The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

+66
gazzyD
mikey_dragon
MrPoncho
Beer
Fernando
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Scott is Back
kingraf
lfc91
Kevin Jones
JDizzle
RuggerRadge2611
Azzy
Nakatomi Plaza
President Trump
RinoGattuso
dancingweeman
Paul Mac 6CW
welshy824 (new)
trottb
Brys
TopHat24/7
incontinentia
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
nadeem2099
MtotheC
hodge
Knowsit17
Fists of Fury
compelling and rich
Bull
jimmyinthewell68
Cyril
bsando
Ent
jeromedubois
ChequeredJersey
dummy_half
Mad for Chelsea
Hoggy_Bear
bluestonevedder
Hulking_up
Galted
GSC
BamBam
alfie
teassoc
propdavid_london
Dass
Hero
Biltong
hampo17
Adam D
Kenny
The Galveston Giant
CFCNick
Gregers
BigPhil
Scottrf
hornbloweroafc
AberdeenSteve
Dave.
ADMIN
randy-poffo
70 posters

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 7 Empty Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by randy-poffo Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Did anyone catch the first episode last night on Sky Atlantic.If so what were you're thoughts on it.
I'm a fan of the books that the show came from and was a bit worried how it would come across on TV.But I Really enjoyed the first episode and thought most of the charchters came across well.I'm looking foward to watching the rest of the season.

Last edited by randy-poffo on Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 7 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:58 pm

Jon is definitely a Face! Dany arguably too. Bran's alive, Rickon's alive, and the North Remembers...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 7 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by bsando Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:11 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Okay, so here is my episode recap, bearing in mind I've read the books and I'm about to give some massive spoilers away:
Episode recap:

Spoiler:

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:22 pm

bsando wrote:
Spoiler:
I never thought of that, but it was quite similar Laugh

And about that last point, that will be the best TV of all. I cannot wait for it, it is my favourite part of all the books Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 7 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:48 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Jon is definitely a Face! Dany arguably too. Bran's alive, Rickon's alive, and the North Remembers...

I know she's liberating slave etc but I find her very annoying and hop she does in every episode lol.

True Jon is a face but he's quite cowardly at times!

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:36 am

Ent wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:Jon is definitely a Face! Dany arguably too. Bran's alive, Rickon's alive, and the North Remembers...

I know she's liberating slave etc but I find her very annoying and hop she does in every episode lol.

True Jon is a face but he's quite cowardly at times!

When has Jon been even a bit cowardly? I have my Jon issues, like him being a whiny little bitch at times, but I would never ever have thought of him as cowardly, just a bit smarter than Ned (not hard)
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:37 am

You'll see how un-cowardly Jon is quite shortly...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:44 am

Downloaded the Season 3 soundtrack last night, it is phenomenal. Best tv show music there has ever been.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:58 am

Okay guys and gals, last episode of Season 3 tonight. I hear tell it's 70mins long?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:22 am

I am looking forward to it , but also hating the fact it's the last one for awhile Sad
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Just watched it. Of course anything must be a bit of an anti-climax after last week but not a bad episode...it has its moments !

Cold turkey now until next year alas...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:21 pm

Did anyone see this interview ?

Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin believes that TV bosses turned the Red Wedding brutality “up to eleven” on a scene that was already as “bad as anything”.

Fans of the HBO fantasy epic were left shocked by the vicious slayings of characters such as Robb Stark and Catelyn Stark in episode The Rains of Castamere – and creator Martin admitted earlier this week that penning such a slaughter felt like “murdering two of your children”.

Appearing on Conan O'Brien’s talk show last night, the 64-year-old said that while he knew how the drama ends, departures from the stories in his books were possible during the process of adaptation for TV.

“In broad strokes, I know how it all ends,” he said.

“I discover a certain amount of it as it goes. Of course, there’s no guaranteeing that the show will end the same way. I mean David Benioff and Dan Weiss, the showrunners who script the show, have been known to make changes, including in the Red Wedding.”

Martin continued: “I already had a scene that many people considered extremely brutal and as bad as anything, and they turned it up to eleven by including even more deaths than I had in the books.

“So there are at least four characters who are dead in the TV show who are alive in books still. Hopefully, it will end the same way in the TV show as it does in the books, but we’ll see.”

