The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Under-20s v Wales Under-20s (Teams/Match thread)

+43
gelodge
slartibartfast
thebluesmancometh
aucklandlaurie
HammerofThunor
WWosprey
RDW
Hood83
Welshmushroom
sugarNspikes
majesticimperialman
MarcusHalberstram
dogtooth
Dorothy_Mantooth
Hound_of_Harrow
thomh
emack2
mckay1402
Smirnoffpriest
timhen
kiakahaaotearoa
Cymroglan
GavinDragon
yappysnap
munkian
profitius
Barney McGrew did it
chewed_mintie
CurlyOsp
Shifty
TycroesOsprey
Ospreydragon
wales606
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Islingtonv2
LondonTiger
formerly known as Sam
RubyGuby
maestegmafia
BigTrevsbigmac
Taylorman
blackcanelion
Morgannwg
47 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

New Zealand Under-20s  v  Wales Under-20s (Teams/Match thread) - Page 6 Empty New Zealand Under-20s v Wales Under-20s (Teams/Match thread)

Post by Morgannwg Fri 08 Jun 2012, 1:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Baby Blacks - Marty McKenzie, Matt Proctor, Marnus Hanley, Opetera Peleseuma, Junior Va'a Tofa, Scott Eade, Bryn Hall, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Nathan Harris, Eric Sione, Joe Latta, Christian Lloyd, Taniela Manu, Hugh Blake, Jordan Taufua. Replacements - Rhys Marshall, Tuki Raimona, Fraser Armstrong, Nick Ross, Jimmy Tupou, Jono Kitto, Ihaia West, Pita Ahki.

Wales - Ross Jones, Tom Prydie, Cory Allen, Jack Dixon, Eli Walker, Matthew Morgan, Tom Habberfield, Rob Evans, Kirby Myhill, Samson Lee, Cory Hill, Matthew Screech, Luke Hamilton, Ellis Jenkins, Dan Baker. Replacements - Darran Harris, Gareth Thomas, Will John, Rhodri Hughes, Daniel Thomas, Jonothan Evans, Sam Davies, Thomas Pascoe.

* Well probably the best Wales U20s team of the year. A lot of pace in the backline behind a big, strong pack. Shouldn't be a massacre this time then...
Each player is tied to a premiership team and should have been getting regular game time. Others have played in the LV cup for their Regions, Pro12 and in some cases the Heineken Cup. Capped international Prydie and Tom Habberfield have played for Wales in the IRB Sevens Series and showed up very well. I think Ponty 2nd row Cory Hill is the captain, he has looked pretty handy in the games I've seen him play. Each need to show up well and overcome any psychological barrier if they are to stay within reach of New Zealands school-boys. Good luck boyo's.

** Baby Blacks undefeated for 5 years fall to U20 Six Nations fourth placed Wales. Well done boyo's. Complete turnaround from previous years. Still don't agree with the 14 players not being released for that Six Nations though.

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:27 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : 1; Edited to include additional info. 2; Edited to include final score and mini write-up.)
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

New Zealand Under-20s  v  Wales Under-20s (Teams/Match thread) - Page 6 Empty Re: New Zealand Under-20s v Wales Under-20s (Teams/Match thread)

Post by Shifty Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:08 pm

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:Great result for Wales against a New Zealand 20s 'A' side.

Can you please tell me what the strongest New Zealand U20 would be? how would you gather this information?
Ssurely they would play their best team against Wales, because they would already know about most of Samoas players as most of them are in the New Zealand set up already or scouted in Samoa for their provinces.

I'm not diusputing what your saying but how can you possibly know which are their best players seeing as this is a totally different side to the last world cup and they play in no other u20 compaetition Erm

At least with the Scottish and australian international we knew Australia had picked a lot weaker team then they could of.

Last edited by AlynDavies on Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

New Zealand Under-20s  v  Wales Under-20s (Teams/Match thread) - Page 6 Empty Re: New Zealand Under-20s v Wales Under-20s (Teams/Match thread)

Post by TycroesOsprey Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:08 pm

chewed_mintie wrote:Well done Wales, great effort....thanks for the guys who kept this page updated throughout the game too!

NZ need to regroup now. Perhaps not a great vintage coming out of NZ this year but we're due a blip every now and then!

