The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gossip thread

+22
Crimey
sodhat
Black Squirrel
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
ADMIN
Stealth Maestro Agro Love
tbofram
Liam_Main
Perfect Jack
marcellus wallace
AberdeenSteve
Fernando
Luke
TopoftheChops
hodge
Derbyblue
I Blame Coco
theundisputedY2D2
davidl1061
Kay Fabe
ncfc_Tooze
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
26 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Gossip thread - Page 4 Empty Gossip thread

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 16 Apr 2011, 11:47 am

First topic message reminder :

With the season coming to an end and no summer tournament this could be a big summer for transfers. Here are some of the rumours I've heard. Please leave you're own and discuss the likelyhood of these happening.

Modric to Man Utd £20-£30m
Bale to Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona £30m
Sneijder to Man Utd £25-£30m
Cahill to Arsenal £20m
Tevez to Inter Milan £30m
Pato to Chelsea £25m
Chelsea are apparently seeking out buyers for Drogba
Aquilani to seel £10m move to Juventus
De Rossi to Man Utd £25m
Izaguirre to Aston Villa £8m
Llorente or Aguero or Forlan to Spurs £20m
Joe Cole to West Ham if they stay up

Last edited by prettyboy1304 on Mon 25 Apr 2011, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Gossip thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Gossip thread

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 16 May 2011, 6:50 pm

That was a paper story Guilleme Ballague on revista de la liga said that wasn't true. He knows his stuff would beleive him more than the papers.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 16 May 2011, 6:55 pm

What the family moving bit was a paper story? I would trust Ballague over the papers on anything spanish football related.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 16 May 2011, 7:01 pm

prettyboykev wrote:Think City would be a better bet. He would cost £30m+ don't see United spending that as they have Nani and Valencia, he's to good to be a squad player.

I can't see Kaka going anywhere but either Milan on loan.

I wonder if Nani will be there next season, towards the end of this season he's been pushed further and further down the pecking order especially for big games when SAF has relied much more on Park.
I imagine the game v Barca will show how much Nani is part of the future plans, I imagine the midfield will be Valencia, Carrick, Fletcher, Park with Rooney coming back to help out when needed (ie 95% of the time).
Heard a number of rumours that he'll be used as part of the deal to bring Sneijder in the opposite direction.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 16 May 2011, 10:24 pm

If they don't use Nani in the champions league final that would suggest to me he is probably on his way out of the club.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 16 May 2011, 10:27 pm

Carlos Tevez says there's nothing Man City can do to keep him after admitting he could leave in the summer

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 16 May 2011, 10:35 pm

Hero wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:Think City would be a better bet. He would cost £30m+ don't see United spending that as they have Nani and Valencia, he's to good to be a squad player.

I can't see Kaka going anywhere but either Milan on loan.

I wonder if Nani will be there next season, towards the end of this season he's been pushed further and further down the pecking order especially for big games when SAF has relied much more on Park.
I imagine the game v Barca will show how much Nani is part of the future plans, I imagine the midfield will be Valencia, Carrick, Fletcher, Park with Rooney coming back to help out when needed (ie 95% of the time).
Heard a number of rumours that he'll be used as part of the deal to bring Sneijder in the opposite direction.

They rumours have been flying about all summer. It would be a great bit of buisness to get Sneijder and Mata in it would totally change United going forward and on paper it looks awesome.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 16 May 2011, 10:36 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Carlos Tevez says there's nothing Man City can do to keep him after admitting he could leave in the summer

Alot of talk of Inter Milan but I wouldn't be suprised to see him going back to Boca Juniors on loan.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 16 May 2011, 10:41 pm

It's tough to say where he will go, a lot of teams would love to have a player of his quality and who puts the amount of effort he does into a game in their team, but I don't know where he will put up the money to get him. Could Arsenal be interested?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 16 May 2011, 10:48 pm

He wants to leave because his daughters are in Argentina and that is where he wants them to grow up. Somewhere with a winter shutdown maybe but another EPL team seems unlikely.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 16 May 2011, 11:33 pm

I wasn't aware of that, I guess he has enough money now that he can wages shouldn't be an issue.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 17 May 2011, 12:09 pm

West Brom are poised to beat Stoke, Wigan and Bolton to land Leeds winger Bradley Johnson.

