The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WBA reinstate Khan as their Junior Welterweight champion

+20
Rowley
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Steffan
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
d260005p
Union Cane
The Galveston Giant
88Chris05
JabMachineMK2
bellchees
hampo17
KingMonkey
Atila
azania
Fernando
hogey
Josef K.
Imperial Ghosty
TopHat24/7
Demon Racer
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WBA reinstate Khan as their Junior Welterweight champion Empty WBA reinstate Khan as their Junior Welterweight champion

Post by Demon Racer Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:10 pm

As the title says, what a farce!

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

WBA reinstate Khan as their Junior Welterweight champion Empty Re: WBA reinstate Khan as their Junior Welterweight champion

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:19 pm

Surely the definition of a paper champ, not only did he not win his title in the ring but he actually lost it there!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

WBA reinstate Khan as their Junior Welterweight champion Empty Re: WBA reinstate Khan as their Junior Welterweight champion

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:20 pm

I don't think they have.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:24 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I don't think they have.
Check the online news feed on Google, its being reported by nearly all British newspapers and boxing sites.

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:30 pm

BoxingScene says that the WBA have denied it.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:31 pm

WBA have said this is not true and Peterson is still the Champion. Khan will have to stop crying and try and win the belt back in the ring like everyone else.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:09 am

If this turns out to be true its going to be a very sad day for boxing knowing all you do is have to point out a random guy at ringside put in an appeal and be able to get your belt back from it.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:17 am

Surely this has to be an early April Fool's joke.

Hogey, how on earth can you seriously blame Khan for this. It was not his decision unless you think he has the power to tell the WBA what to do.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:23 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2110007/Amir-Khan-installed-WBA-lightweight-champion-ahead-Lamont-Peterson-rematch.html

Amir Khan has been installed by the WBA as their super world champion at light welterweight.

Britain's former Olympic silver-medalist lost that title in his controversial defeat by Lamont Peterson in Washington in December but has been disputing the verdict ever since.

Now that the rematch has been agreed, the WBA have restored their belt to Khan and he will carry it with him into the ring against Peterson at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas on May 19.

Peterson remains the champion of the IBF, whose 'Mystery Man' was central to the Khan camp's protests for his alleged interference with the scoring at ringside in Peterson's home town.

Khan said: 'I'm delighted. This is great news and a real boost for me coming into the return.'

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:50 am

Meh

The sooner we all look past these titles the better. Haye wasn't champion, Khan isn't champion, hundreds of others weren't/aren't either. Amir can call himself whatever he likes, if he boxes like he did last time he'll lose again and that will be that.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:34 am

Seems really daft they've done this. Why make the rematch if you're just going to make him champion anyway? I do believe though if he boxes like he did against Kotelnik to win the belt first time he'll win.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:29 am

Does it matter which one of them has the belt if they're having a rematch in May anyway? All this does is give Peterson a bit more motivation.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:34 am

What a stupid decision. The simple reason behind this is money. With LP holding 2 belts he wouldn't be able to give the amount in sanctioning fees the WBA want. Giving Khan the belt means they will get more money.

And for Khan to happily accept it says a lot about his level of intelligence.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:34 am

This is very silly indeed.

This means that Khans record will show he......what exactly? What was the Peterson fight then? A loss?

I don't get it.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:50 am

Ah yes, of course. Any mention of Khan and Azania, like a flash, is there to defend his honour.

Azania, maybe you think the WBA would have made this decision even if Khan hadn't whigned like a five year old who's dropped all his sweets for the last two and a half months, but I don't. Maybe you think that, even without the appeal launched by Khan and his team, the WBA would have been compelled to reinstate him as champion, but again I don't. Oh hang on, that's right; Khan had absolutely nothing to do with the appeal, did he?

It's delusional to think that Khan isn't going to attract some criticism if this turns out to be true.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:52 am

As far as I can see the WBA are denying this and haven't seen anything official other than tabloids jumping on the twitterings of Khan.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:08 am

88Chris05 wrote:Ah yes, of course. Any mention of Khan and Azania, like a flash, is there to defend his honour.

