The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

+31
johnson2
Super D Boon
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Imperial Ghosty
Boxtthis
HumanWindmill
jammin
trottb
aja424
PPVxHOTTY
tunes666
sweet_pea
SugarRayBray
Mind the windows Tino.
supremeskills
TopHat24/7
Fists of Fury
ONETWOFOREVER
Bob
azania
spencerclarke
joeyjojo618
Adam D
ShahenshahG
superflyweight
oxring
Rowley
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
AlexHuckerby
Union Cane
coxy0001
35 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Khan puts his money where his mouth is.... - Page 4 Empty Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

Post by coxy0001 Tue 20 Dec 2011, 4:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Why couldn't he just stuff it all in his mouth quite literally? Khan has decided to formerly appeal, oh dear.

"Stop pushing him away Khan" - Everyone heard him getting warned, is just the desperate act of a sore loser.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/170809-10000-check-makes-it-official-khan-appeals-peterson-verdict

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Khan puts his money where his mouth is.... - Page 4 Empty Re: Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

Post by trottb Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:25 am

HumanWindmill wrote:Just to amplify Adam's point, let's all play nicely. It hasn't boiled over yet and everybody is just fine, but the warning signs are there.

Season of goodwill, fellas.

It was Adams picture, of the plane that Khan hired, that's got me most riled can he be banned?

On a brighter note here's wishing everyone a good Christmas and great New Year.

Apart from Coxy:
Spoiler:

or Az:
Spoiler:

trottb

Back to top Go down

Khan puts his money where his mouth is.... - Page 4 Empty Re: Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

Post by coxy0001 Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:28 am

azania wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:My title says it all? That my surname's cox and a result people call me the common nickname of coxy? Are you the immature you're trying to make some play on it? Something i'd expect of a 12 year old.

And i heard Khan trying to bring the subject back to him when he wasn't asked questions about his fight, something along the lines regarding Wards much talked about use of his noggin as he was coming inside.

Nope. Your thread title says it all. Wrong on all counts and clearly an unhealthy bias. Firstly its not Khan's money. Its GBP stumping up the $10k.

So now you admit you were wrong and Khan was asked questions about the fight etc? No need to tell untruths lad.

Let me quote the article, you able to comprehend this?

"Now, however, Khan is putting his money where his mouth is."

Are you going to accuse the original author of an unhealthy bias and accept i was quoting the article? You should perhaps learn to read.

And no, Khan bought the spotlight back on him during the broadcast when there was no need to.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:30 am

SugarRayRussell wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:Gravity...I'd probably recommend looking him up on wiki if you seriously don't know!

Mate I genuinely didn't know I won't be looking him up either it's not like he invented anything.

An obvious WUM...

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:43 am

azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:Why did GBP not launch an appeal when Lara was robbed? chin

Did Lara have ponts deducted and is he a money maker as Khan was being groomed to be?

Biggest robbery of the year mate and they never kicked up.

Who knows what they're saying on Spanish speaking TV in USA. I can bet you anything you wish, that if asked Lara will say he was robbed. Ask him in 50 years time he will respond. And Williams will say he won clean and fairly. Its the make up of boxers.

My point is GBP never kicked off about it like they did with Khan. Yes there was no points deductions but there is also no reason for GBP to try and make up rules. Pushing is a foul and can get you points deducted. Yes it's rare but it's in the rules. Khans a clown for getting the points taken off him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:44 am

azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:Why did GBP not launch an appeal when Lara was robbed? chin

Did Lara have ponts deducted and is he a money maker as Khan was being groomed to be?

Who knows what they're saying on Spanish speaking TV in USA. I can bet you anything you wish, that if asked Lara will say he was robbed. Ask him in 50 years time he will respond. And Williams will say he won clean and fairly. Its the make up of boxers.

My point is GBP never kicked off about it like they did with Khan. Yes there was no points deductions but there is also no reason for GBP to try and make up rules. Pushing is a foul and can get you points deducted. Yes it's rare but it's in the rules. Khans a clown for getting the points taken off him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:44 am

trottb wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:Just to amplify Adam's point, let's all play nicely. It hasn't boiled over yet and everybody is just fine, but the warning signs are there.

Season of goodwill, fellas.

It was Adams picture, of the plane that Khan hired, that's got me most riled can he be banned?

On a brighter note here's wishing everyone a good Christmas and great New Year.

Apart from Coxy:
Spoiler:

or Az:
Spoiler:

laughing

Classic

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:47 am

coxy0001 wrote:
azania wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:My title says it all? That my surname's cox and a result people call me the common nickname of coxy? Are you the immature you're trying to make some play on it? Something i'd expect of a 12 year old.

