The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ulster Vs Cardiff Blues Friday 28th September k/o 7.05

+28
GavinDragon
Pot Hale
neilthom7
Pete330v2
asoreleftshoulder
Scoped
MMC
JmD
WillyGilly
JayMaster3000
Luckless Pedestrian
thebluesmancometh
Morgannwg
valjester
MrsP
Rory_Gallagher
Smirnoffpriest
Kingshu
rodders
Cari
Artful_Dodger
Don Alfonso
Notch
ScarletSpiderman
red_stag
XR
Rava
clivemcl
32 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Ulster Vs Cardiff Blues Friday 28th September k/o 7.05 - Page 7 Empty Ulster Vs Cardiff Blues Friday 28th September k/o 7.05

Post by clivemcl Tue 25 Sep 2012, 2:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

From an Ulster point of view, we may not get much chat on this one, thats fine and understandable. For those on both sides who want to discuss the game ahead, I feel they should be welcomed to do so.

Ulster are (understandably) taking a little longer to announce a squad for this one. I wonder if anyone has any info on whether there was training as per usual?

I imagine that the new guys and the older more experienced guys will play. Perhaps a few younger guys might be advised to sit it out for another week. I think all in all, there's a fairly Northern Irish attitude to get on with things. I think we will see a strong Ulster side. And I expect they will play well.

I want Cardiff fans to talk freely on here. You should be targeting a win (same as always), and not worrying about our team. I believe once the selected players hear that whistle, it will be business as usual.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Ulster Vs Cardiff Blues Friday 28th September k/o 7.05 - Page 7 Empty Re: Ulster Vs Cardiff Blues Friday 28th September k/o 7.05

Post by clivemcl Mon 01 Oct 2012, 1:16 pm

I see we have just signed a young prop

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Ulster Vs Cardiff Blues Friday 28th September k/o 7.05 - Page 7 Empty Re: Ulster Vs Cardiff Blues Friday 28th September k/o 7.05

Post by Kingshu Mon 01 Oct 2012, 1:30 pm

Willaims he could become one of my favourite players, and the one I shout at most, within 5 minutes you can praise and curse him, and I think he's great for that.

I've said since the start of th eseason what he does well, he does very well, what he doesn't do well, he doesn't.

Great crash ball, love the way he ties in 3 defenders and still makes ground, better still when he's done this a few times and when he runs at eh defence you can see 3 defenders close up for him, an dthey the ball isn't even passed to him but flung out wide.

Smashing defences, sucking in defenders, one handed breaks, and when we a 5m from the line he is so so dangerous. All brill.

however, he lacks controll at back of scrum, (can be handy for pick up an drun from 5m),.
knocks on or loses it, but i can accept that as his risk game that also brings more defenders in, but will groan each time it happens. sometimes I think we can be a bit slow getting to breakdowns.

Overall though, he's better than I expected after reading about the Munster fans thoughts on him. Wilson and Diack, have more rounded skill sets, and do everything well, whereas Williams is less rounded, but devastating with ball in hand.

Want to see how Wilson gets on, and would love to see Wilson having a controlled game, winning turnover doing his thing, and then later in a game (esp if behind and needing to chase it), unleashing a fresh Williams on tired defences. Would be a thing of beauty, a terrible beauty is born.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Mon 01 Oct 2012, 1:38 pm

There were two issues that concerned a lot of us in signing Williams - his attitude and fitness.

His attitude has been really excellent, and against Cardiff he played "Hulk smash!" for the full eighty.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 01 Oct 2012, 1:39 pm

clivemcl wrote:I see we have just signed a young prop

Clive, This was my response to you last Wednesday. Notch informs me he has been given an Academy contract.

Rava wrote:
clivemcl wrote:
Notch wrote:In all the emotion and grief of the last week, we haven't really touched upon the Ulster U20s winning the inter-provincial grand slam this year.

Indeed Notch!

The futures bright, its red and white!

Any standouts?

SUFTUM!

Young loosehead Caulfield with Ballymoney connections Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 01 Oct 2012, 1:42 pm

So whats the connection with Ballymoney? It says in the article I read he is from Weston-super-Mare.

This is the link for others who are interested btw;

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/story-17014105-detail/story.html
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Mon 01 Oct 2012, 1:44 pm

Ah right, forgot about that Rava. Was he born here then, or his parents?

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 01 Oct 2012, 1:57 pm

My wife's hairdresser is a cousin of his mum or dad I believe.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 01 Oct 2012, 2:02 pm

Rava wrote:My wife's hairdresser is a cousin of his mum or dad I believe.

Six degrees of separation!!
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 01 Oct 2012, 2:06 pm

Can we get your autograph Rava? Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 01 Oct 2012, 2:10 pm

red_stag wrote:

Could be even more than that!!
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 01 Oct 2012, 2:14 pm

Rava wrote:
red_stag wrote:

Could be even more than that!!

Ah now don't sell yourself short. Your wife has her hair cut by a bloodrelative of the person who breast fed him. You cant get much closer than that. Takes a special type of bond to overcome hair, blood and breast milk Very Happy
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Mon 01 Oct 2012, 2:25 pm

Are you sure you're posting on the right forum, Stag?

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 01 Oct 2012, 2:35 pm

Name dropper raspberry
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7