The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six Nations: France v England Thread

+49
SecretFly
samuraidragon
SimonofSurrey
ultra
niwatts
thomh
yappysnap
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Taffineastbourne
lostinwales
kingjohn7
bedfordwelsh
Josiah Maiestas
Hound_of_Harrow
JDizzle
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Duty281
overlordofthewest
pbuk0
Barney McGrew did it
Rory_Gallagher
Mad for Chelsea
SubsBench
aitchw
flynnnio
PJHolybloke
Hood83
Noble-Surfer
offload
majesticimperialman
trebellbobaggins
gelodge
Casartelli
Liam
Chunky Norwich
Pot Hale
Coleman
Shifty
thebluesmancometh
eirebilly
Biltong
EnglishReign
ChequeredJersey
mystiroakey
Cari
wales606
maestegmafia
Morgannwg
Cymroglan
53 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Six Nations: France v England Thread - Page 10 Empty Six Nations: France v England Thread

Post by Cymroglan Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:29 am

First topic message reminder :

TEAM LINE-UPS
France : 15-Clement Poitrenaud, 14-Vincent Clerc, 13-Aurelien Rougerie, 12-Wesley Fofana, 11-Julien Malzieu, 10-Lionel Beauxis, 9-Julien Dupuy; 1-Jean-Baptiste Poux, 2-Dimitri Szarzewski, 3-Nicolas Mas, 4-Pascal Pape, 5-Yoann Maestri, 6-Thierry Dusautoir (captain), 7-Julien Bonnaire, 8-Imanol Harinordoquy.

Replacements: 16-William Servat, 17-Vincent Debaty, 18-Lionel Nallet, 19-Louis Picamoles, 20-Morgan Parra, 21-Francois Trinh-Duc, 22-Maxime Mermoz

England : 15-Ben Foden, 14-Chris Ashton, 13-Manu Tuilagi, 12-Brad Barritt, 11-Charlie Sharples, 10-Owen Farrell, 9-Lee Dickson; 1-Alex Corbisiero, 2-Dylan Hartley, 3-Dan Cole, 4-Mouritz Botha, 5-Geoff Parling, 6-Tom Croft, 7-Chris Robshaw, 8-Ben Morgan

Replacements: 16-Rob Webber, 17-Matt Stevens, 18-Tom Palmer, 19-Phil Dowson, 20-Ben Youngs, 21-Charlie Hodgson, 22-Mike Brown

MATCH OFFICIALS
Referee: Alain Rolland (France)

Touch judges: Nigel Owens (Wales), John Lacey (Ireland)

TV: Jim Yuille (Scotland)

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Six Nations: France v England Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Six Nations: France v England Thread

Post by Duty281 Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:01 am

Fantastic win, well done England! Yahoo Yahoo

Unlucky Rolland, you tried your best including a shocking sin-binning of Sharples. Well done Wales on the Championship and possible Grand Slam.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Six Nations: France v England Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Six Nations: France v England Thread

Post by Barney McGrew did it Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:02 am

Oh yes, and I thought the French cameraman was brilliant too. Some of the best close-ups I've ever seen.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:02 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:mystir

First half France were not there, 2nd half until the last 6/7 minutes nothing happened apart from a yellow card, and a penalty!

5 minutes of excitement does not make a great game!!

think your being abit harsgh there- england out played them first half and as i said as an england fan it wasnt a borefest- it was to tight, didnt speak about how a neautral would see the game, thats your preogative

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:03 am

pbuk0

What has Davies done??? And it's Rolland not Rowland.

Just becaus eMoore says Rolland is poo doesn't mean he is, I don't think he got anywhere near as many wrong calls as you lot, and in fact I'd say England were lucky once or twice that second half not to get another yellow.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:03 am

Good performance from England and they seem to be building a solid defensive base off which they can build an attacking game. I think Guscott said it really well, they are not world beaters, just a team playing reasonably well. But at this stage of their development the side looks promising.

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:04 am

Myster

I didn't say it wasn't tight, I didn't say it wasn't exciting, I said it wasn't GREAT, it certainly wasn't the best game of the 6N in terms of quality, agree with you about the rest!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:05 am

What did Jonothan Davies do apart from speak the truth that there is only one team still on for the GS? Who wants to talk about who is finishing 2nd and 3rd Wink.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:07 am

Well France seemed to win every 50/50 under the high ball but other than that, were very average (something I was slated for saying a couple days ago).

Wales will have no problem beating these mugs. I've just realised Foden has scored a try in the last four games against France, legend.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:08 am

On the talk of man of the match, I thought Parling was immense for England out there today. Carried brilliantly.

Well played England, and come on Wales next weekend! Hug

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:08 am

Morgannwg wrote:What did Jonothan Davies do apart from speak the truth that there is only one team still on for the GS? Who wants to talk about who is finishing 2nd and 3rd Wink.