C'est la vie!

conditions were apalling mint I think in the dry it would have been a very different game. Personally thought Hall was the best player on the pitch so I dont think this vintage is too bad, Bryn is a good welsh name though so maybe thats why. Whistle

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:10 pm

AlynDavies wrote:
Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:Great result for Wales against a New Zealand 20s 'A' side.

Can you please tell me what the strongest New Zealand U20 would be? how would you gather this information?
Ssurely they would play their best team against Wales, because they would already know about most of Samoas players as most of them are in the New Zealand set up already or scouted in Samoa for their provinces.

I'm not diusputing what your saying but how can you possibly know which are their best players seeing as this is a totally different side to the last world cup and they play in no other u20 compaetition Erm

Alyn, I think (hope) this is a cheeky, sarcastic comeback after the Welsh comments after the scots beat Oz!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:12 pm

Griff wrote:Alyn, I think (hope) this is a cheeky, sarcastic comeback after the Welsh comments after the scots beat Oz!

Possibly but Australia DID pick a weakened team, so all we did is call a spade a spade, lol. tomato
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:12 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:
Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:Great result for Wales against a New Zealand 20s 'A' side. Great defensive effort, but it really seems that they can only sneak a win against good opposition when conditions are poor. Also where we're the try's?

A but odd for a scot to start with the "NZ A" side or "sneaking a win" in poor conditions espescially after youor comments when scotland won. Why so bitter?

Sorry for the wind up its not usually my style. It's just that the 20s win that is being celebrated (rightly so) is the kind that when Scotland get is usually picked apart.

Being serious now, well done Wales great result and trust me nobody outside of Wales would have been shouting for the Welsh in those last 10 heroic minutes than me!

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:16 pm

Griff wrote:
AlynDavies wrote:

Alyn, I think (hope) this is a cheeky, sarcastic comeback after the Welsh comments after the scots beat Oz!

Rumbled! Hug

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:18 pm

Don't forget wales did beat Newzealand in Newzealand on the way to winning the 2009 7's world cup

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:20 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Don't forget wales did beat Newzealand in Newzealand on the way to winning the 2009 7's world cup

Correct view - except it was in Dubai

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:22 pm

Doh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:23 pm

Can some one tell me the score again...!

I'm still convinced I'm dreaming?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:24 pm

I think the Sevens team beat NZ in NZ in a series circuit couple months prior to the world cup. Well remembered view Wink.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:25 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Can some one tell me the score again...!

I'm still convinced I'm dreaming?

9-3... sorry wrong New Zealand game... 9-6!

Well at least their improving! angel
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcusHalberstram Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:40 pm

Can anyone tell me if there'll be any highlights on S4C - or online anywhere?!

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:42 pm

MarcusHalberstram wrote:Can anyone tell me if there'll be any highlights on S4C - or online anywhere?!

Yes of course try the Super Sport website, it's all legal there. Whistle

Last edited by AlynDavies on Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcusHalberstram Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:46 pm

Awesome Alyn - thanks!

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:47 pm

I would like to congratulate theWales under 20's for beating the Baby Blacks for the first time in, i dont know how long.

I must admit i have not seen the game yet but will watch it later.

Is this the sign of a good Wales team or a poor Baby Blacks team? Before you bite my head off, i am talking about the score line 9 - 6 to Wales.

Is this the way rugby is going each team going for penaltie kicks, rather scoring trys?

Or is it because teams defences are so tough to penatrate these days that penalties will do.

Once again well done to Wales under 20's team.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyOsp Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:50 pm

it's more because te field was a bog..

CurlyOsp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:52 pm

CurlyOsp wrote:it's more because te field was a bog..

Bloody hell give the Welsh some credit,m that pitch would of been one of the best ones any Welsh team had played on. Hell that pitch would of done Rodney Parade proud!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 08 Jun 2012, 7:01 pm

It rains just as much in NZ as it does in Wales so a muddy pitch should not be used as a excuse.
This Welsh side was well organised and thoroughly deserved to win.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 08 Jun 2012, 7:02 pm

Cymroglan wrote:It rains just as much in NZ as it does in Wales so a muddy pitch should not be used as a excuse.
This Welsh side was well organised and thoroughly deserved to win.

Yes and give Sampson Lee some credit too!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyOsp Fri 08 Jun 2012, 7:10 pm

It wasn't an excuse for the win, just an excuse for the low score! You couldn't expect a high scoring try fest in those conditions. Trust me i was as delighted as anyone when the ref blew for full time haha!

