The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys v Munster Pro12 Semi Final match thread

+49
Comfort
Huwball
Goosestepper
profitius
Cardiff Dave
Valleyboy
The Great Aukster
21st Century Schizoid Man
Thomond
Liam
Taffineastbourne
J_D
Imperialbigdave
Rava
IanBru
GunsGerms
doctor_grey
mckay1402
asoreleftshoulder
LondonTiger
valjester
The Boss
Artful_Dodger
LemonyVodka5
rodders
Morgannwg
eirebilly
red_stag
MMC
Mickado
Cari
Rory_Gallagher
Shifty
LordDowlais
Breadvan
SecretFly
glamorganalun
MrsP
Gibson
LeinsterFan4life
sheephead
Jenifer McLadyboy
Feckless Rogue
maestegmafia
Notch
geoff998rugby
thebluesmancometh
Pot Hale
mrzimmerman
53 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Ospreys v Munster Pro12 Semi Final match thread - Page 4 Empty Ospreys v Munster Pro12 Semi Final match thread

Post by mrzimmerman Mon 07 May 2012, 2:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Teams announced;

Ospreys

15 Richard Fussell
14 Hanno Dirksen
13 Andrew Bishop
12 Ashley Beck
11 Shane Williams
10 Dan Biggar
9 Kahn Fotuali'i
1 Paul James
2 Richard Hibbard
3 Adam Jones
4 Alun Wyn Jones (Capt)
5 Ian Evans
6 Ryan Jones
7 Justin Tipuric
8 Joe Bearman

Replacements:

16 Scott Baldwin
17 Ryan Bevington
18 Aaron Jarvis
19 James King
20 Tom Smith
21 Rhys Webb
22 Matthew Morgan
23 Tom Isaacs

Munster: F Jones; J Murphy, K Earls, L Mafi, S Zebo; I Keatley, C Murray; W du Preez, M Sherry, BJ Botha; D O'Callaghan, M O'Driscoll; D Ryan, T O'Donnell, P O'Mahony.

Replacements: D Fogarty, D Kilcoyne, S Archer, Dave O'Callaghan, P Butler, T O'Leary, R O'Gara, I Dineen.

Big game Friday night. Any other Welsh region would be underdogs against one of the 3 main Irish teams in a big match either home or away BUT the Ospreys aren't. Reason being they aren't afraid of Munster, Leinster or Ulster as results this year have shown. The home side are favourites(this was further cemented by POC being announced as injured for the match). Saying this, there's no way that Munster will fear travelling to the Liberty. They are a strong, physical unit and will be desperate to win the Pro12 and retain their Celtic league crown.

I'm hoping for a flowing game but think both teams will play to their strengths in their respective packs. Where as to an extent the other semi is a David v Goliath I'd say this is far more evenly matched.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's views on the likely teams, key battles and anything else related.

Will update the post with teams as announced tomorrow. Have removed the dr strangelove ref from the title of the thread, got fed up of seeing it after a while.

Last edited by georgestowersbiceps on Thu 10 May 2012, 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : the teams)

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Ospreys v Munster Pro12 Semi Final match thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Ospreys v Munster Pro12 Semi Final match thread

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 8:16 pm

Pot - aye deffo a couple of borderline ones, am surprised Rolland hasn't called anything.

Back to top Go down

Ospreys v Munster Pro12 Semi Final match thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Ospreys v Munster Pro12 Semi Final match thread

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 8:18 pm

comedy or errors or what!

Munster have to score here surely....

an no, knock on!

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 11 May 2012, 8:18 pm

O'Callaghan just blew a certain Munster try. You draw the defender and pass- always draw the man then give the pass!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 8:19 pm

oh ho! on 2nd viewing, Mr Ryan Jones warning hand in the ruck there, for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri 11 May 2012, 8:19 pm

Ospreys hands on the deck there caused that knock on.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 11 May 2012, 8:19 pm

Rich that Munster fans complain about some of the things that they are, I guess a stronger team disrupts the illegal play and it doesn't go down well back at Limerick. Save ref comments until after the game, at least us Welsh have the decency to do that. Very Happy
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri 11 May 2012, 8:22 pm

Munsters protection of the ball and scrumhalf has been poor so far,making it very hard on themselves.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 8:23 pm

O'Mahoney is not looking good....

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri 11 May 2012, 8:23 pm

Morgannwg wrote: Save ref comments until after the game, at least us Welsh have the decency to do that. Very Happy

Lol liar.

Last edited by asoreleftshoulder on Fri 11 May 2012, 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 11 May 2012, 8:23 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:O'Mahoney is not looking good....