I know some supporters who kept banging on about finishing fourth for a while Whistle

Wink

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:08 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:Myster

I didn't say it wasn't tight, I didn't say it wasn't exciting, I said it wasn't GREAT, it certainly wasn't the best game of the 6N in terms of quality, agree with you about the rest!

highest quailty game was ireland v wales, that wasnt high quailty - however england have stepped up a full level every game they have played. if they keep going at this rate - the all blacks are gonna get scared!!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:10 am

To sum up:

If England win by 20 against Ireland and Wales lose by 19 against France then the title is England's! Yes it is a longgggg shot.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:10 am

Was 'grand finale' the correct term to describe the final 6 Nations game, which coincedentally happens to take place at his (Inverdale's) home ground...
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:11 am

Duty281 wrote:To sum up:

If England win by 20 against Ireland and Wales lose by 19 against France then the title is England's! Yes it is a longgggg shot.

Also Wales and Ireland would need to not score any points.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:12 am

Myster

Have to agree with you, as far as worrying the kiwi's goes, thats your opinion, and I'm not going to argue with you!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:13 am

we are not gonna win the 6n's

i will be very happy witha second spot!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:13 am

To be fair, it's amazing England are still in with a shot. If only they'd held on against Wales, this makeshift side could be looking at a grand slam match at Twickers! Fine margins.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:14 am

Morgannwg

Ye the Grand finale is the final game, unless the 2 games before decide the wooden spoon and grand slam then it's just the final game.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:14 am

Happy with the win, best of luck to Wales with the Grandslam next week
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:15 am

Great game brilliant performance by England though awful French effort.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:16 am

Hmmm Wales didn't play well against England, France didn't play well against England...

I don't suppose anyone wants to make the suggestion that England actually made it difficult for both teams to play rugby do they?

You know, just did a good job?

Perhaps?
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:16 am

I'm just very, very happy Six Nations: France v England Thread - Page 10 3933776953

Splendide!!!

AleAleAleAleAleAle

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:17 am

PJHolybloke wrote:Hmmm Wales didn't play well against England, France didn't play well against England...

I don't suppose anyone wants to make the suggestion that England actually made it difficult for both teams to play rugby do they?

Perhaps?

pigs could fly as well

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:18 am

Cymroglan wrote:

Also Wales and Ireland would need to not score any points.

Eh.... if England win by 20 and France win by 19, it doesn't matter if Wales or Ireland score or not. It's the margin that's being talked about.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:18 am

Six Nations: France v England Thread - Page 10 1145808659 Six Nations: France v England Thread - Page 10 1145808659 Six Nations: France v England Thread - Page 10 1145808659 Six Nations: France v England Thread - Page 10 919379873 Six Nations: France v England Thread - Page 10 479796

I had the feeling that England would just nick a close one, had them by 3 on SG though. Sad
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:18 am

No the margin changes if the opposition score points

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:19 am

overlordofthewest wrote:Well done England, deserved the win. France were absolutely awful though!
Stop dampening the glory with false summaries, France were made to look awful by an impeccable defense, fact is we stopped playing at 24-15 and allowed them room to breathe, otherwise we could have enjoyed tea and crumpets in the final minutes.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:19 am

PJ

Noones claiming England didn't play very well, but there were so many unforced errors that were made, thats why France played poorly.

England had no say in how poorly France chased kicks, they have no say in the defencive line being shoddy, and they certainly have no say in players over running the ball constantly, the French structure from the first minute has little to do with England.

A lot of errors can be attributed to England but you can't take credit for all

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:21 am

That was the best game England have played for a long time, well played to England.

Looking forward to the Ireland game next week, can England beet Ireland at Twickenham? Would like to think so, but Ireland are mostly Englands bogey team, but if they play like they did today they just might pull it off.

That should now make Wales favourutes for next week, they already have the 6ns title, but will they still get the Grand Slam?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:23 am

I must admit I have expected more from the France side all tournmnet now that St Andre is in charge just hope they dont click next weekend
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:24 am

Jebus, i dont care how France or England played to be honest. The telling fact is that England went to Paris and beat the French, thats pretty special in my books.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:26 am

EnglishReign wrote:

To be fair, it's amazing England are still in with a shot. If only they'd held on against Wales, this makeshift side could be looking at a grand slam match at Twickers! Fine margins.

Big if. But you're right about fine margins. And some luck. Wales were undoubtedly lucky in their two matches against Ireland and England. Lucky not to have Bradley sent off. Lucky to get a last minute penalty. Lucky that a TMO didn't award a last minute try. That's what often wins championships - c'est la vie.

