The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Euro Division Homepage XXVIII

+13
Zinedine_Ze_Zebra
Trebs
Marky
Bull
The Special Juan
Gregers
TwisT
FIFA Diva
Good Golly I'm Olly
Russell_Elmo
Afro
sodhat
Hero
17 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Euro Division Homepage XXVIII - Page 3 Empty The Euro Division Homepage XXVIII

Post by Hero Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:19 am

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Season 3 Week 2:

TACTICS DUE IN BY 11:59pm ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

Clarification: Betting players or money between 2 clubs is strictly prohibited

Participants: Olly, T5J, Twi5t, 5odhat, Ru55, Nando, Marky (if we spoon feed him), Greger5

Telegraph League Details:
606v2 Euro Division
PIN: 8008569

Everyone in Premier League (who votes on Championship) send their results to:
Hero

Everyone in Championship (who votes on Premier League) send their results to:
Olly

To Qualify for the £2M Bonus, teams need to post their tactics by Midnight on Wednesday and PM their results by Midnight on Friday

Premier League

Real Ale Sociedad - TwisT The London Silly Nannies - SodhatAC ALittleSilhouetteoOfAMan (AC ALSOAM) - MarkyViva City - VivaPaulScholes Athletico Bilbao Baggins FC - Hero
Jacamos United - The Special JuanHangover 69 - Gregers

Treble's Revenge - onlytreblewinners

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Championship

Holton FC - Olly Barearselona - Fernando Real NADrid©®™ V2 - NadeemSubstandard Liege - Afro Neymar FC - cherriesfan
Go Ahead Eagles - Russell_Elmo Gotham City Rovers - TheBrahmaBull

City Of Norwich FC - ncfc_Tooze

Last edited by Hero on Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The Euro Division Homepage XXVIII - Page 3 Empty Re: The Euro Division Homepage XXVIII

Post by sodhat Mon 03 Sep 2012, 5:04 pm

Sorry Hero I've done a deal with Viva already.

He did Afro, but I'm a really nice guy.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

The Euro Division Homepage XXVIII - Page 3 Empty Re: The Euro Division Homepage XXVIII

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 5:11 pm

Soddy and Bull post up what teams you get from your drafts this evening so I can see how you guys went!

They are really good fun I must say, especially if most can make it. We had around 11/12 there for us, and the chat was really good, I had two WR's lined up at one point in a row, and the two picks before me took both of them mad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 03 Sep 2012, 6:47 pm

Hulk to Zenit I see. Well, whatever rating he had it will go.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 03 Sep 2012, 6:50 pm

And Witsel going there as well it seems. Shame quite liked him.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 03 Sep 2012, 6:56 pm

Evening. Phone screen fixed, one of those dodgy shops that do mobile phone unlocking and repairs, £30 and 15 minutes later, my phone is fixed!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 03 Sep 2012, 6:59 pm

Yes I liked Witsel too. Dirty sod but gets the job done. Nice hair too, I should sign him and therefore I'd have Witsel, Fellaini and Dante.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:16 pm

Russia or Portugal? Don't see much difference between how players get rated in each league tbh. Sideways
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:26 pm

Nah Portugal is better

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:51 pm

Russia is a higher standard outside the top 2 or 3, although the top sides are on a par I would say.

However, there is next to no coverage of Russia and as a consequence players ratings suffer.

Plus Doumbia scores goals in Russia, which makes you question the defences.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:53 pm

Lets be honest who regularly watches Portugese or Russian domestic football? We only get to see them in the CL/Europa League, so there is little coverage of either.

But 50 million euros for Hulk and 40 million for Witsel is huge money from Zenit
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:54 pm

40m for Witsel? Shocked Where on Earth did Zenit get 100m euros from? And how are they flouting the Financial Fair Play rules?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:57 pm

I see a darn site more Portuguese football than Russia.

The only time I ever see any coverage of Russia is the odd bit on Eurosport programmes
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:58 pm

The Special Juan wrote:40m for Witsel? Shocked Where on Earth did Zenit get 100m euros from? And how are they flouting the Financial Fair Play rules?

Because Gazprom, Zenit's owners, are UEFA sponsors. OK
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:58 pm

Because if anyone argues with them they'll be found clutching their throat whilst eatting their tea or locked up in a bag in their bathroom?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:59 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:I see a darn site more Portuguese football than Russia.

