The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan-Peterson

+26
Herman Jaeger
TRUSSMAN66
ChelskiFanski
ShahenshahG
Strongback
The Galveston Giant
Boxtthis
Super D Boon
Rowley
Mr Bounce
paperbag_puncher
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
hampo17
Valero's Conscience
manos de piedra
tunes666
AlexHuckerby
Atila
88Chris05
John Bloody Wayne
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Lance
NathanDB10
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
azania
Sugar Floyd Louis
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Khan-Peterson Empty Khan-Peterson

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sat 07 Apr 2012, 1:16 pm

Predictions?

I want Peterson to win but head says Khan will be too much for the guy.

Anyone think Peterson can make it as tough as he did last time and possible win?

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Khan-Peterson Empty Re: Khan-Peterson

Post by azania Sat 07 Apr 2012, 1:51 pm

Much depends on how Khan can adapt to quality pressure against him. The key to this is for Khan to throw a jab with authority to keep Peterson at bay when Peterson decides to apply the pressure. Khan also appears very one dimensional and devoid of tactics other than repeating the same type of thing repeatedly.

I want Khan to win but I believe Peterson had too much adaptability (Plan B) and will win a clear UD. I dont buy the claims that Peterson fought the fight of his life in their previous fight. Khan#s non existent jab gives fighters the opportunity to get up close and very personal and disrupt Khan from his game plan. When that happens, he stands and tries to trade and comes up short.

Although I thought Khan won their first fight even with the points deduction, I reckon Peterson has bene given the confidence in himself and the knowledge that he can throw Khan off his stride by intelligent pressure. For for the last 10 rounds I scored the fight to Peterson by 1 point. This time he has the advantage in that Khan will not know what style he will adopt.

Unless Khan develops the jab, he will lose.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sat 07 Apr 2012, 2:14 pm

Strong claim Az... we'll see.

I don't know if a jab would be enough though, Peterson's tough and could bulldoze his way through.

Either way, I just really can't see Peterson winning (decisively anyway).

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:11 pm

Peterson by UD. Peterson knows how to box vs khan now. He went into the fight with the intention of boxing khan.that didn't work and he grew away the first 2 rounds and got knocked down.

Peterson will be training no doubt on pressure, pressure and pressure. He is a lot stronger than khan on the indside and is bigger on the night.

I don't think Khan will actually be much better. Everyone thinks he under performed and Peterson fought the fight of his life. That's not true, khan fought just as he did vs maidana but Peterson was a lot smarter an a lot quicker. Khan didn't improve defensively after that fight so why should he change now. Roach isn't exactly the best at teaching fighters on the inside defensively.

Khan doesnt have the power IMO to stop Peterson, he is a very tough guy. Khan needs to completely redevelope his defence to win. He just runs backwards throwing flurries

Last edited by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs on Sat 07 Apr 2012, 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Sat 07 Apr 2012, 3:59 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Peterson by UD. Peterson knows how to box vs khan now. He went into the fight with the intention of boxing khan.that didn't work and he grew away the first 2 rounds and got knocked down.

Peterson will be training no doubt on pressure, pressure and pressure. He is a lot stronger than khan on the indside and is bigger on the night.

I don't think Khan will actually be much better. Everyone thinks he under performed and Peterson dough the fight of his life. That's not true, khan fought just as he did vs maidana but Peterson was a lot smarter an a lot quicker. Khan didn't improve defensively after that fight so why should he change now. Roach isn't exactly the best at teaching fighters on the inside defensively.

Khan douses by have the power IMO to stop Peterson, he is a very tough guy. Khan needs to completely redevelope his defence to win. He just runs backwards throwing flurries

Very good points, I find it interesting that everyone thinks Khan underperformed and that all he has to do is show up on song to win.

I do think the powers that be may be more favourble to Khan this time though, simply because he is seen as the more marketable fighter. Having said that, I hope and want Peterson to win.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 07 Apr 2012, 7:59 pm

peterson has a real chance, and his odds are very appealing. khan will be better prepared and i expect the judges to be more favourable to him in vegas, but peterson started very nervously last time and if he comes in with more confidence and without being knocked down early i reckon he could pull it off again.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Sat 07 Apr 2012, 8:30 pm

Depends on how much holding the ref allows but i have a feeling the ref will be very passive

Khan UD

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 07 Apr 2012, 8:49 pm

What makes me strongly doubt Khan is that Lamont managed to take advantage of some fundamental problems. Things that take a long time to figure out. Given the amount of time between fights, Khan may have improved his inside game/sitting down on his punches etc. but I can't see how he will have improved enough.