And i heard Khan trying to bring the subject back to him when he wasn't asked questions about his fight, something along the lines regarding Wards much talked about use of his noggin as he was coming inside.

Nope. Your thread title says it all. Wrong on all counts and clearly an unhealthy bias. Firstly its not Khan's money. Its GBP stumping up the $10k.

So now you admit you were wrong and Khan was asked questions about the fight etc? No need to tell untruths lad.

Let me quote the article, you able to comprehend this?

"Now, however, Khan is putting his money where his mouth is."

Are you going to accuse the original author of an unhealthy bias and accept i was quoting the article? You should perhaps learn to read.

And no, Khan bought the spotlight back on him during the broadcast when there was no need to.

It also states GBP filed the official appeal on Khan's behalf.

No, your posting history displays a very unhealthy bias towards Khan. Too uppity for you is he? Khan was asked questions about the fight. He answered them. You clearly didn't see the pre-fight questions when Khan was introduced. It you di, you wouldn't be spouting such rubbish. Then again you never know. You're not averse to "spinning" things your way.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:56 am

I backed Khan against Maidana, most off the old 606 will remember me going a bit crazy over the 13/2 Skybet were offering for Khan by UD (which by fight night had been backed into 3/1)

That doesn't sound like a massive bias, does it?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:58 am

SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:

I presume you mean Lara. Yes they never kicked off. Is that Khan's fault also?

The pushing rule is so rare its never done. Can you recall a case where it was done?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:03 pm

Whether the rule is strictly enforced or not does not matter, he was warned numerous times not to and persisted, had it come out of the blue then he may have a point but as things were he does not.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:04 pm

I've backed Khan to lose a rematch. But your point proves nothing other than you bet Khan to win so you would win money. Your dislike for his is not doe to his sporting prowess but him as a person. So sad.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:07 pm

Coxy can't believe what i've just read there, give up mate there's no point debating with a dim witted brick wall.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:09 pm

If Ali was deducted points for pushing he would have lost many fights.

Grow up ghosty. You're behaving like a petulent child again.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:10 pm

Can we ease up on the insults, the mods have asked nicely, nobody needs to get banned during the season of goodwill.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:10 pm

I've heard it all now.

Pushing isn't a foul, excessive pushing isn't a foul!!??

So if a fighter ran over to a fighter and shoved him out of the ring would the ref start a count!?

or if a fighter kept pushing a fighter to the floor constantly every round, the ref wouldn't say a word!!?

Absolute horse keek.

And for the record Az, you know just as much as everyone else on here when it comes to the appeal. The clue is in the title of all the articles on every media outlet:

"Khan lodges an appeal" etc. I am yet to read where its says "Golden Boy Promotions lodge an appeal without Khans permission"

Its so cringeworthy its unreal. I hope this comes back to bite Khan and I think like other sports there should be a heavy penalty if his appeal is rejected like in football etc, an extended ban they get or bigger fine.

This is time wasting at its highest level. I wouldn't have minded if it was a complaint only on the ref and the judges.

But to try to steal a win off Peterson is as cowardly as it gets.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:12 pm

Wlad got a points deduction for excessive pushing as well against Haye

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:18 pm

Every Ref is different and is more flexible on how they judge certain fouls.

The refs in the Andre Ward fights aren't too harsh on headbutts for example and that is definately a foul
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:20 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I've heard it all now.

Pushing isn't a foul, excessive pushing isn't a foul!!??

So if a fighter ran over to a fighter and shoved him out of the ring would the ref start a count!?

or if a fighter kept pushing a fighter to the floor constantly every round, the ref wouldn't say a word!!?

Absolute horse keek.

And for the record Az, you know just as much as everyone else on here when it comes to the appeal. The clue is in the title of all the articles on every media outlet:

"Khan lodges an appeal" etc. I am yet to read where its says "Golden Boy Promotions lodge an appeal without Khans permission"

Its so cringeworthy its unreal. I hope this comes back to bite Khan and I think like other sports there should be a heavy penalty if his appeal is rejected like in football etc, an extended ban they get or bigger fine.

This is time wasting at its highest level. I wouldn't have minded if it was a complaint only on the ref and the judges.

But to try to steal a win off Peterson is as cowardly as it gets.

Pushing is a foul but one that is not punished or hardly ever punished with deductions. GBP for whatever reason state that Khan did not foul and pushing is part of the sport. They launched the appeal using that as one of the reasoning.

Yes the clue is in the title. But the insults hurled at Khan is totally unwarranted given he's like a puppet being led in a sense that no boxer has the power to order their paymasters in the manner you guys tink Khan has. He has to tow the line uch like other boxers tow their promoters line.