Azania, maybe you think the WBA would have made this decision even if Khan hadn't whigned like a five year old who's dropped all his sweets for the last two and a half months, but I don't. Maybe you think that, even without the appeal launched by Khan and his team, the WBA would have been compelled to reinstate him as champion, but again I don't. Oh hang on, that's right; Khan had absolutely nothing to do with the appeal, did he?

It's delusional to think that Khan isn't going to attract some criticism if this turns out to be true.

Wrong Chris. In my post above I am critical of Khan (if the story is true) for accepting the belt. As for giving it to him, its all about money imo.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:53 am

Seriously hope this is not true.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:17 pm

WBA website has Khan as champion...

http://wbanews.com/artman/publish/campionshipChampions/index.shtml

...but they also have his last defence 15/05/2010 which was the Malignaggi fight.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Khan is NOT the champion. The WBA announced last night that "The only way King Khan will reclaim the WBA Title, is in the Ring on May 19th with Lamont Peterson".

Several sources quote this including Boxingnews, WBN, Wiki, Sky Sports etc.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:45 pm

Interesting that people are willing ot believe all manner of rubbish when it affects Amir Khan. Almost like a knee jerk reaction.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:46 pm

Khan is behind the whole thing. He believes he was robbed and demanded the result be overturned. He came on TV and Twitter saying this. GBP did not create a Khan robot and do all the complaining while Amir sat at home oblivious to everything that was going on.

He believes he is still champion and if the WBA mention giving him a belt back then he would have to have said yes which makes him a phoney fake champion. Tells alot about a fighter to try and win a fight through lawyers etc.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:12 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Khan is behind the whole thing. He believes he was robbed and demanded the result be overturned. He came on TV and Twitter saying this. GBP did not create a Khan robot and do all the complaining while Amir sat at home oblivious to everything that was going on.

He believes he is still champion and if the WBA mention giving him a belt back then he would have to have said yes which makes him a phoney fake champion. Tells alot about a fighter to try and win a fight through lawyers etc.

And seeing as the story is a crock of poo, is it still Khan's fault? Tells a lot about a person when they choose to believe poo when it affects someone they have an irrational and knee jerk dislike of.

Carry on though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Well it was Khan himself who started these rumours so who else could possibly be to blame?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Seeing as Khan and GBP saw fit to spread the crock of poo round as fact then its only right Khan must take some blame. Hope this is the last we hear of the whinging little baby until fight time now, because he is really starting to get on my nerves.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:33 pm

azania wrote:Interesting that people are willing ot believe all manner of rubbish when it affects Amir Khan. Almost like a knee jerk reaction.

Yes, because how could anyone even think about considering the possibility that a story breaking on quite a few websites and on the man's own twitter page (I expect you'll now claim that this isn't his fault, either?) might be true, eh? Because the internet has clearly never provided a rumour which, very shortly afterwards, turns out to be true.

I remember when your 'I'm deliberately going to go against the overwhelming general opinion of the board here, to make myself seem interesting and to get myself some attention' routine used to be mildly amusing, Azania. Sadly, it stopped being that and became pathetic quite a while ago.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:35 pm

Which WBA title is it anyway. The normal WBA, the Super WBA, the Super Super WBA, or the alltime WBA? On saying that there is a not so good but ok WBA title coming out next month so maybe Khan is gonna be holding that

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:37 pm

Steffan wrote:Which WBA title is it anyway. The normal WBA, the Super WBA, the Super Super WBA, or the alltime WBA? On saying that there is a not so good but ok WBA title coming out next month so maybe Khan is gonna be holding that

The Super Duper one.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:39 pm

The Daily Mail is reporting he's the "Super World Champion" so it may be the WBA has made up the title and installed him as champion.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2110007/Amir-Khan-installed-WBA-lightweight-champion-ahead-Lamont-Peterson-rematch.html

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Good God.... If the situation could possibly become more of a farce then this would surely be it.

It still amazes me that a group of people in a room somehwere, claiming to be a boxing governing body can dream this stuff up.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:15 pm

azania wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Khan is behind the whole thing. He believes he was robbed and demanded the result be overturned. He came on TV and Twitter saying this. GBP did not create a Khan robot and do all the complaining while Amir sat at home oblivious to everything that was going on.

And seeing as the story is a crock of poo, is it still Khan's fault? Tells a lot about a person when they choose to believe poo when it affects someone they have an irrational and knee jerk dislike of.

