The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

+31
johnson2
Super D Boon
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Imperial Ghosty
Boxtthis
HumanWindmill
jammin
trottb
aja424
PPVxHOTTY
tunes666
sweet_pea
SugarRayBray
Mind the windows Tino.
supremeskills
TopHat24/7
Fists of Fury
ONETWOFOREVER
Bob
azania
spencerclarke
joeyjojo618
Adam D
ShahenshahG
superflyweight
oxring
Rowley
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
AlexHuckerby
Union Cane
coxy0001
35 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Khan puts his money where his mouth is.... Empty Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

Post by coxy0001 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Why couldn't he just stuff it all in his mouth quite literally? Khan has decided to formerly appeal, oh dear.

"Stop pushing him away Khan" - Everyone heard him getting warned, is just the desperate act of a sore loser.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/170809-10000-check-makes-it-official-khan-appeals-peterson-verdict

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Khan puts his money where his mouth is.... Empty Re: Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

Post by Union Cane Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:43 pm

In other news...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Khan puts his money where his mouth is.... Empty Re: Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

Post by coxy0001 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:44 pm

This is different from what he originally did. This, as the link says, is the official stage of the whinging.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:45 pm

Waste of ten grand to be honest, could have given it to something worthy like cancer research or more important someone like me?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:45 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Waste of ten grand to be honest, could have given it to something worthy like cancer research or more important someone like me?

Why you? Not like you'd spend it on anything fun like beer.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:46 pm

Can't open the link.

Did you see him on Millionaire last night?

Tarrant : "Which of these was invented by Sir Isaac Newton..."

Khan : "I don't know, I'm only 25"

Rolling Eyes

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:49 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Waste of ten grand to be honest, could have given it to something worthy like cancer research or more important someone like me?

Why you? Not like you'd spend it on anything fun like beer.

Women and clothes.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:50 pm

Union Cane wrote:Can't open the link.

Rolling Eyes

I'm with Khan not even going to bother googling it who the hell is Sir Isaac Newton?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:50 pm

Rolling Eyes

It's quite a long article, here it is in a spoiler:

Spoiler:

And i haven't watched it in years. Did he get past the first 3 questions?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:51 pm

Rolling Eyes

Not going to single Khan out but if there is one thing that winds me up more than anything it is when people use the fact they were not born as an excuse for not knowing about stuff, for frig sake read a book occasionally. The Beatles had split up by the time I was born, I have still heard of them and can name who was in the band, we are living in a generation of cretins

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:52 pm

rowley wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Not going to single Khan out but if there is one thing that winds me up more than anything it is when people use the fact they were not born as an excuse for not knowing about stuff, for frig sake read a book occasionally. The Beatles had split up by the time I was born, I have still heard of them and can name who was in the band, we are living in a generation of cretins

Sorry for being a cretin but I really don't know who this Isaac Newton guy is! Khan puts his money where his mouth is.... 3845856932
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:52 pm

Not every single person reads as much as you, then again not even John Grisham reads as much as you.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:52 pm

rowley wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Not going to single Khan out but if there is one thing that winds me up more than anything it is when people use the fact they were not born as an excuse for not knowing about stuff, for frig sake read a book occasionally. The Beatles had split up by the time I was born, I have still heard of them and can name who was in the band, we are living in a generation of retarded morons who expect something for nothing

That's better

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:53 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
rowley wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Sorry for being a cretin but I really don't know who this Isaac Newton guy is! Khan puts his money where his mouth is.... 3845856932

Ha, please tell me that was a joke!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:55 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Not every single person reads as much as you, then again not even John Grisham reads as much as you.

Did you not attend school then? Along with Einstein he's the greatest physicist who walked the planet. Ever.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:55 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
rowley wrote:

Rolling Eyes

History isn't my strong point a bit like geography, maths, literature etc... I like boxing, playing the playstation, smoking J's and listening music.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:56 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Not every single person reads as much as you, then again not even John Grisham reads as much as you.