In the article coxy sent, it clearly states that GBP launched the appeal on behalf of Khan. If you think Khan influenced their decision, you are giving his intelligence too much credit.

Lastly for the record AGAIN. I do not agree with the appeal or the initial attempt to over-turn the decision. It was wrong. I'm old school and believe that titles should be won in the ring. Lets put my opinion on that issue ot bed.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:21 pm

I wonder how many times that ref has taken points for pushing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:22 pm

rowley wrote:Can we ease up on the insults, the mods have asked nicely, nobody needs to get banned during the season of goodwill.

Dont think ghosty can debate and disagree without being silly as manos mentioned on another thread.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:25 pm

Az, mate I have no problem with your opinion on pushing etc.

But Khan co-promotes fights with GBP (Khan Promotions) so the idea that GBP appealed this without it being discussed with Khan is absured.

The ball would have lay in Khan's court as he was the one who came out with the trash talk at the end of the fight and I never like to assume because it makes an ass of u and me but he is the guy who pays his team and calls jointly calls the shots. I think its highly likely that Khan decided this course of action and asked GBP to lodge the appeal on his behalf.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:28 pm

rowley wrote:Can we ease up on the insults, the mods have asked nicely, nobody needs to get banned during the season of goodwill.

Thanks for that, jeff. You beat me to it.

Fellas, you're backing me into a corner, here. You know perfectly well that my philosophy is that ' the best moderation is invisible moderation,' but I've asked you, quietly and nicely, to stop the insults and jibes and yet you've carried on, regardless. Believe me when I say that I take no pleasure in getting heavy handed but this has to stop, either by consent or by enforcement.

I know which I'd prefer.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:32 pm

azania wrote:I've backed Khan to lose a rematch. But your point proves nothing other than you bet Khan to win so you would win money. Your dislike for his is not doe to his sporting prowess but him as a person. So sad.

So sad? I'm not allowed to dislike people based on how i view them?

Christ lads, what is the world coming to?! We're not allowed to dislike people anymore!

Last edited by coxy0001 on Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:33 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Az, mate I have no problem with your opinion on pushing etc.

But Khan co-promotes fights with GBP (Khan Promotions) so the idea that GBP appealed this without it being discussed with Khan is absured.

The ball would have lay in Khan's court as he was the one who came out with the trash talk at the end of the fight and I never like to assume because it makes an ass of u and me but he is the guy who pays his team and calls jointly calls the shots. I think its highly likely that Khan decided this course of action and asked GBP to lodge the appeal on his behalf.

Khan promotions was very much the junior partner in all this. As for Khan having much to say about Khan promotions, I have severe doubts. Face it, he is not going to win mastermind anytime soon is he. His team will have been consulted and they agreed and Khan subsequently told what was going to happen. Khan's opinion personally in this matter would have been irrelevant. It was going to be done anyway.

Moreover I am more cynical in all this. My opinion (only my opinion) is that this is a very good marketing excercise by GBP to raise Khan's profile even higher. Controversy sells and expect huge PPV buys in the event of a rematch. IMO that's the main reason behind all this and Khan is a willing pawn in it all. At the end of it all, its all about the Benjamins, Greenbacks, Deniros, Moola, MONEY!!!!!

Of course Khan 'trash talked'/ He thought he was robbed. He is livid and any other boxer would. Asking Khan or any other boxer to roll over and accept defeat is asking for too much. Strangely many here want Khan to do just that. He wont and shouldn't.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:34 pm

coxy, dislike who you want, but keep it healthy and dont resort to making things up and applying double standards. thumbsup

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:35 pm

Right.

coxy and az have had one last exchange and honours are even.

NOW IT STOPS.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:39 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Believe me when I say that I take no pleasure in getting heavy handed but this has to stop, either by consent or by enforcement. I know which I'd prefer.

Oooh Matron!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:48 pm

I think Khan would have a lot more backing for his talk of a robbery/appeal if the fight did actually reflect a robbery in most people's eyes. But, to be honest:

1/ He didn't dominate the fight at all. It was really close (I had Khan 113-112). Most people have no real problem with the scoring.

2/ He was holding, pushing, and putting pressure on the neck repeatedly. He was warned repeatedly. I can sympathise with people saying that points deductions for pushing were harsh, but I would have had a point off him for the way he kept pushing down on Peterson's neck. That is not a valid form of defence, and he did it continuously. He did it because he was under pressure and he can't defend on the inside.