A big worry for Khan fans is that he seems to genuinely believe he was robbed blind and none of it was down to his own short comings. Maybe behind closed doors he knows he needs to adress his weaknesses, but I have a feeling he actually doesn't think he was at all to blame for losing that fight. Peterson has been suceptible to early knockdowns in the past though so Khan should start fast and try to capitalise on that, not that I think he genuinely knocked Peterson down first time out.

I lean towards Peterson UD or possibly a TKO, but I like Lamont so maybe that's why I say that...

Last edited by John Bloody Wayne on Sat 07 Apr 2012, 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the keys kept moving)

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat 07 Apr 2012, 9:33 pm

I think Kahn will win decisively, something in the region of four points on the cards. I'll maintain that Khan did have a little bit of an off night first time out - and Peterson clearly did fight the fight of his life. Can anyone really deny, for instance, that he was much better against Khan than he was against both Bradley and Ortiz, the only two fights he's had of a similar magnitude?

That's not to say that Peterson can't improve on that performance even further - he could. But I think Khan can't do anything but improve on that first showing, if you see what I mean.

I don't believe that Khan and Roach are daft enough to not address the issue of inside fighting to at least some extent. As I've often said about Khan, while you can criticise him for a few things, his work ethic, hunger and desire to improve once he'd encountered a setback are all to be admired.

But remember, this is coming from someone who still thinks than Khan won that fight even with the points deductions. I personally don't see Peterson's performance in that fight as an example of a genial gameplan being carried out to perfection the way others demonstrably do. I just feel that Khan put in a bit of a lazy performance, underestimated his man and that he was, more than anything, outworked and outhustled by a more motivated and, perhaps, a fitter man on the night.

Khan 116-112 or 117-111, without any controversy this time would be my punt.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sat 07 Apr 2012, 10:23 pm

It's a toss-up for me who wins. I wasn't surprised that Peterson won their fight, that's what happens sometimes when you fight your mandatories, which is why I like mandatories.

I'd like Khan to win, too many people seemed happy to see him lose. I suppose that's understandable though, I certainly got a buzz the two times Hatton was beaten. Some fighters you like and some you just don't.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 08 Apr 2012, 7:54 am

How can you not like poor Ricky? :O

Going for Khan, and rather decisively, I don't think Khan will be any better on the inside however, I just think he will be an awful lot better on the outside at stopping the charge forward much better with jabs and uppercuts.

Khan by a decision of about 4 points.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Mon 09 Apr 2012, 12:03 pm

Khan will win even if Peterson really wins and its been clear since the first fight Khan beating him is in the script and that will be put right regardless this time.

That being said I think Khan will win a close points decision... this time it swinging his way as he will not push and hold as much, be more wary of Peterson..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 09 Apr 2012, 7:26 pm

I think its an interesting fight to try and predict on the basis of the first encounter. I think it depends on who can build on the performance from the first encounter the most.

According to the bookies, there seems to be more faith in Khan raising his game. But Im wondering how much of this is based on the perceived injustice of Khan losing two point deductions. The simplistic viewpoint to take would be if Khan didnt get two points deducted he would have won. This is true, but it also disguises other factors and ignores the adjustments Peterson made in the fight. Because as much as Khan will point to ifs/buts regarding the ref. Peterson can also do likewise regarding his performance.

This was basically a fight of two halves. Khan dominated the the first half and Peterson dominated the second. This is more or less reflected in the judges scorecards - well the two more reasonable ones anyway (I thought the 115-110 Khan card was hard to fathom). In the other two cards Khan won only 1 of the last 6 rounds. Peterson won only two of the first 6. Personally I think this is fair enough reflection of the action although some of those rounds could have gone either way also.

What that says to me is that Peterson has a very good argument to say he wins this second fight. Petersons tactics at the start of the fight clearly handed the advantage to Khan, including a disastrous 10-8 opening round. For the first half of the fight he is largely outboxed. However as the fight goes on he makes key adjustments. Increasingly he boxes less and focuses on closing Khan down more. By the second half of the fight he has almost abondoned the jab completely and is focusing on closing Khan down and launching full body attacks on him. This is hugely effective to the point Khan has no real answer except to push Peterson off him. The points deduction took some of the focus away from this and while I would agree its unusual to have two points deducted for pushing, it cant disguise that Khan was reduced to having to do it in order to get any kind of spac. Peterson was simply imposing his style on him and there was little Khan could do about it. So if Peterson had fought the first half of the fight like he did the second half of the fight he would have won without any controversy. Of that I would have no doubt. Assuming he goes into the second fight realising this, then its a very strong case to say he wins.

