The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England vs Wales - Match ups.

+48
Taffineastbourne
aucklandlaurie
wales606
damngoodOvalball
ChequeredJersey
Knowsit17
pontylad
Adam D
Effervescing Elephant
glamorganalun
Chjw131
TycroesOsprey
Chunky Norwich
andy powells minder
BlueNote
damage_13
idris
Morgannwg
Yoda
Manu's Boxing Coach
HQ matt
majesticimperialman
bedfordwelsh
thomh
tatterd
EnglishReign
Rory_Gallagher
hugehandoff
Glas a du
mckay1402
Triangulation
Smirnoffpriest
HERSH
Luckless Pedestrian
englandglory4ever
nobbled
Enforcer
Adam
munkian
RubyGuby
eirebilly
offload
Biltong
lostinwales
bluestonevedder
slartibartfast
miteyironpaw
robshaw4england
52 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

England vs Wales - Match ups.  - Page 5 Empty England vs Wales - Match ups.

Post by robshaw4england Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:09 am

First topic message reminder :

The Back Three

Wales Likely - North - Halfpenny - Cuthbert.

England Likely: Ashton - Foden - Strettle

England's back three contains more pace, whilst Foden on his day can be electric, although was poor against Italy and Brown will feel unlucky to miss out, Ashton has looked out of sorts on the left wing, whilst Strettle has been solid if not spectacular. The Welsh wings will prove a real handful for England and they need to find a way to negate them. North is world class in attack - he has it all, pace, power and vision, however his defensive work-rate may need work on, whilst Cuthbert is also fast and powerful. Halfpenny has been goal kicking well, he's looked mostly solid under the high ball and there is no doubt he has gas and is creative in attack. Therefore I'd have to say that Wales have the edge here.

Centres

Wales Likely: Roberts - Davies

England Likely: Barritt - Tuilagi/Farrell - Tuilagi

The Welsh centre partnership is extremely potent and many have labelled both Davies and Roberts as a future Lions centre pairing. Davies is in the form of his life, both players have a physical presence and are strong ball carriers, both have a high defensive work-rate and both are surprisingly fast. England on the other hand must pick Tuilagi as he has the x-factor and could potentially damage Wales (both in attack and defence!) the problem is, who to play him with. If England pick Barritt at 12 they have a rock wall defensively and a player who will aim to get you across the gainline in a one dimensional manner. If England pick Farrell at 12, they can rely on his composed goal kicking, and in attack he may offer more creativity than Barritt although hasn't really had the chance to show this against Scotland and Italy, there will also be question marks surrounding whether his defence will be able to cope with the likes of North, Roberts and Davies running at him. Therefore I would pick Barritt and Tuilagi in the centres, I feel the could combine well together and would be rock solid defensively. Wales have the edge here by a clear margin.

Half Backs

Wales Likely: Phillips - Priestland

England Likely: Dickson - Hodgson/Youngs - Flood/Dickson - Flood

Both Welsh half backs are extremely dangerous, in defence Phillips acts as an extra flanker, whilst in attack he can ball carry effectively and provide good service. Priestland attacks the gainline, has a very strong kicking game and is solid in defence. England have a tough choice to make regarding scrum half - Youngs has been out of sorts, whilst Dickson has looked lively when he has come on and is buzzing for a start. Arguably the most important decision England need to make is at fly half, between Flood and Hodgson. Hodgson hasn't done anything wrong, he defended very well against Scotland and Italy, he didn't have the burden of goal kicking, whilst he has scored two opportunist charge down tries in two games, although he has struggled to ignite the England backline. I'd go with Flood, simply as Flood is an established international goal kicker - which means England can have Barritt and Tuilagi in the centres, whilst Flood also has the ability to get the backline moving and he can bring the best out of Ben Youngs and Manu Tuilagi. Tough call on Hodgson though. Wales again have the edge at half back.

