The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undertaker confirms that he will be at Wrestlemania

+16
Dolphin Ziggler
GSC
Crimey
jai.roberts
Dr Gregory House MD
crippledtart
NickisBHAFC
JoshSansom
Kay Fabe
theundisputedY2D2
The Awesome Giz
Brady12
VDT
MtotheC
Hero
BD21
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Undertaker confirms that he will be at Wrestlemania Empty Undertaker confirms that he will be at Wrestlemania

Post by BD21 Thu 06 Dec 2012, 7:53 pm

This past week he contacted officials to say he was ready to go for Wrestlemania 29. He is now training for his return and has bought up a name he would like to face. This is reportedly not Triple H or Ryback.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Undertaker confirms that he will be at Wrestlemania Empty Re: Undertaker confirms that he will be at Wrestlemania

Post by Hero Thu 06 Dec 2012, 7:58 pm

Please let it be Cena and then we don't get Rock v Cena again.

Contenders basically then are...

Punk
Lesnar
Cena
Kane
Orton
One of the Shield (if the push continues)

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Undertaker confirms that he will be at Wrestlemania Empty Re: Undertaker confirms that he will be at Wrestlemania

Post by MtotheC Thu 06 Dec 2012, 8:01 pm

Once the rumble has played out we'll be in a much better position to call this one, it should give clarity on punk, cena and rocks position

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 06 Dec 2012, 8:05 pm

I can only see it being Punk if expected he loses the title!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 06 Dec 2012, 8:07 pm

I'll be stunned if its not one of Punk, Lesnar or Cena. No one else is a feasible threat to the streak

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Thu 06 Dec 2012, 8:12 pm

To be fair Taker could come out take a dump on the American flag and chokeslam the kid in cena gear in the front row and everyone will be happy.

I agree only Lesnar and Cena are threats to the streak. Still good to see the guy being rolled out again. Fans like the streak match as its always a good match, in recent years anyway. Edge Taker will always be one of my all time favourites.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 06 Dec 2012, 8:21 pm

Brady12 wrote:I'll be stunned if its not one of Punk, Lesnar or Cena. No one else is a feasible threat to the streak

Add Brimstone & George Barrios to that list Brady

The Awesome Giz wrote:To be fair Taker could come out take a dump on the American flag and chokeslam the kid in cena gear in the front row and everyone will be happy.

I'd rather see him chokeslam the American flag & take a dump on the kid in Cena gear in the front row Giz OK

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 06 Dec 2012, 9:05 pm

Shock horror!

If it's Cena it'd close the show, I don't want Taker or Cena closing the show, it would be funny if it was CM Punk he wants given how he crapped all over him 3 years ago.

Cena vs Taker would solve a lot of problems but unless The Undertaker's match goes on last I'd say the likelyhood of him losing is nil

I hope it's Daniel Bryan, if Taker is the one choosing his opponent I hope he decides to make a star, he only shows up for the big night so it'd be great if he actually used that stage to elevate someone instead of having an over the top ego boost

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 06 Dec 2012, 9:11 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:Shock horror!

If it's Cena it'd close the show, I don't want Taker or Cena closing the show, it would be funny if it was CM Punk he wants given how he crapped all over him 3 years ago.

Cena vs Taker would solve a lot of problems but unless The Undertaker's match goes on last I'd say the likelyhood of him losing is nil

I hope it's Daniel Bryan, if Taker is the one choosing his opponent I hope he decides to make a star, he only shows up for the big night so it'd be great if he actually used that stage to elevate someone instead of having an over the top ego boost

I think it will be Bryan v Kane but I'd love to see Bryan v Taker
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 06 Dec 2012, 9:38 pm

I think it's Bryan vs Kane too, in my hope of hopes though I just hope that Kane is the bridge that could take Bryan to Taker

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 06 Dec 2012, 9:42 pm

Taker v Rock? I can't remember them hugely having a programme back in the day so it would be reasonably fresh.