The other argument is then for Khan. I think the arguments for him winning are based less on the action from the first fight and more on external factors. Firstly mentally. This was expected to be a routine Khan defence against a challenger with a credible but not special record. Fighters always say they train like challengers, dont look past the next fight but this is not alwas the case. I think Khan expected a far easier night. The fact he offered to fight Peterson in DC kind of indicates they thought this would be easy. I dont believe Khan was really about going into the lions den etc - I think he just felt the fight would be straightforward and it didnt matter going to DC. This time round things are alot different. Defeat would be very harmful for Khan, hes the challenger this time and I expect him to be alot more focused. Secondly is tactics. I beleive Khans weaknesses have ben well documented from the start and he has favoured fighting certain types of fighters over others. He likes fighting boxers, is vunerable against swarmers. Maidana was the only real exception to this but he was a mandatory and to some extent used as an acid test for Khan. Khan won, but not impressively which was all the more magnified by how easy he won against the likes of Malignaggi and Judah. Clearly, he just struggles against that style. Against lesser boxers he can just beat them at their own game by outspeeding and outskilling them which is what he did to Malignaggi and Judah. I think they thought it would be more of the same against Peterson. That it would be a boxing match and Khan held all the advantages. Peterson caught them cold with his ability to adjust and exploit Khans weakness which I definately dont think were anticipated. Khan failed to successfully cope with them but this time round he will be expecting them before the fight rather than suddenly finding himself at sea mid rounds in the heat of battle. So I think this will make a big difference.

I think both arguments for each fighter are strong and valid, which is what makes this rematch interesting for me. I think there is more of a leap of faith required for the Khan case because its not really based on anythingthat happened in the first fight. But for some reason I just find myself thinking that a better prepared and focused Khan will be able to get the job done.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 10 Apr 2012, 11:05 am

I think Khan should win by something like 8 rounds to 4.

I had Khan winning by a point last time with the inclusion of the points deductions and I think he'll make it a little more decisive this time.

As others have said, Khan's in-fighting is not great and if Peterson tries to brawl and Khan's ego again gets the better of him then I would favour Peterson. I'm sure Khan's knows he desperately can't afford to lose again so will fight from range.

I don't know a huge amount about Peterson but one thing is that Peterson also has had time to adapt and improve his gameplan. Should be fun though!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 10 Apr 2012, 11:24 am

Been alot of talk coming from Khans twitter account about studying the first fight and putting alot of things he got wrong last time right. Been said hundreds of times on here that Khan is a hard worker and I honestly think that he'll be alot better inside. Khan nows that Peterson can't box with him and his only real option is to get up close, so if he put's that right it should be a Khan UD.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Apr 2012, 11:36 am

I can't pick a winner for this. If Khan can be disciplined and box Peterson at range then he will win comfortably. Their is not a lot to suggest he can do that though. Peterson knows what he has to do, get inside and make Khan fight him.

From what we seen in the Peterson fight Khan is very lucky Bradley moved up to fight Pacquiao because Peterson gave him nightmares on the inside. Bradley would have battered him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue 10 Apr 2012, 11:37 am

I'm leaning towards Khan in this one despite his much documented flaws. I don't think Peterson can improve much on the last fight and Khan knows it'll be a long way back if he loses this. If Khan adapts and sticks to the right game plan which he knows he has to and Freddie will have drilled into him then I expect him to win. Great clash of styles and a fight I'm looking forward to.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Apr 2012, 11:50 am

Freddie drilled into him for the Maidana and Peterson fights not to get involved with them on the inside. Khan forgets to box and gets involved which if pushed to pick a winner is making me lean towards Peterson.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 10 Apr 2012, 11:52 am

Much as I don't particularly like Khan, I believe that he will raise his game significantly. He put Peterson down in the first fight and I believe that he will make it stick this time and keep him there.

I don't like to predict this, but Khan KO4.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 10 Apr 2012, 11:58 am

Mr Bounce wrote:Much as I don't particularly like Khan, I believe that he will raise his game significantly. He put Peterson down in the first fight and I believe that he will make it stick this time and keep him there.