CurlyOsp

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Fri 08 Jun 2012, 7:11 pm

9-6 again!

Blimey, there really is some cracking rugby on at the moment Laugh

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jun 2012, 7:18 pm

sugarNspikes wrote:9-6 again!

Blimey, there really is some cracking rugby on at the moment Laugh

Nice one sugarNspikes/Cyril/SafeAsMilk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Fri 08 Jun 2012, 7:42 pm

Congrats - any win is an achievement against New Zealand. I just listened to the post match audio and they wernt particularly gracious in defeat.

Sadly though looking at the pools they are propably still favourites to qualify and end up playing Wales in the Semi's. So they will be out to set that score right. On the plus side though Wales will take confidence from this and its shown that they are beatable on any given day.

Well done!!

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:22 pm

Sooooo SO happy with the result!!

Da iawn bechgyn!

Morgannwg - sorry to be a pest but can you take the scores out of the title heading please? We get a lot of hassle from posters for people spoiling results that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:22 pm

Very good effort wales. I actually missed the last 20 but thought wales could hang on. Simular to the aus scot match in ways.

I thought only one team from each pool qualify? If wales win their last doesnt that mean NZ are out or is there a forth team being the best second kind of thing with only 3 pools.

Still a tough ask. Well done wales. One of many upsets though but good to see nh sides knocking over sh ones a little more frequently.

Makes tonights matches that more interesting.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:24 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18372154

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:25 pm

Massive congrats to the Welsh lads, incredible result. Hope you can do the same against Oz!

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:27 pm

ah I edited it out myself, got bored of waiting....

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:36 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:Congrats - any win is an achievement against New Zealand. I just listened to the post match audio and they wernt particularly gracious in defeat.

Sadly though looking at the pools they are propably still favourites to qualify and end up playing Wales in the Semi's. So they will be out to set that score right. On the plus side though Wales will take confidence from this and its shown that they are beatable on any given day.

Well done!!

Were they not gracious? thats not like an New Zealander? they are normally so polite they make canadians look like trolls. Off the pitch of course.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcusHalberstram Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:43 pm

Wow - just watched it (thanks to Alyn for the links!). No mistake, Wales deserved that game - huge effort, and who knows, perhaps a watershed moment psychologically!

With Scotland beating Oz last week, and in the U20s Ireland, Wales and Argentina all upsetting the odds, it's already been a hugely surprising summer - will the pattern continue tomorrow..?

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:03 pm

Only players I know of was A.J.Panawara and Sam Cane,one was`nt released by his Super Squad,the other was at a Senior AllBlack Camp!!!In the conditions Wales played better on at least one occassion the Baby Blacks.They had a Penalty chance to equal the score and opted to Maul it up.Should have tried to take 3.Don`t ALL the sides play 3 Matches Ireland can still go thru if they beat Italy.In a mud bath both sides were equal if it had been in Britain probably at the Millenium the roof would be closed.Will Wales meet England if they beat Samoa.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:12 pm

Griff wrote:I think that was a tongue in cheek response by Dorothy mirroring the stupid comments by some Welsh fans after the Oz win.

Yeah - pretty sure that's exactly what dm was intending. Tongue very much in cheek!

Well done wales - just like Scotland it doesn't matter who the other team picked and the conditions, a wins a win!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by WWosprey Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:23 pm

Exactly all the record books will say is Scotland beat Australia on the summer tour 2012 OK

I hope after tommrow they will say the same for Wales.

WWosprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:34 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Sooooo SO happy with the result!!

Da iawn bechgyn!

Morgannwg - sorry to be a pest but can you take the scores out of the title heading please? We get a lot of hassle from posters for people spoiling results that way.

I was at the gym when you asked.

No fault of yours but that's pretty stupid tbh. If you don't wanna know the score then why the feck would you come onto a rugby forum? The world's full of stupid people nowadays!
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:37 pm

Funnily enough I came on here before watching the Jeff final. Stayed on the International page and read that Marler's Jeff win may put him further in contention for an England start. No-one to blaim but myself but there's no need to put scores in titles so there's not really a problem not to do it, is there?

Well done Wales. Could we finally see someone else lift the trophy? It's only been 4 years

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:40 pm

Taylorman wrote:Very good effort wales. I actually missed the last 20 but thought wales could hang on. Simular to the aus scot match in ways.

