The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

+31
johnson2
Super D Boon
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Imperial Ghosty
Boxtthis
HumanWindmill
jammin
trottb
aja424
PPVxHOTTY
tunes666
sweet_pea
SugarRayBray
Mind the windows Tino.
supremeskills
TopHat24/7
Fists of Fury
ONETWOFOREVER
Bob
azania
spencerclarke
joeyjojo618
Adam D
ShahenshahG
superflyweight
oxring
Rowley
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
AlexHuckerby
Union Cane
coxy0001
35 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Khan puts his money where his mouth is.... - Page 2 Empty Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

Post by coxy0001 Wed 21 Dec - 3:41

First topic message reminder :

Why couldn't he just stuff it all in his mouth quite literally? Khan has decided to formerly appeal, oh dear.

"Stop pushing him away Khan" - Everyone heard him getting warned, is just the desperate act of a sore loser.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/170809-10000-check-makes-it-official-khan-appeals-peterson-verdict

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Khan puts his money where his mouth is.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Dec - 8:29

TopHat24/7 wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:Who is Isaac Newton then?

Father of modern physics and one of the most important and greatest Britons that ever lived. Defo one to have googled before saying his name didn't ring any bells!

Mate I'm not embarrassed about not knowing who he is. This is a boxing forum I know more about the lower weights than most people on this site but you don't hear me mocking you lot because you don't know who Kazuto Ioka is.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Khan puts his money where his mouth is.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Dec - 8:31

ShahenshahG wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:Gravity...I'd probably recommend looking him up on wiki if you seriously don't know!

Surely anyone who went through high school knows who he is?!!!

High school was a great time. Spent my time playing ISS and listening to Cypress Hill.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 21 Dec - 8:34

prettyboykev wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:Gravity...I'd probably recommend looking him up on wiki if you seriously don't know!

Mate I genuinely didn't know I won't be looking him up either it's not like he invented anything.

Reflecting telescope, milled edges on coins...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec - 8:37

Come on stick to boxing lads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw

Enjoy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Dec - 8:37

oxring wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

Mate I genuinely didn't know I won't be looking him up either it's not like he invented anything.

Reflecting telescope, milled edges on coins...

Fair enough the bloke was a smart bar steward but did he ever complete all the metal gear solid games?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 21 Dec - 8:59

Bob wrote:This is my latest obsession. I can spend hours studying it.

http://worldweather.wmo.int/010/m010.htm

Your wife come back yet, Bob?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 21 Dec - 9:00

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Bob are you Radio Bob?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 21 Dec - 9:01

ShahenshahG wrote:

Bob are you Radio Bob?

Back off Shah. It's my question first.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 21 Dec - 9:04

ShahenshahG wrote:

Bob are you Radio Bob?

Back off Shah. It's my question first.

Look I know you are craving love and you think you've found a kindred spirit in Bob - but remember this. There is a 101% chance he will abandon you for a cricket scorer.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 21 Dec - 9:05

Bob do you work at the office of national statistics?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Wed 21 Dec - 9:05

Nope. Not sure she is all that attracted to me any more. The myopic fiddler crab look of a bachelor is quite an acquired taste.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 21 Dec - 9:08

Bob wrote:

Nope. Not sure she is all that attracted to me any more. The myopic fiddler crab look of a bachelor is quite an acquired taste.

Got to say, I was wondering what her problem was at first. Bit by bit it is becoming clearer.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 21 Dec - 9:10

Hmmm getting a little worried now!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Wed 21 Dec - 9:13

Bob wrote:

Got to say, I was wondering what her problem was at first. Bit by bit it is becoming clearer.

With hindsight I would never have got her that bukake DVD for her birthday.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 21 Dec - 9:14

hahahahaha!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 21 Dec - 9:16

Bob wrote:

*Bukkake

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 21 Dec - 9:17

I feel I've learnt enough about Bob for one night!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Wed 21 Dec - 9:20

Bob wrote:

*Bukkake

Give me a break, I'm typing half blind with arthritic fingers.