I don't like to predict this, but Khan KO4.

4!

Are you sure? Peterson may have hit the deck but they were flash knockdowns and Peterson didn't look too hurt.

Peterson hit the floor once in the Bradley fight and twice in the Ortiz fight yet neither could get him out there and khan doesn't hit nearly as hard as Ortiz. Maybe a UD or a TKO around round 11, but I can't see (except Vs Judah) any evidence that he's a hard puncher who can finish you early

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Apr 2012, 12:00 pm

This fight is harder to call than it should be, if Khan does what he should do he wins, but to be honest his tactics should rarely if ever change but he does have this rare ability to get dragged into the wrong kind of fight, through what would seem to be an excessive amount of machismo. His difficulty this time is Petersen is going to know what works and is going to go straight in and look to get his head on Khan's chest and work him over on the inside and whilst Khan should look to use his movement he does need to have a bit more to his inside game than shoving because at some point Petersen is going to have some success and whether he gets called on it or not the fans and critics will want to see Khan can improve on weaknesses and flaws, because that is what marks the great out from the good.

My gut instinct is Khan gets the decision this time round, not the most scientific of reasons but just think Khan has the ability to improve and think we saw about the best of Lamont last time round.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 10 Apr 2012, 12:20 pm

Khan doesn't need an inside game he just needs to utilise his jab properly and tie Petersen up when he gets passed it. He needs to watch the Tyson Douglas fight to see how a fighter with no inside game to speak of negates the inside work of a fighter who does. Khan doesn't know how to tie up. If he did he would have won last time out.

Could be another bad evening for Khan but as someone else has said, anything close will go Khan's way this time.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Apr 2012, 12:21 pm

He does know how to tie up he tied up Maidana at times early in their fight he just loses focus and gets drawn into a scrap.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 10 Apr 2012, 12:26 pm

Yeah he loses focus because he doesn't do it so well and gets crowned for it, sees red and gets drawn into a war. He has great natural advantages like his height, reach and speed and not bad power he should never be boxing close up to anyone at his weight.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Apr 2012, 12:49 pm

I could understand if it was against a guy like Bradley who is very good at getting inside but Peterson isn't and neither is Maidana. He let them walk in. With the advantages that you said above there is no excuse for it he needs to sort it out or he's going to get a beating one night.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 10 Apr 2012, 1:56 pm

azania wrote:Unless Khan develops the jab, he will lose.

The thing about Khan is that he's got a good jab when he's on the attack, and when he's at a range that suits him. You can see how good his jab and one-two, right hand over the top, combinations work in the Malignaggi fight. But, as you point out, his jab isn't particularly effective when he's being pressured and having the distance closed on him. He seems to just paw it out there, while being more concerned about where his feet are going, and how they're going to get him out of the way, and back to his favoured distance. I haven't seen him ever truly use his jab to stop pressure fighters in their tracks (e.g. Maidana or Peterson, and even to a small extent against Kotelnik, who pressured a bit more than Khan/Roach anticipated).

This fight is a toss up for me. Khan is obviously more athletically gifted, while Peterson is the far more cerebral and adaptable fighter. To me, it seems like Khan is going to try more of the same i.e. box at distance and hit with fast combinations, while staying off the ropes. Peterson too will probably return to the pressuring style he adopted after the first few rounds of the last fight. Certainly I think the fight will be exciting, primarily because Khan has a unique combination of such world class gifts to go along side some world class frailties. Commentators have said a few times that Khan gets himself in to trouble through bravado, but I don't think that this is the case. He gets himself in to those unnecessary fire-fights because he doesn't have the skillset to avoid or cope with pressure situations. This is why I think Khan will continue to potentially have the same trouble with any pressure or adaptable fighter at around or above this level of competition.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 10 Apr 2012, 2:03 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Khan doesn't need an inside game he just needs to utilise his jab properly and tie Petersen up when he gets passed it.

This is a good point. Khan is never going to be a great inside fighter, but if only he learned to tie an opponent up effectively then it would help him no end. Both the Maidana and Peterson fights would've been clear UDs and not the life-and-death struggles they were. Right now, instead of tying an opponent up, he appears to a) Hold/push them excessively/illegally, or b) Eat numerous short uppercuts.