I thought only one team from each pool qualify? If wales win their last doesnt that mean NZ are out or is there a forth team being the best second kind of thing with only 3 pools.

Still a tough ask. Well done wales. One of many upsets though but good to see nh sides knocking over sh ones a little more frequently.

Makes tonights matches that more interesting.

There is 3 pools, so I assume the three teams that top each pool go through with one runner-up. Top seeds could be Wales if they get a 60 pointer against Samoa. Best runners-up if it goes by points difference is very likely to be the Baby Blacks. 1st V 4th and 2nd V 3rd then all the other play-off places? I could be wrong though. I'm not confident of the boyo's beating your boys twice.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:42 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:Funnily enough I came on here before watching the Jeff final. Stayed on the International page and read that Marler's Jeff win may put him further in contention for an England start. No-one to blaim but myself but there's no need to put scores in titles so there's not really a problem not to do it, is there?

Well done Wales. Could we finally see someone else lift the trophy? It's only been 4 years

It's not a problem to me, I just question how the minds of the idiots work when they don't know a score yet come on to a rubgy forum then complain about seeing final scores. I locked myself away from technology during the world cup and headed straight for the sky planner.

We may see someone else lift the trophy, that depends on the tournament format which some have been questioning. I thought you'd be the one to enlighten us? Very Happy
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:47 pm

South Africa and New Zealand have the same number of points. If New Zealand get 5 from Fiji I can't see South Africa getting 5 from England without beating them. If South Africa beat England then they'll (England) need 2 lbp to draw level with New Zealand. The other option is France who are playing Australia. I doubt they'll get the tbs win against them. I reckon it'll be

1 Wales
2 England
3 Argentina
4 New Zealand

OR

1 Wales
2 Argentina
3 South Africa
4 New Zealand

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:51 pm

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:10 pm

Tom Prydie kicked the winning goal
NEW ZEALAND U20 6 - 9 WALES U20

WALES made history by becoming the first team to defeat New Zealand at under-20 level with a brave 9-6 victory at the Junior World Championship in South Africa today.

It was an astonishing turnaround from last year’s tournament, when they had suffered a record 92-0 drubbing against the ‘Baby Blacks’.

Conditions at Stellenbosch’s Danie Craven Stadium were dreadful with the pitch a muddy morass, Argentina’s 15-3 victory in the opening game of the day having cut it up as the rain belted down.

They were a great leveller but Wales showed amazing resolve and guts, having made 104 tackles to 36 with seven minutes remaining.

Two penalties from right-wing Tom Prydie and one from outside-half Matthew Morgan, to two from Scott Eade, saw them seize top spot in Pool A with a quarter-final place beckoning when they face Samoa next Tuesday.

Wales were forced into a late change when captain Cory Hill withdrew with stomach trouble.

Ospreys lock Rhodri Hughes took over at lock with Dragons’ prospect Ieuan Jones coming on to the bench and hooker Kirby Myhill assuming the captaincy.

Wales should have led at half-time but Morgan was wide with three of his four penalty attempts.

The left-footed Eade had given the ‘Baby Blacks’ a three-point lead in the ninth minute.

But he missed two other attempts as both teams were continually penalised by Australian referee Angus Gardner for sealing off at rucks.

Morgan was off-target twice before finding the target in the 21st minute to square matters.

Wales fell behind in first half injury-time after Blues flanker Luke Hamilton gave an un-necessary penalty away at a ruck 41m out.

It was almost impossible to play running rugby as Wales started the second half strongly with their scrum in the ascendancy and winning some turnovers in the loose.

They nearly got a try after promising centre Jack Dixon was heavily involved in a dangerous attack but left-wing Eli Walker cut back inside and ignored an unmarked team-mate on his outside.

Gardner was playing advantage and went back for a penalty, Wales senior cap Tom Prydie taking over the kicking and hammering it over from long-range to make it 6-6.

He was wide with a second attempt while New Zealand No 8 Jordan Taufua, who was a handful with his powerful drives, crossed but was penalised for a double movement.

Wales scrum-half Tom Habberfield fluffed a clearance and Walker was adjudged, wrongly, to be off-side but Eade failed to punish him and was hauled off seconds later.

Prydie deservedly put Wales in front for the first time with a magnificent penalty after New Zealand collapsed a scrum with 16 minutes remaining.