Back Row

Wales Likely: Warburton (c) - Faletau - Lydiate

England Likely: Robshaw (c) - Morgan - Croft

Wales have potentially the best back row in world rugby. Lydiate is a traditional blindside who carries hard, has a huge defensive work-rate and does the grafting. Faletau has an even higher defensive work-rate than Lydiate which really says something, and he is a huge ball carrier, at 21 his potential is ridiculous. Warburton is also a fantastic player already, he is fast, powerful and can compete with the best in the world at turning the ball over at the breakdown. England in the back row are a work in progress, Robshaw playing at 7 is a traditional blindside - his work-rate is phenominal, however he lacks the scavenging skills and pace of an openside. Croft is an unorthodox blindside, who tends to go missing in games, however on his day he can be very effective, and his lineout skills are unquestioned. Morgan is a direct, powerful number 8 with a good defensive work-rate and deserves a chance to start. Again Wales have the edge here.

Second Row

Wales Likely: Evans - Jones

England Likely: Botha - Palmer

Evans is a solid lock, who tackles hard and carries well in the tight, whilst Jones looks a reborn player in the second row at the minute and really acts as an extra flanker around the pitch. England will look to gain the upper hand in the lineout with Palmer calling the shots and Croft able to help out, whilst Botha will look to make his physical presence felt around the park. The engine room of England's scrum may also be more effective than the Welsh with Botha a particularly strong scrummager. Therefore I feel England have the edge here.

Front Row

Wales Likely: Jenkins - Bennett - Jones

England Likely: Corbisiero - Hartley - Cole

There is no doubt on his day Jenkins is the best loosehead prop in the world especially around the park with his ball carrying, defence and handling particularly impressive. Jones is a powerful tighthead and Bennett may need to work on his consistency in the lineout, where England will target him. England's front row is also a work in progress - Corbisiero, Hartley and Cole have all scrummaged well against the Scots and Italians. Hartley has been very effective in the loose, his lineout has mostly been impressive, whilst Corbisiero and Cole will want to make more of an impression around the park. Even call in this department.

Conclusion

Wales have the upper hand in most departments, however England will look to dominate in the set-piece and if the right selections are made I can see England potentially pulling off an upset. (Funny to say that about a home game at Twickenham) Maybe I am just living in hope.

Yahoo Robshaw's Barmy Army. Yahoo

robshaw4england

Back to top Go down

England vs Wales - Match ups.  - Page 5 Empty Re: England vs Wales - Match ups.

Post by thomh Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:51 am

I think we're all reasonably in agreement on that one.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:55 am

It would be an Injustice to Ryan Jones to bench him for AWJ.

North only rolled his ankle - and besides... he's 19 - they regenerate alot faster than us !

Warburton has had a while now to get over his dead leg.

I'm suprised that the squad announcement is today - thought Gatland might keep England guessing. If Hook is out will Byrne be on the bench ? Henson ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:55 am

Excellent. Having established concensus on something utterly trivial is always a nice starting point.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:56 am

My goodness, what a stir I've caused. Sincere apologies to everyone that may have been offended by my misuse of the word 'infer'.

I'm a scientist, so by nature grammar isn't our strongest point. I for one used to take pride in mine, but now I feel ashamed.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:57 am

Okay, can someone answer my question now?

What do we think of Courtney Lawes and Alun Wyn Jones returning, whether from the start or from the bench? The last time Wales visited Twickenham in the Six Nations, Jones's needless trip on Dylan Hartley had a huge impact on the game. Is he likely to be so stupid again, or is Courtney Lawes the more likely to see yellow for a late hit or a shoulder charge?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:59 am

AWJ should start - its tough on Ryan who has been superb but AWJ is the first choice 2nd row whilst Ryan is a back row forward. AWJ has had 2 run outs for the Ospreys - Its a no brainer IMO. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:01 pm

Sorry luckless, got side tracked.

I think depending on Lawes' form in training, he could push for a starting spot. Palmer hasn't been great over the two games, and Botha's underperformed in a few areas. Parling has been very good when he's come on though. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lawes on the bench.

