The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rafachat : If ...

+14
Mrs L
sonic_boom10
legendkillar
AFCWomble42
Marcus
Haddie-nuff
socal1976
vernonbc
tennisluvver
Solerina
cats_r_cool
rafandready
denzilsmom
Wooffie
18 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Rafachat : If ... - Page 3 Empty Rafachat : If ...

Post by Wooffie Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

... you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Its the greatest of all tournaments, in the most classic of settings, and our boy is the defending Champion. All eyes will be on Rafa when he takes that walk of tradition and opens The Championships at Wimbledon, in this its 125th year. Along with him, it will be one of our proudest moments to see him take his place in the opening match to open the tournament proper, an honour that injury denied him of in 2009 (although will Wimbers evah be the same again after gold lamé bags and a white ice cream Thunderbird suit??).

Lets hope that Rafa's recent Slam triumph in Paris gives him back some of the confidence and equilibrium he needs. So its champagne and strawberries at the ready ... and "all aboard" the latest ride on the Rafarollercoaster!! Ooooo I say, Rafa! and VAMOS!!

Last edited by Wooffie on Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:27 pm; edited 10 times in total
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Rafachat : If ... - Page 3 Empty Re: Rafachat : If ...

Post by Wooffie Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:55 pm

Evening lovely Womble Hug Marcus ... I am very pleased with that scoreline although I worried that the goal just might not come. <breathless> with the thought about what United stand on the verge off.

Anyhow ... oh Womble. If we didn't groan enough in the past about Rafa's serve, its getting even more worrying now. At the USO, did we all think, finally! Rafa has a serve ... but ... shall we just say its all part of the "joy" <cough> of following Rafa ... Erm

I loved Parc Guell ... it reminded me of walking through the Enchanted Forest and finding Hansel and Gretl's gingerbread house at the end. I fear the Rafateers may sack me from my bossy itinerary if we do Barcelona next year as we would be doing this sort of stuff in overload. :run2: But one of my favourite, favourite things in Barcelona is the German Pavilion which houses the iconic Barcelona Chair. For the record, Rafa had one of those in his room in the Monte Carlo Bay Hotel ... and he tossed his clothes over it !!!!! Sacriledge. :spank:

I remember that match against Nole in Hamburg very well. A huge test for Rafa at the time, but did he come through in the end or what?? In some ways I would like to get this Nole test out of the way ...
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by AFCWomble42 Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:30 am

Good morning - a quick visit before heading off for my last full day in Barcelona.

On the serve, Wooffie, I sort of think he really pushed it to the limit to get the elusive USO and that then gave him some shoulder problems that meant he pulled out of the Paris Masters. I guess they've been tinkering with it ever since, trying to get a decent balance of power and reliability, but the tinkering is likely leading to the current uncertainties. They'll get there in the end, but in the meantim there is bound to me a match somewhere along the line where he can't just break back again at will - just have to hope that doesn't happen when it's really important.

With regard to Nole, I'll certainly be a lot happier if by the next time he plays Rafa, he's lost to someone else first and so is no longer Mr Invincible.

AFCWomble42

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:40 am

Have no fear Rafateers... there is a lot of hype coming from the Djokovic camp... he is has more reason to be fearful of Rafa on clay than vice versa.. Im sure Rafa´s camp has been expecting this .. in view of the last two results against Novak.. but I have every confidence in the boy..Novak is not Mr Invincible and he knows it... but he would like us to believe otherwise. Like two boxers squaring up to each other Rafachat : If ... - Page 3 496889 He may go out gunning for Rafa but Im sure Rafa has his own strategy... Rafachat : If ... - Page 3 1479719350 Have no fear Rafa´s here

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:54 am

Just dropped in to say hello to the Rafateers, hope you are enjoying Rafa's rampage through the clay court season. Have to agree with Haddie, don't think Rafa has too much to fear from anyone on clay. God I hope Novak and Rafa play in the madrid final.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:54 pm

Good afternoon all lovely Rafateers!! Hug Ladies Hug hello socal 👋

Its "crackin' the flags" outside up here today ... 8)

In some ways, I think I wish this Nole thing would just burst. This constant speculation and stuff, and yes Womble, I'm starting to think I'd rather someone got to him first before he faced Rafa. I've just done my trawl of my favourite sites and Nole is everywhere. Yesterday we had him aping Rafa's shirtless pose from Hello, today I've seen him and the other Serbian players being given a Diplomatic passport (which is fair enough, what do I know ... all infront of a huge painting of Nole though), and there's many pictures of him out on the streets of Belgrade hanging with the "normal people" and being followed around by a camera crew.

socal ... what do you think?? Is he on some massive publicity campaign?? Is Benito on over-drive???