It's frustrating because he could be a far better fighter than he is with what seems like just a couple of small adjustments/sneaky tactics being added to his arsenal.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 10 Apr 2012, 2:05 pm

I just think khan has one of the poorest defences around as well as the best offensive arsenal around too. He throws great combo's on the front foot with quick hands and decent power. However, his defence to me seems to be keep at amrs length and run around the ring. It works well but when someone cuts of the ring, he cups his hands I've this face leaving himself open to body shots and uppercuts. He forgets to move this head and doesn't try to get off the ropes.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 10 Apr 2012, 2:15 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:I just think khan has one of the poorest defences around as well as the best offensive arsenal around too. He throws great combo's on the front foot with quick hands and decent power. However, his defence to me seems to be keep at amrs length and run around the ring. It works well but when someone cuts of the ring, he cups his hands I've this face leaving himself open to body shots and uppercuts. He forgets to move this head and doesn't try to get off the ropes.

I agree, i don't think for one minute that he chooses to stand and trade, his defense is his offense but when he can't run around the ring anymore and gets pinned down his defensive flaws are there for all to see. I think he would be shook a lot less if he knew how to roll with punches and defend with his gloves.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 10 Apr 2012, 2:23 pm

Watching the first fight I kept saying to myself 'how did Kahn manage to let Peterson into the fight?'. Khan was clearly the better talent of the two but he allowed himself to get dragged into places he just didn't want to go. Part of this, I suggest, was down to arrogance. It looked like he thought he could just up his game and win the fight easily. Did he give Peterson enough respect, personally I don't think so.

If Khan can learn from his mistakes, develop some humility and box to a plan he beats Perterson with relative ease. If Khan doesn't get his head together he could easily lose a close fight.

Khan will need to demonstrate that he ain't as thick as he seems.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Apr 2012, 2:27 pm

I am not sure it is all arrogance Strongy, think since Prescott and his more than regular visits to the canvas early in his career Khan seems hell bent on proving to all and sundry he has the chin of Jake La Motta, you can see it every time he takes a punch he starts with the daft showboating and pretending the punches are water off a ducks back, think it is also instructive how many times he makes references to how well he took the shots in his post fight interviews.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Tue 10 Apr 2012, 2:50 pm

Seem's the outcome of this fight and Bute-Froch is what everyone is most interested in. Certainly more than Floyd and Manny's fight.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 10 Apr 2012, 3:35 pm

No doubt Khan wants to demonstrate his resilliance Jeff but I also think Khan's head wasn't quite right going into the fight. His focus seemed to be more on a potential super fight wiith Floyd in his next fight that was being hyped up. The possibility that Peterson could beat him didn't seem to enter his thoughts until it was too late. Also, my view at the time was that Khan believed he had won the fight.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 10 Apr 2012, 4:07 pm

Strongback wrote:No doubt Khan wants to demonstrate his resilliance Jeff but I also think Khan's head wasn't quite right going into the fight. His focus seemed to be more on a potential super fight wiith Floyd in his next fight that was being hyped up. The possibility that Peterson could beat him didn't seem to enter his thoughts until it was too late. Also, my view at the time was that Khan believed he had won the fight.

True, khan was standing there triumphant and Peterson despite what anyone else thought, thought he lost. Its good for Khan I think, he works his arse off so a little shock here and there will prevent him from going totally into his comfort zone and losing his sharpness.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 10 Apr 2012, 4:52 pm

I dont think Khan elected to just stand and trade with Peterson willingly. I just feel he was unable to do anything about it. Whatever about the point deductions, he was pushing Peterson an awful lot trying to keep him off him and he looked uncomfortable. I dont think this was by choice.

I do think there was an element of being caught by surprise at how much Peterson adapted during the fight and the shift in tactics. He will be surely be better prepared and focused this time around but I do still think there are question marks over Khans ability to deal with those tactics even when he is fully prepared. If Peterson had fought the first half of the fight as he did the second then he would have almost surely won.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 10 Apr 2012, 5:44 pm

manos de piedra wrote:I dont think Khan elected to just stand and trade with Peterson willingly. I just feel he was unable to do anything about it. Whatever about the point deductions, he was pushing Peterson an awful lot trying to keep him off him and he looked uncomfortable. I dont think this was by choice.

I do think there was an element of being caught by surprise at how much Peterson adapted during the fight and the shift in tactics. He will be surely be better prepared and focused this time around but I do still think there are question marks over Khans ability to deal with those tactics even when he is fully prepared. If Peterson had fought the first half of the fight as he did the second then he would have almost surely won.