AWJ returning for Wales is good news- rate him very highly, in terms of set piece and work in the loose. His work rate rubs off on others too.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:01 pm

Triangulation - North only had his foot in a boot for I think 2 days after the match, and that was only precautionary I believe until the scans were done.

AWJ has come on as a sub and then played one whole match for the O's, so he should be okay. He's actually had more preparation than Lydiate did when he came back in, and he managed to get MotM!

And Warbs should be okay. Dead legs can be tricky to overcome but he's had 3 weeks now, so should be fine.

All good so far (and fingers crossed it remains that way!)

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:06 pm

For me i would start AWJ.

Lawes, thats an odd one. Undoubtably an excellent player but is also a player that has a microscope on him due to his past transgressions. I would not play Lawes based on that as he commands alot of attention from referees and thats not what England want.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:36 pm

Team has been named!

Halfpenny, Cuthbert, JD2, Dr Bob, North, Priestland, Phillips, Jenkins, Owens, AJ, AWJ, Ianto, Lydiate, Warbs, Faletau.

Bench: Hibbard, Bevington, James, Ryan, Tipuric, Lloyd W, SCott W, Hookie

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:38 pm

That is one strong looking team, quietly confident Very Happy

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:39 pm

Very strong looking team for you Welsh boys

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:39 pm

Wales by 7 - 12 points

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:41 pm

Chuffed for Ken Owens. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:41 pm

Really like that team, glad Owens is starting over Hibbard too. All being well, and if we plays as I know we can, I would hope to see us win between 5-10 points. It's not going to be easy though, never is against England!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:43 pm

I hope to see us win by a street.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:44 pm

I thought Hook had the pox ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:45 pm

Suprised and glad Owens is starting over Hibbert (fully expected Gats to opt for experience).

Feel sorry for Ryan dropping out of the team, but great competition - and a little suprised that Tipuric is on the bench instead of Shingler - though Tipuric is the better 7

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:48 pm

Bevington? what happened to Gill ?

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:50 pm

bevvington isnt in the squad.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:51 pm

Great side. Good to see Ken getting a start and with Hibbard to come off the bench we certainly won't lose any physicality. Would be interested to know what our English friends think of that team...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:53 pm

PS. I reckon a 15 point win for wales

Last edited by mckay1402 on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : speak and spell)
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:03 pm

Are we going to make a new thread with the Welsh team announcement then update with the English one ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:03 pm

"bevvington isnt in the squad.."

Ah, apologies, I blame icwales. Only 7 on the bench.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:11 pm

Even as an Englishman I'm glad to see Ken Owens starting. He has looked superb at times when i've seen him play for the Scarlets.

On Lawes, I would have him starting at 6. alongside 7. Robshaw 8. Morgan but I don't think Lancaster will put him in the 22. He'll start with 4. Botha 5. Parling and bench Palmer at 18.

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:13 pm

This is the first time I've ever thought England have no chance leading up to this fixture. 2009 came close but this could get embarrassing...

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:15 pm

Gatland has proven he does not pick on form by not selecting Hibbard and R Jones to start. At least we have a strong bench that can change the game. If I was picking the team I would go for a complete front row on the bench and drop S Williams against England as they have a strong pack.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:15 pm

EnglishReign, I think we all would have said the same of Australia in 2010, New Zealand in 2010 and France in the 2010 6N, but on each occasion the team raised their game significantly and generally put in some notable performances!

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:17 pm

"This is the first time I've ever thought England have no chance leading up to this fixture."

Of course they have a chance.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:19 pm

Rubbish Englishreign. Of course England have a chance. The Twickers factor is huge - HUGE for England. One win in God knows how long for us and that's because Balshaw took a geological age to clear and got charged down. It's a 50:50 game mark my words. I'm starting to get nervous already!!

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:20 pm

Jinx bluenote!!!