Would still guess it would be:

Cena v Rock
Punk v Ryback
Lesnar v Taker
Orton v Ziggler v Sheamus
Mysterio v Sin Cara
Bryan v Kane

Alongside some kind of tag title match, a women's match / celeb spot and possibly something involving the Shield

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 06 Dec 2012, 9:46 pm

Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar it should be IMO. Lesnar has beaten HHH and said he has done everything he has to do and has "quit" When Lesnar returns he is confronted by the Undertaker. Simples.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 06 Dec 2012, 9:54 pm

With rumours recently that WWE plans to end the show with punk's match, and talk that taker is concerned about the toll on his body a match with Brock would take, I would say punk is the clear favourite for the role

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 06 Dec 2012, 10:13 pm

I really think Punk should lose his title at Elimination Chamber, this would send him off the deep end, outraged that after a 400+ (500?) day reign he is left without a top line match at Mania, a crazed Punk could try and force Undertaker into a match to get the top line match he feels he deserved.

Punk could go out on his sheild at the end of the match earning the respect he has been craving from the roster and give him some much needed time off.

This would allow Punk some time off to recuparate and close this 'respect' chapter allowing him to come back and do something different upon his return.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Thu 06 Dec 2012, 10:17 pm

How much would we all mark out if Punk ended the streak.....

Taker don't wanna go no more and thinks Punks the man....who knows

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 06 Dec 2012, 11:04 pm

For me, I think Bryan is probably the best option. I don't get this "genuine threat to the streak", the only time since Wrestlemania 20 that I could have seen Undertaker losing the streak was against Orton or against Michaels at 'Mania 26. I don't think he'll ever lose it, I certainly don't think Punk, Lesnar or Cena will take it this year so the match would be best used getting somebody over in a major program and my choice would be Bryan.

I think the style of Bryan would suit 'Taker as it's not really fast, but isn't a Lesnar-esque match which would involve lots of hard spots.

I'm not sure if WWE are ready to give Bryan such a big match yet though, despite his excellent work although I agree with gaffer that there is definitely a link there with Kane if the WWE want to use it.

I think it should be Orton, as a more likely option, it'd fit in with people getting second shots at the streak ala Michaels and Triple H, and would be a big name to go up against him as well as manage to turn him heel and possibly for those who believe Undertaker might lose at Wrestlemania is quite a believable option to beat Undertaker considering Undertaker has offered him it before and he has been number 2, if not number 1 in the company before.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 06 Dec 2012, 11:10 pm

For the month or so post WM, I thought WWE were setting Cena vs Taker up on the basis that ending the streak would be the only way for Cena to get over his loss to the Rock but that ended p.quickly.

Don't really see the point of Lesnar-Undertaker. WWE gains nothing from it really, if the streak is going to end itll be at WM 30, so why book somebody on the edge to lose strongly.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 06 Dec 2012, 11:21 pm

DB would be a well deserved Mania showing too being that his last two had on the dark match and then last year the quick loss to Sheamus.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 06 Dec 2012, 11:27 pm

What about Rock vs The Undertaker, there is a genuine respect and friendship there and they've never faced off at WrestleMania, I think that could be a possibility

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 07 Dec 2012, 12:10 am

I dont think Taker will be in a title match, and as such I can't see it being The Rock because he seems either set for the title, or will be coming into having lost to Punk.

Punk and Lesnar both have storyline reasons, the respect angle for Punk and the fact Lesnar said he'd done everything left to do in the company by beating HHH. Lesnar may be too physically demanding, same with Ryback, so that could be a problem.

I've long wanted it to be Bryan or Ziggler, two guys who have the potential to be huge, and could probably do a lot of the hard work for Taker. Bryan has the Kane link (although for him to have such a feud with Kane for it to be worthy of Taker getting involved then surely Kane would want the match, and if they have to injure him to sell it then Kane gets no appearance at WM), whilst I'd love to see Ziggler adopt the Superkick and claim he is the new HBK, claim he is better and would never have had to retire to Taker or something.

Orton would be interesting, would add that 'credible threat' vibe, and gives him something big to do to put him back in the star bracket of attractions.

Does the guy facing him need to play the heel? Its not been that way recently.

What you've all been wanting to say is that it is one man's 'destiny' to end the streak. Alberto Del Rio vs The Undertaker for the next four Wrestlemanias

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 07 Dec 2012, 8:20 am

I think if Orton did face Undertaker, he is so obviously a natural heel and Undertaker so massively over that he'd turn heel automatically, I think you'd also get the best out of the feud with a heel Orton and a face Undertaker and there are rumours that WWE want to turn Orton heel again on his return to the main event.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 07 Dec 2012, 12:32 pm

If Punk takes the streak then I will stop watching wrestling, for anyone to take the streak it needs to be a moment that propels them forward to superstardom.

