The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan, Peterson and Goldenpimp!

+4
JabMachineMK2
azania
lfc91
ONETWOFOREVER
8 posters

Go down

Khan, Peterson and Goldenpimp! Empty Khan, Peterson and Goldenpimp!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 15 Jul 2012, 9:36 am

Well Khan gets beaten and by a B level fighter in Garcia but there is no PED controversy and no mysterious man in hat fiasco. This defeat puts the Peterson fight into perspective. Khan is looking past his opponents too much dreaming about Floyd its foolish to even think he is an elite fighter like Manny and Floyd.

I think Goldenpimp ODLH should take some of the blame because he keeps doing this. He told Ortiz he was ready to take Floyd and the boy imploded in the ring. He promised Ortiz Canelo and look what happened. He is working behind the scenes to make the Khan v Floyd fight but if he really cared for his fighter he would want Khan to fix the problems that are so apparent to us all.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Khan, Peterson and Goldenpimp! Empty Re: Khan, Peterson and Goldenpimp!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 15 Jul 2012, 12:28 pm

This is a great thread ONETWO.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 15 Jul 2012, 1:00 pm

Totally agree that khan and ortiz were concentrating more on there next fight so both overlooked the men standing infront of them, bad mistake in boxing because look what happens!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 1:04 pm

I don't agree that Khan was focusing on his next opponent. He was asked about Floyd and he answered. I don't even think Garcia's father got under his skin. The bottom line is as I have said for ages, Khan doesn't have a jab. He goes in, throws rapid flurries and moves back. Fair enough, it works. But that leaves himself wide open to counters.

Once again, I said Khan should leave Roach and move to a trainer who can teach him to use his vast attributes. Roach has a tendency of teaching his charges to fight like Manny. Horses for courses. Khan has the potential to develop a good and effective jab but negates it.

On the plus side, he has gonads, never shies away from the best and always delivers good fights.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jul 2012, 1:23 pm

I agree with Az here, I don't think Khan was looking beyond Garcia. He just got beat by a better fighter and has a poor chin.

From what I saw, he only spoke of Floyd when asked a direct question just as Az said.

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sun 15 Jul 2012, 1:27 pm

If a fighter gets asked about their future they have to seem optimistic, otherwise they're defeatist. Khan didn't come out and start the Floyd Mayweather hype, its journalism.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 15 Jul 2012, 5:25 pm

I don't think he actually got beaten by a better fighter, I think Khans actually better than Garcia, just got pancaked, if that makes any sense.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 5:26 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:I don't think he actually got beaten by a better fighter, I think Khans actually better than Garcia, just got pancaked, if that makes any sense.

I think what you're looking for is that he got beat by a less skilled fighter.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 15 Jul 2012, 5:28 pm

Pretty much, I think most of the time, Khan would beat Garcia, this was just the time he walked into the big shot.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jul 2012, 5:32 pm

From what I've read on this forum, it seems that Khan needs to develop a jab and needs to learn how to fight on the inside. When he got knocked down he should have stayed down a little rather than jump up immediately, he needed to give himself the maximum amount of time to recover. However even after the round break he was effectively defenceless. Not sure how one can overcome a glass chin, but the first thing to do is to avoid being hit. Floyd Mayweather hardly ever gets hit. Khan didn't even get hit flush on the chin, he was hit in the neck mainly, behind the ear.

Khan is still only 25 so potential he has another ten - fifteen years left in the business.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 15 Jul 2012, 5:34 pm

I see Froch has had a go at Khan again saying he should retire. Why does Froch have such a hatred of Khan? The way he attacks Khan with such gusto it sounds to me like Froch might have a few dodgy issues like something John Terry could be accused of!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 15 Jul 2012, 5:47 pm

Super D Boon wrote:I see Froch has had a go at Khan again saying he should retire. Why does Froch have such a hatred of Khan? The way he attacks Khan with such gusto it sounds to me like Froch might have a few dodgy issues like something John Terry could be accused of!

Give it a rest, you're so see-through. You're becoming more and more biased.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 15 Jul 2012, 5:53 pm

This is the third or fourth thread that you've said the same thing ONETWO?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 15 Jul 2012, 5:54 pm

Ducked the result all day and have only just finished watching the fight - I'm truly in shock about what I've just seen, for a number of reasons.

First off, I just didn't anticipate that kind of power from Garcia. Each time I'd seen him before he seemed anything but a huge puncher, but rather just someone who was extremely aggressive with those shots that they did throw.

Next, I was frankly alarmed at Khan's (for want of a better word, but knowing that a better word wouldn't be appropriate) stupidity. He was damn lucky to avoid being stopped in the third - I thought Bayliss was very kind to him - but then had the sheer foolishness to showboat, trade, wing punches up from his boot laces and act for the cameras in the fourth, all while taking a constant pounding.

I fully expect Khan to feature in quite a few more world title fights in the future, be they at 140 lb or Welterweight, but something needs to change once again, and needs to change drastically. I can't fault his obvious work ethic in the gym or ambition to test himself, but there are some alarmingly awful personality / ego traits which crop up again, again and again.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 5:58 pm

Nore Staat wrote:From what I've read on this forum, it seems that Khan needs to develop a jab and needs to learn how to fight on the inside. When he got knocked down he should have stayed down a little rather than jump up immediately, he needed to give himself the maximum amount of time to recover. However even after the round break he was effectively defenceless. Not sure how one can overcome a glass chin, but the first thing to do is to avoid being hit. Floyd Mayweather hardly ever gets hit. Khan didn't even get hit flush on the chin, he was hit in the neck mainly, behind the ear.

Khan is still only 25 so potential he has another ten - fifteen years left in the business.

Some boxers can fight on the inside. Many can't. Ali was terrible on the inside. Khan has very good fundermentals. He needs to learn how to throw a jab with authority. And for goodness sake, quit these ambush attacks. Lead off the jab.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 5:59 pm

School Project wrote:This is the third or fourth thread that you've said the same thing ONETWO?

He's found a new angle to say the same thing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 6:00 pm

Super D Boon wrote:I see Froch has had a go at Khan again saying he should retire. Why does Froch have such a hatred of Khan? The way he attacks Khan with such gusto it sounds to me like Froch might have a few dodgy issues like something John Terry could be accused of!

P off.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down