test to date so should be proud of his performance.

Ward is a special fighter and a future all time great.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:49 am

Im actually gonna stick up for both Ward and Froch here. Neither of them should have to travel to Canada to fight Bute. If he wants the fights he should at least agree a fight in America with either of them. MSG would be a good half way point for either figher to face Bute

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:52 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Ward didn't do much either and it was Froch trying to initiate in the first so gave him the round, 118-110 is a bit wide for me.

Whistle You clearly have a agenda against Ward otherwise you wouldn't make such a ridiculous comment...Why not give Ward the respect he deserves...I back him to beat Calzaghe as well.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:54 am

The genius of PBF wrote:Why not give Ward the respect he deserves...I back him to beat Calzaghe as well.

Is someone gonna tell him...?

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:55 am

Steffan i totally agree, Bute has done nothing to deserve a home tie v Ward, or Froch. Bute v Ward in MSG would be perfect except none would go so prepare for the tedious argument sover a location for this. Froch wasn't confident int here tonight, Ward fought the fight he needed too. 7-5 was silly card, i had it 117-113 or 112 i think. Froch took that well and that goes a long way

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:58 am

I would like to see Ward v Bute next year in MSG

I would also like a Froch v Kessler rematch although I guess we would have major venue issues with this one as Froch dont wanna go to Denmark again and Kessler already having the W over Froch probably doesnt feel he should have to travel to England

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:59 am

I had the 1st even, the 5th, 9th, 11th and 12th to Froch. The rest to Ward.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:01 am

I had it 118-110 - pretty much in line with what I'd predicted. Maybe 117-111 but that would possibly be with me looking to give Froch rounds rather than being neutral. As much as I like and respect the guy though, I have to say the 115-113 cards were ridiculous.

Ward is very slippery and hard to hit. Can see him going undefeated for a good while longer. Froch simply isn't in his league skill wise I'm afraid. Nothing to be ashamed of though; Froch is a cracking fighter and hopefully still has a fair few scraps in him yet. As a fighter and competitor, he's done the UK proud and his attitude/willingness to fight anyone is one I'd love to see emulated across the sport.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:01 am

I have no idea how to score a fight shantel hence why my scorecard of 115-113 was replicated by two of the judges, go figure and my comment about Ward not doing anything was in direct reference to the first round you absolute muppet. I don't like Ward i'll admit, can't stand how he boxes and creates little excitement in his fights.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:03 am

Who the hell is Shantel Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:05 am

An old alias of PBF

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:08 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I have no idea how to score a fight shantel hence why my scorecard of 115-113 was replicated by two of the judges, go figure and my comment about Ward not doing anything was in direct reference to the first round you absolute muppet. I don't like Ward i'll admit, can't stand how he boxes and creates little excitement in his fights.

The two judges got it wrong like you as usual...You clearly don't know how to score fights.

Most people on here had it wider which shows you just how wrong on here.

Feel very sorry for you the way you think on Ward and cant appreciate his boxing skills...Your in the minority as usual.

Still laughing at your comment after round 5 you think Froch stops Ward late...Ward gave a boxing lesson.

Froch stops Ward late Laugh

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:09 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:An old alias of PBF

Just changed the name no alias.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:22 am

Disappointing fight.

Talented as he is I have a feeling Ward will stink out a few arenas before he's finished. Not too dissimilar to the way Hopkins has at times.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:28 am

Agree with Strongy. Whilst a better fighter, he's about as popular as Chad Dawson and Jermaine Taylor. Nice guy but simply doesn't have mass market appeal. If he had, he'd have been a household name loooooong before now and I can't see that changing despite the Super Six win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:23 pm

About as stupid as your opinion that Cotto wanted to quit against Margarito, i'm happy with my 115-113 scorecard as I feel Froch won rounds 5, 9, 11 and clearly with the first being fairly even. Do carry on though Shantel, i've yet to learn anything from your words of wisdom.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 18 Dec 2011, 1:19 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:About as stupid as your opinion that Cotto wanted to quit against Margarito, i'm happy with my 115-113 scorecard as I feel Froch won rounds 5, 9, 11 and clearly with the first being fairly even. Do carry on though Shantel, i've yet to learn anything from your words of wisdom.

Not as stupid as saying Dariusz knocks out Roy Jones...I haven't learnt anything from you either nor do I want to because I don't respect your opinion or you in general as a poster.