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:25 pm

Home advantage, a helpful ref, maybe rain and a charge down can swing any game.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:28 pm

EnglishReign wrote:This is the first time I've ever thought England have no chance leading up to this fixture. 2009 came close but this could get embarrassing...

you must be young, Im forty and for the first twenty years of my life Wales beat England 15 times. Sadly that was followed by a 13 year period where England were dominant. Since 2005 however its evens weve won five so have England. However I think the wheel has fully turned and we are heading ito another period of welsh dominance. For those of us over the age of 30 thats simply a return to the natural order of the rugby world. For many English rugby fans espescially those who werent around to remember the good old days there is a real shock coming. Two unconvincing wins agaisnt Italy and the Scots are now going to be followed by three matches against sides that are really firing. It cold be a very long end to the tournament for England.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:30 pm

Looking at that team i'm finding it difficult to see any area where we are better than Wales. This could be a long afternoon. Lucky i've still got 20 pints of me homebrew left!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:32 pm

Mmmmmm... homebrew. Had some of my Uncle's porter over Christmas - lethal.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:37 pm

WARBURTON BACK TO LEAD WALES

Sam Warburton returns to captain Wales in one of three changes made to the side which triumphed over Scotland last time out for the RBS 6 Nations third round visit to Twickenham on Saturday.
Ospreys second row Alun Wyn Jones comes straight into the starting line-up against England, after completing his return from a toe injury to join up with the squad earlier this week and will win his 60th cap.
That means last week’s captain, his regional colleague Ryan Jones, moves to the bench, with Sale Sharks back row Andy Powell missing out.
Finally, Scarlets hooker Ken Owens makes his first start for his country in place of injured Osprey Huw Bennett (calf).
Owens won the second of his two caps as a replacement in the 27-13 win over the Scots at the Millennium Stadium just under a fortnight ago and made his debut from the bench against Namibia in the Pool stages of the 2011 Rugby World Cup.
The Wales backline remains unchanged from that which started both victories so far in the Championship, against Ireland in Dublin and Scotland in Cardiff.
“A fit again Alun Wyn Jones is selected based on his Rugby World Cup form and his experience as an international lock,” said Wales head coach Warren Gatland.
“He gave us a selection dilemma but it has been a great problem to have and, whilst Ryan Jones is particularly unlucky to miss out on this occasion, this is just that kind of competition for places we have been striving for.
“Ken Owens has been waiting patiently for his chance and whilst injuries elsewhere have meant he gets his opportunity this weekend we are expecting him to take it.”
On the bench Osprey Richard Hibbard provides the front row cover alongside prop Paul James (with Scarlets hooker Matthew Rees also ruled out with a calf problem) and fellow Osprey Jones replaces Sale Sharks back row Andy Powell, with Justin Tipuric completing the forward replacements.
Blues scrum half Lloyd Williams, Perpignan pivot James Hook and Scarlets centre Scott Williams are all retained to provide cover for the backs.

WALES: Leigh Halfpenny, Alex Cuthbert, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, George North; Rhys Priestland, Michael Phillips; Gethin Jenkins, Ken Owens, Adam Jones, Alun Wyn Jones, Ian Evans, Danny Lydiate, Sam Warburton (C), Toby Faletau
REPLACEMENTS: Richard Hibbard, Paul James, Ryan Jones, Justin Tipuric, Lloyd Williams, James Hook, Scott Williams
WALES

15 Leigh HALFPENNY (CARDIFF BLUES – Cap No 1,060)
DoB: 22.12.88. 5’10” / 1.77m. 13st 2lbs / 83kgs
International record: 29 caps (W 14, L 15; 105 pts – 11T, 4C, 14PG)

14 Alex CUTHBERT (CARDIFF BLUES – Cap No 1,089)
DoB: 05.04.90. 6’6” / 1.98m. 16st 5lbs / 104kgs
International record: 3 caps (W 2, L 1; 5 pts – 1T)

13 Jonathan DAVIES (SCARLETS – Cap No 1,066)
DoB: 05.04.88. 6’1” / 1.86m. 16st 3lb / 103kgs
International record: 24 caps (W 13, L 10; 35 pts – 7T)

