The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan vs Peterson - WBA order immediate rematch

+30
milkyboy
tunes666
Imperial Ghosty
Lance
Demon Racer
Waingro
lightsout
oxring
ONETWOFOREVER
The genius of PBF
Mind the windows Tino.
HumanWindmill
KingMonkey
TopHat24/7
Rowley
johnson2
Steffan
BoxingFan88
two_tone
huw
The Galveston Giant
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
AlexHuckerby
azania
manos de piedra
ShahenshahG
lovely_london
hampo17
Union Cane
Valero's Conscience
34 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Khan vs Peterson - WBA order immediate rematch - Page 4 Empty Khan vs Peterson - WBA order immediate rematch

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 13 Jan 2012, 10:19 am

First topic message reminder :

IBF meeting next week to decide on the matter.

Question, if IBF don't order immediate rematch do you think Peterson will only put WBA belt on the line as a safety measure so that if he loses he still retains a title?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Khan vs Peterson - WBA order immediate rematch - Page 4 Empty Re: Khan vs Peterson - WBA order immediate rematch

Post by azania Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:15 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
azania wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Well he is, nothing he's said makes any sense.

It made perfect sense, but to me it was a pack of lies. Surprisingly it took him 2 weeks to come up with that story.

Who could possibly have been scored three nines in the first three rounds, neither of them, it's a complete impossibility.

Yep. The guy was lying through his teeth.

azania

Back to top Go down

Khan vs Peterson - WBA order immediate rematch - Page 4 Empty Re: Khan vs Peterson - WBA order immediate rematch

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 18 Jan 2012, 9:58 pm

Nore Staat wrote:Who is Mr Welsh? The three judges were, George Hill, Valerie Dorsett and Nelson Vasquez.

Their score cards are photocopied here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxing/8997850/How-the-scoring-was-calculated-in-the-Amir-Khan-v-Lamont-Petersen-bout.html

The BBC Report of the "mystery mans" comments is here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/16618791.stm

Those aren't the original scorecards, they are the copy compiled by the fight supervisor after the fight has finished. We have never seen the original score cards. Which is another reason why this Ameen dick is lying through his teeth, the guy he was talking to wasn't a judge therefore mid-fight he couldn't have been alerting him to anything.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:01 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:My god that was cringeworthy - playing it all over the news - his cowardice. He was begging to go on the rescue boat.

The harbourmaster demanded he go back to the ship but instead he snook off into the port and caught a taxi home!! Disgusting, hope he goes to jail and is never allowed to work in the ship/cruise industry again.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:06 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:My god that was cringeworthy - playing it all over the news - his cowardice. He was begging to go on the rescue boat.

The harbourmaster demanded he go back to the ship but instead he snook off into the port and caught a taxi home!! Disgusting, hope he goes to jail and is never allowed to work in the ship/cruise industry again.

He claims he tripped and fell into a lifeboat while trying to coordinate the rescue. Has to be one of the worst excuses ever.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:07 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

He claims he tripped and fell into a lifeboat while trying to coordinate the rescue. Has to be one of the worst excuses ever.

Exactly. A bit like Ameen's excuse.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:09 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Shah summed it up perfectly - cringeworthy!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:15 pm

azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Exactly. A bit like Ameen's excuse.

Probably. But I just think the guy wasnt supposed to be there and certainly not meant to be talking to Welsh and now hes just trying to cover his own ass.

I cant believe there would actually have been a plan for this guy to go in and sit there and rig the cards in full view of everyone. Theres just way too many holes and its such a stupid idea. If this was an out and robbery that produced cards that were impossible to justify then I might be suspicious but the 113-112 matched my own scorecard, was a fair enough reflection of the fight and there wasnt any guy in a hat sitting near me when I watched it.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:28 pm

I dont for one minute claim some sort of conspiracy going on. But one thing for some is that Ameen is lying (imo). Some sort of conspiracy would be easy to expose especially infront of a camera and in such an obvious manner. Not even boxing is that stupid. But who knows what Ameen said to Walsh? Could he have influenced him to change cards by saying he made an error? Who knows? As ghosty for him to score 3 nines for the first 3 rounds is simply a lie because its impossible for any boxer to score a 9 in the first round.

I had it 113-112 Khan even with the deductions.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:52 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Those aren't the original scorecards, they are the copy compiled by the fight supervisor after the fight has finished. We have never seen the original score cards. Which is another reason why this Ameen dick is lying through his teeth, the guy he was talking to wasn't a judge therefore mid-fight he couldn't have been alerting him to anything.
Khan vs Peterson - WBA order immediate rematch - Page 4 3610695981

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:19 pm

azania wrote:I dont for one minute claim some sort of conspiracy going on. But one thing for some is that Ameen is lying (imo). Some sort of conspiracy would be easy to expose especially infront of a camera and in such an obvious manner. Not even boxing is that stupid. But who knows what Ameen said to Walsh? Could he have influenced him to change cards by saying he made an error? Who knows? As ghosty for him to score 3 nines for the first 3 rounds is simply a lie because its impossible for any boxer to score a 9 in the first round.

which rounds did you have as khan winning?

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:22 pm

lovely_london wrote:
azania wrote:I dont for one minute claim some sort of conspiracy going on. But one thing for some is that Ameen is lying (imo). Some sort of conspiracy would be easy to expose especially infront of a camera and in such an obvious manner. Not even boxing is that stupid. But who knows what Ameen said to Walsh? Could he have influenced him to change cards by saying he made an error? Who knows? As ghosty for him to score 3 nines for the first 3 rounds is simply a lie because its impossible for any boxer to score a 9 in the first round.

which rounds did you have as khan winning?