What are you on about?

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 11 May 2012, 8:24 pm

3 excellent tries so far. They say the Rabo is pointless, don't they...

Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 11 May 2012, 8:24 pm

The key tactical thing in this game is the Ospreys have identified Conor Murray as the weak link in the Munster side. Disrupt him, disrupt Munster. They've given away a few silly penalties for offside getting to him but by and large they've done a great job of rattling him. He's been scragged far too many times.

Reddan to start in New Zealand. Murray will get eaten alive by their back row.

Oh, what a try from the Ospreys! The scoreline now is by no means an unfair reflection on the game. Munster have been poor.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 8:24 pm

What a try from a turnover!! clap brilliant game!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 11 May 2012, 8:25 pm

Jebus - Munster are woeful. They look half hearted in this match. And hand a present to Ospreys for another try.

The second half is not going to be pretty of the men n red.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 8:25 pm

valjester wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:O'Mahoney is not looking good....

What are you on about?

He was down injured for a bit.

HT 23 - 10, good lead for the O's, hope they can kick on and score more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 11 May 2012, 8:25 pm

Yes, there were a lot of comments exchanged 3 out of the 4 times Scarlets have played Munster this season. They are weak up front and struggle at the breakdown though. Ospreys are not.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 11 May 2012, 8:26 pm

Notch wrote:The key tactical thing in this game is the Ospreys have identified Conor Murray as the weak link in the Munster side. Disrupt him, disrupt Munster. They've given away a few silly penalties for offside getting to him but by and large they've done a great job of rattling him. He's been scragged far too many times.

Reddan to start in New Zealand. Murray will get eaten alive by their back row.

Oh, what a try from the Ospreys! The scoreline now is by no means an unfair reflection on the game. Munster have been poor.

That has as much to do with Munster's ruck protection being non existant, as to do with anything to do with Murray.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 11 May 2012, 8:27 pm

This is why Ospreys HEC performances are so frustrating. They have been very impressive so far
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 11 May 2012, 8:27 pm

Nice try. Slick.
I think the commentator got the best of himself there. "The way it was when we were kids, the way it used to be"

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 11 May 2012, 8:27 pm

I commented earlier that Munster looked disinterested. I think back to the game against Northampton away where their heart and team spirit is what allowed them to thrash the Saints. Do you miss O'Connell this badly?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 11 May 2012, 8:27 pm

Looks like it could be a hammering.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 11 May 2012, 8:27 pm

True, Murray has zero protection from his forwards. It really has been a disappointing performance from Munster. Can't see them coming back.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 11 May 2012, 8:29 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Rich that Munster fans complain about some of the things that they are, I guess a stronger team disrupts the illegal play and it doesn't go down well back at Limerick. Save ref comments until after the game, at least us Welsh have the decency to do that. Very Happy

So it's ok for non Munster fans to complain then? Smile

Ospreys very lucky to have Rolland in charge so far.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 8:30 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:Rich that Munster fans complain about some of the things that they are, I guess a stronger team disrupts the illegal play and it doesn't go down well back at Limerick. Save ref comments until after the game, at least us Welsh have the decency to do that. Very Happy

Laugh

I love comments like this. Shows that all fans, no matter where they are from/who they support will always have an issue with a ref. All in the eye of the beholder (as it were) Wink

Rolland's little blips are evening themselves out I think, but he is officiating much better then I've seen him do for months.

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 11 May 2012, 8:30 pm

Sherry is having a nightmare which is a pity as any time I've seen him in the past he has been excellent.
O'Driscoll is really poor, as is Doc. Pom should be calling the lineout or at least be getting more ball called
to him.

Munster forwards lack of power means they can't compete with the Ospreys at the breakdown even though
Pom has made a few decent turnovers. The Ospreys are getting away with a lot of smart illegal play at the
breakdown, but like I say its smart play and fair play to them for getting away with it. Munster back play is Poopie
as usual. The sooner ROG is gone the better for the team.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 11 May 2012, 8:33 pm

Morgannwg wrote:I commented earlier that Munster looked disinterested. I think back to the game against Northampton away where their heart and team spirit is what allowed them to thrash the Saints. Do you miss O'Connell this badly?

In fairness to them they have a lot of injuries but Ireland and Munster both suffer hugely when O'Connell is injured. He is able to make the team play better as a whole and for individual players to up their game as well so he is a huge loss.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 11 May 2012, 8:33 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:

Laugh

I love comments like this. Shows that all fans, no matter where they are from/who they support will always have an issue with a ref. All in the eye of the beholder (as it were) Wink

Rolland's little blips are evening themselves out I think, but he is officiating much better then I've seen him do for months.

