The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro Division Homepage XXXIII

+16
Fernando
Trebs
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
ncfc_Tooze
Beer
GSC
sodhat
Marky
TwisT
Afro
Bull
FIFA Diva
Zinedine_Ze_Zebra
nadeem2099
Good Golly I'm Olly
Hero
20 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXXIII - Page 21 Empty Euro Division Homepage XXXIII

Post by Hero Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Countries for Reboot

Zidane - Italy
Russell - Germany
Treble - Germany
Marky - Spain
Nadeem - England
Olly - Italy
Hero - Spain
Gregers - Spain
Fernando - England
Sodhat - Italy
Twist - Germany
Viva - England
Afro - Italy
Bull - Germany
New Player - Spain
Tooze - England

Here’s how it basically works.
You have a budget of 100m to purchase a squad with the following stipulations:

1. You MUST have a minimum of 6 players from the country designated to you.
2. You MUST have a minimum of 3 players that were born on or after 1st October 1991.
3. You CANNOT go over the squad limit of 25.

To buy your squad then you must make sealed bids for the players. How this works is that you check the value of the players on TM, the MINIMUM cost is what their value is on there, but you can bid more than that as others may wish to buy that player. The maximum value of a player that you can bid for is £12m although may wish to bid more than that in order to acquire him.
So for example;
Bull places a sealed bid of 875k for Paul Scholes as that is the TM value.
Viva places a sealed bid of 1m for Scholes as he thinks others may be bidding for him.

Viva therefore wins.

ALL squads are PM’d to myself and a designated neutral party (to ensure fairplay I will send my squad list first so it cannot be said I’ve gazumped anyone). I then reveal who has got which player in the first draft.
We continue the process until everyone has then spent up and we move onto the Star Player bid which works under the same principle although you have a budget of 25m + whatever remained from your normal bids for ONE player who has a value up to 25m

Clarification: Betting players or money between 2 clubs is strictly prohibited

Participants: Olly, T5J, Twi5t, 5odhat, Ru55, Nando, Marky (if we spoon feed him), Greger5

Telegraph League Details:
606v2 Euro Division
PIN: 8008569

Everyone in Premier League (who votes on Championship) send their results to:
Hero

Everyone in Championship (who votes on Premier League) send their results to:
Olly

To Qualify for the £2M Bonus, teams need to post their tactics by Midnight on Wednesday and PM their results by Midnight on Friday

Premier League

Real Ale Sociedad - TwisT The London Silly Nannies - SodhatAC ALittleSilhouetteoOfAMan (AC ALSOAM) - MarkyViva City - VivaPaulScholes Athletico Bilbao Baggins FC - Hero
Jacamos United - The Special JuanHangover 69 - Gregers

Treble's Revenge - onlytreblewinners

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Championship

Holton FC - Olly Barearselona - Fernando Real NADrid©®™ V2 - NadeemSubstandard Liege - Afro Neymar FC - cherriesfan
Go Ahead Eagles - Russell_Elmo Gotham City Rovers - TheBrahmaBull

City Of Norwich FC - ncfc_Tooze

Last edited by Hero on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXXIII - Page 21 Empty Re: Euro Division Homepage XXXIII

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:43 pm

Morning girls

Haha no offence but it seems like you guys are crap at Fifa.

Five-four is a hockey score, not a football score.

In a three-against-three training match, if the score reaches 5-4 I send the players back to the dressing rooms as they are not defending properly.

So to get a result like that in a game of 11 against 11 is disgraceful.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Do you punish them in the changing room then?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Luckily for my team they have a world class manager and I would never allow my team to concede that many goals. If they did yeah then I'd get STEVE_UNITED, El Dios and Hammy to punish them.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:50 pm

So Nads, yeah?

He knows who he is the Filthy Busquets!