Well that and the fact that the Streak should never be broken,

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 07 Dec 2012, 1:04 pm

Gregers wrote:If Punk takes the streak then I will stop watching wrestling, for anyone to take the streak it needs to be a moment that propels them forward to superstardom.

picard

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 07 Dec 2012, 1:18 pm

Mr H wrote:
Gregers wrote:If Punk takes the streak then I will stop watching wrestling, for anyone to take the streak it needs to be a moment that propels them forward to superstardom.

picard
picard picard

http://m.youtube.com/results?gl=GB&client=mv-rim&hl=en-GB&q=I+know+nothing&submit=Search

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 07 Dec 2012, 1:27 pm

Who's that directed at KFC?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Dec 2012, 1:44 pm

I reckon lesnar or punk, it won't be Cena as I don't think they'd have him lose 3 straight at mania

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 07 Dec 2012, 1:48 pm

What about Kane ending the streak at WM 30 and both retiring? Fitting end?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 07 Dec 2012, 1:54 pm

Interesting that it says he's pitched an opponent to WWE, makes it sound like it's someone outwith any possibilities Vince & Co. came up with.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 07 Dec 2012, 2:16 pm

GSC wrote:What about Kane ending the streak at WM 30 and both retiring? Fitting end?

Buried alive match, Taker buries Kane before lights go out and when they come back on the grave has RIP Kane and Undertaker.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 07 Dec 2012, 2:17 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:
Mr H wrote:

picard
picard picard

http://m.youtube.com/results?gl=GB&client=mv-rim&hl=en-GB&q=I+know+nothing&submit=Search

Great responses lads, really gets the discussion going

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 07 Dec 2012, 2:18 pm

I know the general consensus is that he should face an established A-List star, but if written correctly they could use this to put over someone WWE feel is right on the edge of stardom.

Lets pick.. hmmm.. Cody Rhodes.
Undertaker makes his miraculous return and rather than living in the moment, says that he will announce his Wrestlemania opponent.. next week!

Cody Rhodes comes out with a promo along the lines of
"Who are you going to pick this year? Let me guess, another has been. You've always protected your streak. You've never taken on anyone at the right time. You avoided Warrior, Hart, Austin, and The Rock. You didn't fight Shawn Michaels until the twilight of his career. You keep beating down the same hacks time and time again. How many times do you need to fight Kane and HHH? We all know you can beat them. What you've never done is take on a real threat. Someone in his prime who is a genuine threat to your streak."

Now I know the above statement isn't accurate, but then it's not designed to be. It'd be delivered to kayfabe wind up the Undertaker into accepting the match.
Thoughts?

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 07 Dec 2012, 2:22 pm

Great point KV. Also if someone like Cody, Ziggler, Barrett etc was to take on taker and take the streak they would be a megastar overnight. Even if they didn't take the streak look at what it did having a great losing effort to a certain Randy Orton's career. That was his defining moment and that is how it should be used. Not to have a match against someone like Punk where Taker will go over and it doesn't help anyone.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 07 Dec 2012, 2:31 pm

Exactly! It did wonders for Orton. The Legend Killer comes up short, but was over for it. I have no problem with it going to Punk, although he doesn't need it. I don't doubt it would be a good match and the story arc well played out. But for me, it screams opportunity to get a new guy over. The guy people are tuning into see in three years time.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 07 Dec 2012, 2:43 pm

Cena had that against JBL, Orton against Taker. Punk against Cena.

Now we need Ziggler, Rhodes, Sheamus and Barrett to receive that sort of put over.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 07 Dec 2012, 2:51 pm

They could even have a triple threat, say Barrett, Ziggler and Taker. It'd protect him whilst the other two go at it. And you could have them both at some point hit their finisher on Taker whilst the other stops the count. Then Undertaker rallies at the end for the win. Afterwards Taker takes his annual break (easy work if you can get it) whilst the other two carry on the feud.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:01 pm

Gregers wrote:Great point KV. Also if someone like Cody, Ziggler, Barrett etc was to take on taker and take the streak they would be a megastar overnight. Even if they didn't take the streak look at what it did having a great losing effort to a certain Randy Orton's career. That was his defining moment and that is how it should be used. Not to have a match against someone like Punk where Taker will go over and it doesn't help anyone.