Like Windy on a good day.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayBray Wed 21 Dec - 9:54

prettyboykev wrote:

Shocked

SugarRayBray

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Dec - 9:58

SugarRayBray wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

Shocked

Apparently he did invent some stuff. I still aint looked him up. What gets me is all the smart @rses who were slagging Khan for not knowing who he was. When I asked them because I didn't know no one told me people were talking about apples and some guy shooting an apple that was on his sons head.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Wed 21 Dec - 10:12

interesting thread.
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 21 Dec - 10:15

Kev, if you can't be bothered looking him up why would you care if no one told you about him? The story about Isaac Newton and the apple is probably the most famous one about him - albeit not strictly true. I imagine that adam's comment about the arrow was him being flippant and deliberately confusing Newton's apple story with that of the legend of William Tell's father shooting an arrow off his head.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Wed 21 Dec - 10:16

I have lost allot of respect for Khan after all this.

I think Peterson should now not give him the rematch.

Then again I guess he knows its still a good pay day for him...

Yes it was an unlucky defeat, but not an unfair one.

He was holding him down and pushing, both can be deemed as fouls, The Ref warned him many times and ended up taking two points off him.. He also gave a knock down to Peterson in the first round that was not from a punch but off balance and a shove from Khan.

It was a very close fight but you lost Khan, FULL STOP. Move on and be humble and when you get the rematch use it to put in a better performance and win your titles back..

I really hope you lose it again after all this.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Dec - 10:19

I asked who he was because Khan was getting slated for not knowing who he was. Then the same people who slated Khan went silent or talked nonsense until a few hours later when Fists said who he was.

I wasn't bothered until people who were acting smart clearly never knew what they were talking about. I don't claim to be a clever guy far from it but at least I don't slag people off for not knowing something that I know very little about.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 21 Dec - 10:36

I'm not sure Khan was being slated for not knowing who he was. He was being slated for saying he didn't know because he was only 25. Given that Newton died almost 300 years ago, it's unlikely that being slightly older would have helped Khan find the answer.

Last edited by superflyweight on Wed 21 Dec - 10:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't add up to 300!)

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Dec - 10:40

He was also being slated for not knowing who he was. The guy was doing a bit of charity work. If he had refused to do it he would have got slated.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec - 10:45

tunes666 wrote:I have lost allot of respect for Khan after all this.

He was holding him down and pushing, both can be deemed as fouls, The Ref warned him many times and ended up taking two points off him.. He also gave a knock down to Peterson in the first round that was not from a punch but off balance and a shove from Khan.

It was a very close fight but you lost Khan, FULL STOP. Move on and be humble and when you get the rematch use it to put in a better performance and win your titles back..

And after losing all respect for Khan you find that it is not Khan launching the appeal but GBP, will the respect you lost suddenly come back or will you find another reason for losing respect for him?

GBP launched the appeal

GBP stated that it is not illegal to push your opponent (whether this is accurate I dont know).Schaefer stated that there is nothing in the rules relating to pushing. Even excessive pushing isn't a foul.

GBP stated there are issues with the score card

GBP paid the $10k

GBP have offered Peterson a 7 figure sum for a rematch regardless of the outcome

GBP stated that the IBF mastercard disappeared immediately after the fight

Khan gets the blame.

Go figure.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 21 Dec - 10:47

Khan going on Who Wants to be a Millionaire with his lack of general knowledge is a bit like Gary Glitter shaking a charity tin in the street. Well meaning but likely to end in very little money for the charity in question.

I do commend him for the good intention though.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec - 10:50

superflyweight wrote:Khan going on Who Wants to be a Millionaire with his lack of general knowledge is a bit like Gary Glitter shaking a charity tin in the street. Well meaning but likely to end in very little money for the charity in question.

I do commend him for the good intention though.