Carry on though.

How do you know the story is a crock of poo?

I agree with Chris on this one, it was all good banter at the start when you did your "look at me" act in regards to Khan not knowing about any of the complaints made about the fight/scorecards etc. Even though he openly admitted on TV that he was trying to appeal it. But according to you, GBP masterminded the whole thing without Khan knowing.

Its actually a bit sad that no matter who criticises Khan, you can guarantee there is a comment within seconds from yourself. Either you haven't got that much too do in life except look for negetive comments made about Khan or a alarm goes off in your house when one is made. I think its the alarm.

If Khan accepts this belt after dropping the case (yes he dropped it). Then it cannot be justified. When he is being introduced in the rematch, if Michael Buffer says "In the red corner, the WBA Light Welterweight Champion of the World" then it should be booed, because he is not. He lost a split decision. End of.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Well it was Khan himself who started these rumours so who else could possibly be to blame?

So because Khan started the rumours, he is to blame for the WBA making an ass of itself by creating an Extremely Super Super LW title. Give me strength.

Where is the concept of responsibility gone. If the WBA created the title for Khan, its the WBA's own doing. If Khan accepts that title its his own doing.

Both are extremely stuipid if this is correct. I have always maintained that titles should be won and lost in the ring. Hence why I didn't acknowledge Lewis picking up the belt after Bowe trashed it and why I dont recognise Norton as a genuine world champ. Buts by any stretch of the imagination more superior boxers than Khan and more deserving of collecting title however they are granted.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:33 pm

hogey wrote:Seeing as Khan and GBP saw fit to spread the crock of poo round as fact then its only right Khan must take some blame. Hope this is the last we hear of the whinging little baby until fight time now, because he is really starting to get on my nerves.

If the story is real, then Khan is entirely responsible for accepting the title and imo wrong to do so.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:35 pm

azania wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Well it was Khan himself who started these rumours so who else could possibly be to blame?

So because Khan started the rumours, he is to blame for the WBA making an ass of itself by creating an Extremely Super Super LW title. Give me strength.

Where is the concept of responsibility gone. If the WBA created the title for Khan, its the WBA's own doing. If Khan accepts that title its his own doing.

Both are extremely stuipid if this is correct. I have always maintained that titles should be won and lost in the ring. Hence why I didn't acknowledge Lewis picking up the belt after Bowe trashed it and why I dont recognise Norton as a genuine world champ. Buts by any stretch of the imagination more superior boxers than Khan and more deserving of collecting title however they are granted.

Point being that rumours were started by Khan and the WBA have come out and rebuffed them, maintaining that Peterson is still their champion.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:49 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
azania wrote:Interesting that people are willing ot believe all manner of rubbish when it affects Amir Khan. Almost like a knee jerk reaction.

Yes, because how could anyone even think about considering the possibility that a story breaking on quite a few websites and on the man's own twitter page (I expect you'll now claim that this isn't his fault, either?) might be true, eh? Because the internet has clearly never provided a rumour which, very shortly afterwards, turns out to be true.

I remember when your 'I'm deliberately going to go against the overwhelming general opinion of the board here, to make myself seem interesting and to get myself some attention' routine used to be mildly amusing, Azania. Sadly, it stopped being that and became pathetic quite a while ago.

WBA created this ridiculous title. Their fault. Khan accepts the title. His fault (assuming the whole thing is true). Khan cannot be expected to shoulder the blame for a stupid decision by the WBA. His fault is in accepting that belt.

If the board is going one way and that way is in the wrong direction, why should I follow like sheep. Acept responsibility for your actions and not the actions of others. When something is wrong, it is wrong. No arguments. To follow like sheep is also wrong when the sheep behave like lemmings.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:57 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WBA_world_champions

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:58 pm

What ridiculous title? The WBA have thus far denied Khans claims so based on that it is only fair to blame Khan.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:03 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
azania wrote:

Carry on though.

I agree with Chris on this one, it was all good banter at the start when you did your "look at me" act in regards to Khan not knowing about any of the complaints made about the fight/scorecards etc. Even though he openly admitted on TV that he was trying to appeal it. But according to you, GBP masterminded the whole thing without Khan knowing.