Im much better with my Ultimate Team then normal Club teams. Ive actually only played a total of 5 games with Club team and all different teams so that doesnt help.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Who'd you get to manage them?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:54 pm

GSC wrote:Who'd you get to manage them?

haha very funny GSC! Sorry but when you've managed the likes of Blackburn Rovers, Roma, Sporting Lisbon, Stoke, Blackburn Rovers again, part time manager for Rangers, won many titles, the best players want to play for you, smashing your title rivals on their own patch, making your club a fortune in deals and bets then come back to me.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Rangers are broke now.

Did you make a bet with Fan that cost them £120m?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:05 pm

sodhat wrote:Rangers are broke now.

Did you make a bet with Fan that cost them £120m?

Would a broke Rangers have the likes of Yaya Toure, Carlos Tevez, Maicon, Sneijder, and many other great players. I am not responsible for what happend to Rangers after I left when they gave the reign to some C class drug manager, I'm class A like Columbian cocaine.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Viva, you can see online friends results on the news feed section, on Ultimate team online Ive noticed a lot of high scoring games.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:08 pm

There is a mouse in my office. How do they get up the stairs to the 4th floor?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:09 pm

Viva, I really want to be visiting Russell_Elmo when you're online, i'll kick your ass at FIFA on his PS3 Euro Division Homepage XXXIII - Page 21 3559488474

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:10 pm

Happy birthday to Tooze, 21 today!

Or so the site tells me at the bottom there.

Happy birthday mate.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Happy birthday to Tooze!!! cake Ale cider guinness Bubbly Euro Division Homepage XXXIII - Page 21 3933776953 RedWine Whisky Whisky vomit

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:18 pm

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra wrote:Viva, you can see online friends results on the news feed section, on Ultimate team online Ive noticed a lot of high scoring games.

It can't have been me because I haven't made an Ultimate team, or are you talking about people in general having high score matches? I rather win 1-0 then 7-6 I hate leaky defences it just says I'm a crap defender. I'm from the Italian era of defending where I see it as an art not a burden. To me a slide tackle or a block on the line is like scoring a goal. I love defending, I love playing against these fancy boys with long hair and blasting thier faces I'm not a dirty player.

sodhat wrote:There is a mouse in my office. How do they get up the stairs to the 4th floor?

It's Mighty Mouse!!

Marky wrote:Viva, I really want to be visiting Russell_Elmo when you're online, i'll kick your ass at FIFA on his PS3 Euro Division Homepage XXXIII - Page 21 3559488474

Marky you would rage quit on me, I would be beating you while I'm facetiming Fan on his scout missions thats how good I am. What's Russ PSN I'll add him and whenever you're there just message me and we'll play.

sodhat wrote:Happy birthday to Tooze, 21 today!

Or so the site tells me at the bottom there.

Happy birthday mate.

Happy birthday Tooze cake
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:27 pm

It can't have been me because I haven't made an Ultimate team, or are you talking about people in general having high score matches? I rather win 1-0 then 7-6 I hate leaky defences it just says I'm a crap defender. I'm from the Italian era of defending where I see it as an art not a burden. To me a slide tackle or a block on the line is like scoring a goal. I love defending, I love playing against these fancy boys with long hair and blasting thier faces I'm not a dirty player.
Yeah Ultimate Team mainly. Lot of high scoring matches. I dont think its a matter of defending being a problem, FIFA13 is better than 12 from an attacking perspective. Play me on Ultimate Team I guarantee you will concede goals, no way avoiding it Viva, it will happen.
Viva, whats Nadz like for slide tackles......

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:41 pm

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra wrote:
Yeah Ultimate Team mainly. Lot of high scoring matches. I dont think its a matter of defending being a problem, FIFA13 is better than 12 from an attacking perspective. Play me on Ultimate Team I guarantee you will concede goals, no way avoiding it Viva, it will happen.
Viva, whats Nadz like for slide tackles......

You're right there, they've made the game more open now and it suits the attackers rather then defenders which they've done since they made the series. I am a conservative player and always assess the risks before I make my move, I will concede goals but I think I do concede less then the average Fifa gamer.