Disagree massively that it was the defining moment of Orton's career. Beating Chris Benoit to become the youngest World Champion of all time and breaking out of Evolution the year before facing Taker was his defining moment.

I also disagree that Punk doesnt need it. He does need it. He hasnt had a Wrestlemania moment or a marquee match. Facing Taker at Mania and earning peoples' respect after an epic match would elevate him to the next level.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:04 pm

Is that the title reign that he had too early and was rushed so that Brock Lesnar was no longer the youngest WWE World Champion of all time?

Is that also the feud with Evolution that went so badly that he was switched back to being a Heel at the earliest opportunity?

Career defining for Orton was the match versus Taker

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:07 pm

I just don't get this "he needs a moment" stuff. What the hell is that?
Surely being at Wrestlemania, taking on a top star is enough of a moment?
Who's he had? Jericho, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio and two MitB wins over the last 5 years. Seems pretty good to me!

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:14 pm

Gregers wrote:Is that the title reign that he had too early and was rushed so that Brock Lesnar was no longer the youngest WWE World Champion of all time?

Is that also the feud with Evolution that went so badly that he was switched back to being a Heel at the earliest opportunity?

Career defining for Orton was the match versus Taker

Sorry gregers but i think you are wrong. Randy Orton will be remembered more for becoming the youngest world champion of all time than he will for losing to The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Winning your first world title at Summerslam, clean in the middle of the ring, regardless of what happened with the booking afterwards, is by far and away a career defining moment for anyone.

And KV, its about making CM Punk a top top box office star, on a par with The Rock, Lesnar, Cena. If they want to do that he has to have a Wrestlemania moment against a marquee level guy. Randy Orton, Jericho and Mysterio are not at that level.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:26 pm

I disagree. Being against a top star or in the main event will not guarantee that moment. It's up to him and his opponent to create it. If he's really that good it wouldn't be a problem. Examples: Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon and Macho Man vs Ricky Steamboat. That's four mid-carders who stole their respective Manias and made themselves stars in the process.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:30 pm

I wouldnt pit Punk in with Taker, not because Punk doesn't need it, but because Punk does need a Major WrestleMania win

As for the 'great points' lads, its been clear by other peoples comments that you simply don't like or rate Punk so what's the point in attempting to debate any Punk point with you?
You've got your own opinions of the guy and I'm cool with that, even though I disagree but debating about it will be pointless when one party isn't open to the possibility he may be wrong

For the record I've said if I could hand pick someone it would be Daniel Bryan

I think the feud with The Undertaker did Randy Orton wonders at the time but that's not what he'll be remembered for by the majority, maybe by the purists but not the majority, like everything else it'll be looked back on with Nostalgia, he'll be remembered for being the Kid in Evolution to becoming the youngest World Champion then to go on to win 10+ World Titles as well as Punting Vince McMahon and winning the Royal Rumble

His feud with The Undertaker was an important part of his growth but Orton was born to Wrestle for the WWE, if it wasn't Taker it would have been someone else somewhere down the line

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:34 pm

Have any of Taker's 'victims' at Mania profitted from their match?

Did it change anything for Orton, Edge, HBK, HHH etc?

I would argue a loss, even if the match were 5* would not do much for any of the potential opponents for Taker. Bryan, Punk, Ziggler etc ultimately it wouldn't mean anything because at the end of the day a) it was a loss and b) it is a loss in the most predictable match of the year. Unless the WWE seriously consider breaking the streak and having Taker put someone over the match will be meaningless.

Please someone put forward an argument that Edges' and Orton's loss to Taker at Mania changed the course of their careers for the better, because I can't think of one.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:43 pm

I disagree, if someone like Daniel Bryan can be shown to push The Undertaker all the way in an event where no-one has ever beaten him then I believe it would propel him.

