The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage page XVIII

+12
Afro
Bull
The Special Juan
Gregers
Russell_Elmo
Hero
cherriesfna
Good Golly I'm Olly
FIFA Diva
Marky
Fernando
TwisT
16 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage page XVIII - Page 20 Empty The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage page XVIII

Post by TwisT Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:33 am

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Don't forget to take part in the Euro 2012 sweepstake! If you want to take part then please take £1m off your team budget and let the runners know you are taken part by Monday 11th. Prize money yet to be confirmed. Draw is as follows, which will be updated when managers confirm they are taking part:

5 – Marky - Denmark (Taking Part)
6 – Twist - Germany (Taking Part)
8 – Sodhat - Portugal (Taking Part)
1 – Viva – Czech Republic (Taking Part)
16 – Sainty - Ukraine
10 – Cherrries - Italy (Taking Part)
7 – Olly - Netherlands (Taking Part)
2 – Nando - Greece (Taking Part)
9 – Gav - Croatia
15 – Hero - Sweden (Taking Part)
3 – Tooze - Poland (Taking Part)
12 – Russ - Spain (Taking Part)
11 – TSC/Afro – Rep of Ireland (Taking Part)
4 – Nadz - Russia (Taking Part)
14 – Trebs - France (Taking Part)
13 – Bull - England (Taking Part)

Everyone in Premier League (who votes on Championship) send their results to:
TwisT and Sodhat

Everyone in Championship (who votes on Premier League) send their results to:
Hero and TSC

To Qualify for the £2M Bonus, teams need to post their tactics by Midnight on Wednesday and PM their results by Midnight on Friday

Premier League

Real Ale Sociedad - TwisT The London Silly Nannies - SodhatAC ALittleSilhouetteoOfAMan (AC ALSOAM) - MarkyViva City - VivaPaulScholesCunning Canaries FC - ollyrules
AFC Swamp Donkeys - fernando Borussia Munchingballsack - Sainty

FC United of Bournemouth Town and Boscombe City Wanderers Athletic Football Club - cherriesfan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Championship

Athletico Bilbao Baggins FC - HeroJacamos United - TSCReal NADrid© - nadeem2099Sporting Sideburns FC - Gav Treble's Revenge - onlytreblewinners
Go Ahead Eagles - Russell_Elmo Straight-Edge United - TheBrahmaBull

City Of Norwich FC - ncfc_Tooze

TwisT

Back to top Go down

The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage page XVIII - Page 20 Empty Re: The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage page XVIII

Post by Marky Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:06 pm

So was the original offer from Hero to me. I'm just saying they're pretty identical in terms of being negotiated privately, yet ours was criticised. I actually have no problem with it, but it's double standards.

On a side note, just done;

Robert Huth for Daniel Van Buyten and £2.2M. By releasing DVB and signing Huth. I like Van Buyten but he is too slow these days and a prime target in these games. As an example, he was outpaced by Yakubu according to someone in my Cup game last week! Yakubu!

Marky

Back to top Go down

The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage page XVIII - Page 20 Empty Re: The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage page XVIII

Post by Marky Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:07 pm

Hero wrote:
VivaPaulScholes wrote:
Hero wrote:
VivaPaulScholes wrote:Did you have a Radio in your days? Were TV's black and white?

You're not far off.
As a kid there were 3 channels on the TV, BBC 1 & 2 and ITV, when I was 6 then C4 came out though all that had for kids was Willo the Wisp and Pob.
Video recorders were a new fangled thing, most were top loaders and weighed about the same as a small family car. Video shops used to blacklist you if you returned the videos back unwinded.

#ToughTimes

It was, no Sky+, no internet etc. If you wanted to find something out then you'd go to a place called a library that had things called books. Though you could only read the book for 3 weeks before you then had to return it or if not they would charge you 4p per day for every day you failed to return it.

Could you not just put it onto your Kindle?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Hero wrote:
VivaPaulScholes wrote:
Hero wrote:
VivaPaulScholes wrote:Did you have a Radio in your days? Were TV's black and white?

You're not far off.
As a kid there were 3 channels on the TV, BBC 1 & 2 and ITV, when I was 6 then C4 came out though all that had for kids was Willo the Wisp and Pob.
Video recorders were a new fangled thing, most were top loaders and weighed about the same as a small family car. Video shops used to blacklist you if you returned the videos back unwinded.