Asked why such prominent characters were killed off, Martin explained: “I suppose you write the sort of stuff that you’d like to read. And as a reader or a viewer of television or film, I always like unexpected things. And I always like the suspense to be real.

“We’ve all seen the movies where the hero is in trouble, he’s surrounded by twenty people, but you know he’s going to get away, because he’s the hero. And yet you don’t really feel any fear for him.

“I want my readers and I want my viewers to be afraid when my characters are in danger. I want them to be afraid to turn the next page, because the next character might not survive it.”

Martin, who has also written teleplays for sci-fi classic The Twilight Zone, did admit to pangs of guilt over actors missing out on work following the bumping off of their characters.

Recounting how one actress begged him not to kill her character at the premiere for Game of Thrones’ third season he said: “It’s one thing to kill these characters when they are just people on paper, but when you actually meet the actors who portray them, you know you’re making people unemployed, and it does bring up a certain amount of guilt feelings.”

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:43 pm

I am loving this episode so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Good episode

Now the wait until 2014 for the next season

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:29 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I am loving this episode so far.

Have to admit thought it was pretty poor (for a got episode).

Should have ended on last weeks showing- tonight was just a constant tease setting everything up for next season.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:29 pm

And the best season out of the four it will be Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 7 3559488474

Episode recap coming tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:30 pm

season 4 will be excellent
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:33 pm

I might just read the books or give up.

I'll be interested to see viewing figures tail off as for casuals (like me) last week was powerful but a real real downer that I don't think they clawed back this week - it all felt like filler.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:38 pm

The numbers were up on last week, and I think c.30% up on same time last season. It's HBO's second-most viewed show in its history, behind only the Sopranos, and it can overtake that with a strong 4th season.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:44 pm

Eliaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:48 pm

Yes, people are reactive - after last weeks powerful and numbing episode a huge amount of people have tuned in to see by in large filler.

Got may not have a casual fan base, so it may stay strong but as a recent convert (ie this year), this most recent episode has me wondering wether it is worth the time I invest in it.

Which is a shame as I've thought it is a brilliant show rivalling the best ever on tv (the wire, sopranos, 24) until half way through this season.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Got to admit i was left a little deflated by this
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:26 pm

It was a shocking final episode, especially after last week. I'm not going to read the books though or at least not go by the story so far on T.V. Last weeks show would have had very little impact on me had i known what was to happen had i read the books. I would have been waiting three years for the Starks to be wiped out. A long wait lies ahead.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:32 pm

“So there are at least four characters who are dead in the TV show who are alive in books still. Hopefully, it will end the same way in the TV show as it does in the books, but we’ll see.”

What is that all about? Do these characters still play a part in the books past the Red Wedding?
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:37 pm

One was a Dothraki Bloodrider, not sure he's relevant at all
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:48 pm

Xaro is another
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 pm

But I don't think any are THAT significant tbh. Other changes, like the characterisation of a few people and a few small changes in events that have a domino-effect , are probably a lot more problematic
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:59 pm

Call me weird, but I think I've seen episode 9 about 5 times now and the Red Wedding scene about 20 Shocked

Not seen the final episode yet but it's bound to be an anti-climax after that. I'm not surprised it's a scene-setting, tying-up-loose-ends-episode. I'm sure the first episode of season 4 will be similar.

It's still largely high-quality stuff though. Not read the books (yet).

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:00 pm

All I need is for House Martell (namely Oberyn) to rock up on episode 1 of next season and I'm happy
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:01 pm

Why so long til the next season. Why don't they film them back to back like LoTR?
At this rate Bran'll be about 20 by season 6.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Last night's episode did feel a little bit like a mid-season filler rather than the climactic end of the series. The main things that happened (Stanis heading to the Wall, Bran heading north of it, John Snow returning to Castle Black) were all clearly set-ups for subsequent events (I haven't read the books, but have seen a synopsis so I know something of the key events in the near-future of Westeros).

Am I right to understand that this break is in the middle of one of the books?

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:24 pm

dummy_half wrote:Last night's episode did feel a little bit like a mid-season filler rather than the climactic end of the series. The main things that happened (Stanis heading to the Wall, Bran heading north of it, John Snow returning to Castle Black) were all clearly set-ups for subsequent events (I haven't read the books, but have seen a synopsis so I know something of the key events in the near-future of Westeros).

Am I right to understand that this break is in the middle of one of the books?

Maybe 2/3 or a little less through book 3. The whole book in 1 season of 10 2 hour episodes would have be ideal! But was never going to happen
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:39 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:One was a Dothraki Bloodrider, not sure he's relevant at all

I was struggling to come up with four...of course Robb's wife isn't dead in the books , but then again she is a totally different character from the TV version.

Mind you it is a bit hard to work out which Northerner or wildling is which in the heat of battle sometimes...didn't see anyone significant bite the dust yet...

Episode was a bit of a tidy up and scene setting one , but any scenes involving Lannisters having a friendly family chat are worth viewing Smile

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:51 pm

Okay, my episode recap:
Episode recap:
Season 4 promises to be the best season yet. We get some of the best characters coming in, Arya, Bran, Sansa, Theon, Littlefinger, Daenerys and Tyrion's storylines all get better. It's going to be awesome!

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:53 pm

Spoiler:
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:23 am

Apparently the producers have now confirmed that they'll almost certainly catch up to the books. The next book is expected to be released late 2014, which - even if they make that one into two seasons - will only give GRRM 3 years to write the last book. Which ain't happening.

So the long-term future of the show is somewhat clouded right now Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:20 pm

i just bought season two and Im loving it Wink . will get season 3 when it comes out . really want to get the books but it feels like Im cheating on the tv series notworthy 

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:24 pm

I read the books when I heard the TV show had been commissioned with Sean Bean cast as Eddard Stark. I'd been meaning to read them for ages, but never got around to it. I managed to read all the books that had been released by the time S1 was on TV - and I was mesmerized by it.

Series Two is even better than Series One, but Series Three was by far the best series imo.

And Series Four has some of the best moments of all the books Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 7 3559488474

I'd recommend reading the books.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:30 pm

i think i will . its a long wait for the series to catch up with the books . can't wait that long

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Stick with the books - I thought I'd been given the wind-up when I'd read 100 pages of the first book, but after page 101 it all made sense. What a fantastic read GOT was, I'd love to re-read it with no knowledge of what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:23 am

well lets hope its alot easier to read then lord of the rings and hobbit . i found myself back reading the same pages to make sense of it

Last edited by jimmyinthewell68 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:24 am

Oh it is definitely easier to read than those! The thing that threw me straightaway was calling people 'ser' rather than 'sir'. Even something as simple as that had my brain spazzing.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:25 am

well lets hope its alot easier to read then lord of the rings and hobbit . i found myself back reading the same pages to make sense of it steam 

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:26 am

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:well lets hope its alot easier to read then lord of the rings and hobbit . i found myself back reading the same pages to make sense of it steam 
not mad and repeating myself . signal playing up and didnt think it come through

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:47 pm

Well I had issues with watching this show before my friend managed to convince me into it.
I'm not a fan of the nudity as I think its too much, just a person opinion, I know there is more in the book.

Although I have gone from hating this show to slowly starting enjoy the politics for the throne. Although I hate the fact they keep killing off the characters I like. Laugh A friend of mine did warn me not to get attached to anyone as I now know after seeing 2 fav's get taken off. =(

Also have to say the Red Wedding was hectic!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:14 pm

Bull, you're a 17 year old boy, how can there be any such thing as too much nudity in your world  Laugh 

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:05 pm

Has anybody seen the the Southpark trilogy (well the first two anyway given the last is this Wednesday) Its a spin off of GoT but instead of battling for the thron its battling for the next gen consoles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:01 pm

I'm not sure what my age has to do with it BamBam? I personally just feel there is too much of it. I just don't like how much it occurs.

I have seen all 3 Gazzy, rather good also love the "Garden of Betrayal"

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:06 am

still not quite sure how martin is going to cram all that need to happen in one last book, i expect it will be one book in two parts like others but still so much that needs resolving.

any ideas rough dates been released about the latest book yet? i know martin doesn't like revealing dates after the last one but it seems like ive been waiting forever already

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:40 pm

Still two more books to go...so we may be waiting a while for the Final Outcome.

And George sort of hinted that he thinks he can wrap it up in just two more...

Hope he stays healthy  Smile 

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:53 pm

gazzyD wrote:Has anybody seen the the Southpark trilogy (well the first two anyway given the last is this Wednesday) Its a spin off of GoT but instead of battling for the thron its battling for the next gen consoles

Yes, thought it was bloody hilarious. Classic South Park.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next