12 Jamie ROBERTS (CARDIFF BLUES – Cap No 1,057)
DoB: 08.11.86. 6’4” / 1.93m. 17st 5lbs / 110kgs
International record: 41 caps (W 20, L 21; 20 pts – 4T)

11 George NORTH (SCARLETS – Cap No 1,078)
DoB: 13.04.92. 6’4” / 1.92m. 16st 5lbs / 104kgs
International record: 18 caps (W 8, L 9, D 1; 50 pts – 10T)

10 Rhys PRIESTLAND (SCARLETS – Cap No 1,080)
DoB: 07.01.87 1.82m / 6’0”. 13st 9lbs / 87kgs
International record: 12 caps (W 8, L 4; 50 pts – 1T, 12C, 7PG)

9 Mike PHILLIPS (BAYONNE – Cap No 1,022)
DoB: 29.08.82. 6’3” / 1.91m. 15st 10lb / 101kgs
International record: 62 caps (W 30, L 29, D 2; 40 pts – 8T)

1 Gethin JENKINS (CARDIFF BLUES – Cap No 1,006)
DoB: 17.11.80. 6’2” / 1.88m. 18st 9lbs / 118kgs
International record: 84 caps (W 38, L 44, D 2; 20 pts – 4T)

2 Ken OWENS (SCARLETS – Cap No 1,088)
DoB: 03.01.87. 6’1” / 1.86m. 17st 8lbs / 112kgs
International record: 2 caps (W 2)

3 Adam JONES (OSPREYS – Cap No 1,018)
DoB: 08.03.81. 6’0” / 1.83m. 18st 12lb / 120kgs
International record: 77 caps (W 37, L 37, D 3; 10 pts – 2T)

4 Alun Wyn JONES (OSPREYS – Cap No 1,046)
DoB: 19.09.85. 6’5” / 1.96m. 18st 10lbs / 119kgs
International record: 59 caps (W 25, L 34; 35 pts – 7T)

5 Ian EVANS (OSPREYS – Cap No 1,045)
DoB: 04.10.84. 6’8” / 2.04m. 18st 3lbs / 116kgs
International record: 19 caps (W 8, L 10, D 1; 5 pts – 1T)

6 Dan LYDIATE (NEWPORT GWENT DRAGONS – Cap No 1,071)
DoB: 18.12.87. 1.93m / 6’4”. 17st 10lbs / 112kgs
International record: 21 caps (W 9, L 11, D 1)

7 Sam WARBURTON (CARDIFF BLUES, CAPTAIN – Cap No 1,070)
DoB: 05.10.88. 1.88m / 6’2”. 16st 4lbs / 103kgs
International record: 25 caps (W 13, L 12; 10 pts - 2T)

8 Toby FALETAU (NEWPORT GWENT DRAGONS – Cap No 1,082)
DoB: 12.11.90. 1.88m / 6’2”. 17st 5lbs / 110kgs
International record: 13 caps (W 7, L 6; 10 pts – 2T)

REPLACEMENTS

16 Richard HIBBARD (OSPREYS – Cap No 1,048)
DoB: 13.12.83. 6’0” / 1.83m. 17st 7lbs / 111kgs
International record: 15 caps (W 7, L 8)

17 Paul JAMES (OSPREYS – Cap No 1,021)
DoB: 13.05.82. 6’1” / 1.86m. 18st 2lbs / 115kgs
International record: 33 caps (W 14, L 18, D 1)

18 Ryan JONES (OSPREYS – Cap No 1,029)
DoB: 13.03.81. 6’5” / 1.96m. 17st 5lbs / 110kgs
International record: 60 caps (W 30, L 28, D 2; 5 pts – 1T)

19 Justin TIPURIC (OSPREYS – Cap No 1,087)
DoB: 06.08.89. 1.88m / 6’2” 15st 10lbs / 100kgs
International record: 3 caps (W 2, L 1)