And Ali had an IQ of slightly above special level. Personally I prefer boxers to fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec - 10:53

Apparently Buffer was told that Khan won only to be given another result minutes later. Perhaps those who added up the numbers couldn't add properly. Who knows. But what if there were some shenanigans going on and it was exposed? Would you all give Khan credit for exposing apparent fraud or give the credit to GBP for forcing the issue.

Be honest if possible.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 21 Dec - 10:55

Az, has Khan been quoted as saying "we're going to appeal". Yes, he has. Do you think he got a text message from a friend saying "christ you won't believe it but your promoters are appealing the decision".....

And i know you know jack, but the rules state you can't push a fighter. Otherwise why do knockdowns not get counted when another guy pushes into a guy, their legs get trapped and the other guy falls over? And the ref barks "no pushing off"

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 21 Dec - 10:58

Christ Az, when have you heard of a completely random average fighter get the nod when someone like GBP is trying to set up Khan with it's massive PPV star aka Mayweather Jr?

You really aren't very smart.

If there was a screw job it would never have been on Khan, why would anyone involved in the Khan camp want to scupper a massive massive earner for a rematch with Peterson?

Get off the beers and have a quiet moment of thought, if that's possible.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec - 11:07

coxy0001 wrote:Az, has Khan been quoted as saying "we're going to appeal". Yes, he has. Do you think he got a text message from a friend saying "christ you won't believe it but your promoters are appealing the decision".....

And i know you know jack, but the rules state you can't push a fighter. Otherwise why do knockdowns not get counted when another guy pushes into a guy, their legs get trapped and the other guy falls over? And the ref barks "no pushing off"

He also says "we won the fight". He always uses "we" in relation to anything he does. Those words about pushing are Schaefer's words. I reckon he knows more that either of us. Furthermore boy, there is a difference in something being illegal and the same thing being not permitted.

Anyway, take your hate campaign on this issue with Schaefer and GBP.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec - 11:13

coxy0001 wrote:Christ Az, when have you heard of a completely random average fighter get the nod when someone like GBP is trying to set up Khan with it's massive PPV star aka Mayweather Jr?

If there was a screw job it would never have been on Khan, why would anyone involved in the Khan camp want to scupper a massive massive earner for a rematch with Peterson?

Silly silly boy. Honestly you sometimes come accross as a naughty lad. I am not saying that there was a screw job or there wasn't. I have stated on several occassions that I do not support the appeal. But numpties here seem to be all too keen to blame Khan when in fact the action is being taken up by GBP. Read it again son, the action is being taken up by GBP.

Now I know Khan doesn't know who Isaac Newton is. Do you seriously believe he has the intelligence to take up such an action. Advise GBP and top lawyers like Schaefer that there are grounds for an appeal? I mean seriously cosy. Even in your childish laddish attitude and lack of critical intelligence, even you can realise Khan is not really up for that.

I will also add that King appealed to the WBC to get the Douglas win reversed. He did it on behalf of Tyson. If that were Khan instead of Tyson, numpties like yourself would be blaming Khan and not King who launched the action. Lastly, he did the same thing with Steve Cummingham and actually got a decesion reversed. Did Cunningham launch the appeal? No. King did.

And its not beers. Jack Daniel with one ice cube. Now quit being a pillock and read facts. And pray to God that you never sit on a jury.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 21 Dec - 11:14

azania wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Az, has Khan been quoted as saying "we're going to appeal". Yes, he has. Do you think he got a text message from a friend saying "christ you won't believe it but your promoters are appealing the decision".....

He also says "we won the fight". He always uses "we" in relation to anything he does. Those words about pushing are Schaefer's words. I reckon he knows more that either of us. Furthermore boy, there is a difference in something being illegal and the same thing being not permitted.

A hate campaign would involve a bit more than me just moaning about the brat on a forum. I'm not his biggest fan, but i'm not going to petrol bomb his house.

Schaefer was given the light by Khan, and that is the end of it. He is being represented and has given the go ahead for GBP to lodge the complaint as they're his representatives.