Carlton Cole is being lined up as Andy Carroll's replacement at Newcastle.

Manchester City have targeted Everton left-back Leighton Baines as the first stage in their summer reboot.

West Brom boss Roy Hodgson is close to winning the four-way fight for Leeds pay rebel Bradley Johnson.

Derby have made a £1,1million bid for Leicester striker Martyn Waghorn.

Arsenal are set to launch a summer raid for Footballer of the Year Scott Parker.

Chelsea have stepped up their pursuit of Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Willian.

Ipswich boss Paul Jewell will bid £2million for Watford striker Danny Graham.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 17 May 2011, 12:12 pm

prettyboykev wrote:Ipswich boss Paul Jewell will bid £2million for Watford striker Danny Graham.
I would like it to be for that much as I think that would put a bit of money Carlisle's way, but I don't see why Watford would sell the Leagues top scorer to another team in the League unless they're offering crazy money and £2million isn't crazy money.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 17 May 2011, 12:20 pm

Derbyblue wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:Ipswich boss Paul Jewell will bid £2million for Watford striker Danny Graham.
I would like it to be for that much as I think that would put a bit of money Carlisle's way, but I don't see why Watford would sell the Leagues top scorer to another team in the League unless they're offering crazy money and £2million isn't crazy money.

Graham is worth more than that. I can't see Watford selling him for a pittance like that to another team in the Championship.

And I reckon Danny wouldn't want to leave Watford unless it was upwards. (I hope I'm right)

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Squirrel Tue 17 May 2011, 12:25 pm

The race for Scott Parker should be interesting.

Black Squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 17 May 2011, 6:55 pm

Rafael van der Vaart has dismissed fears he will try to engineer a move from Spurs
Ali Al Habsi has told Owen Coyle he will not return to Bolton to sit on the bench
John Carew hopes to earn a Stoke contract in the final two games of the season
Steve Bruce is planning a massive clear-out at the Stadium of Light following Sunderland's dramatic collapse in the second half of the season
Pepe Reina has revealed he demanded reassurances over Liverpool's transfer plans before opting to stay
Notts County boss Martin Allen wants to make Aldershot defender Ben Herd his first signing
Bristol City manager Keith Millen is preparing for the loss of Nicky Maynard to QPR by making a bid for Dundee United forward David Goodwillie
Arsenal are is set to beat Manchester United, Chelsea and Aston Villa to the signing of Barcelona striker Hector Bellerin, 16
QPR are chasing former Portsmouth midfielder Michael Brown

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 18 May 2011, 2:54 pm

Manchester City are willing to smash the world transfer record to bring Cristiano Ronaldo to Eastlands from Real Madrid as a replacement for Carlos Tevez
Liverpool are ready to offer £20m for Lille winger Eden Hazard
Bolton defender Gary Cahill hopes to clinch a "dream" move to Arsenal this summer
Spurs and Newcastle will battle it out with Paris Saint Germain for Lorient striker Kevin Gameiro
Spurs, Arsenal and QPR are all tracking Manchester City keeper Shay Given
Leicester boss Sven-Goran Eriksson wants to sign Aston Villa striker Emile Heskey
Real Madrid's Kaka will snub a move to the Premier League as he wants to stay in Spain
Bayern Munich are set to offer £1.4m for West Brom midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu
Celtic want to sign loan keeper Fraser Forster on a permanent deal from Newcastle
Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and now Everton are tracking Genk's 19-year-old midfielder Kevin de Bruyne
Defender Paul Konchesky could end his miserable spell at Liverpool with a return to Fulham as Carlos Salcido seeks a move back to his native Mexico from Craven Cottage
Arsenal are prepared to sell Andrey Arshavin in the summer to fund the building of a new squad
Rangers defender Sasa Papac insists best friend Nikica Jelavic is ready to stay at Ibrox despite interest from clubs south of the border

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 19 May 2011, 6:41 pm

Rangers and Celtic will battle it out to sign Dundee United striker David Goodwillie
St Johnstone expect veteran defender Michael Duberry to head back south in the summer
Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic has pledged his future to the newly crowned SPL champions, despite reported interest from Manchester United
Manchester United are set to make Lens defender Raphael Varane, 18, their first signing of the summer
West Ham have made an enquiry about Cardiff striker Jay Bothroyd who is a free agent in the summer
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is planning a summer swoop for Chelsea striker Didier Drogba
Arsenal will seek to reinforce the centre of their defence with the £12m signing of Blackburn's Christopher Samba
Leicester could offer left-back Paul Konchesky a way out of his nightmare spell at Liverpool
Everton will look to offload Joseph Yobo, Yakubu and James Vaughan to raise summer transfer funds for manager David Moyes
Tottenham Hotspur will offer Birmingham City £8million for Ben Foster
Striker Jermain Defoe is ready to quit Spurs due to a lack of first-team opportunities
Summer free agent Eidur Gudjohnsen, 32, is a target for QPR.
Wolves boss Mick McCarthy is lining up a £2,5m move for Doncaster frontman Billy Sharp
Aston Villa winger Ashley Young has called for showdown talks with manager Gerard Houllier next week with Liverpool and Manchester United both tracking him
Craig Bellamy will be allowed to leave Manchester City in the summer and could make his loan spell at Cardiff a permanent move
Wigan winger Charles N'Zogbia is being tracked by Liverpool, Spurs, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland and Italian giants Juventus
Arsenal will offer Robin van Persie a five-year contract in a bid to keep him at the Emirates for the rest of his career
Spurs are set to make a £14m bid for Espanyol striker Pablo Osvaldo
QPR are weighing up a move for Argentina international Javier Saviola, 29, who is set to leave Benfica for around £2m
Liverpool have beaten Arsenal and Manchester United to the signing of Irish teenager Alex O'Hanlon

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 19 May 2011, 7:46 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Rangers and Celtic will battle it out to sign Dundee United striker David Goodwillie
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is planning a summer swoop for Chelsea striker Didier Drogba
Arsenal will seek to reinforce the centre of their defence with the £12m signing of Blackburn's Christopher Samba

Personally I hope Celtic don't sign Goodwilliie he can't stay out of trouble guys like him are the last thing we need.

Drogba would be an excellent signing for Spurs but I think Madrid is a more likely destination for him.

Samba would be a good signing for Arsenal although I would be suprised if they went for him over Cahill.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 20 May 2011, 9:33 am

Bothroyd would be a perfect signing for West Ham, and especially now as Cole appears set to leave. I read Stoke were about to offer £9m...well, it's their money who am I to correct them?

It looks like QPR will make some shrewd signings this summer. Both Gudjohnsen and Saviola are classy operators.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 20 May 2011, 11:37 am

I don't see Bothroyd taking the job though, they may be able to offer more money but the team isn't going to be the same as the one that just got relegated and they could stay in the Championship for a while also a number of Premier League teams are being rumoured to be interested.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 20 May 2011, 11:40 am

Ronaldo being worth 158million? How anyone can justify paying that amount of money for a player is beyond me.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 21 May 2011, 12:57 am

I have no idea, especially when that's double what Real Madrid paid and even that was a stupidly large sum of money if any one pays it I hope they end up going bankrupt, stop wasting money on big names and sign ones with a passion.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 21 May 2011, 1:04 am

Denilson is fed up at Arsenal after five years without a trophy
Arsene Wenger has told Cesc Fabregas he risks his career 'going nowhere' - if he leaves Arsenal
Chelsea defender Jeffrey Bruma is a target for Hamburg
Real Madrid are trying to sign Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor for a cut-price £6million
Chelsea have tabled a bid for Genk goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois (seems to be quite a few Belgian youngsters involved in rumours)
Liverpool have stepped up their bid to sign Wolfsburg playmaker Diego
Aston Villa are closing in on a move for Getafe midfielder Derek Boateng
Manchester United's £16million offer for Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David De Gea has been accepted in principle
Ali Al-Habsi wants to stay at Wigan - but only if they stay in the Premier League
Stoke's on-loan Aston Villa striker John Carew is wanted by Sunderland
Birmingham winger Sebastian Larsson is at the centre of a tug-of-war between Sunderland and Newcastle
Stoke are lining up a £9million bid for West Ham striker Carlton Cole
Fulham defender Philippe Senderos is a transfer target for Roma
Sunderland manager Steve Bruce hopes to add at least two free signings soon but he is set to miss out on Lorient striker Kevin Gameiro, who seems destined for Valencia
Tottenham are interested in Everton defender Sylvain Distin after Sebastien Bassong confirmed his desire to leave
Arsenal have put a £60million price tag on Cesc Fabregas to warn off Barcelona and Manchester City (surely I'm not the only one thinking Manchester City will just offer the £60million)
FC Twente have joined the chase for Leeds midfielder Bradley Johnson
Norwich are plotting a £750,000 move for Brighton midfielder Elliot Bennett
Swansea could swoop for Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey
Coventry have made a £200,000 bid for Dagenham midfielder Danny Green
Crystal Palace midfielder Neil Danns is set to join Southampton on a free transfer

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 22 May 2011, 1:30 am

Harry Redknapp has revealed Tottenham are in a three-way fight with Arsenal and Liverpool to sign West Ham midfielder Scott Parker
Jose Enrique is shunning talk of a new deal at Newcastle - with Manchester United set to swoop
Manchester City and Arsenal have been told they can sign Bolton defender Gary Cahill for £17million this summer
Chelsea will listen to offers for midfielder Jack Cork
Aston Villa are set to make an audacious £10million move for Birmingham goalkeeper Ben Foster
Tottenham are also stepping up their interest in Lille striker Gervinho
Roma are considering a summer move for Arsenal midfielder Denilson
Wigan are set to stun Chelsea and Liverpool by asking £20million for James McCarthy
Fulham boss Mark Hughes is set to beat Liverpool in a move for Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha
Mexico's Club America are keen to sign West Ham winger Pablo Barrera and Celtic winger Efrain Juarez

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 22 May 2011, 11:12 am

According to Daily Star:

PREMIER LEAGUE-bound Norwich are planning a loan swoop for old-boy David Bentley after it emerged Birmingham do not want the Tottenham winger.

One-time England star David Bentley, 26, has failed to impress during a five-month loan spell at St Andrew’s and has definitely played his last game for relegation-­threatened Birmingham.

That paves the way for Norwich to make their move for Bentley who knows he has no future at White Hart Lane after being left out in the cold by Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp.

Norwich chief Paul Lambert, who has limited funds to spend on the club’s return to the big time, is convinced Bentley’s experience and class would be invaluable to their survival hopes.

And having spent the 2004-05 season on loan at Carrow Road while he was an Arsenal player, Bentley may be tempted by another chance to revive his career."

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 24 May 2011, 5:02 pm

linked to Bradley Johnson and Richie de Laet in todays sun and Robert Snodgrass on talksport

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 May 2011, 8:07 pm

NUFC have signed Mehdi Abeid on a free transfer, Seb Larsson looks to be on his way and a deal is in place to sign Gervinho, but his management aren't keen on the move, although the player is.

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 25 May 2011, 2:30 pm

John sutton has signed for Hearts on a 3 year deal. thats that one out of the window for norwich.

source- sky sports twitter

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 25 May 2011, 2:36 pm

Arsenal have made their first signing of the summer with the bosman transfer of Ricardo Alvarez from the Argentinian club Vélez Sársfield

Arsene Wenger has hinted at a 35m move for Real Madrid striker karim benzema ( Shocked he don't usually spend anything)

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 25 May 2011, 2:38 pm

Arsenal must be in the money at the moment then nando

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 25 May 2011, 2:41 pm

this is what's probably happening , wenger said he had a flurry of activity going on this summer.

kroenke : buy some players arsene we need them!

arsene: but i don't wanna Sad

kroenke: do it arsene or ive got your kids hostage

arsene : give them back! furious

kroenke : well they buy a player and ill give them back

arsene: fine ill go buy someone furious

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 25 May 2011, 2:45 pm

John Sutton to Hearts? Gutted for Stuartie McCall!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 May 2011, 3:46 pm

A front line of RVP, Benzema and Walcott for Arsenal next season, supported by the likes of Fabregas and Wilshere? Don't think they'd struggle scoring but Wenger should be looking at his defence!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 25 May 2011, 3:48 pm

if he did id say he's going back to 4-4-2

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 May 2011, 3:55 pm

Not a bit risky to have Wilshere/Fabregas in the middle, unless he rotates them (Or maybe one won't be there next season Whistle ). If Cesc leaves then I think he'll go back to a 4-4-2 and it might be Cescs' fee that is spent on Benzema.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 25 May 2011, 3:58 pm

well half of cesc's fee since wenger slapped a 60m price tag on him .

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 26 May 2011, 7:08 pm

Newcastle will not offer Joey Barton a new contract - and that means he looks certain to leave St James' Park this summer
Samir Nasri has been sent an invite from France team-mate Patrice Evra to join Man United
Celtic defender Emilio Izaguirre has claimed that Kenny Dalglish wants to sign him at Liverpool
Man City goalkeeper Shay Given has refused to rule out a move to Celtic
Wolfsburg are chasing Tottenham midfielder Niko Kranjcar
West Brom are pondering a £2,5million deal for Watford star Danny Graham
Peter Crouch is a target for Sunderland boss Steve Bruce
Liverpool have been unsuccessful in their first attempt to sign Newcastle left-back Jose Enrique
Barry Ferguson is staying with relegated Birmingham for the final year of his contract
Arsenal have pulled out of the running for Scott Parker and now want French league superkid Eden Hazard
West Ham are set to further slash their wage bill by selling Thomas Hitzlsperger back to Aston Villa
Brad Freidel is set to snub Liverpool and join West Brom
Man City are closing in on a deal for Bolton defender Gary Cahill - with Nedum Onuoha going the other way in a £20million deal
Stoke want to rescue Cameron Jerome from the Championship with Birmingham already eyeing Marlon Harewood to replace him
Norwich manager Paul Lambert is targeting Jimmy Bullard and James Vaughan after being handed a survival war-chest

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 27 May 2011, 10:51 am

Liverpool are poised to make a bid for Birmingham centre-back Scott Dann, who is a lifelong fan of the Anfield club, after his side's relegation to the Championship.
Sunderland are after Birmingham's other first choice centre-back, Roger Johnson, who could be available for £4m.
The plunder of the relegated Blues might not stop there, with Blackburn wanting to sign midfielder Seb Larsson from St Andrews for £500,000.
Inter Milan hope to land Arsenal full-back Gael Clichy, who is out of contract next summer.
Aston Villa are preparing a £3.5m bid for Nottingham Forest goalkeeper Lee Camp. Manager Gerard Houllier sees Camp as a replacement for Brad Friedel, who is leaving the club this summer.
Villa have joined Tottenham and Liverpool in the fight to sign £10m-rated West Ham midfielder Scott Parker.
Arsenal boss Arsenal Wenger will offer £10m for giant Blackburn defender Christopher Samba this summer. Wenger is willing to spend big money before next season and signing a dominant centre-half is one of his top priorities.
Salomon Kalou will wait to see who takes over as Chelsea manager before deciding whether to stay, with Arsenal ready to make a move if the forward chooses to leave Stamford Bridge.
QPR are planning a double swoop for Bolo Zenden, out of contract at Sunderland, and Lyon's John Mensah - whose loan at the Stadium of Light has ended.
Arsenal will battle it out with Liverpool for the signature of £15m Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing this summer.
The Gunners are pushing Samir Nasri to make a quick decision on his future after Downing revealed he is open to leaving Aston Villa.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 May 2011, 11:19 am

Seb Larsson, Darren Pratley and N'Zogbia all looking Toon-bound, but face competition from Bolton for Pratley.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 27 May 2011, 12:24 pm

If Birmingham lose Roger Johnson, Scott Dann, Seb Larsson, Cameron Jerome and Ben Foster they will find the Championship difficult.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 27 May 2011, 12:36 pm

prettyboykev wrote:Liverpool are poised to make a bid for Birmingham centre-back Scott Dann, who is a lifelong fan of the Anfield club, after his side's relegation to the Championship.
Sunderland are after Birmingham's other first choice centre-back, Roger Johnson, who could be available for £4m.
Aston Villa are preparing a £3.5m bid for Nottingham Forest goalkeeper Lee Camp. Manager Gerard Houllier sees Camp as a replacement for Brad Friedel, who is leaving the club this summer.
Arsenal boss Arsenal Wenger will offer £10m for giant Blackburn defender Christopher Samba this summer. Wenger is willing to spend big money before next season and signing a dominant centre-half is one of his top priorities.
Arsenal will battle it out with Liverpool for the signature of £15m Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing this summer.
The Gunners are pushing Samir Nasri to make a quick decision on his future after Downing revealed he is open to leaving Aston Villa.
I would have thought if Johnson and Dann are available then they would be better than taking Samba, they may struggle to get Dann if Liverpool are interested and he's a Liverpool fan but they should be able to get Johnson, and at £6million less than Samba I think that's a good deal.

I'm not sure Lee Camp is as good as Brad Friedel, but he should be a good replacement, but with Birmingham down why not try to go after Ben Foster? Also Keiren Westwood of Coventry is available for free.

I also don't think Stewart Downing for £15million is a good replacement for Samir Nasri, while Downing is a good player I think Nasri is much better and they should be focused on getting him to sign a contract extension.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 27 May 2011, 4:48 pm

Wigan have turned down Newcastle's £5million bid for Charles N'Zogbia
Zoltan Gera could return to West Brom after rejecting a new deal at Fulham
Tottenham are closing in on a £10million move for Brazil international Damiao
Carlos Tevez has rejected a move to Juventus, the biggest indication yet that he will stay at Manchester City
Wolves are set to sign Tottenham midfielder Jamie O'Hara for £5million
Arsenal are closing in on a deal for Lille's Eden Hazard, and they are also interested in his team-mate Gervinho
Ipswich boss Paul Jewell is ready to sign Cardiff forward Michael Chopra, after giving up on Doncaster striker Billy Sharp
Liverpool are set to make a £12million swoop for Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing
Wigan midfielder James McCarthy is at the centre of a big-money tussle between Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal
Arsenal and Tottenham are set to fight it out for Porto striker Radamel Falcao
Tim Krul warns he will quit Newcastle if he is not number one
Arsenal midfielder Henri Lansbury is likely to be sold if he does not agree a new deal by the start of next season
Wigan boss Roberto Martinez has hinted he could cash in on record signing Mauro Boselli
Bolton have told Ricardo Gardner he can stay at the club if he takes a pay-cut
Birmingham striker Nikola Zigic looks to be heading back to Spain with Malaga
Blackburn boss Steve Kean is planning another attempt to land Birmingham midfielder Seb Larsson
Fenerbahce want to turn Everton defender Joseph Yobo's loan move into a permanent one
Charlie Adam will plead with Blackpool not to block his chances of staying in the Premier League
David Vaughan last night confirmed Rangers have made their move to lure him from Blackpool

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 29 May 2011, 3:38 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Arsenal and Tottenham are set to fight it out for Porto striker Radamel Falcao

Falcao would be an excellent signing for either club an excellent finisher with a presence that both need.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 29 May 2011, 3:40 pm

Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov, 30, is set to be offered back to former club Tottenham after he was omitted from the team for the Champions League final.
But United are set to beat arch rivals Liverpool in the £15m race to sign Aston Villa's 25-year-old England winger Ashley Young.
Chelsea and Manchester United are willing to triple Luka Modric's wages to lure him away from Tottenham.
Aston Villa are discussing whether to break a 28-year transfer hoodoo by making a £15m double bid for goalkeeper Ben Foster, 28, and 24-year-old defender Scott Dann from their local rivals Birmingham City.
Sunderland boss Steve Bruce aims to make relegated Blackpool's striker DJ Campbell, 29, and Birmingham's 25-year-old midfielder Seb Larsson his first captures of the summer.
Lazio keeper Fernando Muslera, 24, has emerged as a transfer target for Tottenham.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 29 May 2011, 3:42 pm

I can't see Berbatov going back to Spurs he might think that would be a step back I think he might go abroad.
I don't see why United want Young so much they have Nani and Valencia I don't think he is any better than them.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 29 May 2011, 3:47 pm

Think they're looking at selling Nani, don't see why Berbatov would want to go back to Spurs.
I would like to see Modric stay at Spurs, but that's just because I feel he has the quality that can keep them in the race for Champions league places.
Both of those signings would be good for Sunderland, they really need to get some strikers signed.
Muslera had a pretty good World Cup, don't follow Serie A much anymore so don't know how he's doing for Lazio.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 29 May 2011, 3:52 pm

Liverpool are facing a huge £10m loss to offload Alberto Aquilani
Arsenal, Spurs or Liverpool must find £15m to sign Birmingham's wantaway defender Scott Dann
Newcastle have stalled on contract talks with Kevin Nolan
Jay Bothroyd is on the verge of signing for Everton on a free transfer
Joey Barton seems set to achieve his boyhood ambition of playing for Everton
Newcastle are lining up a move for controversial Wolves captain Karl Henry
Fulham boss Mark Hughes is leading the scramble to sign Blackpool's DJ Campbell
Juventus are set to make a shock bid for Man United's Antonio Valencia
Sunderland have set their sights on Nigel Reo-Coker who has been freed by Aston Villa
Manchester City are closing in on Alexis Sanchez and Jan Vertonghen
Tottenham have emerged as favourites to sign Brad Friedel
Arsenal and Liverpool are tussling over Lille's Belgium international midfielder Eden Hazard
Darren Bent may consider his Aston Villa future if Stewart Downing and Ashley Young leave the club
Newcastle are ready to sign Swiss midfielder Tranquillo Barnetta
Barcelona will make a £30m bid for Cesc Fabregas this week.
Stoke City are to test West Ham's resolve to keep Carlton Cole with a £3million bid
Aston Villa are weighing up a £12m double swoop for Scotland stars Allan McGregor and Charlie Adam
Sunderland will try to sign DJ Campbell by activating a £1million release clause in the striker's Blackpool contract

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 29 May 2011, 6:23 pm

Craig Brown expects Chris Maguire to complete a move to Derby County
Derby County are also close to signing Craig Bryson from Kilmarnock
Ben Pringle has been told he can leave Derby County in the summer despite having a year left on his contract
Derby County have made an offer to Barnsley for Jason Shackell but they won't accept a deal until they have a manager
Luke Varney is unlikely to return to Derby County despite Blackpool getting relegated, they still hope to sell him

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 30 May 2011, 9:51 am

Dimitar Berbatov is set to quit Manchester United as Sir Alex Ferguson closes in on a £12m deal for Ashley Young.

Barcelona will beat Tottenham to the signing of Giuseppe Rossi for a staggering £40million.

Blackburn boss Steve Kean will show El-Hadji Diouf the door when he returns from Rangers.

Everton are in the race to sign Demba Ba but fear they may be foiled by his wage demands.

Manchester United will begin their summer rebuilding with a £20million move for Luka Modric.

Tottenham expect to announce the signing of Brad Freidel today.
Andy Reid is eyeing a move to Nottingham Forest.

Preston winger Keith Treacy is expected to join Ipswich shortly with team-mate Sean St Ledger looking to be heading to Portsmouth.

Aston Villa, Fulham and Everton are ready to test Leicester's resolve to hold onto defender Sol Bamba.

Paul Scholes has told his Manchester United team-mates that he is retiring.

Rangers target David Vaughan says Sunderland also want him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 30 May 2011, 9:54 am

Dimitar Berbatov is set to quit Manchester United as Sir Alex Ferguson closes in on a £12m deal for Ashley Young.
Barcelona will beat Tottenham to the signing of Giuseppe Rossi for a staggering £40million.
Manchester United will begin their summer rebuilding with a £20million move for Luka Modric.

The only explanation that can be given for United wanting Young is that Nani is off.

Spurs never had a chance of signing Rossi they he is always going to leave for a top club and Spurs aren't a top club.

Modric would be a great signing and a replacement for Scholes.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next