Don't get me started on his slide tackles, it seems like the rest of his buttons don't work an he abuses the slide tackle button. He cheats I made so many off the ball runs with my players and he would chop them up but because that wasn't the player I was controlling he gets away with it. Best way to combat Nadeems cheating is playing with dribblers run at him with the ball make him commit his slide tackles and when he misses them his team will be left opened and thats when you can play the through ball or continue to run at the second defender because his defending is so poor.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:53 pm

He cheats I made so many off the ball runs with my players and he would chop them up but because that wasn't the player I was controlling he gets away with it.
That is exactly what I said to Soddy earlier this morning. Annoys me so much as you dont get the foul for it, it take your player ages to get back up and your left with no passing options infront of you.
Best way to combat Nadeems cheating is playing with dribblers run at him with the ball make him commit his slide tackles and when he misses them his team will be left opened and thats when you can play the through ball or continue to run at the second defender because his defending is so poor.
Yeah, I did dribble past 3 or 4 players with Kagawa but he got a tackle in before I let my shot off.
Im not one of these FIFA players who takes a whole team on with a 5 star skill player so I may have to work on my dribbling & tricks.

I dont know why, me and my mates all play it like real football. We enjoy keeping possesion, getting it down the wings to whip crosses in (yet my crossing is poop on this one, havent got used to it), looking for gaps to play that killer ball. Also like to up the pace at times and play that fast paced one touch flair game.

I cant stand playing against people who just want to chop your players just so you cant go anywhere. Its one of the reasons I stopped buying FIFA as there was so many before, think there is less now on 13 due to the focus being on attacking play.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:03 pm

100% agree with your comments.

I'm not so good at taking on players myself with skills and tricks, best thing to do is just slow your player down and turn in an out quickly the players with good dribbling ability can do this fast an leave a man thats when you use the pace to get forward.

I always play a passing game I'm not that good on this Fifa with the crosses because you have to time your headers an shots. I like to play passes and look for an opening through the middle. An like you when I get near the opposition final third I'll try to quicken the pace play couple one touches an get players on runs to open up thier team.

An I do the opposite when I'm leading in a game slow the passing down switch it across play in my half to get thier team to push up and if its possible hit them on the break with my wingers and it can lead to a goal.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:11 pm

If anyone here can guess what my predictive text corrects "hve" to on my phone, I will send them a basket of muffins.

It's the most ridiculous word, and I don't know if it is even a word or one I used once and added to the dictionary. Either way, it would change messages substantially any time I misspell "have"

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:15 pm

Hocus.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:19 pm

No, not hocus

It changes it to "ubersexual"

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:19 pm

hoe

Based on you saying it might be one you used previously
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:22 pm

hardon
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Viva, we play with similar styles.
I but a football game to play football, not some any means necessary win. I wouldnt feel any satisfaction winning by just fouling players, hitting long balls, just one 5 star skill player to do hundreds of tricks until i catch the defender out, using Agbonlahor (or any fast player) to run down the touchline past players to cut inside and score etc.
I want to play the beautiful game and win by doing such.

Soddy, did it autocorrect it to.........Hive ?

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:23 pm

My predictive text kindly changed barbeque to bukk@ke.
That went down well when I text my wife to say we'd been invited round her sister's for the afternoon for a barbeque.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:25 pm

Hero wrote:My predictive text kindly changed barbeque to bukk@ke.
That went down well when I text my wife to say we'd been invited round her sister's for the afternoon for a barbeque.

Laugh

At least mine was less bluntly coarse.