Anyway ... back to the lovely shores of Mallorca and have you seen the pictures of Rafa with the family as they go and see Grandpa conduct a children's opera?? Yes Rafan .... O P E R A laughing

Here's a brief sample (from a safe place Wink ) ...

Rafa and Grandpa ... awwwww

Rafa and his ladies ... awwww again ...

Rafa with cousins hanging off him ...

Can we cope with any more Rafa cuteness???

LOVing the sneakers by the way Rafa ... heart
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:54 pm

PS. Hope you have a great last day in Barcelona, Womble. Hug
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Good afternoon Rafateers Hug Halfway through our 3 day week!

Have you seen the stuff about Rafa attending the concert which was conducted by his grandfather? There are some lovely pictures of Rafa and his family on VB. If only I could channel Rafa and love children like he does <sigh>. They're just not as cute as puppies are they? laughing

Wooffs you just beat me to it!
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:00 pm

Thing is...this is how I know me and Rafa will nevah be compatible. Children and opera <shudders>
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:09 pm

Rafa has impeccable taste ... Very Happy

Will someone shoot the whiny, attention-seeking, dipsy dolly, Soooooffffieeeee who sits behind me and has currently got the males' attention regaling her tales of au pairs and their various nationalities that helped raise her and what a "good effort" it was of her Dad to cop off with one. Doh
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:17 pm

Wooffie, I think Novak has always been the type of guy who likes attention and also likes to laugh and have fun. The media are fickle, they have been pumping up the Rafa and Roger rivalry and now that a new guy is in the mix this peeks their curiosity. Plus starting out the year 24-0 and 5-0 against Rafa and Roger has further amped up the media frenzy, and Novak is the kind of guy that laps up the attention. Personally, I am a Novak fan but I know that if Rafa plays him on clay he will be the favorite, since Rafa is clearly the best we have seen on the surface. But, in away I hope Novak doesn't get carried away with the streak too much because that shouldn't be his main goal. His main goal should be #1 ranking and more grandslams. Plus, this is the ATP tour you can go out tomorrow and lose to a guy who is ranked number 126 in the world (it happens even to the best of them) and then the same media vultures who are singing your praise will tear you apart.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:50 pm

socal ... I like Nole, and I suppose its been part of his charm that he is confident and funny, and great with the media and he jokes around and stuff and is essentially a "character". The sport does need characters, but I guess we all have our own fine line as to when we think someone might be on the verge of crossing it. I'm sure he is emminently comfortable with all the attention, but he should heed something Rafa said in the Neil Harman interview, in that tennis against the top guys is just a matter of 3 or 4 points. And Rafa says that sometimes he will lose those 3 or 4 points, even on clay. Nole won those 3 points in the TB in Miami and so his streak continued ... it might not have been so, it was actually that close. I know the media are jumping on him as the future No. 1 (you should watch Sky TV), and they will be unbearable if he won in say Madrid. But Nole's still a way off it yet. And I'm starting to shift about him a bit at the minute.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Likewise.

I thought Nole had matured but im getting a sense of nah nah na na nah about him at the moment. Remember the old saying "one swallow does not make a summer" Nole two close wins against Rafa on hc does not make you the King of Clay Its one thing sayng it quite another proving it.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:48 pm

I'm trying to stay open about this, Haddie, and there's nothing wrong in being confident, and re-reading his interview that you posted yesterday, I don't think he's said anything disrespectful towards Rafa. Socal does have a point that the media are now jumping all over him and he's not shy with getting the attention.

I will be grateful when this match has been played. But it should be remembered that other than last year, Rafa had a clay Masters loss in 2007, 2008, and 2009 along with that result at the FO. The set up was different in 2005 & 2006. So its not as if he's never been beaten on clay.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Good afternoon all my luvverly Rafateers Hug

As always...lovely photos of Rafa and family.....children do seem to respond to him very easily heart

I'm also hoping that this Nole nonsense will be done and dusted soon. There's no arguement that he's a great player, and this year has had the mother of all runs....on H/C...but we'll have to see how the clay goes.

Rafa knows what's expected of him and now he has 2 titles under his belt, will probably feel better about his tennis. Considering he had a setback at the beginning of the year, he's done well to get to those 2 H/C finals, and win his 2 Clay events...especially with that bloomin' serve Doh

Hopefully he'll look forward to the Nole challenge, and if he does come up short at Rome or Madrid, better that than losing at Roland Garros.