#ToughTimes

It was, no Sky+, no internet etc. If you wanted to find something out then you'd go to a place called a library that had things called books. Though you could only read the book for 3 weeks before you then had to return it or if not they would charge you 4p per day for every day you failed to return it.

If you wanted to communicate with people, you had to use a telephone. There was no Twitter or Facebook.

And the phone had to be plugged into a wall, and you had to sit next to it. It was tough times.

I remember my prized possessions when I was about 6 (1984) was Superman and Star Wars on Betamax
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:12 pm

And to actually phone anyone took ages as you had a phone where it wasn't touchpad but a stupid dial thing so it took ages if they had a phone number that had a 9 or a 0 in it.

Cameras were the best, take a load of photos, don't know what they'll look like and have to take them to Boots to have them developed before someone sniggers at them when they hand them back over to you.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:12 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:Premier League

1 Robin van Persie 30 Arsenal
2 Wayne Rooney 27 Manchester United
3 Sergio Agüero 23 Manchester City
4 Clint Dempsey 17 Fulham
4 Yakubu Aiyegbeni 17 Blackburn Rovers
4 Emmanuel Adebayor 17 Tottenham Hotspur
7 Demba Ba 16 Newcastle United
8 Grant Holt 15 Norwich City
9 Edin Dzeko 14 Manchester City
10 Mario Balotelli 13 Manchester City
10 Papiss Cissé 13 Newcastle United

Oh Super Grant heart
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:12 pm

Hero wrote:
VivaPaulScholes wrote:
Hero wrote:

You're not far off.

#ToughTimes

I didn't have it easy too, it's the Olly, Bull, Cherrys, CF era that had everything.

I've still got my Library card, I rememeber when we had the manuel TV with no remote, channel 1-4, no mobiles had to take the risk walking to my mates to see if he was home.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Marky wrote:So was the original offer from Hero to me. I'm just saying they're pretty identical in terms of being negotiated privately, yet ours was criticised. I actually have no problem with it, but it's double standards.

Robert Huth for Daniel Van Buyten and £2.2M. By releasing DVB and signing Huth. I like Van Buyten but he is too slow these days and a prime target in these games. As an example, he was outpaced by Yakubu according to someone in my Cup game last week! Yakubu!

other were in the chat box lasy night
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:15 pm

cherriesfan wrote:
Marky wrote:So was the original offer from Hero to me. I'm just saying they're pretty identical in terms of being negotiated privately, yet ours was criticised. I actually have no problem with it, but it's double standards.

other were in the chat box lasy night

But I wasn't, so as far as i'm concerned it was done privately.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:15 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:
Hero wrote:
VivaPaulScholes wrote:
Hero wrote:

You're not far off.

#ToughTimes

I didn't have it easy too, it's the Olly, Bull, Cherrys, CF era that had everything.

I've still got my Library card, I rememeber when we had the manuel TV with no remote, channel 1-4, no mobiles had to take the risk walking to my mates to see if he was home.

I don't have it easy. Do you know how slow the internet connection is in Norfolk Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Is it true that BT wouldn't allow the Friends & Family feature in Norfolk because everyone would then feature on it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Hero wrote:Is it true that BT wouldn't allow the Friends & Family feature in Norfolk because everyone would then feature on it.

Brilliant drumroll
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:19 pm

I have a library card and still use it today... does that make me old?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:20 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:Premier League

1 Robin van Persie 30 Arsenal
2 Wayne Rooney 27 Manchester United
3 Sergio Agüero 23 Manchester City
4 Clint Dempsey 17 Fulham
4 Yakubu Aiyegbeni 17 Blackburn Rovers
4 Emmanuel Adebayor 17 Tottenham Hotspur
7 Demba Ba 16 Newcastle United
8 Grant Holt 15 Norwich City
9 Edin Dzeko 14 Manchester City
10 Mario Balotelli 13 Manchester City
10 Papiss Cissé 13 Newcastle United

Looking at this does make you realise what great seasons Dempsey, Holt and Yakubu had. All scoring goals in teams that are mid table or relegation sides, with a lot less chances I should imagine
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:21 pm

Hero wrote:Is it true that BT wouldn't allow the Friends & Family feature in Norfolk because everyone would then feature on it.