115 -113 good god...I guess Margarito was winning the fight against Cotto (Had it a shutout to Cotto by the way so no agenda on my part)

I even heard the British commentators and pundits scored it wide to Ward but no bias on your part Ghosty.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 18 Dec 2011, 1:22 pm

No bias at all, I can unlike you back up my opinion, if you don't respect my opinion why do you insist on acting like a girl and hurling abuse?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 18 Dec 2011, 1:26 pm

Keep things civil lads.

Ghosty has justified the rounds he scored to Froch - I gave him 1 of those 3 - with 11 even (mostly for that fantastic bit of counterpunching off the back foot) and I scored round 1 to Ward.

However - all 3 rounds were extremely close - and there's a decent argument that Froch could have edged those rounds.

Debate the scoring of the rounds, not each other please.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 18 Dec 2011, 1:31 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:No bias at all, I can unlike you back up my opinion, if you don't respect my opinion why do you insist on acting like a girl and hurling abuse?

Sure you can...The 115-113 scorecard was regarded as a disgrace by many people.

Your the one hurling abuse I haven't resorted to calling posters a "muppet" like you.

Yet to see you back up the 115-113 scorecard...Ward is one of the best fighters in the world today and a future all time great.

Can see him going past Calzaghe...Rather debate this with someone who knows what they are talking about so im off. thumbsup

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 18 Dec 2011, 1:33 pm

Why don't you go ahead and send me another lovely private message shantel?

I backed up my 115-113 scorecard in the very same post but your selective reading must have overlooked that bit, off to the gym preparing for your next fight then Floyd?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 18 Dec 2011, 1:36 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:Your the one hurling abuse I haven't resorted to...Rather debate this with someone who knows what they are talking about

Shocked

Did you both ignore me? Cut the abuse now.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Sun 18 Dec 2011, 2:32 pm

I don't think 115-113 is out of line, it was still a comfortable win for Ward!!

Froch for me won the last 2, so the first 10 would have been 7-3 for anyone who scored it that way or similar!! Bit like Pascal Hopkins 2, close scoreline doesn't necessarily mean it was a close fight!! I'll have to watch the fight again but there were definitely some close rounds in that first 10 that could have gone to the cobra!!

All credit to both fighters though, and Jim Watt needs to retire though!!

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 18 Dec 2011, 2:39 pm

Steffan wrote:Im actually gonna stick up for both Ward and Froch here. Neither of them should have to travel to Canada to fight Bute. If he wants the fights he should at least agree a fight in America with either of them. MSG would be a good half way point for either figher to face Bute

Here Here. Can't stand the sanctimonious Andre Ward but he's the main man now and if Bute wants to avoid being the Sven Ottke of his time then he needs to go to America to fight Ward. There's nothing in Froch fighting Bute now apart from being robbed and the same will happen with Kessler in Germany/Denmark. I have the feeling that both Ward and Froch will move up to Light Heavy and Bute and Kessler will continue to avoid each other at supermiddleweight.

Ward will target the likes of Hopkins/Dawson and Froch will aim for Cleverly. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 18 Dec 2011, 2:56 pm

I had it to Ward by 8 rounds and 2 rounds to Froch. What those judges saw to give it to Ward by 2 rounds only they will know.

As for the future, I am not a fan of weight jumping unless the lower weight guy has outgrown the division. Ward should cement his position as the main guy at 168 by beating the others there in Bute and anyone else. A Dirrell fight would be interesting as Dirrell has the speed to negate many of Ward's moves.

I see my old sparring partner has got another poster who disagree with his strange views in his sites. Very Happy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 18 Dec 2011, 2:59 pm

jay-z wrote:Who gives Ward a chance v Roy Jones or Calzaghe in their primes?

Zero chance against RJJ and he 70/30 in his favour against Joe. Ward reminds me of Floyd/Hop mix without the personalities. He is humble, kind, curteous = boring.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:09 pm

60 40 to joe I'd think, Calzaghes workrate would give him an advantage but Ward has the style to give him a bit of trouble. Only problem is that Hopkins made calzaghe work with two decades worth of experience - I'm not sure ward could do that.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:10 pm

azania wrote:I had it to Ward by 8 rounds and 2 rounds to Froch. What those judges saw to give it to Ward by 2 rounds only they will know.

As for the future, I am not a fan of weight jumping unless the lower weight guy has outgrown the division. Ward should cement his position as the main guy at 168 by beating the others there in Bute and anyone else. A Dirrell fight would be interesting as Dirrell has the speed to negate many of Ward's moves.