3/ Regardless of what GBP are telling him now, Khan was moaning about this from the start. Fair enough that he's aggrieved. But, we've seen far greater robberies in boxing. Imagine every one appealed. Plus, you get the impression that he really does agree with the GBP 'party line' on this.

4/ The points deductions stemmed from Khan's inability to handle himself on the inside - I think there's a strong perception amongst boxing fans that he's seeking to find a scapegoat for his loss rather than address his obvious shortcomings.

The 'money where his mouth is' quote came from the original article in the ring. Regardless of whether Khan is a puppet on the end of GBP strings or not, this whole situation is only going to reinforce the already held perception of Khan as the over-protected golden boy who has glaring fragilities, but is too arrogant to notice or acknowledge them, instead preferring to think of himself as superstar. This is a reputation that's been building for a while, and I think it's the main reason why Khan is not particularly likeable. I didn't mind it so much when he produced the goods in the ring, but the gaps in his game have been exposed a few times now, and he'd get much more respect if he talked about addressing them rather than (even tacitly) going along with this robbery/appeal charade.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:50 pm

You hit the nail on the head there Az!!

Khan isn't going to win mastermind anytime soon, but then look at the guff he comes out with. Only someone on his wavelength would spout the kind of idiotic statements he makes. Hench, he has the final say.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:51 pm

Excellent post box. Lets end it on a that note.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:52 pm

Boxthis good post, mirrors and artiulates my own views on the matter very well.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:52 pm

Anyone else a bit bored of talking about Froch and Khan?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:53 pm

I second both Jeff and Shahs posts

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:53 pm

Check your pm jazzy jeff

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:53 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:Believe me when I say that I take no pleasure in getting heavy handed but this has to stop, either by consent or by enforcement. I know which I'd prefer.

Oooh Matron!

Very helpful, Super.

Would you like to take the mod job?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:56 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:

Oooh Matron!

Very helpful, Super.

Don't make me get out "yes we can" again....

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:58 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:You hit the nail on the head there Az!!

Khan isn't going to win mastermind anytime soon, but then look at the guff he comes out with. Only someone on his wavelength would spout the kind of idiotic statements he makes. Hench, he has the final say.

Tell me what other boxer has said anything differently after a close decision (ignore the appeal as not every close decision has gone on appeal and the appeal is NOT on the closeness of the fight).

Hench???? Are you street-talking to me blud?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:02 pm

azania wrote:

Tell me what other boxer has said anything differently after a close decision (ignore the appeal as not every close decision has gone on appeal and the appeal is NOT on the closeness of the fight).

Az, you're asking people to ignnore the thing that has annoyed them most about this whole situation...

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:03 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:

Oooh Matron!

Very helpful, Super.

With your tolerance and gentle disposition you're a natural for the job, coxy.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:08 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:

Oooh Matron!

Very helpful, Super.

Is it similar to Audley Harrison's "Yes I Can"?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:09 pm

Must not make comment about mods.Must not make comment about mods.Must not make comment about mods.Must not make comment about mods.Must not make comment about mods.Must not make comment about mods.Must not make comment about mods.Must not make comment about mods.Must not make comment about mods.Must not make comment about mods.Must not make comment about mods.Must not make comment about mods.Must not make comment about mods.Must not make comment about mods.Must not make comment about mods.Must not make comment about mods. censored

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:09 pm

Boxtthis wrote:I think Khan would have a lot more backing for his talk of a robbery/appeal if the fight did actually reflect a robbery in most people's eyes. But, to be honest:

1/ He didn't dominate the fight at all. It was really close (I had Khan 113-112). Most people have no real problem with the scoring.

2/ He was holding, pushing, and putting pressure on the neck repeatedly. He was warned repeatedly. I can sympathise with people saying that points deductions for pushing were harsh, but I would have had a point off him for the way he kept pushing down on Peterson's neck. That is not a valid form of defence, and he did it continuously. He did it because he was under pressure and he can't defend on the inside.

3/ Regardless of what GBP are telling him now, Khan was moaning about this from the start. Fair enough that he's aggrieved. But, we've seen far greater robberies in boxing. Imagine every one appealed. Plus, you get the impression that he really does agree with the GBP 'party line' on this.

4/ The points deductions stemmed from Khan's inability to handle himself on the inside - I think there's a strong perception amongst boxing fans that he's seeking to find a scapegoat for his loss rather than address his obvious shortcomings.

The 'money where his mouth is' quote came from the original article in the ring. Regardless of whether Khan is a puppet on the end of GBP strings or not, this whole situation is only going to reinforce the already held perception of Khan as the over-protected golden boy who has glaring fragilities, but is too arrogant to notice or acknowledge them, instead preferring to think of himself as superstar. This is a reputation that's been building for a while, and I think it's the main reason why Khan is not particularly likeable. I didn't mind it so much when he produced the goods in the ring, but the gaps in his game have been exposed a few times now, and he'd get much more respect if he talked about addressing them rather than (even tacitly) going along with this robbery/appeal charade.