Although I can't imagine the phone already came (so to speak) with the word "bukk@ke" in there...so...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:31 pm

My predictive text kindly changed barbeque to bukk@ke.
Is her sister hot though, im sure thats what everyone now want to know lol

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Her response to that could have been very telling. Had she instantly gone to fetch her goggles, you might have started to worry/get excited*

*delete as appropriate
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:33 pm

No I had added that word when Id sent my mate a joke off Sickepedia a few days earlier. Didn't though realise it then would replace perfectly valid words. Strangely enough my wife wanted to know why I had bulk@ke on my phone (not literally, it would be a mare to clean off)

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:34 pm

Laugh
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:35 pm

sodhat wrote:

Laugh

At least mine was less bluntly coarse.

Although I can't imagine the phone already came (so to speak) with the word "bukk@ke" in there...so...

That is a very good point Sod. Barbeque is far more likely to be a default word than bukk@ke.

You sure it wasn't the other way round and auto corrected to barbeque. She'd have headed round expecting a sausage and unexpectedly got it!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Unrelated topic.

What is the point of engagament? Does really mean anything? Is it just an excuse for a girl to dress up. Fancy word for boyfriend an girlfriend?

No silly answers or I'll report you.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:39 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:Unrelated topic.

What is the point of engagament? Does really mean anything? Is it just an excuse for a girl to dress up. Fancy word for boyfriend an girlfriend?

It's probably more a security thing than anything else. Seems harder to just walk out when you're engaged rather than just boyfriend/girfriend.

Also means you get your ring round her finger.

Don't report me.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:40 pm

She gets a ring, you get presents, and she can then gossip for months/years about wedding plans. You get nothing but headaches and lost £££.

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:40 pm

It just keeps her quiet for a bit longer.

In my case, we were moving in together and it made it more acceptable to her Dad that we were engaged when it happened. Although he did still think we had separate rooms.

Those crazy old fashioned Welshies! Laugh
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:42 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:

She gets a ring, you get presents, and she can then gossip for months/years about wedding plans. You get nothing but headaches and lost £££.

That is bringing back nightmares. Two years where every time their was a split second of silence, you had to discuss wedding planning Crying or Very sad

I remember the day after the wedding we had nothing to talk about. That was the best day of my life
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:43 pm

As Indians its an excuse for the girl to throw an Engagament party, tell & show off to everyone, speand money on the party when it could be used for better things eg house deposit. Errr....just my personal opinion.

Why do you ask Viva? Has Azzy made a proposal to you?

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:44 pm

The wife and I got married in a proper old school style village church, lovely setting and all but one in which the vicar insisted that every week for the 6 months prior to the wedding we attended the Sunday service.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Cheers guys Sad

If Azzy wasn't married then yeah we probably would have Zidane. I'm on about myself, I think engagagment is a load of Love sacks wasting money, Asian weddings are too expensive. A friend of mine getting married soon spent 10 grand on his wifes gold.

FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:03 pm

A friend of mine getting married soon spent 10 grand on his wifes gold.
Not surprising.
At my mates sisters wedding the other week the bar bill was around 6k. There was around 500 people there. When your starting on pints or bottles of bud then moving onto the spirits I can easily see that bar bill being real.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:20 pm

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra wrote:
A friend of mine getting married soon spent 10 grand on his wifes gold.
Not surprising.
At my mates sisters wedding the other week the bar bill was around 6k. There was around 500 people there. When your starting on pints or bottles of bud then moving onto the spirits I can easily see that bar bill being real.

That is too many people, I don't see the point on wasting money on things like that. Like you said that money could go to something useful like a house, or funding for 606v2.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:21 pm

That is too many people, I don't see the point on wasting money on things like that. Like you said that money could go to something useful like a house, or funding for 606v2.
Thats just weddings mate. Indian weddings always cost poop loads and have hundreds of people there.
Thhink the biggest one VIve ever been too had something like 800 people.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:24 pm

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra wrote:
Thats just weddings mate. Indian weddings always cost poop loads and have hundreds of people there.
Thhink the biggest one VIve ever been too had something like 800 people.

Exactly and lets be honest how many of the peple that you invite to the wedding do you really give a crap about, its pointless but saying that the weddings are still awesome.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21