Edge was a main eventer before his mania match with Taker but many considered that match his best Mania match until the Shawn Matches and still do outwith those 2 HBK matches, it also signaled Edge was the top heel in the company, higher than Orton who was WWE Champ on RAW

It obviously didn't do anything for HBK or HHH as they didn't need the rub, although Shawns last run from August 09-April 10 was one of his best for character in years and years, he was the lead guy in DX, all that came from the bitterness he had from losing to Taker

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 07 Dec 2012, 4:01 pm

I'm not saying I don't like or rate Punk, I'm saying he doesn't need Taker and Taker doesn't need him. Taker rarely faces the top guy of the moment at Wrestlemania. That's how the streak got going in the first place. There is no way in 1991 Vinnie Mac thought of the streak. The fact it even got off the ground in the first place was more luck than judgement. Undertaker would've been a lamb to the slaughter if he'd have faced Hogan in 91, Warrior in 92, Hart in 94 or Austin in 99.

It's only after he first faced HHH that the streak really started to get going and become that must-watch match. For that reason Talking Point, it has been good for Orton. A young up and comer, a future star in a dry roster gets put in one of the biggest matches at Wrestlemania. The passing fan took note. And they should use the Undertaker's match for people to take note of another up and comer. Like Daniel Bryan. But not the main guy. It was fine when he took on Edge and Batista, Undertaker still had something left in the tank, but now it should go back to what it was: the top draws duke it out, and Undertaker is used to get over an upper mid-carder.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 07 Dec 2012, 4:05 pm

I wasn't talking to you when I said you didn't rate Punk, it was to the guy who doesn't like or rate him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 07 Dec 2012, 4:11 pm

Sorry Kay Fabe, a misunderstanding.
I can be critical of CM Punk, for instance when the two "best in the world" face off, they've only themselves to blame if that doesn't become a considered classic. But I do like him.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 07 Dec 2012, 4:18 pm

I really like the idea of Bryan and Kane still being tag champions and facing each other at WM to prove who the best!

Apart from Taker, I can't see who Punk could face if the rumours are true about the unificition tile between The Rock and Cena and with Big Show taking on Ryback and Orton v Ziggler. I'm guessing HHH will face Brock.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 07 Dec 2012, 4:26 pm

I think its about just being in a high profile feud for someone like Bryan. He'd lose, granted, but he'd get the rub of being in something massive, there would be far more focus and he'd be clearly seen as a serious player in the business. If you think of it like a PR exercise, the column inches for Bryan in a feud with Kane do not compare with the same thing in a feud with Taker.

I don't think it would be what he's remembered for, but it may be extremely important. Whilst Orton will be remembered for his age at the title, it may not have been as important for his standing with the audience as a match with Taker, even if they dont remember it as well as its not a record or an accolade.

You'd hope Punk has a huge match, unless they have promised him Austin next year so give him someone a little lower profile this time around, ie a Sheamus or Ryback type.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 07 Dec 2012, 4:32 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:I think its about just being in a high profile feud for someone like Bryan. He'd lose, granted, but he'd get the rub of being in something massive, there would be far more focus and he'd be clearly seen as a serious player in the business. If you think of it like a PR exercise, the column inches for Bryan in a feud with Kane do not compare with the same thing in a feud with Taker.

I don't think it would be what he's remembered for, but it may be extremely important. Whilst Orton will be remembered for his age at the title, it may not have been as important for his standing with the audience as a match with Taker, even if they dont remember it as well as its not a record or an accolade.

You'd hope Punk has a huge match, unless they have promised him Austin next year so give him someone a little lower profile this time around, ie a Sheamus or Ryback type.

You could have Hell No loss the titles. Bryan blames Kane for the defeat and goes crazy with a chair seriously injuring Kane forcing him to retire

A proper attitude era Chair beating, where it starts off at a ring side with chair shots all the to the back making its way the car park! Kane a bloody mess struggling to stand then SLAM, Bryan hits him with a car pinning him to wall then carries on with a chair, maybe gets knee capped with a slegde hammer! Something like that!

so Kane gets his brother in to get his revenge!

VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 07 Dec 2012, 5:12 pm

Thats always how I thought it could be set up, though more that Undertaker comes in to avenge rather than asked in by Kane, but it would mean Bryan going full heel originally, which im not sure WWE want as they like him being liked, plus it means Kane gets no match at Wrestlemania, which would be harsh.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next