Substitute Dan Thomas won a vital turnover 3m from his try-line after the Baby Blacks had gone through 18 phases and they held on to the end despite being under the pump.

There was emotional scenes at the end with Wales coach Danny Wilson nearly overcome with pride – understandably so!

Myhill was another who seemed to find it difficult to comprehend as he kept repeating the words: “I can’t believe it.”

But he should and proudly so because this was the most important victory over any New Zealand team since the senior side’s victory at Cardiff Arms Park in 1953.

New Zealand Under-20: M McKenzie; M Proctor, M Hanley (P Ahki 60y, O Peleseuma, J Tofa; S Eade (I West 60), B Hall (capt); O Tu’ungafasi, N Harris, E Sione, J Latta, C Lloyd (N Ross 60), T Manu (JTupou 63), J Taufua H Blake.

Pens: Eade (2)

Wales Under-20: R Jones; T Prydie, C Allen, J Dixon, E Walker; M Morgan, T Habberfield; R Evans, K Myhill (capt), S Lee, R Hughes, M Screech, L Hamilton, D Baker (D Thomas 61), E Jenkins

Pens: Morgan, Prydie (2)

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2012/06/08/new-zealand-under-20-6-9-wales-under-20-young-guns-create-history-91466-31144102/#ixzz1xEqLILQV

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:18 pm

Cheers Alyn D for pointing me to the Super Sports website - finally managed to get it to work on my laptop for the highlights.

What a mudbath, by the end it was only the AB's mud looking slightly darker than the Welsh that distinguished them.

Shocking kick by Walker but fantastic effort in awful conditions.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:01 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:I would like to congratulate theWales under 20's for beating the Baby Blacks for the first time in, i dont know how long.

Is this the sign of a good Wales team or a poor Baby Blacks team? Before you bite my head off, i am talking about the score line 9 - 6 to Wales.

Is this the way rugby is going each team going for penaltie kicks, rather scoring trys?

Or is it because teams defences are so tough to penatrate these days that penalties will do.

no madge its the first team they beat them in I don't know how long,it's wales are the first team ever to beat the babies, also you changed your tune I thought as an English man kicks at goal was the bread and butter of world cup winners like johnny boy wilkinson

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:06 pm

viewtothegym wrote:
majesticimperialman wrote:I would like to congratulate theWales under 20's for beating the Baby Blacks for the first time in, i dont know how long.

no madge its the first team they beat them in I don't know how long,it's wales are the first team ever to beat the babies, also you changed your tune I thought as an English man kicks at goal was the bread and butter of world cup winners like johnny boy wilkinson

It was wet and windy hense the scoreline...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:48 pm

I havent seen the game (I was asleep), but congratulations wales you must have played at your best to not only beat the Babies but also to hold them tryless, as some of the NZ kids have got some real attacking ability and wheels.

I am very concerned that people are saying the New Zealanders werent gracious in defeat, I find this utterly embarrasing, it not only devalues the Black jersey, but also devalues all Rugby. What did they say and do?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:53 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote: I havent seen the game (I was asleep), but congratulations wales you must have played at your best to not only beat the Babies but also to hold them tryless, as some of the NZ kids have got some real attacking ability and wheels.

I am very concerned that people are saying the New Zealanders werent gracious in defeat, I find this utterly embarrasing, it not only devalues the Black jersey, but also devalues all Rugby. What did they say and do?

It's understandable that people will be upset soon after a loss especially when their side has been unbeaten for so long.
I'm sure those same people will have a different view of things in the next few days/weeks.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:56 pm

Danny Wilson needs to make posters of those comments and put them all over the Wales hotel and training facilities as it's likely we'll be playing the Baby Blacks again, probably in dry weather. Samoa looks like it will be a big training exercise.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:57 pm

cymro

Thanks for that other thing,

But was it a case of teenagers just being teenagers or was it really bad? What did they actually say and or do ?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:01 am

What was done by the Babies? I didn't see or hear anything after the game, some very confused and gutted faces but I didn't see anything of poor taste, although I was watching on a link that was poor quality!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ospreydragon Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:02 am

"... I didn’t feel we were beaten, we were on the scoreboard ..."

Source:

http://www.irb.com/jwc/news/newsid=2062582.html#wales+baby+blacks+unbeaten+jwc

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next