The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympic Day 6 Thread

+15
JuliusHMarx
Danny_1982
break_in_the_fifth
Woestijnrog
HM Murdock
banbrotam
slashermcguirk
dummy_half
reckoner
daraghj82
lags72
socal1976
bogbrush
invisiblecoolers
The Special Juan
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Olympic Day 6 Thread - Page 4 Empty Olympic Day 6 Thread

Post by The Special Juan Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Centre Court: Azarenka v Kerber then Djokovic v Tsonga then Federer v Isner then Clijsters v Sharapova

Court 1: Almagro v Murray then Serena Williams v Wozniacki then Nishikori v Del Potro then Robson/Murray v Hradecka/Stepanek

Court 2: Bryan/Bryan v Erlich/Ram then Kvitova v Kirilenko then Lisicki/Kas v Huber/B Bryan then Williams/Williams v Vinci/Errani

Court 14: Cilic/Dodig v Ferrer/Lopez then Peng/Zheng v Kirilenko/Perova then Mirza/Paes v Zimnjic/Ivanovic

Court 16: Hlavackova/Hredecka v Chuang/Hsieh then Tipsarevic/Zimonjic v Gasquet/Benneteau then Melo/Soares v Tsonga/Llodra

Some real crackers there.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Olympic Day 6 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Olympic Day 6 Thread

Post by hawkeye Fri 03 Aug 2012, 7:44 am

CaledonianCraig

Ha ha! Your wish is my command. I haven't been watching the Olympic tennis as am using up all my sport watching allowance on gymnastics and swimming. Those gymnasts can defy the laws of gravity whilst still looking stylish and those swimmers make wearing a swimming cap and goggles look so stylish I'm thinking of sporting mine for everyday wear...

But back to your question if a player is clutching body parts and looks like they are in agony and then retires or loses or is unable to play the points as usual... then their display of agony matches there performance. If a player clutches body parts, looks like they are in agony on a regular basis and then runs around like a rabbit (or was it another animal...) then Virginia Wade may be forced to call the player a "drama queen". Also Tommy Haas and all his friends in the locker room will have a good laugh.

So Murray got to play an injured Almagro. That sounds like fun...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 03 Aug 2012, 8:09 am

Hmmm so Almagro was injured and you don't see that as 'a drama queen' and yet you call Murray 'a drama queen' for himself having an injury at the French Open. And by the way Almagro was running around like a bunny as you put it as well.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4