I agree that it was Petersons ability to switch tactics that changed the course of the fight and not because Khan chose to. There's no doubt he likes to show people he isn't affected when he takes a punch but he's not taking they punches by choice, he's taking them because he's been pinned down or his legs are tiring. He's going to have to have worked on his defense or a plan to stop Peterson in his tracks on the way in. A lot of people think he just has to show up in the right frame of mind but that wasn't what cost him the fight first time round, it was his tactics, the same ones he uses in every fight.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 10 Apr 2012, 10:01 pm

manos de piedra wrote:I dont think Khan elected to just stand and trade with Peterson willingly. I just feel he was unable to do anything about it. Whatever about the point deductions, he was pushing Peterson an awful lot trying to keep him off him and he looked uncomfortable. I dont think this was by choice.

Agree wholeheartedly with this.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelskiFanski Thu 12 Apr 2012, 2:21 pm

I've just seen that Joe 'I'm fair but I'm a t1t' Cortez is likely to be reffing this match-up. Looks like the work of Golden Boy. Anyone want to review their prediction of a Peterson victory?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17687155

ChelskiFanski

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 3:30 pm

I'll go further and say Petersen can only win by knockout!!!!!!!!!

Last time being in Washington the judges were confused as to who to give the close rounds....hometown or the bigger fighter???

After the furore of last time, Vegas setting, and all the politics...have no doubts a la Marquez-Manny..

khan wins because of his clout....

Can Petersen stop him??? Couldn't hurt him last time so.............Nope..

Khan late............for me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 12 Apr 2012, 3:40 pm

I'd be seriously concerned by this if I was Peterson.

Vital for Peterson to get Cortez chucked out. He must realise that. He shouldn't fight unless he gets a new ref imo.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 3:58 pm

You should be happy Cortez is refereeing....

After all Khan is English...therefore.. you'll no doubt be supporting him like everybody else on here!!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:44 pm

Sadly there are so many things to beat Khan with if he wins this fight it's worrying, there will be people who say Cortez favoured Khan, Khan could win every second of every round and some people will say he won because he's the bigger name.

Wonder if he stops Peterson will people say that Cortez jumped in to quickly or did a quick count.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelskiFanski Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:45 pm

Unfortunately Hampo, I think you are right.

Doesn't detract from the fact that Cortez has been given yet another high profile fight despite being a poor referee.

ChelskiFanski

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:51 pm

You're wrong Hampo............

If Khan slaps Petersen around it'll be quite the contrary...he'll have the first fight removed from the memory as a blip!!! and he will be able to carry on calling the greats around him Cowards and continue to basically annoy everybody with his lack of class...

Picking up huge unwarranted kudos and big paydays...

The martyr-dom of Khan I'm sure can happen in the future no doubt..

"If he was white etc"......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tobbox Thu 12 Apr 2012, 5:01 pm

Khan is going to dominate Peterson this time, I think. Lamont doesn't have the power to bother him, and I see Khan jabbing and moving his way to a wide decision win.

tobbox

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 12 Apr 2012, 7:42 pm

I still have confidence in Lamont, i questioned his heart and ability in previous outings and to be honest i wasn't a fan. This makes me wonder if it really was a one off performance or if i'm overating Khan. I was really impressed with how he changed tactics early after taking a pummeling, he showed great heart. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is victorious again, but it will be another hard fight whatever the outcome.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Thu 12 Apr 2012, 10:02 pm

Khan was unlucky not to get the nod the first time they fought,I thought he won and only the harsh decisions by the ref robbed him of victory. I expect him to make sure this time and win by stoppage in the later rounds.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 12 Apr 2012, 10:14 pm

Whoever wins, one thing for sure is that it will be an exciting fight. The only boring fight I've seen Kahn in is with that Irish fella who was there just to spoil. Thankfully the ref did the paying public a favour for stopping it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 12 Apr 2012, 10:44 pm

Have a feeling Khan is really going to step on it from the off and take Peterson early, he has always looked very vulnerable in the first few rounds.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Thu 12 Apr 2012, 11:21 pm

azania wrote:Whoever wins, one thing for sure is that it will be an exciting fight. The only boring fight I've seen Kahn in is with that Irish fella who was there just to spoil. Thankfully the ref did the paying public a favour for stopping it.

Laugh now I see why people say you slyly wum.

There's quite a few avid McCloskey fans on here!

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next