Fair enough Alex but if you don't read much and are a bit on the dim side perhaps it might be prudent not to appear on a quiz show. If you do appear and choose to showcase your stupidity for the great British public you're fair game for folk like me who are having a bad day.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:56 pm

I of course know who Isaac Newton is you dolt. Apple falling on the head and all that.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:58 pm

rowley wrote:

Fair enough Alex but if you don't read much and are a bit on the dim side perhaps it might be prudent not to appear on a quiz show. If you do appear and choose to showcase your stupidity for the great British public you're fair game for folk like me who are having a bad day.

As if it being for charity wasn't enough...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:58 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
rowley wrote:

Rolling Eyes

History isn't my strong point a bit like geography, maths, literature etc... I like boxing, playing the playstation, smoking J's and listening music.

In fairness I have a PHD in that.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:59 pm

rowley wrote:

I agree with Rowley I'm a bit dim and don't read a lot unless it's a book about the sport of boxing as Floyd would say. I would never go on a gameshow although it is for charity so a bit harsh maybe.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:02 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
rowley wrote:

As if it being for charity wasn't enough...

No exuse, if he didn't go on they would book someone else who will almost certainly be brighter than him and as such has a much greater chance of winning a higher amount, so by appearing Khan is actually taking money away from those that need it most. He may as well burn money outside the Salvation Army.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:04 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:I of course know who Isaac Newton is you dolt. Apple falling on the head and all that.

It didn't fall on his head Wink
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:09 pm

Apple falling on the head and all that..

Except it didn't.

I'm with jeff on this, we seem to live in an age where the majority of people think that if it's not covered by Heat or Now or discussed by Alan Carr or Graham Norton then it's not worth knowing. If you ever want to despair at the level of stupidity in this country then watch Million Pound Drop or whatever its called. Saw it once and nearly threw myself out of the window in horror.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:13 pm

Another thing that winds me up is how few quiz shows have actual questions in them, have not seen Million pound drop and Davina McCall makes me want to puke but watched that one with Ant and Dec and it is basically pick a colour! how is that a skill are we really that dim we can't even tackle questions that require even the most basic level of general knowledge now.

Am willing to accept not every quiz show is University Challenge but for pity's sake don't pander to dumb folk, exclude them and make them feel bad about their stupidity.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:18 pm

Thing is - for every "proper" quiz show - and for that, I'm expecting questions at Mastermind level at least and preferably at Univ challenge - the remaining quiz shows fill up half the questions with dross about celebrities, soaps and pop stars.

Growing up - there was 15 to 1, Blockbusters - all manner of daytime channel 4 quiz shows with proper serious questions that required intellect (some more than others). They've gone now - to be replaced by re-runs of locationlocationlocation - and to me that is a great shame.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:18 pm

rowley wrote:Another thing that winds me up is how few quiz shows have actual questions in them, have not seen Million pound drop and Davina McCall makes me want to puke but watched that one with Ant and Dec and it is basically pick a colour! how is that a skill are we really that dim we can't even tackle questions that require even the most basic level of general knowledge now.

Am willing to accept not every quiz show is University Challenge but for pity's sake don't pander to dumb folk, exclude them and make them feel bad about their stupidity.

Why should I feel bad about my stupidity as you call it? If you want to watch a gameshow where the questions are tough go and watch University Challenge or take QI seriously. I don't feel the need to read books and learn who some guy who did or didn't have an apple fall on his head may be why does that bother you so much.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:18 pm

I agree Jeff, I can't watch any of them any more without getting wound up, the only one I like is Only Connect with Victoria Coren.

What a hottie.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:19 pm

To be honest - if you are being punched in the face for a living then intelligence is usually the exception rather than the norm. I myself have no excuse although I know who Sir Isaac Newton is - he is the guy who stopped apples being monopolised by the crystal maze by inventing gravity?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:21 pm

Didnt Isaac Newtons dad shoot an apple off young Isaacs head or something?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Adam D wrote:Didnt Isaac Newtons dad shoot an apple off young Isaacs head or something?

