The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undertaker comments on status for Wrestlemania 29

+11
MIG
Samo
hodge
liverbnz
The-Rizz
Crimey
JamesLincs
nasisillmatic
theundisputedY2D2
TwisT
VDT
15 posters

Go down

Undertaker comments on status for Wrestlemania 29 Empty Undertaker comments on status for Wrestlemania 29

Post by VDT Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:18 am

While making an appearance on Wednesday in Tampa, Florida for WWE’s Florida Championship Wrestling developmental territory, The Undertaker was asked about involvement at Wrestlemania 29 next year in New Jersey. A fan said the main reason he travels to Wrestlemania every year is to see him wrestler and Undertaker told him “not to make any plans for April.” Also When the fan pressed him on his response, Undertaker laughed and said “we’ll see what happens.”

IS 20 - 0 THE END FOR THE TAKER AT MANIA???? or Taker and McCool are expecting their first child about April next year, is he just taking a year off???

VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Undertaker comments on status for Wrestlemania 29 Empty Re: Undertaker comments on status for Wrestlemania 29

Post by TwisT Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:25 am

I said this in another thread. I didn't see Undertaker going on for much longer. One more WM, max.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Undertaker comments on status for Wrestlemania 29 Empty Re: Undertaker comments on status for Wrestlemania 29

Post by VDT Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:27 am

Got a feeling he would give this year a miss as I'm guessing the wwe will go all out for WM30!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:29 am

Could be right VDT. Makes perfect sense. Gives Taker time to support his family with the new baby on the way, and then come back for WM30

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:46 am

I can't see him taking Wrestlemania 29 off if they've only got Brock Lesnar on a year long contract. WWE have wanted to do that match at Wrestlemania for a while now.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:59 am

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
I can't see him taking Wrestlemania 29 off if they've only got Brock Lesnar on a year long contract. WWE have wanted to do that match at Wrestlemania for a while now.

Saying that, Taker is smart enough and knows the business so well, that he probably knew that people would latch onto these comments. Whose to say, storyline based, he wasn't going to feature at WM29? Then Brock calls him out (put meat on the bones how you wish, but that is the basic gist).

If anything, this thread proves his point, if he is playing the system.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:12 am

The problem I find with Brock v Taker at WM is that the outcome is a dead cert. Taker's last 4 matches have been so good because there was always that tiny factor that he may lose.

Although the build up and grand scale of the match would be huge, I don't think it would be even close to be as good as the last 4 matches he's had.

I think Taker's next WM match should be against Cena.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 03 Aug 2012, 12:55 pm

unless you were there you wouldnt be able to tell what taker meant by "dont make any plans for april" could also mean, because you'll be going to mania to see him wrestle, so dont make other plans, its possible

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 03 Aug 2012, 1:02 pm

JamesLincs wrote:unless you were there you wouldnt be able to tell what taker meant by "dont make any plans for april" could also mean, because you'll be going to mania to see him wrestle, so dont make other plans, its possible

That's what I thought he meant...maybe not.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Rizz Fri 03 Aug 2012, 1:47 pm

Not meaning to be pedantic, but isn't Wrestlemania usually in March?

The-Rizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 03 Aug 2012, 1:53 pm

14 have been in March, although usually very late March. So it's about 50-50.

This year it is April.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 03 Aug 2012, 1:54 pm

7th April next year.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 03 Aug 2012, 2:16 pm

If Taker doesn't want to do Mania 29 things such as baby etc as we don't know how long McCool has been preggers. They could easily just have the WWE title match as a triple threat Brock Vs Rock Vs Cena, Brock saying if he wins the title he's leaving WWE with it (To be fair what will Rock be doing if he wins it then keeps it past Mania?)

WM30 - Taker Vs Cena

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 03 Aug 2012, 2:28 pm

I dont think he'll do another mania. 20-0 is a nice round number, and sounds good. 20-0 is easy to sell, 21-0 or 20-1 doesnt sound as good.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 03 Aug 2012, 2:31 pm

Samo wrote:I dont think he'll do another mania. 20-0 is a nice round number, and sounds good. 20-0 is easy to sell, 21-0 or 20-1 doesnt sound as good.

They would have made a much bigger deal out of it if it was his last Wrestlemania. You can guarantee that the last one Undertaker will be the main focus, main event and his final match ever will be hyped like hell. I think if he only has one match a year, 25-0 is a possibility.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 03 Aug 2012, 2:39 pm

Crimey wrote:

They would have made a much bigger deal out of it if it was his last Wrestlemania. You can guarantee that the last one Undertaker will be the main focus, main event and his final match ever will be hyped like hell. I think if he only has one match a year, 25-0 is a possibility.