I see my old sparring partner has got another poster who disagree with his strange views in his sites. Very Happy

Who's saying he shouldn't fight Bute? I'm saying he won't fight Bute because they're both stay at home fighters and neither will be willing to give up ground. Ward doesn't need Bute as much as Bute needs him and so will not go to Canada. I'm not one for thinking Ward had an away fight last night, he's still fighting in his own country. With the fact Ward has good fights in America with Dawson, Hopkins and Cloud potential opponents I have a feeling he might move up to Light Heavy.
One thing I do agree with though. How you could score that fight 115-113 is ridiculous. Ward won by about 10-2 in my book. I gave Froch just 5th and 12th.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:12 pm

Think that that's the way I see things going, stylistically light heavyweight could be tricky for the pair of them, super middleweight seems to be where the fighters ply there trade while the boxers seem to be in the division above. As good as he looked I would still make Dawson and Hopkins favourite over Ward, strange as it seems think that Froch if he were to up his work rate as he's capable could pose both problems, still regard the pair the top two in the division at the current time with Kessler not far behind with Bute trailing him.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:12 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:60 40 to joe I'd think, Calzaghes workrate would give him an advantage but Ward has the style to give him a bit of trouble. Only problem is that Hopkins made calzaghe work with two decades worth of experience - I'm not sure ward could do that.

40 to 60 in my opinion. Ward hasn't faced anyone like Calzaghe and in fairness he proved himself the king against sub-elite level fighters. Problem for Ward is there's no-one out there in his class now, not even at Light Heavy. Hopkins is about the closest and he is how old now?

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:16 pm

You could be right about Dawson and Hopkins come to think of it. I think Dawson is pretty big and Ward won't be able to bully him the way he did to Froch at times. If only Dawson could fight for the full twelve he could actually beat Ward but he goes walkabout during fights.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:19 pm

Ward beats men by exploiting there weaknesses but both Dawson and Hopkins are exceptional technicians, what weakness are there to be exploited? They can both be outworked as Calzaghe and Pascal showed but outboxed i'm not so sure.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:21 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:60 40 to joe I'd think, Calzaghes workrate would give him an advantage but Ward has the style to give him a bit of trouble. Only problem is that Hopkins made calzaghe work with two decades worth of experience - I'm not sure ward could do that.

40 to 60 in my opinion. Ward hasn't faced anyone like Calzaghe and in fairness he proved himself the king against sub-elite level fighters. Problem for Ward is there's no-one out there in his class now, not even at Light Heavy. Hopkins is about the closest and he is how old now?

Just to clarify -in wards or Calzaghes favour?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:24 pm

Much as I like and admire both Kessler and Froch, Calzaghe is notches above them in talent, his mid fight adaptability, work rate and stamina would be a nightmare for Ward to deal with, how do you effectively counter someone who throws so many punches?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:34 pm

I think Ward will outstrip Calzaghe in terms of legacy. If he can arrange a fight with Bute (which may be very difficult) then he would basically have matched Calzaghe providing he wins.

I think Ward would beat Calzaghe. Hes one of the most talnted and multi vered fighters I have seen in ages. His inside game would be too strong for Calzaghe in my view and would completely shut down Calzaghes workrate by bossing him up front.

As for the fight itself, maybe there was something to the recent Khan score or British title fights abroad getting some measure of sympathy, aswell as Wards reputuation for being a home fighter because I thought 115-113 was very generous to Froch.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:36 pm

Strongback wrote:Disappointing fight.

Talented as he is I have a feeling Ward will stink out a few arenas before he's finished. Not too dissimilar to the way Hopkins has at times.

Exactly as I saw it Strongback!

He can throw Mayweather-esque fast straight shots which catch the eye, but mostly he uses speed to land then tie up his opponent before they can respond.

He's good on the inside and is excellent with his particular style. Top marks to him.

Was good to hear Froch say immediately afterwards how inside fighting against that type of fighter is something he needs to improve on. Showed he was thinking in there. Very gutsy effort, always trying to match the exchanges and not let Ward simply tee off on him.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:36 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
azania wrote:I had it to Ward by 8 rounds and 2 rounds to Froch. What those judges saw to give it to Ward by 2 rounds only they will know.

Who's saying he shouldn't fight Bute? I'm saying he won't fight Bute because they're both stay at home fighters and neither will be willing to give up ground. Ward doesn't need Bute as much as Bute needs him and so will not go to Canada. I'm not one for thinking Ward had an away fight last night, he's still fighting in his own country. With the fact Ward has good fights in America with Dawson, Hopkins and Cloud potential opponents I have a feeling he might move up to Light Heavy.
One thing I do agree with though. How you could score that fight 115-113 is ridiculous. Ward won by about 10-2 in my book. I gave Froch just 5th and 12th.