Nole is a show off, and loves all the attention which is ideal for the media, who are in danger of losing the other Golden Goose in Tennis...the Roger/Rafa rivalary...so bring on Nole, who's never short of anything to say, and they just lap it up, as they do with the " I can still get back to no 1 " from Roger. In the middle of all this is our boy, who never takes it for granted, and is so understated at times, it makes you wonder how he goes out on that court and wins so much....thank god for Rafa, who lets his Tennis do the talking, and knows he's only as good as his last game Very Happy

Meanwhile on Sky.......all the old bunkum will be trotted out, and Croft will sit there crossing and uncrossing her legs in another unsuitable outfit Rolling Eyes

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:01 pm

I take on board what you are saying wooffie and Im not saying that Nole is saying anything disrespectful.. however its not what he says but rather what he doesnt.. and I think he has made no attempt to defuse the comments that are being made i.e. "I never said it they did" !!! it would have been to his credit had he have played it down as being hype by the media. On the other hand I think he knows exactly what he is doing... yep me being cynical if you like Rafachat : If ... - Page 3 57983
But If Ive sussed it Im sure our boy and Uncle T has

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Bravo Denzy!!! Hug <applause> <applause>

... and I too, understand what you're saying Haddie. thumbsup
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Ladies, I personally don't see too much wrong with the comments Nole has been making. I mean the guy came out and send Rafa is the greatest player ever and a good friend. Nole said he thought he could beat Nadal on clay, if you are a top player and you don't think you can beat anyone on any surface then you have no reason to be out there. And Haddie, I don't know why you are reading so negatively into Nole's comments. He has said over and over again Rafa is the best, and the best on clay. When asked if he thinks he can beat Nadal on clay he said he could. Was it incumbent on him to say no, I will lose.

Rafa is having a great season and will remain the king of clay. The players have a friendly rivalry I really don't know what has brought on this negative feeling towards Novak. And besides Novak saying Rafa is the king of Clay and the greatest player ever, i don't know what other nice things he could say.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:04 pm

Socal I dont find the need to explain myself further ..... Ive always believed that less is more ( he doesnt need to say it over and over again) He made his point the first time. Its hype. But as I said I dont mind you calling me a cynic, many have done before and doubtless will again. Ive got broad shoulders Rafachat : If ... - Page 3 1479719350 We will now sit back and see what happens

NB a fine line divides a cynic from a realist.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:10 pm

You are free of course to have any opinion you like, but really I mean did you not see the Miami acceptance speech when he said Rafa is the greatest player ever? That to me seems like quite a respectful acknowledgement of Rafa's efforts. I would like to ask you though, what would you have preferred Novak to say if someone asks him does he think he can beat Nadal, what would have been a more appropriate answer?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:30 pm

Socal we have had some very interesting debates on this forum. Some of which we have agreed and some we haven´t I have acknowledged that I like Djokovic and as a player I have enormous respect for him.
I have also acknowledged that over recent months he has matured a great deal ... but he still has some growing to do. I have my opinion of Novak as a person if he gets to No1. and the King of Clay..I wish him well... I can only hope that he is capable of wearing that crown with the same modesty and grace as Rafa has .......... Rafachat : If ... - Page 3 1479719350 enough said I think

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Yes, no problem with me. I like both guys a great deal, and no one questions that Rafa has exceptional sportsmanship and manners compounded with his great game. He is truely a special player and person. But as you say everyone is going to have different personalities, you prefer one I prefer the other. My biggest hope this season actually is that both players remain healthy and play each other a few classic finals with big trophies at stake. Novak still has a lot to prove on a clay court he is 0-9. But if he keeps playing well I like his chances in Madrid.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:40 pm

The more I'm learning about Rafa, through reading this forum, the more I'm liking him.

He seems to have a very good outlook on life...... I hope he can stay at the top of his game for many years to come : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:05 pm

Evening Solerina, that's a nice comment Hug

Hi socal Hug Listen, you pop along anytime and have a chat. We like it. The thing is with Nole, as a group, we've always tended to like him. In fact, Denzy has been on the receiving end of some of his cheeky chappy charm. Wink For me, its a great thing for tennis that he's stepped out of the Fedal shadow, and become a better player and a challenger. Even if its <yikesy> for our Rafa. I would at least like the boy to enjoy 1 straight year at the top. thumbsup

Now we're all Rafa fans on here to our various degrees, and no, its not just the tennis ... is him. And I'm sure the ladies know exactly what I mean by just saying that one word ... its him. Its just the person he is, his manner, his humility etc. and all that combined is what makes us his fans. And no amount of fame, money, media attention and the like seems to change him one little bit. And that's what we love.