And you can't push another fighter, that is illegal. Otherwise you'd get all out shoving matches. Again, you lack any sort of brain to understand.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec - 11:15

I may or may not be very smart. That's a matter of opinion. But you are deffo not smart at all and that is not opinion but a fact.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 21 Dec - 11:16

azania wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Christ Az, when have you heard of a completely random average fighter get the nod when someone like GBP is trying to set up Khan with it's massive PPV star aka Mayweather Jr?

Silly silly boy. Honestly you sometimes come accross as a naughty lad. I am not saying that there was a screw job or there wasn't. I have stated on several occassions that I do not support the appeal. But numpties here seem to be all too keen to blame Khan when in fact the action is being taken up by GBP. Read it again son, the action is being taken up by GBP.

Now I know Khan doesn't know who Isaac Newton is. Do you seriously believe he has the intelligence to take up such an action. Advise GBP and top lawyers like Schaefer that there are grounds for an appeal? I mean seriously cosy. Even in your childish laddish attitude and lack of critical intelligence, even you can realise Khan is not really up for that.

I will also add that King appealed to the WBC to get the Douglas win reversed. He did it on behalf of Tyson. If that were Khan instead of Tyson, numpties like yourself would be blaming Khan and not King who launched the action. Lastly, he did the same thing with Steve Cummingham and actually got a decesion reversed. Did Cunningham launch the appeal? No. King did.

And its not beers. Jack Daniel with one ice cube. Now quit being a pillock and read facts. And pray to God that you never sit on a jury.

So Khan has no idea GBP have made the call? That they just act without his say so?

You sir, are a complete idiot.

Goodnight

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 21 Dec - 11:16

Stop calling each other stupid. Its becoming tedious - and I would hope you would have learnt from last time to avoid such behaviour
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 21 Dec - 11:18

azania wrote:I may or may not be very smart. That's a matter of opinion. But you are deffo not smart at all and that is not opinion but a fact.

And the above just makes you look a complete special.

Goodnight Az

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec - 11:19

coxy0001 wrote:
azania wrote:

A hate campaign would involve a bit more than me just moaning about the brat on a forum. I'm not his biggest fan, but i'm not going to petrol bomb his house.

Schaefer was given the light by Khan, and that is the end of it. He is being represented and has given the go ahead for GBP to lodge the complaint as they're his representatives.

And you can't push another fighter, that is illegal. Otherwise you'd get all out shoving matches. Again, you lack any sort of brain to understand.

Absolutely wrong again. Khan didn't give any green light to Schaefer. Its more likely Schaefer TOLD Khan what was going to happen. In the business of boxing, the boxers are an irrelevance. Their job is simply to fight. Everything else is done for them, especially if they are elite boxers. Obviously Mayweather breaks that rule, but even then, he is told what to do. It also helps him that he is a very astute businessman and knows the business better than most.

Khan had no choice but to give the go ahead. Much like Tyson had no choice but to allow King to go ahead. Publically Tyson said nothing about it. Privately I've read he was opposed to it. Now we dont know what Khan thinks privately. We can only speculate. Numpties like you will naturally speculate that he agrees with the appeal.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec - 11:22

coxy0001 wrote:
azania wrote:

So Khan has no idea GBP have made the call? That they just act without his say so?

You sir, are a complete idiot.

Goodnight

You are proving my opinion of you with every sentence. Where have I stated that Khan had no idea that GBP made the call? Quit making things up. Its unbecoming.

And thank you for your final words. I take it as a compliment. Dont forget your pacifier when you go to bed.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec - 11:25

oxring wrote:Stop calling each other stupid. Its becoming tedious - and I would hope you would have learnt from last time to avoid such behaviour

I haven't called anyone stupid.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Wed 21 Dec - 11:25

azania wrote:

And after losing all respect for Khan you find that it is not Khan launching the appeal but GBP, will the respect you lost suddenly come back or will you find another reason for losing respect for him?