Or is he just whistling against the 'right team' this time? Whistle

Nah, but seriously, I tweeted earlier he's having a good game tonight. OK
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 11 May 2012, 8:34 pm

Why, of WHY do the BBC insist on putting this 'Red Zone' audio rubbish over the Scrum V coverage on the red button?

I'd like to hear some commentary on the game, not ridiculously Poopie jokes.

I'm having to mute my TV, and listen to Radio Wales on my laptop. Not ideal.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 11 May 2012, 8:35 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:

Laugh

True.

Hey you're the ones who bought this Irish ref not us. Hasn't worked out well so far then? Wink

You are not the only individual and Munster are not the only team to have taken issue with Rollands performance.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 11 May 2012, 8:36 pm

valjester wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:I commented earlier that Munster looked disinterested. I think back to the game against Northampton away where their heart and team spirit is what allowed them to thrash the Saints. Do you miss O'Connell this badly?

In fairness to them they have a lot of injuries but Ireland and Munster both suffer hugely when O'Connell is injured. He is able to make the team play better as a whole and for individual players to up their game as well so he is a huge loss.

Having seen Munsters A team I think they will cope well with any further injuries going into next season.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 11 May 2012, 8:39 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
valjester wrote:

Having seen Munsters A team I think they will cope well with any further injuries going into next season.

Their big problem is Rog, since he has come on today Munster have gotten worse. His kicking isnt even worth having in the team any more because he has lost so much distance on his kick.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 11 May 2012, 8:40 pm

Aw, great chance for Zebo goes begging.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 8:40 pm

why kick?! there was a massive overlap! aaaah!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 11 May 2012, 8:42 pm

FFS. Another scrum half waving his hands around milking a penalty.

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 11 May 2012, 8:43 pm

RTE commentators already talking about how Munster have 'blooded players and it will stand to them next year'. All true, fine sentiments, but not what they'd be saying if Munster had a chance of winning this game.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 11 May 2012, 8:43 pm

Scotlands best ever player. God could we do with Andy Irvine now...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 11 May 2012, 8:47 pm

Wow - Munster's front row have collapsed - in every sense. Botha doesn't even look annoyed. Mwhy isn't someone giving him a kick in his arsse?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 8:49 pm

Aha O's applying the usual Irish "choke" tactic and getting the penalty! Ryan didn't look like he enjoyed that Very Happy

O's forwards playing a stormer so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 11 May 2012, 8:50 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Wow - Munster's front row have collapsed - in every sense. Botha doesn't even look annoyed. Mwhy isn't someone giving him a kick in his arsse?

He went to Munster for bigger money and a bigger chance to win Heineken Cups. It shows, to be honest. The money is already in his account and the Heineken Cup is gone.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 11 May 2012, 8:50 pm

Pot Hale you are not enjoying that match are you?

I know how you feel after being a fan of Welsh rugby for years.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 8:51 pm

AWJ, is a beaut of a player this evening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 11 May 2012, 8:52 pm

Ospreys so clearly want this more. The disparity in intensity between the two sets of forwards... They are much more deserving of a place in the Final.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 11 May 2012, 8:53 pm

Wow.

Fuggin champagne rugby from the Ospreys! Champions elect!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 8:53 pm

hate the dive over the line but what a cracking try!!

O's playing a blinder clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 11 May 2012, 8:53 pm

Is Dave O'Callaghan a 2nd row, and is he big enough for that position? I thought he looked very good at 7 for Munster A.

Another nice try by the way, OSpreys.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 11 May 2012, 8:54 pm

On this form, how many Munster players should go on tour in June?

Lovely try taken by Ospreys.

This is abject from the munstermen.

Where's Hanno Dirksen from?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 11 May 2012, 8:55 pm

Boom! Thats the ball game. It's not even going to be close. It's all gone wrong for Munster tonight.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 11 May 2012, 8:55 pm

Mickado wrote:Wow.

Champs elect will require them to beat Glasgow for the first time this season or beat Leinster for the third time this season. Smile
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 8:55 pm

Notch wrote:Ospreys so clearly want this more. The disparity in intensity between the two sets of forwards... They are much more deserving of a place in the Final.

Munster looked like they did want it to begin with, but I've been quite disappointed how their heads have dropped since going behind though. They look leaderless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 11 May 2012, 8:55 pm

Mickado wrote:Wow.

Laugh

Mind games have already started for the Final #RaceToBeUnderdog

Last edited by Notch on Fri 11 May 2012, 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next