The only time I ever see any coverage of Russia is the odd bit on Eurosport programmes

In general in the league, the majority I doubt watch much of either.

We need to bring back Fan to keep us up to date with these leagues
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:00 pm

Is that what happened to Gareth Williams, the MI5 officer? He questioned Zenit's FFP?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:01 pm

Those leagues are far too mainstream for Fan, he's down with the Romanian under 12 deaf league, that's where the talent is.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:01 pm

Olly wrote:

I can't argue with that. There aren't many as sad as me Sad
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:02 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:Is that what happened to Gareth Williams, the MI5 officer? He questioned Zenit's FFP?

He also wondered how City got away with the stadium naming and Chelsea got the reversal on the transfer embargo.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:03 pm

Hero wrote:Those leagues are far too mainstream for Fan, he's down with the Romanian under 12 deaf league, that's where the talent is.

Fan probably picked Dejan Iliev out of the Macedonian 3rd division for Arsenal Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:03 pm

Laugh Brilliant Laugh
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:04 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:
Olly wrote:

I can't argue with that. There aren't many as sad as me Sad

It's ok Afro. You are just more football crazy that the rest of us Laugh

But you can't touch Fan in terms of this though
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:07 pm

I have a regular tendancy to wake in the middle of the night and not get back to sleep, so I have a Sky+ box stocked with football shows. They tend to see me through most nights.

One problem is that there have been occasions on here that I remember something that I may well have actually dreamed when I have fallen asleep Laugh
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:08 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:I have a regular tendancy to wake in the middle of the night and not get back to sleep, so I have a Sky+ box stocked with football shows. They tend to see me through most nights.

One problem is that there have been occasions on here that I remember something that I may well have actually dreamed when I have fallen asleep Laugh

Laugh Laugh Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:12 pm

With the news last night over Ronaldo crying himself to sleep etc anyone with the following could happen:

Rooney & Nani to Real
Ronaldo to Utd?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:15 pm

ENQ.

Would you do that deal (IRL)?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:17 pm

Nope

Nani is poo

Rooney has a gash

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:18 pm

With Ronaldo due to start negotiating a new contract, I think the games have begun.

He sees worse players at the likes of PSG and Man City earning the same as him and this is his ploy to get more.

They are also saying that he was uset at not getting the Balon d'Or. and his Real teammates congratulating Iniesta rather than supporting Ronaldo

I can't see him moving, but if he does, then PSG and Man City would be favourites
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:21 pm

sodhat wrote:Nope

Nani is poo

Rooney has a gash

Colleen has a name you know.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:23 pm

Thoughts on AC ALSOAM's newest signings?

Pablo Osvaldo and Fredy Guarin The Euro Division Homepage XXVIII - Page 3 3559488474

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:24 pm

Your scout Afro did well there for you.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:27 pm

Osvaldo - good for goals, started well and scored some good goals already.

Guarin - underrated utility midfielder. Like a poor mans Vidal, although hasn't done as well for Inter as he did for Porto yet.

Good signings, but I would say back-up rather than first team for you
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:29 pm

Ok what about Holton's new signings

Per Mertesacker and Robert Snodgrass The Euro Division Homepage XXVIII - Page 3 3559488474
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:31 pm

Erm. Going to be positive.

Mertesacker is very tall and Snodgrass looked brilliant in the championship and is a definate must for your Norwich love-in.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:33 pm

Mertesacker also has 80+ caps for Germany, and is part of the Arsenal defence that is yet to concede a goal this season thumbsup

Snoddy I think will be great for us this season, tore Assou-Ekkoto apart on Saturday (although thats not too hard cos he is pants imo)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:36 pm

I actually think Snodgrass could be a bargain buy. He did look class in the champioship and if he continues that with Norwich and continues what he did at the weekend, then he's a great signing.

However, the squads reboot in a couple of months. Is that long enough for him to build a rating enough to get into your starting XI.

Mertesacker I have worries about his pace. He takes too long to turn and I wouldn't fancy him against the better strikers. But good for crosses into the box.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:37 pm

Hero wrote:Your scout Afro did well there for you.