The media is a very dangerous thing and no-one wants players to be made out of exactly the same mould, but it can be intoxicating, I think, to a character such as Nole. And I think he should be enjoying his moment, but to tread carefully with his public persona. That's all. Very Happy
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by AFCWomble42 Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:53 pm

Good evening Rafateers. Yes, I had really nice day in Barcelona today, thanks Wooffie, although the city is a little bit manic tonight because of the football.

The pictures of Rafa at the opera or whatever it was are just lovely and, yes, he is great with children, isn't he ? I noticed that he signed and signed and kept on signing for them in the tournament here.

I see Nole won again today (as did Feli by some sort of miracle) so the streak continues. I've got no problem with what he's said. I wouldn't expect any professional player to say they expect to lose a match they haven't played yet. I just think it would have been a little bit smarter to say something along the lines of "I will try my best, but it will be very difficult, noh ?" The fact is that he will have a dip at some point and even Roger at his absolute peak in 2004-2006 lost 7-8 matches a year. The issue is peaking at the right time. Nole has done that over the last 8 months, but can he continue doing it throughout the year ? I don't think he's quite nailed on for the grand slam quite yet.

AFCWomble42

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:42 am

Thanks for the kind post Wooffie. I would be interested to know what was that incident of cheeky charm that denzy was subjected to. Anyway, I respect Haddie's passion, I guess she is the kind of woman that you just don't mess with her man. It is quite honorable actually.

As I have said before Rafa isn't my favorite but I do really like the guy and his game. If Novak can't be number #1, then there isn't another player on tour I would rather see hold the mantle.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:37 am

Likewise socal if "my man" has to lose his crown to someone on tour then let it be Novak Rafachat : If ... - Page 3 732107

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:33 am

Morning all lovely Rafateers!! Hug

What a beautiful day we have up here in the Sunny Norff. Its the last day of our "working week", we have a long weekend to look forward to and a lovely wedding tomorrow to indulge ourselves in. Hurrah!! Yahoo

How are you all today?? Smile
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:45 am

Good morning Rafateers Hug

It is so <brr> today! 5 degrees in the car this morning. This is the perfect lesson for "cast ne'er a clout 'til May is out!" <shiver>

Did anyone watch the match last night? What a disappointment! Terrible play acting by both sides, bad attitude from Mourinho, it all got right on my pip! I wanted Madrid to win at first but after hearing about the press conference and then his behaviour on the touchline I was glad Barcelona did it <harrumph>!

I was reading about the Olympics in the paper today – apparently 20 million people have applied for 6.6 million tickets, and tennis is one of the sports where "most sessions" sold out. Into the ballot we go then Shocked. Not bad for an exhibition sport, eh? laughing

And so to Rafa. It appears he has arrived in Madrid, though I haven't yet seen any pictures of him at the match last night. I'm not sure whether the draw for Madrid takes place tomorrow night or Saturday morning, but we can do our picks from Saturday middayish (it says from Saturday AM Eastern Time, and we are 5 hours ahead of that).

And so to work…kiss
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:53 am

Its wonderful here at the moment sky so blue you can scoop it out with a spoon as the saying goes.. 21deg and rising as I speak. Im busy doing nothing (plenty of that to do) I might even snatch a siesta later Rafachat : If ... - Page 3 263681790 Life is so hectic Rafachat : If ... - Page 3 769663

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:01 am

<envy>
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:02 am

Morning Rafan Hug

I watched that debacle of a "match" last night. And what a shower that turned out to be. I'm sure if Rafa was there, then he would be very disappointed about how it all panned out. That is not what you would expect of Real Madrid team, never. And with the players they have, there is no need for it either. I'm also very disappointed in Jose as although a bit of referee intimidation and winding players up seemed to work for Madrid last week, they employed more of those bad tactics and unsettling Barcelona and getting in their faces, rather than playing the actual game. And it all back-fired ... dramatically. So it serves them right ... but at least two elements of footballing genius won the day. It wouldn't surprise me if they are not calling for Jose's head in the media today either. Anyhow ... <puts sheepskin coat away>, here endeth Juanita Motson's analysis. So its looking like a potential United vs. Barca final ... Erm

I'll go scouring for any pictures at lunchtime. Cos for me too now ... its back to work.