In Norwich it was just called Family as everyone is related
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Olly wrote:
VivaPaulScholes wrote:
Hero wrote:
VivaPaulScholes wrote:
Hero wrote:

You're not far off.

#ToughTimes

I don't have it easy. Do you know how slow the internet connection is in Norfolk Laugh

Thats because you lot have one extra finger which means you can type faster then the rest of us which then means you overload the Internet system with your extra fast typing and they can't cope with it which makes the Internet in 5 finger land extra slow.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:23 pm

Do they sell 6 fingered gloves in Norfolk?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:24 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:
Olly wrote:
VivaPaulScholes wrote:
Hero wrote:
VivaPaulScholes wrote:
Hero wrote:

You're not far off.

#ToughTimes

Thats because you lot have one extra finger which means you can type faster then the rest of us which then means you overload the Internet system with your extra fast typing and they can't cope with it which makes the Internet in 5 finger land extra slow.

I'm surprised you can type at all with your jacamo hands. Unless you have a custom super sized keyboard with giant buttons.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:26 pm

That's why Viva was going on about the Samsung Note, to him that's a normal sized phone.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:27 pm

Czech Republic 9/2 at a lot of bookies to beat the overrated Portugal tonight!

Ronaldo off night and it's definitely on!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:27 pm

Right I'm off for a bit. Toodles
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Marky warning

Just put a tenner on Portugal to win...

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Laugh
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:29 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:Marky warning

Just put a tenner on Portugal to win...

I hope they do because I'll get my money back when they get to the semis. Couple for Ronaldo would help too, get him top of the scorers chart.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:30 pm

Nah, I've got Gomez at top scorer, but certainly wouldn't complain if Ronaldo got the winner tonight, Hills were doing a special of Ronaldo to score anytime & Portugal to win at 2/1.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:32 pm

VivaFact

On average, people spend 80 percent of thier time gossping.

FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:33 pm

But 9/2 is big considering the Czechs won Group A.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:35 pm

Lavezzi to PSG is almost a done deal according to TalkSport

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:25 pm

Tumbleweed
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 pm

ghost
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:38 pm

does this forum have a swear filter
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:38 pm

cherries you are a Kumquat
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:39 pm

five knuckle shuffle Poopie Flip
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:40 pm

i like to Flip peole caus eim a hardcore Flip who rips the Poopie out of dumb Flip like you
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:40 pm

haha this is fun
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:42 pm

Banana Hammock

Tumbleweed
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:42 pm

five knuckle shuffle Flip hehehe Poopie hehehe Poopie special Flip

Last edited by cherriesfan on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:42 pm

haha i beat the swear filter
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Into my 6th season on FIFA. Michael Owen was playing for Man City..........
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Please do not attempt to beat the swear filter

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:47 pm

i now hold all the cards, the swear filter is my Female dog
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:48 pm

TSC wrote:Into my 6th season on FIFA. Michael Owen was playing for Man City..........

are you playing all the games
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:50 pm

Did you know that wanking does not register on the swear filter?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:50 pm

I'm Norwich in season three of FIFA. Both Manchester clubs have scary looking teams.

Just written up predictions, there's some really difficult games in there.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:51 pm

cherriesfan wrote:
TSC wrote:Into my 6th season on FIFA. Michael Owen was playing for Man City..........

Yes.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:51 pm

sodhat wrote:Did you know that wanking does not register on the swear filter?
nor goes dick
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:52 pm

TSC wrote:
cherriesfan wrote:

Yes.
how do you manage it?
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:53 pm

cherriesfan wrote:
sodhat wrote:Did you know that wanking does not register on the swear filter?
nor goes dick

Well that is a name. We wouldn't be able to discuss Dick Advocaat if it was blocked. And we love to talk about Dick.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:53 pm

The swear filter isn't there for you to test it and see what words go through.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:54 pm

cherriesfan wrote:
TSC wrote:
cherriesfan wrote:

Yes.
how do you manage it?

I have a ridiculous amount of free time. Not won the CL yet, got to the semi's to be beaten by Bayern. Won the PL 3 times though.

(Go on, make "semi" jokes Rolling Eyes children )
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:54 pm

sodhat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-kiZwF_qJo
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next