The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Euro Division Homepage XXIX

+12
Fernando
Afro
Russell_Elmo
Trebs
Marky
Gregers
Hero
The Special Juan
Bull
TwisT
Good Golly I'm Olly
sodhat
16 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Euro Division Homepage XXIX - Page 10 Empty The Euro Division Homepage XXIX

Post by sodhat Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:46 am

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Season 3 Week 2:

TACTICS DUE IN BY 11:59pm ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

Clarification: Betting players or money between 2 clubs is strictly prohibited

Participants: Olly, T5J, Twi5t, 5odhat, Ru55, Nando, Marky (if we spoon feed him), Greger5

Telegraph League Details:
606v2 Euro Division
PIN: 8008569

Everyone in Premier League (who votes on Championship) send their results to:
Hero

Everyone in Championship (who votes on Premier League) send their results to:
Olly

To Qualify for the £2M Bonus, teams need to post their tactics by Midnight on Wednesday and PM their results by Midnight on Friday

Premier League

Real Ale Sociedad - TwisT The London Silly Nannies - SodhatAC ALittleSilhouetteoOfAMan (AC ALSOAM) - MarkyViva City - VivaPaulScholes Athletico Bilbao Baggins FC - Hero
Jacamos United - The Special JuanHangover 69 - Gregers

Treble's Revenge - onlytreblewinners

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Championship

Holton FC - Olly Barearselona - Fernando Real NADrid©®™ V2 - NadeemSubstandard Liege - Afro Neymar FC - cherriesfan
Go Ahead Eagles - Russell_Elmo Gotham City Rovers - TheBrahmaBull

City Of Norwich FC - ncfc_Tooze

sodhat

Back to top Go down

The Euro Division Homepage XXIX - Page 10 Empty Re: The Euro Division Homepage XXIX

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:04 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:
Also are people going to try cuddle me in a bad way me as I'm a noob?.

There is a 20% rule for new managers, so anyone wanting your players has to offer within 20% of the value, based on TM website

This was for totally new managers who have never played these games before, didn't Zidane say he played in the old 606?
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

The Euro Division Homepage XXIX - Page 10 Empty Re: The Euro Division Homepage XXIX

Post by Afro Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:07 pm

Don't discourage it Hero.

However insane it is, it always produces laugh out load in the office, coffee coming out of your nose, moments of comedy
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:08 pm

You do have a bad knee though Viva.

Horses can smell knee problems, and they would be the perfect height to leap at your knee and bend it all out of shape, leaving you a sobbing mess as they trample over you one by one.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Can I just ask - what is hot about the older sister Viva!!!?!?

Spoiler:
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:11 pm

sodhat wrote:You do have a bad knee though Viva.

Horses can smell knee problems, and they would be the perfect height to leap at your knee and bend it all out of shape, leaving you a sobbing mess as they trample over you one by one.

That's a good point. One little shimmy and sidestep from a horse, especially duck sized ones, could have Viva turning awkwardly on that knee and that would be game over. The only consolation is that horses eat from those little bags and Viva would never fit in a duck sized nose bag so he wouldn't get eaten.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:11 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:

That's a good point. One little shimmy and sidestep from a horse, especially duck sized ones, could have Viva turning awkwardly on that knee and that would be game over. The only consolation is that horses eat from those little bags and Viva would never fit in a duck sized nose bag so he wouldn't get eaten.

Depends how many bits of him the horses could create...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:12 pm

I don't think there is anything wrong with Gingers, between 2 and 3 my hair were very similar to Ginger but got darker as the years went on to fully black.

It's these nasty people who pick on Gingers who I am speaking about.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Well your talking a maximum of 20 bags (1 per horse), so is 1/20th of Viva small enough for a duck sized nose bag?

If he was a midget like Nick, no problem, but Viva I'm not sure.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:16 pm

I'd think they would probably get rid of some of the gristly bits - he won't be all prime meat.

I think the bigger issue is who is manufacturing nose bags for tiny horses, and how did they procure them?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:20 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:

I know my weaknesses and I would never go into battle without being fully prepared like the great Roy Keane said once "Failure to prepare, prepare to fail" and that has been my motto ever since.

I can easily counter that, I don't know how many of you lot watched the Batman but basically Alfred gets him this strap for his knee to put in back into place making it strong again, he has no cartliage in his knee at all. So I would message Bull on PS3 asking him to go down to Batmans so I can borrow the knee strap.