GBP launched the appeal

GBP stated that it is not illegal to push your opponent (whether this is accurate I dont know).Schaefer stated that there is nothing in the rules relating to pushing. Even excessive pushing isn't a foul.

GBP paid the $10k

GBP have offered Peterson a 7 figure sum for a rematch regardless of the outcome

Khan gets the blame.

Go figure.

Of course GBP are doing it as they work for Khan. But Khan has stated in interviews his views.. he has not one time excepted the defeat.

There is a rule that states a boxer is not aloud to use his arms to push another opponent away... so officially Khan was braking the rules..
Its also in the rules that boxers must not hold on and wrestle their opponent.. Now, we all know that boxers do all of this.. But its up the the reff to make the decision of they are using it to much to gain an advantage... Khan clearly was because he wanted to stop Peterson fighting on the inside, so he was holding his head down or pushing him away, The Reff saw this and warned him and he ignored him and continued to do it, thus ended up being ducked 2 points.

It was cowpat about Peterson nearly head butting Khan, just because he comes in low, it does not mean he is going to headbutt you... They just know that Peterson exposed a weakness.

GBP just want to win this appeal probably just for money so they get more cash and say in the rematch, which Khan would not deserve...

Why is it most pro's admit that Khan was not unlucky to have the points taken away? and that he had it coming?.. and that Peterson deserved the close decision he got?

Khan can have his opinion and believe he edged it, But to say it was stolen is cowpat.

"The rules of boxing vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and on whether it is an amateur or professional bout. A violation of the following rules is considered a foul, and can result in a point deduction or disqualification:"

- You cannot hit below the belt, hold, trip, kick, headbutt, wrestle, bite, spit on, or push your opponent.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Rules_of_Boxing

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec - 11:35

tunes666 wrote:
azania wrote:

GBP launched the appeal

GBP paid the $10k

Khan gets the blame.

Go figure.

Of course GBP are doing it as they work for Khan. But Khan has stated in interviews his views.. he has not one time excepted the defeat.

There is a rule that states a boxer is not aloud to use his arms to push another opponent away... so officially Khan was braking the rules..
Its also in the rules that boxers must not hold on and wrestle their opponent.. Now, we all know that boxers do all of this.. But its up the the reff to make the decision of they are using it to much to gain an advantage... Khan clearly was because he wanted to stop Peterson fighting on the inside, so he was holding his head down or pushing him away, The Reff saw this and warned him and he ignored him and continued to do it, thus ended up being ducked 2 points.

It was cowpat about Peterson nearly head butting Khan, just because he comes in low, it does not mean he is going to headbutt you... They just know that Peterson exposed a weakness.

GBP just want to win this appeal probably just for money so they get more cash and say in the rematch, which Khan would not deserve...

Why is it most pro's admit that Khan was not unlucky to have the points taken away? and that he had it coming?.. and that Peterson deserved the close decision he got?

Khan can have his opinion and believe he edged it, But to say it was stolen is cowpat.

"The rules of boxing vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and on whether it is an amateur or professional bout. A violation of the following rules is considered a foul, and can result in a point deduction or disqualification:"

- You cannot hit below the belt, hold, trip, kick, headbutt, wrestle, bite, spit on, or push your opponent.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Rules_of_Boxing

Khan is towing the party line. He is highly unlikely to start insulting GBP is he. After all they are his paymasters and have invested fortunes in him. As for the issue with the rules, I said that GBP stated that it is not illegal to push. Not my opinion. In fact I have not given an opinion (other than to question coxy's intelligence). Just stated the facts that it is not Khan launching this appeal and there has been precedent before in which the boxer in question did not get the same level of heat as Khan is getting but the promotional team behind the boxer.

There is an irrational anti Khan brigade here which is seriously questionable in terms of why that it.

Why should Khan accept defeat when he thinks he wasn't beaten but robbed. Ask Froch is he accepts the Kesselr defeat.