What about the "End of an Era" hype and the picture of HBK, HHH, and Taker embracing on the stage? I'd be willing to bet if it wasnt for The Rock vs Cena that would have been the main event. I can see where your coming from though.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 03 Aug 2012, 2:41 pm

Undertaker has also appeared on WWE TV since, I am sure that his last appearance will be a Wrestlemania match.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 4:39 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:

But would they even want to work a program together anyway. There appears to be some niggle between the two and with it possibly being Lesnar's last match who's to say he doesn't "shoot" on Taker on his way out?

That said it would be a fascinating match up.

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:12 pm

Ok time to get carried away. How about this? Undertaker will go out at Wrestlemania 30. He'll go one on one with Cena in a title and streak match. Taker will win keeping his streak in tact and shocking everyone by winning the title. After the match Cena will then turn heel by literally finishing the Undertaker forever. Not exactly sure how but by taking him out so badly he will never come back.

But my point in relation to the thread is. A) Taker isn't finished. B)he'll go out at Mania.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:13 pm

He'll go out on top, beating somebody...not quite sure who, possibly Cena.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:18 pm

Would Cena be willing to lose at Mania again?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:20 pm

2012 defeat to the Rock
2011 Defeat to the Miz

2013 the Undertaker defeating cena? Just cant see a 3 loss streak for the top guy in the company myself

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:21 pm

Adam D wrote:Would Cena be willing to lose at Mania again?

I don't think he'll be leaving this Wrestlemania. I think wrestling one match a year means they'll keep it going for a few more years yet. Won't be surprised to see Lesnar, Rock and Cena all get a match with him, possibly even Punk if he can get big enough.

Cena can win at 2 or 3 'Mania's before he faces 'Taker.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:29 pm

It has to be a realistic loss though. HBK who is the greatest wrestler of all time and mr.wrestlemania wa sunable to beat him, Tripl H one of the most intense and greatest wrestler/champion of all time, lost twice where he beat him within an inch of his life including in HIAC.

Cena shouldn't get the streak in my eyes because he isn't on their level. The Rock maybe but wouldn't see the point considering he's part time at best.

Lesnar, not a chance, not with the bad blood between them and again with Lesnar being part time.

I think realistically its just Punk left, and the win would really establish himself as the man of the company, simple as. I think Taker would be more willing for a guy like Punk to go over him than Cena imo.

If I had it my way, Taker would be finished after that 'end of an era match'. It was fitting, it wa sthe curtain call on all of their Mania careers and put on one of the most brutal matches ever seen in a wrestling ring. Another match would have to be better, I don't think it could. But the WWE want to squeeze every last cent out of the streak unfortunately.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:33 pm

I am not saying anybody will beat 'Taker. I don't think anybody will, or should. I don't think it would mean as much as it could have done years ago, it's clear that he's broken down in the ring and as much as the character will pull him through, beating the Undertaker wouldn't have the same effect.

I don't think the 'end of the era' match was the perfect end at all. Undertaker's final match deserves the spotlight, and it will have the spotlight.

He's appeared again in the WWE since which for me means he is definitely not finished and will have at least one more match at 'Mania, I think he'll have 3-5 more depending on how his knees etc. hold up.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:42 pm

I don't see the point, we all know he's going to win. When Randy Orton was the legend killer, I was genuinely convinced he would win which keeps me interested in the streak.

Same with HBK, I thought he might win, convinced the second time around but it never happened.

Triple H it was obvious the game-uhhh was going to lose. He needs an opponent where there is a genuine chance he can lose. I may be contradicting myself here after my comments on Cena in people's opinion, but even if he did face Cena I would be totally convinced he would win.

Punk is another story, I would be inclined to think Punk has a 60-40 chance of winning.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:53 pm

People say it every year that Undertaker is always dead certain to win, yet every time 'Mania comes around the doubt starts to creep in.

You always know that James Bond will defeat the villain, but it doesn't stop you from enjoying the movie. You suspend your belief for the time.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:05 pm

Crimey wrote:You always know that James Bond will defeat the villain, but it doesn't stop you from enjoying the movie. You suspend your belief for the time.

ermmmm kinda does when you know everytime he will kill the villain and have his filthy way with the beautiful woman you see him meet at the start of the film......too predictable to me.....like a cena match oooooo thats right i just went there Wink
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:05 pm

Crimey wrote:People say it every year that Undertaker is always dead certain to win, yet every time 'Mania comes around the doubt starts to creep in.

You always know that James Bond will defeat the villain, but it doesn't stop you from enjoying the movie. You suspend your belief for the time.

Not for me unfortunately crimey, its become too predictable for me. In fairness, the only time I've thought there was a chance was HBK 1st time around (2nd time career vs streak, who's career was most likely to continue, too obvious, still a great match) and Randy Orton. Apart from that its never been in doubt. Although like I said, it doesn't put a dampner on the matches which have been superb.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:22 am

I still think the movie comparison stands, you know that the good guy will win, you suspend your belief for the period of the movie.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CenaNuff Mon 06 Aug 2012, 8:12 pm

CM Punk will end the streak at Mania 29 after he drops the title to the Rock at the Rumble.

CenaNuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down