20 Lloyd WILLIAMS (CARDIFF BLUES – Cap No 1,086)
DoB: 30.11.89. 6’0” / 1.83m. 13st 9lbs / 87kgs
International record: 6 caps (W 4, L 2; 10 pts – 2T)

21 James HOOK (PERPIGNAN – Cap No 1,047)
DoB: 27.06.85. 6’0” / 1.83m. 14st 12lbs / 94kgs
International record: 61 caps (W 27, L 32, D 2; 326 pts – 12T, 40C, 58PG, 4DG)

22 Scott WILLIAMS (SCARLETS – Cap No 1,084)
DoB: 10.10.90. 6’0” / 1.83m. 15st 3lbs / 97kgs
International record: 9 caps (W 5, L 4; 20 pts – 4T)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:38 pm

mmpph

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:43 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:
EnglishReign wrote:This is the first time I've ever thought England have no chance leading up to this fixture. 2009 came close but this could get embarrassing...

you must be young, Im forty and for the first twenty years of my life Wales beat England 15 times. Sadly that was followed by a 13 year period where England were dominant. Since 2005 however its evens weve won five so have England. However I think the wheel has fully turned and we are heading ito another period of welsh dominance. For those of us over the age of 30 thats simply a return to the natural order of the rugby world. For many English rugby fans espescially those who werent around to remember the good old days there is a real shock coming. Two unconvincing wins agaisnt Italy and the Scots are now going to be followed by three matches against sides that are really firing. It cold be a very long end to the tournament for England.

See I'm early twenties, so I've only ever seen a pretty dominant England behind the tri nations, and sometimes above them. Bar the odd few games...

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:55 pm

I still feel that Byrne could be on the bench for S Williams or failing that L Williams - that way you cover all positions in the backs with a natural (ie Halfpenny natural winger, as is L Williams - Hook natural centre and OH)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by pontylad Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:01 pm

I don't know Englishreign against Wales dominance ended in 2005 against just about everyone else it was in 2003 so you may only just have been a teenager.when it was all over .

It's a bit like the recession wait long enough and another one will come around in rugby terms as well.

pontylad

Back to top Go down

Post by hugehandoff Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:05 pm

maybe AWJ will trip someone up again? Whistle

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:12 pm

Maybe Gethin Jenkins will prevent a try again...

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:30 pm

Only 3 Ospreys in the starting XV, down to just 2 if Charteris was fit! How times have changed!

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:40 pm

Wales are never less dangerous than when they're the favourites.

Erm... A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Um... The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Ah...They can't have their cake and eat it too.

The thing with Wales is not to look at the whole team together like that, if you consider the individual players it's not so daunting. Maybe one at a time, per day, like.

Can I have a few pints of your homebrew?
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:49 pm

The thing with Wales is not to look at the whole team together like that, if you consider the individual players it's not so daunting. Maybe one at a time, per day, like.

That would be fine (although some would still disagree) if Wales weren't playing better as a unit than England.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:58 pm

Peaked too soon, some might say.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 21 Feb 2012, 3:21 pm

Wales haven't peaked yet - they werent great against Scotland
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Tue 21 Feb 2012, 3:35 pm

munkian wrote:Wales haven't peaked yet - they werent great against Scotland

But they were great against Ireland. If the trend continues... Whistle

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Tue 21 Feb 2012, 3:36 pm

miteyironpaw wrote:Wales are never less dangerous than when they're the favourites.

Erm... A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Um... The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Ah...They can't have their cake and eat it too.

Can I have a few pints of your homebrew?

Absolutely, open invite to all England fans to come and hide at my place and pretend it isn't really that bad. The homebrew definitely helps!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 21 Feb 2012, 3:41 pm

thomh wrote:
munkian wrote:Wales haven't peaked yet - they werent great against Scotland

But they were great against Ireland. If the trend continues... Whistle

I wouldnt have said we 'great' against Ireland, we were just better than them Very Happy
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next