The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bute - post fight press conference/comments

+15
TopHat24/7
azania
bellchees
paperbag_puncher
alfredperami
The Galveston Giant
Adam D
jimdig
J.Benson II
Super D Boon
lfc91
Fists of Fury
SharkSoul
Seanusarrilius
Commander
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bute - post fight press conference/comments - Page 2 Empty Bute - post fight press conference/comments

Post by Commander Mon 28 May 2012, 4:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

1. On what he will do now:

"I want to avoid talking about boxing. I need rest. After a month or month and a half I will return to Montreal. It was a difficult period. It is time for recovery. 2nd fight with Froch is in the contract and he is required to offer it and it will be in Montreal. Or I think it will be there. I will consider all things with my trainer and my staff. I do not know how long it will take until the rematch. It's possible we both take a fight each before it. "

2. On whether he will accept advice from other greats rather than only his entourage:

"I do not know. Maybe I'll go to to Leonard Dorin's pub and speak with him. I want to thank the Romanians for being in large numbers in Nottingham and for making their presence felt in the room. Do not lose hope for that I can come back and I'll be stronger. "

3. On what or whom he blames for his defeat:

"If I would find excuses? No excuses. I agreed to go there. There were problems in training, but these are part of the sport. I thought I could win. Thing with the foot lasted just several days. I took antibiotics, but that wasn't the problem. Important people were with me. From all areas. I have lived such moments before in my career in amateur boxing matches. There were heavy defeats there and I bounced back. For me it was a hard defeat and for Froch it was a total victory."

4. On whether Interbox will appeal based on Eddie Hearn's misconduct and Froch's rabbit punches?

"Absolutely not. How can I appeal? That's not why I lost. It must be said. He won on merit. Next time I will take revenge. He won on merit. I helped him the most. I was surprised. In all rounds he had good punches. In the 4th he surprised me the most. And he cannot be accused of hits after the gong. In the uproar that was there you can hardly hear very well. "

5. On what he did good in the fight:

"In the third round I surprised him, I hit him good and that's why he admitted afterwards that he could've been one of my many KO's too. But this was not our strategy. I cannot blame the trainer. My plan was to stay in the center of the ring, to box with him. After the third round I thought I can lure him in the corner to hit him with my left on the counter and finish him. But I failed. "

6. On how it feels not to be a champion any more.

"In the past 4 years I returned home with the belt, this time, unfortunately I came without it. Saturday night I lost it. I lost a battle not a war. When will I get it back? We will see. I want to rest now, I need it. It was a hard and long training camp and now I'm tired and need to rest. Seven months had passed since I boxed, but I cannot put the defeat on account of this factor. It was Froch's evening and I must admit that. I was at the final of theSuper Six and I wanted then to fight with the winner. Andre Ward refused and I still don't know why. Then we chose to fight with Froch. I made a proposal to fight in Montreal and he refused. Then I said ok, make me an offer and I'll come to Nottingham. I thought I could win this fight and for this reason I agreed to fight in his home. It was very high pressure, high emotions also, I thought I will win, but unfortunately I chose to stay in the ropes. "

7. On whether he watched the fight himself and other thoughts.

"I can not blame my coach at all. Our strategy was different. I did have a few times when I sat in the middle of the ring as was the plan. I wanted to fight him like that and not to brawl with him. I thought I can lure him in the corner to hit him with my left on the counter and finish him.

I couldn't bring myself to look at the fight. I have the strength of character to do that, but it makes no sense to find excuses. He won in the ring.

Carl Froch won on merit. No one helped him ... maybe I helped him most. Froch kicks like a mule. If I wasn't surprised, I would not have lost. He had very good moments. His blows hurt me. I was confused, unbalanced, stressed, and in the fifth round he clearly dominated me."

Commander

Back to top Go down

Bute - post fight press conference/comments - Page 2 Empty Re: Bute - post fight press conference/comments

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 28 May 2012, 9:28 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:No reason why Bute shouldn't take the rematch. He was blasted out of there but it could just have been a bad day at the office. A very bad day at the office actually. Make it one of those days where he gets a ton of deadlines to do all within the hour and he makes none of them, spills coffee on his best shirt, gets a big row off his boss for screwing something up, forgets to go to an important meeting, gets told he's not ready for promotion and he's just seen that girl he fancies in HR canoodling with another man. That kind of bad day. OK

Take it, but not immediatley IMO. You're right, one fight does not make the man, and Hearns is a HOF despite his Hagler deboshing. But he has to rebuild a wee bit. Couple impressive wins and Froch next year in Montreal. Why not.

Congrats on the promotion Seanus!! Smile

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Bute - post fight press conference/comments - Page 2 Empty Re: Bute - post fight press conference/comments

Post by Nico the gman Mon 28 May 2012, 9:53 pm

Take my hat off to Bute for his after fight comments, but if its a bad day at the office,well his had one of them against Andrade as well first time round when a decent ref would have stopped it.

Bute's record has no stand out fighters on it,and the question was alway's being asked how good is he, I think we've found out.

Hearns geting beat by one of the greatest middleweights of all time isn't a comparison for me, chalk and cheese.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 28 May 2012, 9:58 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Take my hat off to Bute for his after fight comments, but if its a bad day at the office,well his had one of them against Andrade as well first time round when a decent ref would have stopped it.

Bute's record has no stand out fighters on it,and the question was alway's being asked how good is he, I think we've found out.

Hearns geting beat by one of the greatest middleweights of all time isn't a comparison for me, chalk and cheese.

I think we found out how good froch is as opposed to how bad Bute is.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2