Why is it that every publication and article I have read on this matter all bar none state that the ref got it very wrong. I'm not surprised that Khan is still livid. Wouldn't you be?

Why wouldn't he deserve it? Whatever the oputcome, this is the best thing that has happened to Peterson and Khan. It has given them more publicity and in my opinion the $10k they spent is cheap for all the publicity they are getting. The rematch will sell big time and Peterson should thank Khan for that.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 21 Dec - 11:55

azania wrote:Why is it that every publication and article I have read on this matter all bar none state that the ref got it very wrong.

Because you haven't read enough or the correct articles old boy; but keep trying and all that.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=30084&more=1
http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=30105&more=1
http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=30070&more=1

Fat Dan and the Ring (owned by GBP) are, unsurprisingly, vocally against the deductions. However - to say that "every publication" state the ref got it very wrong is at the least inaccurate, at the worst, displaying a lack of general reading.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Wed 21 Dec - 12:08

oxring wrote:
azania wrote:Why is it that every publication and article I have read on this matter all bar none state that the ref got it very wrong.

Because you haven't read enough or the correct articles old boy; but keep trying and all that.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=30084&more=1
http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=30105&more=1
http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=30070&more=1

Fat Dan and the Ring (owned by GBP) are, unsurprisingly, vocally against the deductions. However - to say that "every publication" state the ref got it very wrong is at the least inaccurate, at the worst, displaying a lack of general reading.

laughing Even if you provide video evidence Khan fans will still stick to their flawed logic in order to hold his nuts up!

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Wed 21 Dec - 18:32

SugarRayRussell wrote:
Union Cane wrote:Can't open the link.

Did you see him on Millionaire last night?

Tarrant : "Which of these was invented by Sir Isaac Newton..."

Khan : "I don't know, I'm only 25"

Rolling Eyes

I'm with Khan not even going to bother googling it who the hell is Sir Isaac Newton?

SERIOUSLY!!
I've always been intrigued with the man, Sir Isaac Newton PRS was an English physicist, mathematician, astronomer, natural philosopher, alchemist, and theologian, who has been "considered by many to be the greatest and most influential scientist who ever lived.
His monograph Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica, published in 1687, lays the foundations for most of classical mechanics. In this work, Newton described universal gravitation and the three laws of motion, which dominated the scientific view of the physical universe for the next three centuries. Newton showed that the motions of objects on Earth and of celestial bodies are governed by the same set of natural laws, by demonstrating the consistency between Kepler's laws of planetary motion and his theory of gravitation, thus removing the last doubts about heliocentrism and advancing the Scientific Revolution. The Principia is generally considered to be one of the most important scientific books ever written.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Dec - 18:48

Kev, Russell, apologies mate, was only ranting yesterday because I was having a very bad day at work, nothing meant by it, as you say is a boxing forum, don't really give a flying one if anyone knows the first thing about Newton or not.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 21 Dec - 18:58

superflyweight wrote:Kev, if you can't be bothered looking him up why would you care if no one told you about him? The story about Isaac Newton and the apple is probably the most famous one about him - albeit not strictly true. I imagine that adam's comment about the arrow was him being flippant and deliberately confusing Newton's apple story with that of the legend of William Tell's father shooting an arrow off his head.

I wasnt being serious! And thank god Superfly realised that (although Fists didnt Laugh )

The bottom line for me is that Khan was doing a nice thing for charity.

The fact that he didnt know who Newton was isnt a reflection on him but more of a reflection on the poor education system at the moment.

Newton was one of the most important minds ever. He used to be on the £1 note for pete's sake! Yes I am old enough to remember those!

When people talk of the greatest ever scientific minds, Newton would be among the likes of Einstein, Archimedes etc.

For the younger people on here - think of him as Archie the Inventor of his time.

And whoever used the Beatles comparison - that is spot on. You dont have to know about these people but I am amazed you havent heard of them.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 21 Dec - 19:48

Newton > Einstein

Newton EKO

Fact.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next