Its actually a bit sad that no matter who criticises Khan, you can guarantee there is a comment within seconds from yourself. Either you haven't got that much too do in life except look for negetive comments made about Khan or a alarm goes off in your house when one is made. I think its the alarm.

If Khan accepts this belt after dropping the case (yes he dropped it). Then it cannot be justified. When he is being introduced in the rematch, if Michael Buffer says "In the red corner, the WBA Light Welterweight Champion of the World" then it should be booed, because he is not. He lost a split decision. End of.

Eejit. If you are going to debate, kindly do so with integrity and some honesty. And do stop the pathetic lies. Where did I say that GBP launched the appeal without Khan knowing? If I said that I would be more stupid that you are.

If Khan accepts the belt, he is being incredibly stupid as I've said above.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
azania wrote:

Point being that rumours were started by Khan and the WBA have come out and rebuffed them, maintaining that Peterson is still their champion.

So the whole story is a crock of poo and Khan's an idiot. Is that a surpise?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:06 pm

azania wrote:
Eejit. If you are going to debate, kindly do so with integrity and some honesty.

And you will do it without resorting to personal insults. It stops and it stops now, am in no mood for it and have no intention of spending all afternoon cleaning up and deleting stuff and will not do so.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:07 pm

Not a surprise at all, what exactly is your point?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:07 pm

*titter*

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:17 pm

rowley wrote:
azania wrote:
Eejit. If you are going to debate, kindly do so with integrity and some honesty.

And you will do it without resorting to personal insults. It stops and it stops now, am in no mood for it and have no intention of spending all afternoon cleaning up and deleting stuff and will not do so.

What is the problem. In no way was that intended to be an insult. Furthermore is there one rule for one and a different for another? Yesterday Oxy called me an idiot. I took it in the manner he meant (I hope). Lighten up a little hombre. try not to get all high and mighty.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:20 pm

Calling someone an idiot is an insult, no matter how you spell it, and if it is not taken as a joke is likely to result in someone responding in kind, which means I will have to spend the rest of my day deleting posts and cleaning the thread up, i'll lighten up the day you manage to have a debate that does not end as a slanging match, which leads me to believe it will be quite some time before I get to turn my frown upside down.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:33 pm

azania wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
azania wrote:

Carry on though.

Eejit. If you are going to debate, kindly do so with integrity and some honesty. And do stop the pathetic lies. Where did I say that GBP launched the appeal without Khan knowing? If I said that I would be more stupid that you are.

If Khan accepts the belt, he is being incredibly stupid as I've said above.

You've definitely said that, more than once I'm sure, on one of the other Khan threads which also got derailed by you refusing to believe anything other than Khan being a slave-puppet of the evil GBP corporate machine.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:34 pm

You boys shouldnt play so rough...somebodys gonna end up crying warning

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:37 pm

rowley wrote:Calling someone an idiot is an insult, no matter how you spell it, and if it is not taken as a joke is likely to result in someone responding in kind, which means I will have to spend the rest of my day deleting posts and cleaning the thread up, i'll lighten up the day you manage to have a debate that does not end as a slanging match, which leads me to believe it will be quite some time before I get to turn my frown upside down.

Foe heaven's sake. If I were to call someone an idiot I would spell it out. Where is the jocularity gone. Oxy called me an idiot. Windy has said many things. In no way do I take them as an insult because I know there is nothing maliscious behind it. That was the manner of my response to reeborn was in the same vein. So kindly lighten up. If ree responds in kind, I wouldn't take it as an insult because I dont believe for a moment that he intends any insult.

Back to the thread please. I dont intend continuing with this nonsense with you. Quit deflecting! warning

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:38 pm

Without Khan knowing? Not a chance mate. I said GBP probably TOLD Khan what they were intending to do. TOLD and not asked Khan.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:43 pm

I'll repeat again, Khan is not the sharpest tool in the box. For him to launch that appeal on his own is beyong him. For him to even instigate it is beyong him. GBP launched the appeal after consulting (I'm being kind there) Khan. I have never said that they did so without Khan's knowledge. They are not that stupid.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:43 pm

Fairly sure Rowley said to drop it so why don't we ALL take his advice on board and debate the subject matter.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next