Good post. Point by point response.
1) Agreed. Close fight which for me Khan edged. No robbery but any fighter on the wrong end of that decision will claim robbery. Mostly all have done and will refuse to acknowledge they lost. Hagler is a prime example.
2) Agreed. Harsh to deduct points. Any boxer would be livid. Khan is no exception and should not be made as if he is an exception when a very harsh judgement goes against him.
3) Greater robberies are irrelevant. Hagler/SRL was razor thin and I scored it to Hagler. To this day it still grates on him and whenever asked he claims he won. All boxers will say the same thing. The appeal is wrong on all counts. Win the title in the ring. But the appeal is not onnly on the closeness of the decision. I listed some of the reasons earlier including lost cards etc.
4) Khan is not as good as he thinks he is. I back Peterson to win any rematch. But show me a boxer who will own up to his boxing inadequacies and I'll show up a boxer not destined for great things.

How is Khan being over-protected. He fought Maidana, Judah, Peterson. Ducked by Team Bradle. He's sought the best in the division and called the best in the division above his. It shows a man wanting to prove himself against the very best. Credit should be given for him there and not ridicule for being arrogant in calling out Floyd (as has been said here).

Boxers have huge egos. They need it. If they dont have it, they should leave boxing immediately. They have to have incredible self belief and that they are the best there is. Otherwise they may as well become journeymen or quit.

Why should he address his weaknesses in public? No other boxer does that nowadays.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:15 pm

Az, i don't agree Peterson wins a rematch to be honest. If Khan doesn't get suckered into fighting Peterson's kind of fight again he wins by a decent margin.

When he boxed on the move he made Peterson look silly, as soon as he started engaging in exchanges he started to struggle. I can't imagine he'd make the same mistake 2nd time round, back to back losses and his career is in tatters or at the very least a big rebuild will be in order.

Good thing this time is that Khan by UD will be exceptionally fantastic odds. We can have a little side bet of leaving the forum for a week if you wish Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:18 pm

trottb wrote:
azania wrote:

Az, you're asking people to ignnore the thing that has annoyed them most about this whole situation...

"The stuff he comes out" with. That is what I was referring to. he hardly comments on the appeal only to say that an appeal has been launched. Criticises the ref, judges and how he landed the cleaner punches. That is what every other boxer who loses a close decision would say.

Also the appeal is not regarding the closeness of the fight. GBP are well aware of the nature of judging in many fights.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:22 pm

I believe he loses a rematch because as you say he boxed Peterson's ears off. But that was because he was allowed to do that. As soon as Peterson changed tactic, Khan floundered like a fish out of water. Maidana showed the blue print. Peterson did it better and in a rematch he will be even better as I reckon he will jump on Khan from R1. Mixit up a little to confuse Khan and steal a decision more clearly.

Peterson forced the mistakes out of him. And blaming Khan for his performance is taking credit away from Khan. Rematch will be in April/May at Staples Centre LA. Friendlier judges and Khan's home from home.

Personally I dont rate Khan as a complete boxer. he doesn't have the jab to deter the more aggressive boxers and his counter-punching ability is woeful at the top level.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:25 pm

As for the bet. Of course you do know that I am hardly wrong in making predictions. So you're on.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:28 pm

Strange Az, because we never seem to see your predictions before hand it's always "Yeah well I predicted this" perhaps giving the UCPL a go next year, you would of course cakewalk it...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:30 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Strange Az, because we never seem to see your predictions before hand it's always "Yeah well I predicted this" perhaps giving the UCPL a go next year, you would of course cakewalk it...

Not fair on the rest of us Alex, like putting Barcelona in the Rotherham and District Sunday football league.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:32 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Strange Az, because we never seem to see your predictions before hand it's always "Yeah well I predicted this" perhaps giving the UCPL a go next year, you would of course cakewalk it...

So far I've predicted Groves to beat deGale (prediction met with derision and the usual insults)
Berto to lose to Ortiz (ortiz a much cleaner puncher - met with derison)
Wlad to beat Haye easily - many said HAye KO. Also said that Haye would beat Vit but lose to Wlad.

Dont really look at small hall fighters. For the big fights I'm 100% Yahoo

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:32 pm

rowley wrote:

Not fair on the rest of us Alex, like putting Barcelona in the Rotherham and District Sunday football league.

Cool

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next