An Afro I wouldn't be going 1 on 1 against the horses where they can twist and turn me I would be fighting from the trees and when I do come to ground I would leave a little space between the two so I don't get turned easily I would jockey them allowing me to manovere in time before they get to close. As I have the reach advantage over them I would be playing an outside fight using my jab and straights so they can't get near me.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Oh an Afro your spoiler seems to be broken, I was little back then and I thought she was hot with the nose stud and ripped jeans.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:23 pm

The flaws I can see are:

the jockeying - I'm not you would get a saddle on such a small horse

Bull getting the strap from Batman - I believe that Batman is no longer responding to Bull, so that might not be a repliable supplier.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:24 pm

There is a 20% rule for new managers, so anyone wanting your players has to offer within 20% of the value, based on TM website
Huh?

And what's wrong with the gingers?
They dont have souls (anyone seen it?)

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Neymar for example...

On the TM website, Neymar is worth £35m.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/neymar/profil/spieler_68290.html

That means anyone wanting to buy him has to pay a minimum of £28m (80% * £35m) for him.

This can be in cash, or players (with those players values also based on the TM website value as well)
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:30 pm

I meant jockeying as in Football, so I can stop them getting passed me without me having to make a move, with the psitional skills i learnt in 5 a side Football I would keep them infront of me knowing where the danger is and how to react to them.

Oh yeah Bull no longer has contact with Batman, I'm sure Batman would lend me the strap I did watch his film 3 times afterall.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:32 pm

But these are horses. You say jockeying, they are going to expect you to climb aboard dressed in silks
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:35 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8073485/Jovetic-confirms-City-snub
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:36 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:I meant jockeying as in Football, so I can stop them getting passed me without me having to make a move, with the psitional skills i learnt in 5 a side Football I would keep them infront of me knowing where the danger is and how to react to them.

Oh yeah Bull no longer has contact with Batman, I'm sure Batman would lend me the strap I did watch his film 3 times afterall.

But what if one made a two footed challenge from behind, or you swivel to see if there is danger.

It's tricky to herd horses I'll bet - you would probably have them behind you too.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Sorry, a bit off topic from the usual nonsensical rantings here, but why oh why does Van Persie get injured on international duty?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:39 pm

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/92445/austria-vs-germany/player-ratings

Looks like the Germans were a bit off colour last night
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:43 pm

You guys seem to forget that I already hold the key in this battle from the start when I made the scary noises. Menatally I have the upperhand and in combat that is probably the most important thing. The Horses are scared to approach me they are not in the big pack they were previously and these tiny Horses know for a fact I could tear them apart none of them wants to be the sacrafice.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:46 pm

but why oh why does Van Persie get injured on international duty?
hes not apparently. Just a precaution. He too a knee to the tight, suspected muscle strain but its most likely just a slight dead leg.

Lukas Podolski
Barely touched the ball in an uneventful 15-minute cameo.
Why does that not surprise me.

Last edited by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:46 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Sorry, a bit off topic from the usual nonsensical rantings here, but why oh why does Van Persie get injured on international duty?

It always happend when he was on a goal scoring run, any latest on the injury? I read yesterday it was just a precautionary sub.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:46 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:You guys seem to forget that I already hold the key in this battle from the start when I made the scary noises. Menatally I have the upperhand and in combat that is probably the most important thing. The Horses are scared to approach me they are not in the big pack they were previously and these tiny Horses know for a fact I could tear them apart none of them wants to be the sacrafice.

I still think there is a pack mentality that may play in their favour if they attacked.

Plus, I'm not convinced of your vocal skills. You're no Michael Winslow. Probably, we've never met.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:47 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/92445/austria-vs-germany/player-ratings

Looks like the Germans were a bit off colour last night

They probably didn't want to beat Austria too badly.

Anschluss and all that.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:50 pm

What if some (or even all) of the horses are deaf?

It is a common ailment in horses. Add to it that they are duck sized so clearly have some physical development issues, so I think it is something you are going to need to consider in your strategy
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:53 pm

Paper talk is that he's a doubt for the Wigan game Viva but as ZZZ (thank goodness your name isn't Kammy's Kicking Koalas) says it's probably precautionary.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:55 pm

I think you'll be fine without him against Wigan to be fair. Hernandez and Welbeck are more than adequate to beat them.

Maybe van Persie was jealous of Rooney's gash?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:56 pm

I don't think there's ever been a media question that's ever generated such debate as the duck/horse one!
I reckon they should ask Stevie G it after an England game. Much better than the 'What's your favourite cheese?' Answer: Melted.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:03 pm

Horses don' t have the preadator skills of a Lion or Tiger, they won't make the first attacking move they probably would never make the attacking move.

