The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

+31
johnson2
Super D Boon
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Imperial Ghosty
Boxtthis
HumanWindmill
jammin
trottb
aja424
PPVxHOTTY
tunes666
sweet_pea
SugarRayBray
Mind the windows Tino.
supremeskills
TopHat24/7
Fists of Fury
ONETWOFOREVER
Bob
azania
spencerclarke
joeyjojo618
Adam D
ShahenshahG
superflyweight
oxring
Rowley
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
AlexHuckerby
Union Cane
coxy0001
35 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Khan puts his money where his mouth is.... - Page 10 Empty Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

Post by coxy0001 Tue 20 Dec 2011, 4:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Why couldn't he just stuff it all in his mouth quite literally? Khan has decided to formerly appeal, oh dear.

"Stop pushing him away Khan" - Everyone heard him getting warned, is just the desperate act of a sore loser.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/170809-10000-check-makes-it-official-khan-appeals-peterson-verdict

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Khan puts his money where his mouth is.... - Page 10 Empty Re: Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

Post by azania Thu 22 Dec 2011, 8:57 pm

Lance wrote:azania you are talking nonesense. i seem to remember dawson refusing to give hopkins the rematch and being very disrespectul after he got the tko, so why should bernard do him any favours

That was all talk. Chad would go where the money is. Hopkins would bring more money to the table whereas Chad doesn't/ Given the nature of the ending, the buying public didn't get to see who was the better boxer. A rematch is due.

azania

Back to top Go down

Khan puts his money where his mouth is.... - Page 10 Empty Re: Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 22 Dec 2011, 8:58 pm

Ho Ho Ho and a bottle of rum

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 22 Dec 2011, 9:01 pm

Waingro wrote:Hopkins is too old now it is bad for the sport he should retire look at guys like Holyfield and Jones they are still fighting when they should retire.

This is just minerals. Hop is still beating younger guys so why should he stop? As for Jones and Holy, they are damaging their legacy not the sport.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 22 Dec 2011, 9:05 pm

PPVxHOTTY wrote:
azania wrote:
Lance wrote:
PPVxHOTTY wrote:
Lance wrote:peterson should give him a rematch, because its gonna be the highest earning fight out there for him at the moment. also he can win it more convincingly next time as long as he doesnt have such a nervous start. he should go in full of confidence after beating khan already

So if e.g. Bradley brings more to the table and Peterson accepts to fight Bradley I can see all you Khan nuthuggers saying 'oh hes ducking Khan' bottom line is...if you do the job correctly firstly why is their a need to become desperate for rematches?

cant stand khan myself, so you are a bit quick on your assumptions there. i like peterson, if he can earn more from bradley or anyone else he should go for it. but obviously with the hype surrounding his first match against khan i think he should be able to make a lot off a rematch

Bottom line......money. Who pays more. Bradley cant draw flies and GBP have offered Peterson a 7 figure sum. If I were managing Peterson I'd take it as he'll beat Amir in a rematch.

Money and another thing you're forgetting 'bargaining power' when Oscar fought both Floyd and Pacman why did he gain the higher share? What I dont understand is why are GBP offering a 7 figure sum if they're adamant the appeal or whatever you wanna call will be successful? surely they're just hyping up a 'potential' rematch! Bradley may not be able to attract 10 fans in his living room but now that Top Rank have Bradley I feel uncle Bob will relish a Peterson match up which is also a rematch as Bradley was victorious before. As each day goes by Khan and his silly rants are making him look more and more desperate.

The whole issue surrounding the appeal adds more publicy to the fight. Call it cheap advertising. It will add more bums on seats and will justify the 7 figure sum being offered to Peterson (although I reckon that will be halved when the white of eyes are seen).

Now that Floyd will be having his pretty boy status well and truly tested, Bradley will be lined up for Pac and Peterson wont have anywhere to go.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:15 pm

Brilliant thread!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10