The grand finale at Twckenham will still be a good match to round the Champonship off.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:27 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:Morgannwg

Ye the Grand finale is the final game, unless the 2 games before decide the wooden spoon and grand slam then it's just the final game.

Well aren't I right then? Isn't the order Ita V Sco (wooden spoon decider), Wal V Fra (Slam) and then Eng V Ire?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:29 am

Cymroglan wrote:No the margin changes if the opposition score points

Eh.....If England win by 20, then it doesn't matter if the scoreline is 20-0, 25-5, or 37-17, they'll still win by 20. Geddit?

Last edited by Pot Hale on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:30 am

PJHolybloke wrote:Hmmm Wales didn't play well against England, France didn't play well against England...

Perhaps?

+1 PJ OK

Foden said England were looking to build a solid defensive base and build from there. I think we've done that. Disappointed with the penalties we gave away, and that's my only gripe.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:31 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:PJ

Noones claiming England didn't play very well, but there were so many unforced errors that were made, thats why France played poorly.

England had no say in how poorly France chased kicks, they have no say in the defencive line being shoddy, and they certainly have no say in players over running the ball constantly, the French structure from the first minute has little to do with England.

A lot of errors can be attributed to England but you can't take credit for all

I think you'll find it all goes much better on the training ground, no?

Who's to say how and where England made the difference? It could just as easily be a case of both Wales and France expecting the game to go one way only to find it went another by virtue of better game management by England.

The point I was making, and that you appear to have missed, is that both Wales and France struggled against this England side but the general concensus seems to be that both those teams played poorly and left England "in with a chance" through their own poor execution; well, that ain't necessarily so is it?

England could have just played to a better gameplan, and you never know, Ireland may play poorly next Saturday and leave England in with a chance. Six Nations: France v England Thread - Page 10 590675
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:31 am

Morgannwg wrote:

Well aren't I right then? Isn't the order Ita V Sco (wooden spoon decider), Wal V Fra (Slam) and then Eng V Ire?

Is a Grandslam decider a match where one team can get the slam or where both can?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:35 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

Is a Grandslam decider a match where one team can get the slam or where both can?

It's whatever you'd like it to be as a fan.

You could say that the Whales v France match will decide whether there is a grand slam winner or not.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:37 am

Both as far as I'm concerned, in order to be a "decider" both teams have to have a shot - it's a bit pedantic, but that's the way I see it.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:40 am

very enjoyable game. well done Eng on a great win, and some good rugby aswell, nice tries!
Rolland is a plank. how can he give a yellow for the same offence as an uncarded one about 5 mins previous?????????? If refs make mistakes or have different 'interpretations' fair enough but something like that,to me, is ridiculous.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:42 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:Croft really is one of the worst players in the current home nations squads. Terrible brain.

Whistle

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:44 am

lostinwales wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:Croft really is one of the worst players in the current home nations squads. Terrible brain.

Whistle

Laugh Hypocrisy at its best Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:56 am

Its going to be one good match next week thats for sure. England are improving by the game as is Ireland. Could be a classic.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:05 am

France are building nicely to their one big performance of the tournament....maybe.

Lots of interesting matchups at Twickenham next week - Morgan/Heaslip, Farrell/Sexton, Tuilagi/Earl & Foden/Kearney. I hope it isn't a SH ref next week.....

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:07 am

I would love a SH ref to be honest, they keep the game moving better tha NH ref's.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:09 am

Joubert would suit both sides I think. Is he a possibilty?
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:10 am

PJ

You have totally missed my point, unforced errors are exactly that, and no amount of pressure from the opposing team has much if any effect on them!

Your getting very defencive with the wrong person, Ive given England credit, but you have to say France were pathetic in some aspects, not bothering to chase kicks, lazy defending, lack of any sort of structure from the 1st minute has little to do with England, Wales however were a little slow to develop a plan B and get over the stubborn English defence.

Wales were poor in a totally different way to France, Wales were poor because of England, France were poor because of France in certain aspects!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:16 am

Pot Hale wrote:
Cymroglan wrote:No the margin changes if the opposition score points

Eh.....If England win by 20, then it doesn't matter if the scoreline is 20-0, 25-5, or 37-17, they'll still win by 20. Geddit?

No the For and Against margin is used in both games.
Wales are on +38 now but by next week that could change considerably.
If France Score a load of points next Sat then the points difference could be considerably less between England and Wales.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:28 am

kingjohn7 wrote:very enjoyable game. well done Eng on a great win, and some good rugby aswell, nice tries!
Rolland is a plank. how can he give a yellow for the same offence as an uncarded one about 5 mins previous?????????? If refs make mistakes or have different 'interpretations' fair enough but something like that,to me, is ridiculous.
Now you know how we felt about this pompous individual.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:32 am

its all about roland!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next