How could you tell?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:31 pm

Deal or no deal demeans us all.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Million pound drop is the easiest quiz show in the world. I do watch it but the people on there are general the types that would be on 'The Only Way is Chelsea' or 'Made in Scouswives' and such like. Beating with their only shoe would be a more appropriate reward for getting on tv.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Another "lets trash Khan" thread I see. Blame Khan again even though the action was launched by GBP and there is precedent.

Khan is just too uppity for some people.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:02 pm

spencerclarke wrote:Million pound drop is the easiest quiz show in the world. I do watch it but the people on there are general the types that would be on 'The Only Way is Chelsea' or 'Made in Scouswives' and such like. Beating with their only shoe would be a more appropriate reward for getting on tv.

But it's all down to what you know, as cliched as it sounds, and what emphasis you place on particular knowledge.

I freely admit that I'm a horrendous bore, and read history books and study maps and get a semi when I'm confronted by a set of statistics for something as mundane as ranking countries by paper production or rice consumption (mildly autistic).

I have never watched a soap opera, own no cds and listen to no music, and never read red top newspapers. The average teenager would consider me as thick as a plank, and I can't answer a single question about popular culture in pub quizes.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:06 pm

Prescott gave Khan a reality check.....looks like he needs another one.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:06 pm

Yeah but the popular culture stuff is always something thats happened that day. So if you are going to be on you read the papers and would be fine. the genuine general knowledge stuff is generally fairly basic.

If you were on you could read them for one week for that sort of money. Have faith in yourself Bob! Sure you would do fine! Smile

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:20 pm

http://www.statistics.gov.uk

In case you feel like knocking one out, Bob. Go nuts and consider this your Christmas present from me.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:26 pm

hahahaha clap well done superflyweight!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:27 pm

This is my latest obsession. I can spend hours studying it.

http://worldweather.wmo.int/010/m010.htm

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:00 pm

Adam D wrote:Didnt Isaac Newtons dad shoot an apple off young Isaacs head or something?

You're getting confused with William Tell.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:02 pm

Who is Isaac Newton then?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Gravity...I'd probably recommend looking him up on wiki if you seriously don't know!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:11 pm

azania wrote:Another "lets trash Khan" thread I see. Blame Khan again even though the action was launched by GBP and there is precedent.

Amir's PR man is back again.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by supremeskills Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:16 pm

oxring wrote:Thing is - for every "proper" quiz show - and for that, I'm expecting questions at Mastermind level at least and preferably at Univ challenge - the remaining quiz shows fill up half the questions with dross about celebrities, soaps and pop stars.

Growing up - there was 15 to 1, Blockbusters - all manner of daytime channel 4 quiz shows with proper serious questions that required intellect (some more than others). They've gone now - to be replaced by re-runs of locationlocationlocation - and to me that is a great shame.

to be fair egg heads is ok.weakist link is rubbish now.

supremeskills

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:16 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:Another "lets trash Khan" thread I see. Blame Khan again even though the action was launched by GBP and there is precedent.

Amir's PR man is back again.....

I see you dont like accuracy. Just go follow the lynch mob. In boxing, unless you're a Mayweather or Oscar, you dont call the shots. Your promotional company tells you what to do, who to fight, when and how much. The boxer himself is the last to say anything behind the scenes. If the promotional companmy says jump, Khan says "how high". Mayweather called it a slave contract and he had a point.

Khan just has to go along with it. $10k is chicken feed compared to the millions that have gone down the drain.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:18 pm

now i know we have had a lot of talk about fixes of late but egg heads really is. They get well easy questions in comparison to the challengers most days.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:18 pm

prettyboykev wrote:Who is Isaac Newton then?

Father of modern physics and one of the most important and greatest Britons that ever lived. Defo one to have googled before saying his name didn't ring any bells!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Gravity...I'd probably recommend looking him up on wiki if you seriously don't know!

Surely anyone who went through high school knows who he is?!!!

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Gravity...I'd probably recommend looking him up on wiki if you seriously don't know!

Mate I genuinely didn't know I won't be looking him up either it's not like he invented anything.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next