Off head I cant remember. I recall saying that in the aftermath of the fight and seeing it a few days later.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:28 pm

I had it as a Khan win even with the deductions too but can't argue with Peterson getting the nod either way, think you could make a case for each fighter winning 7/8 rounds but no more than that.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Tue 24 Jan 2012, 11:02 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:What is with the full stops?
Do they not teach kids how to write proper sentences nowadays?

Not a chance in hell should the fight against Maidana have been stopped and you should possibly watch any Hearns interview from early on in his career, he's always talked like that.

Apologies for not punctuating my comment to your exacting standards............... don't read them in future..........................Hearns has not always spoken the way he does today............. he is victim.........

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 24 Jan 2012, 7:02 pm

Actually can't make sense of that, watch the build up to the fight with Hagler and you will soon notice that he's always talked with a slurred voice.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 24 Jan 2012, 9:24 pm

I've just heard that the immediate rematch can be put off for a unification bout.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:52 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Actually can't make sense of that, watch the build up to the fight with Hagler and you will soon notice that he's always talked with a slurred voice.

Shocked ................ so you're saying that the fight with Hagler was Hearns first ever fight now and that he'd no previous experience in the ring up till that point in time ie never received any previous damage which may have been influenced through his fighting style which was exciting ( if you're into a mash up ) but left him open..........ie never could have possibly had any damage to the brain previous to that point through the sport of boxing ie that was the first ever time he'd taken to the sport and through good luck had landed himself with a top professional bout 'totally amazing'...............that is what you're saying..............and you want to engage in discussions with other members of this forum in a reasonble fashion .................the most accurate comment you've made has been about my punctuation but then again this not an English Language forum so was a petty comment born of what? Are you frustrated in your day to day life ..............................................

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:25 am

lightsout wrote: Shocked ................ so you're saying that the fight with Hagler was Hearns first ever fight now and that he'd no previous experience in the ring up till that point in time ie never received any previous damage which may have been influenced through his fighting style which was exciting ( if you're into a mash up ) but left him open..........ie never could have possibly had any damage to the brain previous to that point through the sport of boxing ie that was the first ever time he'd taken to the sport and through good luck had landed himself with a top professional bout 'totally amazing'...............that is what you're saying..............and you want to engage in discussions with other members of this forum in a reasonble fashion .................the most accurate comment you've made has been about my punctuation but then again this not an English Language forum so was a petty comment born of what? Are you frustrated in your day to day life ..............................................

Calm down mate.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:46 am

Union Cane wrote:
lightsout wrote: Shocked ................ so you're saying that the fight with Hagler was Hearns first ever fight now and that he'd no previous experience in the ring up till that point in time ie never received any previous damage which may have been influenced through his fighting style which was exciting ( if you're into a mash up ) but left him open..........ie never could have possibly had any damage to the brain previous to that point through the sport of boxing ie that was the first ever time he'd taken to the sport and through good luck had landed himself with a top professional bout 'totally amazing'...............that is what you're saying..............and you want to engage in discussions with other members of this forum in a reasonble fashion .................the most accurate comment you've made has been about my punctuation but then again this not an English Language forum so was a petty comment born of what? Are you frustrated in your day to day life ..............................................

Calm down mate.

errrrr.....O.K I can see I hit a nerve there........can you point out to me where my previous comment alters from the tone set by the previous comments.......

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:46 am

Az writing a "do brits love losers" thread, lightouts using an excessive amount of full stops. Someone tell Truss his act is being ripped off.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:50 am

lightsout wrote:
Union 'Michaels' Cane wrote:Calm down mate.

errrrr.....O.K I can see I hit a nerve there........can you point out to me where my previous comment alters from the tone set by the previous comments.......

Yeah that's it, you hit a nerve.

Rolling Eyes

I can't point anything out because I can't understand what you are saying. This is not, as you mentioned, an "English Language Forum", but it is a forum in which we all use the English language. Littering your post with runs of full stops makes you appear, well, illiterate, and frankly makes me disinclined to go to the effort to make out what you are trying to say.

Last edited by Union Cane on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:51 am

rowley wrote:Az writing a "do brits love losers" thread, lightouts using an excessive amount of full stops. Someone tell Truss his act is being ripped off.

laughing laughing laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:55 am

Union Cane wrote:
I can't point anything out because I can't understand what you are saying. This is not, as you mentioned, an "English Language Forum", but it is a forum in which we all use the English language. Littering your post with runs of full stops makes you appear, well, illiterate, and frankly makes me disinclined to go to the effort to make out what you are trying to say.

You.........'re such...................a..........sn.............ob..................................Unio.................n

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:57 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:You.........'re such...................a..........n.............ob..................................Unio.................n

Fixed that for you.

Can we get back to the topic please.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 25 Jan 2012, 10:05 am

WBC is Morales
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 26 Jan 2012, 10:25 am

alma wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:I've just heard that the immediate rematch can be put off for a unification bout.

Who's WBC champion? Bradley is WBO 140 champ and he's fighting Pacquiao if what we hear is true.

Morales is the WBC and Bradley still holds a version the a WBC belt as well along with the WBO strap.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4