Hoppo wont fight him. He said as much. Ward should cement his position and dominate the division, defend his title a few times and then when all challengers have gone, move up. Weight hopping is not for me and dont get me started on catchweights.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:39 pm

I had said a defeat against Ward would blow Froch' chances of drawing close to Joe even though some already had him ahead, and although Ward made it easy i think that said more about Carl's style than it did how good Ward was, he was good though, both fighters were a breath of fresh air in their interviews.

Last edited by The Galveston Giant on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:41 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:I had said a defeat against Ward would blow Froch' chances of drawing close to Joe even though some already had him ahead, and although Ward made it easy i think that said more about Carl's style than it did how good Ward was, he was good though, both fighters were a breathe of fresh air in their interviews.

Joe never fought anyone as good as Ward. Feel sorry for Froch though. He fights the best out there but is not quite good enough.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:43 pm

I think Calzaghe could finally prove if he's the real deal or not with Ward. If he beat him, his future earning in endorsements would be astronomical. You'd have to worry Ward would make him look average, so I think Joe will probably be content where he is. But come back and beat Ward bona fide legend.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:44 pm

azania wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:I had said a defeat against Ward would blow Froch' chances of drawing close to Joe even though some already had him ahead, and although Ward made it easy i think that said more about Carl's style than it did how good Ward was, he was good though, both fighters were a breath of fresh air in their interviews.

Joe never fought anyone as good as Ward. Feel sorry for Froch though. He fights the best out there but is not quite good enough.

I disagree, Ward fought a great fight but i wouldn't say he's an all time great.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:00 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:
azania wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:I had said a defeat against Ward would blow Froch' chances of drawing close to Joe even though some already had him ahead, and although Ward made it easy i think that said more about Carl's style than it did how good Ward was, he was good though, both fighters were a breath of fresh air in their interviews.

I disagree, Ward fought a great fight but i wouldn't say he's an all time great.

I haven't said Ward is an ATG. Just that Joe didn't fight anyone with Ward's varied skills. Ward is one of the few active boxers who can counterpunch whilst going forward. The other being Floyd and perhaps Hoppo. He's equally effective on the front and back foot. Just that he's like Bradley in that he doesn't sell fights well. He needs to shoot his mouth off like Floyd. Because lets face it, Floyd without the mouth is not very exciting. Skillful yes.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:04 pm

azania wrote:
azania wrote:

I haven't said Ward is an ATG. Just that Joe didn't fight anyone with Ward's varied skills. Ward is one of the few active boxers who can counterpunch whilst going forward. The other being Floyd and perhaps Hoppo. He's equally effective on the front and back foot. Just that he's like Bradley in that he doesn't sell fights well. He needs to shoot his mouth off like Floyd. Because lets face it, Floyd without the mouth is not very exciting. Skillful yes.

That's why i disagreed.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:08 pm

You disagree that Hoppo cant counterpunch whilst going forward? OK, that's why I said perhaps.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:11 pm

azania wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:

Hoppo wont fight him. He said as much. Ward should cement his position and dominate the division, defend his title a few times and then when all challengers have gone, move up. Weight hopping is not for me and dont get me started on catchweights.

Just what part of my previous paragraph don't you understand? I am proposing that the fight with Bute will WILL NOT happen not that it SHOULD NOT happen. So do you think Ward should just hang around fighting whoever the WBC and WBA tell him to fight at Supermiddleweight? Of course he should fight Bute but we all know it's not as easy as that. I agree on catchweights though. Hate them.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:11 pm

azania wrote:You disagree that Hoppo cant counterpunch whilst going forward? OK, that's why I said perhaps.

No that's why i disagree Joe never fought anyone as good as Ward, i thought the Hopkins win was.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:14 pm

One thing Calzaghe v Ward - no-ones getting knocked out!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:14 pm

azania wrote:You disagree that Hoppo cant counterpunch whilst going forward? OK, that's why I said perhaps.

No that's why i disagree Joe never fought anyone as good as Ward, i thought the Hopkins win was.

Ah. I reckon Ward is a better boxer than Hoppo. He has a better skillset and can be equally dirty.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:19 pm

azania wrote:

Ah. I reckon Ward is a better boxer than Hoppo. He has a better skillset and can be equally dirty.

I was suprised with how tough he was in there, so was Froch.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next