Actually, TalkSport told me about Osvaldo's good start to the season, Guarin has been a target for a while.

Afro is right, its about strengthening my squad rather than adding first teamers.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:40 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:I actually think Snodgrass could be a bargain buy. He did look class in the champioship and if he continues that with Norwich and continues what he did at the weekend, then he's a great signing.

However, the squads reboot in a couple of months. Is that long enough for him to build a rating enough to get into your starting XI.

Mertesacker I have worries about his pace. He takes too long to turn and I wouldn't fancy him against the better strikers. But good for crosses into the box.

Well Snoddy is only going to be a backup for me behind Hulk and Bale. But in Snoddy and Pablo Hernandez I have two pretty good backup wingers who could make a big impact in the PL.

Mertesacker despite the lack of pace, has good positional play and I think with a good covering defender is a good player. But probs won't start for me
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:12 pm

Hero,

Not sure you got the best Greek winger.

This is real future superstar in my opinion.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/giannis-gianniotas/profil/spieler_136643.html

If I can offload some numbers, I will be going for him
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:13 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:Not sure you got the best Greek winger.

This is real future superstar in my opinion.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/giannis-gianniotas/profil/spieler_136643.html

If I can offload some numbers, I will be going for him

I was going to go for him too but I'm struggling with cash and numbers. If I could I would though - he is going to be a massive star, and soon.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:14 pm

Here you go olly

Matthew Stafford
Jamaal Charles
Reggie Bush
Brandon Lloyd
Greg Jennings
Kyle Rudolph
Kevin Smith
Jay Cutler
Taiwan Jones
Shane Vereen
Nate Burleson
James JonesWR
Owen DanielsTE
Mason Crosby

Detroit Lions(DEF)

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:16 pm

In a years time certainly Gianniatos but thought Ninis would be the better to go for at present with him taking my Giovincos spot at Parma.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:16 pm

He's still cheap as well Sod. Can't see his price staying that low very long
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:18 pm

Hero wrote:In a years time certainly Gianniatos but thought Ninis would be the better to go for at present with him taking my Giovincos spot at Parma.

Ninis is good, but it's like going for Di Maria instead of Ronaldo.

Gianniatos is a monster. Being linked with Real and Barcelona
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:20 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:Here you go olly

Matthew Stafford - Considering you got Cutler later, I would have gone for someone else here.
Jamaal Charles - Like this pick a lot, think he will breakout this year.
Reggie Bush - Again solid pick, just hope he has his head screwed on right.
Brandon Lloyd - Think this is a good pick, should put up good numbers.
Greg Jennings - You said it was between Jennings and AJ Green, I would have gone Green, because Jennings does pick up injuries.
Kyle Rudolph - Love this guy, should breakout this year.
Kevin Smith - Not too sure on this one tbh.
Jay Cutler - Would have waited to pick up another QB later, with already having Stafford.
Taiwan Jones - Literally dunno who he is lol.
Shane Vereen - Poor pick. Pats don't run the ball anyways, but when they do it will be Ridley and Woodhead. Vereen isn't in the good books.
Nate Burleson - Like him a lot, but has the potential to go either way.
James Jones - Not too sure on him, with Cobb coming through. Poor hands as well.
Owen Daniels - Solid pick
Mason Crosby - Solid pick
Detroit Lions(DEF) - Poor defense to pick for me, in a tough division and they suck lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:20 pm

This was my draft Olly. Not too confident in my WRs and RBs but a couple of decent players in there. Cam better be beastly again.

Cam Newton QB
Joe Flacco QB
Michael Turner RB
Shonn Greene RB
Peyton Hillis RB
James Stark RB
Roddy White WR
Eric Decker WR
Mario Manningham WR
Darrius Heyward-Bey WR
Jerome Simpson WR
Coby Fleener TE
Jared Cook TE
Robbie Gould K
Pittsburgh Steelers DEF

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:21 pm

Oh Papadopoulos scored for Schalke this week btw Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:23 pm

i read the DEF think and it said the Lions have the second Best Defence so i went with it

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:23 pm

You stole Manningham from me Sodhat

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:25 pm

That's not true now, is it?

I drafted him before you did. Got him late and he was damn good value when I picked him up. I reckon people are unsure about the 9ers pass game so it's a risky pick in some ways.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next