Afro yes but it only takes one of the Horses to run away for the rest of them to follow, do I have to remind you that these are mini horses so think of it as me fighting a lamb.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Kammy's Kicking Koalas Laugh

Kagawa is fit too. Was a slight scare with him, back or something.
Wigan at home, get Danny and Chicharito on, Clevs + Kagawa we will be fine. Im sure Vida can mark the goal threat of Kone

Last edited by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Here's a question for you all.

Do you have any albums that take you back to certain moments in time, and events in your life? I have a couple:

Is This It? - The Strokes
Shotter's Nation - Babyshambles
The Age of the Understatement - The Last Shadow Puppets
What Did You Expect From The Vaccines - The Vaccines

Invariably they are related to girls. I think that's true for most people though.

The track Flourescent Adolescent by Arctic Monkeys also reminds me of Thorpe Park because I had just bought their second album and was listening to it intently on the way there for my friends 18th.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:37 pm

I don't Sodhat. I have two of those four albums, but they don't transport me anywhere.

Breaking news: David Cameron reveals that there WAS a police and media cover-up regarding the Hillsborough tragedy. Literally just hearing it live on TalkSport.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Christ - get on BBC now and hear the PM talk on Hillborough.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:51 pm

I can't get Radio tell me guys.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:57 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19570810

Go there Viva

Main points:
The police, and media orchestrated a smear and a cover up.
Lives could have been saved after 3:15pm had the response been adequate.

Last edited by sodhat on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:58 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-19543964

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:01 pm

bar stewards.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:06 pm

I don't know anything about it and I'm not going to pretend to know anything about it but I hope that, whatever the truth is, it comes out.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:09 pm

The Special Juan wrote:I don't know anything about it and I'm not going to pretend to know anything about it but I hope that, whatever the truth is, it comes out.

Labour leader Ed Miliband: "The tragedy was not caused by fans but by an unsafe ground and terrible mistakes and negligence in policing. There was a systematic attempt by some in the police to cover this up after the event, and disgracefully to spread the blame to the fans. They were aided and abetted by parts of the media, and finally it is clear that the original inquest was hopelessly inadequate, declaring the so-called 3.15 cut off, assuming that all those who had died had sustained fatal injuries by that time when in fact the post mortem records show that not to be the case, and tragically show some of the victims could have been saved."

This more or less sums it up.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:11 pm

The Special Juan wrote:I don't know anything about it and I'm not going to pretend to know anything about it but I hope that, whatever the truth is, it comes out.

The truth is The Sun printed lies in their newspaper slandering Liverpool fans, and the police spread/started those lies in an attempt to move the blame onto the Liverpool fans. And David Cameron revealed this today, a full 23 years after the incident.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:20 pm

Cameron is just confirming what has been claimed and known for 23 years.

Just watched some highlights of Rep of Ireland last night. Man U have got quite a player on their hands if that is how Robbie Brady plays every game
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:20 pm

Wow, that's truly shocking. I suppose the one question I have is "Why?"
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:21 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Wow, that's truly shocking. I suppose the one question I have is "Why?"

Probably because the police knew they had made mistakes. They knew they were to blame.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:24 pm

And the dead then couldn't refute those lies.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:30 pm

To protect their own reputations and keep their jobs
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:32 pm

Well it'll be interesting to see how The Scum worms it's way out of this one.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:32 pm

The truth is The Sun printed lies in their newspaper slandering Liverpool fans, and the police spread/started those lies in an attempt to move the blame onto the Liverpool fans.
Bit of controversy for you all but didnt the whole thing occur due to overcrowding which was bought on by Liverpool fns forging tickets?

Robbie Brady is a great prospect. All time top scorer for ROI Under 21's. Hoping we can see more of him in the Carling Cup this season. SAF hasnt loaned him out so he must figure in his plans somewhere.
Cracking strike for his goal last night.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:39 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Well it'll be interesting to see how The Scum worms it's way out of this one.

The Sun has disowned the whole thing previously, and I expect something will be issued tomorrow in a similarly grovelling vein.

It won't ever restore the paper's reputation in the North West though, it will always be complicit in peddling lies.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:47 pm

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra wrote:
The truth is The Sun printed lies in their newspaper slandering Liverpool fans, and the police spread/started those lies in an attempt to move the blame onto the Liverpool fans.

Bit of controversy for you all but didnt the whole thing occur due to overcrowding which was bought on by Liverpool fns forging tickets?

I'm not sure that's ever been proven either way. But it's still a valid point, until the whole incident is investigated fully it's still an issue.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next