And Haddie ... I'm not jealous ... AT ALL !! Whistle
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:15 am

No I realise your not.. wooffie it is not in your nature... Rafachat : If ... - Page 3 769663 here have hug anyway.. Ill pour you a sangria later

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:17 am

Good morning all my luvverly Rafateers Hug

It's a bootiful morning in sunny Cheshire, although I'm working, but only for this morning....then it's 4 Dog Shows in 4 days Yahoo and I'll try and fit the Wedding in as well....musn't miss the frock thumbsup

Heard about the footie last night...sounds like a real shambles Shocked they do all get a bit carried away at times!!!

Solerina.......When I was at Wimby in 2009, I had "guaranteed Rafa" tickets for CC....and of course he pulled out injured mad Crying or Very sad.....anyway I was mooching along getting a drink and walked passed Nole who was just coming off the practice courts. I stopped and wished him good luck, and he turned....looked me up and down, grinned and said "thankyou darling". It cheered me up I can tell you, although like the Dame and Rafan, I never talk about it!!!!

censored laughing

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:40 am

<cheers> Haddie Hug ... although there is a G&T <several> with my name written on them for when I'm finally home and kick my shoes off and enjoy the start of the weekend. Hurrah!!

Denzy Hug ... it was socal who was interested in your cheeky Nole story. Wink And being looked up and down and called "darling" with a cheeky grin is something else that I am not-jealous-of-at-all ... Whistle <again>

Lovely Rafan Hug Do you think we have any chance of Olympics tickets???
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:44 am

Great story Denzilsmom, sounds like you caught his eye, I hope Mr. Denzilsmom isn't jealous.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:47 am

Mr Denz would gladly give her away ... :run2:
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:03 pm

Ouch Wooffie! I am sure he would fight a duel over her anyday of the week although I don't know her I would venture that mr. denzy would be ready to fight a duel over her with any young stud.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:25 pm

Aye ... so long as she's made his tea first :run2:
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:47 pm

Well ... before I get a :spank: from Denz ... how about we have a look at Rafa's French Open kit ...

I think its lovely ...

BTW ... we've got some new smilies. :bowler: :cena: :Double J: :flag: :TUW:

Prizes awarded for what they mean ... :run2:
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Me no like it sorry.... I leave the blue to Fed...Rafa looks so much nicer in upbeat colours.. dont care much for his smurf shoes either... Sorry Rafa Rafachat : If ... - Page 3 4184233493

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:01 pm

The Rafasmurf ... :cena:
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:05 pm

laughing It is rather reminiscent of Nole's kit a couple of year ago! I quite like Rafa in blue, though green is my favourite colour for him.

Those new smilies are a mystery to me, apart for the white flag. The last one looks a bit like Rafa with his stretchy bands at the start of a practice session. One of them might be boxers holding up their belts, though I don't know where the guitar smashing him over the head comes into it Erm

rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:14 pm

Aaah ... I get the boxing bit and the :flag: ... but I don't know what :cena: means. "cena" is 'meal' in Italian ... but I don't get the smiley with the fingers-across-the-eyes thing ...

Is it rude?? Shocked

What about <bubbly> <applause> and the others??? Erm
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Aah, Xisca and that age old problem of paper stuck to your shoes laughing
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:15 pm

I thought :TUW: was somebody eating ...

Is :bowler: City Gent Marcus ??? :run2:
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:19 pm

I think the :cena: one is something to do with wrestling, I googled it and there is some wrestler called John Cena...

Of course, it's not wrestling like we knew it...Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks. It's that acting stuff :run2:
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:22 pm

Aah, Xisca and that age old problem of paper stuck to your shoes

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:23 pm

Who was that bloke with the mask on his face that they all tried to rip off?? And was it Mick McManus or someone??

Dickie Davies and the World of Sport on a Saturday afternoon. laughing
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:25 pm

:TUW: is Feds doing weights with his skinny arms .......

:run2: :run2: :run2:
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:29 pm

Good afternoon Rafateers Hug

It's a beautiful, sunny day here in Bonny Scotland, and I'm at work Rolling Eyes
Can't check out the Rafa-Kit here, but will check it out later from home, but I like Rafa in blue, so will probably like it ok!

I watched the match last night, and was a bit disappointed with all the play-acting from some of the players (on both sides), but happyforthewin for Barcelona - and what a great 2nd goal by Messi. I'm sure he could find some Scottish ancestry somewhere and play for us!! laughing
Looking like a Barcelona vs Man Utd final again! And would you believe I'm going out in the night of the final - just realised last night that the final is on a Saturday night!

Doh

Haven't a clue re new smilies!

Lunch break over, so better go; Have a good day folks
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum