The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gossip thread

+22
Crimey
sodhat
Black Squirrel
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
ADMIN
Stealth Maestro Agro Love
tbofram
Liam_Main
Perfect Jack
marcellus wallace
AberdeenSteve
Fernando
Luke
TopoftheChops
hodge
Derbyblue
I Blame Coco
theundisputedY2D2
davidl1061
Kay Fabe
ncfc_Tooze
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
26 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Gossip thread - Page 5 Empty Gossip thread

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

With the season coming to an end and no summer tournament this could be a big summer for transfers. Here are some of the rumours I've heard. Please leave you're own and discuss the likelyhood of these happening.

Modric to Man Utd £20-£30m
Bale to Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona £30m
Sneijder to Man Utd £25-£30m
Cahill to Arsenal £20m
Tevez to Inter Milan £30m
Pato to Chelsea £25m
Chelsea are apparently seeking out buyers for Drogba
Aquilani to seel £10m move to Juventus
De Rossi to Man Utd £25m
Izaguirre to Aston Villa £8m
Llorente or Aguero or Forlan to Spurs £20m
Joe Cole to West Ham if they stay up

Last edited by prettyboy1304 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Gossip thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Gossip thread

Post by Derbyblue Tue May 31, 2011 8:04 pm

Newcastle are in the hunt to sign Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov
Didier Drogba is set to be offered an improved deal to finish his career at Chelsea, but Nicolas Anelka faces the Stamford Bridge exit
Newcastle look set to beat Sunderland and Everton in the race to sign West Ham striker Demba Ba
Aston Villa goalkeeper Brad Friedel will sign for Tottenham
Chelsea defender Michael Mancienne will join Hamburg for £3million
QPR want to take Tottenham duo Kyle Naughton and Kyle Walker on loan next season
Wolves have joined the race for Coventry goalkeeper Keiren Westwood
Real Mallorca striker Pierre Webo is being monitored by West Brom, Newcastle and Sunderland
Stoke boss Tony Pulis insists Rory Delap is still part of his plans
Leicester are lining up a £1million bid for Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra
Carlisle are hoping to tie up a deal for former Newcastle striker Shefki Kuqi
Tottenham will cash in on Luka Modric at the right price - but will only allow Gareth Bale to leave for £50million
Aston Villa striker Emile Heskey is on the brink of returning to Leicester
Wigan boss Roberto Martinez wants to sign Almeria winger Pablo Piatti for £3million
Manchester United youngster Tom Cleverley has ruled out a return to Wigan
Sevilla are ready to step up their interest in signing Arsenal midfielder Denilson
Chelsea have been offered Zenit St Petersburg defender Bruno Alves in a swap deal for Alex
Tottenham are back on the trail of Dinamo Zagbreb playmaker Milan Badelj
Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani's hopes of securing a transfer to Juventus are expected to be dashed today
Everton striker Yakubu's wage demands are threatening his chances of joining Leicester on a permanent basis
Celtic's hopes of landing Reading striker Shane Long were boosted yesterday as Swansea won the Championship play-off final
Furious Aberdeen chief Willie Miller says the Dons will report Derby to FIFA if they fail to stump up £400,000 compensation for Chris Maguire
Darren O'Dea last night insisted he could still have a future at Celtic

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 31, 2011 8:34 pm

Derbyblue wrote:

Tottenham will cash in on Luka Modric at the right price - but will only allow Gareth Bale to leave for £50million

Celtic's hopes of landing Reading striker Shane Long were boosted yesterday as Swansea won the Championship play-off final

I can't see Berba playing for Newcastle or Newcastle stumping up the cash required to get him.

It will cost Leicster a lot more than £1m to sign Bougherra. He will cost around £3m

Bale isn't worth £50m and I can't see anyone paying that for him.

I hope Celtic are able to get Long he is an excellent player but I would be surprised if he doesn't end up in the EPL.

I hope Darren O'Dea doesn't have a future at Celtic he is awful.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue May 31, 2011 8:59 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
Derbyblue wrote:

I can't see Berba playing for Newcastle or Newcastle stumping up the cash required to get him.

It will cost Leicster a lot more than £1m to sign Bougherra. He will cost around £3m

Bale isn't worth £50m and I can't see anyone paying that for him.

I hope Celtic are able to get Long he is an excellent player but I would be surprised if he doesn't end up in the EPL.

I hope Darren O'Dea doesn't have a future at Celtic he is awful.
Berbatov is probably a better option than Gervinho, and they have the money from selling Carroll and money that will come from selling Enrique, though I don't see why either would choose to go to Newcastle.

I think if it came out he was available for £1million then a lot more teams would be interested in signing him, and ones who could offer him more money than Leicester.

I think that's just them trying to hype the price up more I highly doubt anyone really believes he is worth £50million, plus he has injury issues.

He's progressed a lot since he was previously in the Premier League with Reading so I could imagine some teams might feel he would be a good signing, but he might prefer the idea of playing for Celtic and so push through that deal.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 31, 2011 9:30 pm

I hope we can get Long he's just what we need considering it looks like we are going to miss out on Boothroyd.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 31, 2011 11:08 pm

Parma are reportedly close to signing Fabio Borini on a free transfer.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 11:17 pm

Berbatov rejected us for Man Utd, and he's too old (out of the transfer policy) and would ask for absurd wages. I'd really like to know where journalists get their stories from; 'Oh Berbatov wants to leave Man Utd, and he said a few years ago he'd like to play for Newcastle because he looked up to Shearer. He's definitely going there then.'

Not a lot of truth in the Demba Ba rumour either; Pardew said he isn't fishing around those clubs/

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:01 am

Gervinho has said he will announce later this week which club he will be joining. He says he would love to play in England but he also has offers in Germany and Spain. He never named any specific clubs.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:03 am

Gervinho/his agent has also said before he wouldn't leave for a club that won't be playing in the Champions League.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:13 am

Well in England the only team in the Champions League I can see being interested in him is Arsenal. In Spain Valencia don't have the money maybe Villareal if they sell Rossi. In Germany all 3 Champions League teams would be interested in him although I'm not sure Borrussia Dortmund have the cash.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:27 am

Supposedly agreed a deal with us a while ago, but his agent didn't want him to move to us. Yet another example of agents being Muppet.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:41 am

I think that's pretty smart from his agent if a Spanish, German, English or Italian team who are playing Champions League football come in for him they would be a better move.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:47 am

I reckon a player should be able to go where he wants to. Saying that, I'd be annoyed if Enrique left us for someone average like Aston Villa and not a bigger side.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:49 am

I think his agent would be telling him to hang on and keep his options open he may get a better offer later in the Summer. The agent will also be looking to make as much cash for himself out the deal as possible.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:50 am

Yes they should be able to, and if he really wants to go to Newcastle and his agent is stopping him, then he can get rid of his agent. Where did you hear about him agreeing a deal with you? Lille are pretty much saying he's not for sale.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:05 am

Been reported in a lot of French media and some Newcastle journo's for the past couple of weeks. The delegation went over to get Cabaye over the line, and Pardew spoke of giving a player a deadline and it was reported to be him.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:43 am

It's been reported for a while now that a number of clubs have put offers to Lille for him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:57 am

According to Sky Sports new Micheal Mancienne is completing a £3m deal to Hamburg.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:06 am

Frank Arnesen wasting no time I see. Good luck to him; he's always looked solid for the England U21 and half-decent at Wolves. A brave choice to go abroad though.

NUFC have a meeting with Enrique and his people this evening. Other strong rumours, apart from N'Zogbia and Gervinho, is that Pardew wants an out-and-out striker; PSG Erdinc is being lined up if Gameiro turns us down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Florent Malouda has begged Chelsea to give him a new contract but does not know if the club want him to stay
Liverpool and Chelsea have been told they will have to cough up £12million if they want to land Ajax's Dutch international defensive midfielder Vurnon Anita
Nicklas Bendtner's father says the out-of-favour Arsenal striker will "easily" fetch around £12million following strong interest in him
Anderlecht's Belgium international striker Romalu Lukaku expects his move to Chelsea to be completed within six days
Hull's Jimmy Bullard has issued a "come and get me" plea to Premier League new-boys Norwich
Luka Modric admits he could leave Tottenham this summer
England's Aston Villa duo Ashley Young and Stewart Downing admit they are both desperate to play Champions League football
Manchester United and Tottenham are on red alert after Real Madrid decided to sell Lassana Diarra
Fabio Borini missed Swansea's promotion parade on Tuesday - after quitting the club to sign for Parma
Harry Redknapp has reiterated his stance that none of Tottenham's top players will be sold
Scott Sinclair has pledged his future to Premier League new boys Swansea
Fulham have had a £10million bid for Espanyol striker Pablo Osvaldo rejected
Samir Nasri's Arsenal future is in doubt after Arsene Wenger admitted that talks about a new deal have stalled

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Liverpool have a bid of £12.5m accepted for Jordan Henderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:45 pm

I bloody hope not. I don't understand why we're being constantly linked with central midfielders, it's probably the one position we don't need any new guys in. We did fine for the end of last season without Gerrard, and Aqua is on his way back as well.

We should be aiming for:

Left Back
Winger
Centre Back

In that order, and maybe even another back up striker.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:32 am

Everton are shock favourites to sign West Ham striker Demba Ba
Shane Long is at the centre of a tug of war between Everton and Newcastle
Fulham have offered £1million for Bournemouth striker Danny Ings
AC Milan are preparing an £11m bid to snap up Chelsea striker Didier Drogba, Emmanuel Adebayor is also a target
Chelsea's £33million bid for Javier Pastore has been turned down
Tottenham midfielder Wilson Palacios will discover in the next 48 hours if he can secure a £7milliom move to Napoli
Wigan admit they will find it hard to keep hold of James McCarthy this summer
Bolton boss Owen Coyle has turned down a £2million bid from Wigan for keeper Ali Al Habsi
Harry Redknapp is chasing Rennes star Jean-Armat Kana-Biyik in a £2million deal
Jerome Boateng has been given a £16million price tag by Man City - a valuation that has shocked Bayern Munich
Man City, Arsenal and Tottenham have all been alerted that Real Madrid may be willing to sell Gonzalo Higuain for £15million
Milwall have accepted a bid from Norwich City for Steve Morrison

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:42 am

Doubt Chelsea would sell Drogba for £11 million, he may be getting on a bit, but he must be worth more than that to them.
£15 million for Higuain?! I think the only way that will happen is if they are about to sign a big name striker, but I can't think of any to fill the void. Can't see them playing Benzema.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:44 am

I think the only reason the rumour of Higuain for £15million will have come around is that someone misheard them saying £50million.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:54 am

After spending a couple of weeks coaching the Saint Lucian national team ahead of their two-legged tie against Aruba for a place in the 2014 World Cup preliminary qualifying draw, Greg Abbott has invited two players a striker and midfielder to Cumbria for two weeks.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:47 am

Or that he isn't a big enough name for the President. Would only be that low to start a bidding war as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:49 am

Higuain is probably one of the biggest names in his position. I can't think of anybody who could realistically replace him?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:59 am

Really? I think ability wise he is streets ahead of Benzema and definitely out-performed him; but I think Real's President (Can never remember his name) wants a big Galactico-like name.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:13 am

Well who is a bigger name that could replace him? The only person I can think of is Tevez.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:15 pm

BBC Sport

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce is in turn targeting a £12m double raid on his former club Manchester United, with defender Wes Brown, 31, and midfielder Darron Gibson, 23 in his sights.

🤦

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:38 pm

Arsenal have told Real Madrid the bidding for Cesc Fabregas starts at £54million
Sergio Aguero last night hinted he will snub a move to the Premier League in favour of Real Madrid
Wes Brown looks set to be at the centre of a bidding war between Bolton and Sunderland
Swansea have seen a £3million bid for Danny Graham turned down by Watford
Luka Modric has told Spurs to make big signings this summer - or he could quit
Owen Coyle will launch a fresh bid to lure Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge back to Bolton
Real Madrid have told Man City they will not pay £12.5million for Emmanuel Adebayor
Wigan have had a £3million bid for striker Craig Mackail-SMith accepted by Peterborough
David Moyes has launched an audacious bid for Germany striker Miroslav Klose
Roberto Martinez has made an increased £3million bid for Ali Ai Habsi
Liverpool will have to stump up £20million to sign Jordan Henderson from Sunderland
Tottenham have had a bid of £10.5million for Internacional striker Leandro Damiao rejected
Arsenal are weighing up a shock cut-price £4million move for West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:09 am

According to the Sunday Mirror Ronaldo wants 400k a week to join Man City. Surely even City aren't going to pay ridiculous wages like that to any player

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:23 am

if you paid that surely it wouldnt be possible for a team like City (who still can't sell out the Eastlands Smile ) to turn a profit and qualify for Europe when the new rules come into play

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:31 am

The way I see it they are going to struggle to adhere to the rules as it is without paying a player 100 million over 5 years. They have spent over 400 million over the past 4 years and recouped only 75 million and got annual players wages of around 120-150 million so how they are ever going to get close to breaking even is well beyond me

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:58 am

Mahmadou Diarra (former Real Madrid holding midfielder) being linked with Stoke.

Would be a cracking signing for them, another big physical brute!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus wallace Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:53 am

jay boothroyd to celtic apparently close.would be a good foil for hooper.if true

marcellus wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:39 am

Marseille close in on Traore signing

French giants Marseille looked set to sign UEFA Champions League-winning defender Djimi Traore on Wednesday after they both reached agreement in principle over a contract, according to the club.

The 31-year-old Mali international left-back - a member of the Liverpool side that won the 2005 Champions League in a remarkable comeback against AC Milan - has not played since undergoing knee ligament surgery in December.

Traore, who turned professional with French side Laval in 1997 and also numbers Portsmouth among his former clubs, became a free agent when his contract with relegated Monaco expired in June.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1494216.html
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:54 am

Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down