The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

+66
gazzyD
mikey_dragon
MrPoncho
Beer
Fernando
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Scott is Back
kingraf
lfc91
Kevin Jones
JDizzle
RuggerRadge2611
Azzy
Nakatomi Plaza
President Trump
RinoGattuso
dancingweeman
Paul Mac 6CW
welshy824 (new)
trottb
Brys
TopHat24/7
incontinentia
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
nadeem2099
MtotheC
hodge
Knowsit17
Fists of Fury
compelling and rich
Bull
jimmyinthewell68
Cyril
bsando
Ent
jeromedubois
ChequeredJersey
dummy_half
Mad for Chelsea
Hoggy_Bear
bluestonevedder
Hulking_up
Galted
GSC
BamBam
alfie
teassoc
propdavid_london
Dass
Hero
Biltong
hampo17
Adam D
Kenny
The Galveston Giant
CFCNick
Gregers
BigPhil
Scottrf
hornbloweroafc
AberdeenSteve
Dave.
ADMIN
randy-poffo
70 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 12 Empty Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by randy-poffo Tue 19 Apr 2011, 6:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Did anyone catch the first episode last night on Sky Atlantic.If so what were you're thoughts on it.
I'm a fan of the books that the show came from and was a bit worried how it would come across on TV.But I Really enjoyed the first episode and thought most of the charchters came across well.I'm looking foward to watching the rest of the season.

Last edited by randy-poffo on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 12 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by Azzy Tue 26 May 2015, 3:30 pm

That scene with Bronn and Tyene was pure gold. I hate the other two sand snakes with a passion, but there's something Oberyn-like about Tyene. She's an astonishing woman.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 12 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 26 May 2015, 3:46 pm

We know why you like her azzy Laugh only cuz she got her jubblies out you saw the sensual sand sluts in action there.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 27 May 2015, 7:53 am

Well, caught up the last two episodes last night (was on holiday last week).

Both good. Really don't see the issue with the Sansa r**e scene - we all know Ramsey is a psycho, and that was completely in character, and filming the scene by watching Theon's reaction to it was a sensible approach.

Not warming to the Arya storyline at the moment, although presumably that's about to move forward.

Oh, and my heart bleeds for poor misunderstood Cersei...well, maybe not, couldn't happen to a nicer b*tch.

Good to have Littlefinger scheming away again - the most self-serving man in Westeros (and there's quite some competition for that title).

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 27 May 2015, 10:40 am

The best part of Monday night was the exchange between Olenna Tyrell and the High Sparrow.

Olenna: “Don’t spar with me, little fella”

Followed by “You want to punish poor Loras for sh*gging a perfume ponce”.

Quality stuff. Lady Olenna is fast becoming my favourite character at the moment. That look she shot Cersei last week when Margery was taken to prison. Looks don’t come more withering than that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 27 May 2015, 12:21 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:We know why you like her azzy Laugh only cuz she got her jubblies out you saw the sensual sand sluts in action there.

They were an outstanding pair of jubblies though

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 27 May 2015, 12:38 pm

True bambino. She looked as flat as a pancake with her kit on but I was mildly impressed by her watermelons of Justice.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 27 May 2015, 12:48 pm

Tino I was kissed by the Queen of Thorns in October. Dame Diana is still hot stuff.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 01 Jun 2015, 7:38 pm

Fracking brilliant episode last night. Best of the series by a reasonable distance.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:47 pm

OMG, what an incredible episode. Just spectacular. I don't know where to begin on how amazing it was.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 01 Jun 2015, 11:04 pm

Staggering 25 minutes of TV on tonight's episode.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 02 Jun 2015, 8:14 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Staggering 25 minutes of TV on tonight's episode.

It really was. That whole final scene at Hardhome was just brilliant.

Sweeping scenery, atmospheric, tense and gloriously violent. Game of Thrones at it's very best.

I wasn't sure they could top the battle at Castle Black from series 4 but I think they might have just done it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 02 Jun 2015, 9:30 am

Phenomenal

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 02 Jun 2015, 9:33 am

When Game of Thrones has better zombies than an actual zombie show, you know that zombie show is rubbish #walkingdeadisdeadtome

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:15 am

Went up a gear , didn't it ? I think that tops any of their previous battle scenes. Brilliant clap

Meanwhile , Arya is getting on with her story and Tyrion is back to doing what he does best...

Looking forward to the last couple of episodes.

And to seeing a bit more of Cersei devil

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 02 Jun 2015, 1:28 pm

Why didn't Jon Snow's sword break when hit by Zombie? I guess the obvious answer is: "it's made of Dragonglass dummy!", but it seemed like a normal sword and he looked surprised himself. Its probably made of Valyrian steel, but is said alloy Zombie-shatter resistant?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Tue 02 Jun 2015, 1:33 pm

Valyrian steel is forged using magic and dragon fire - I would assume it is this mix that makes it Zombie resistant

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 02 Jun 2015, 1:33 pm

Valyrian steel has magic qualities, hence its rarity and the fact that only 2/3 people alive know how to re-forge it. No-one alive can make new Valyrian steel as that secret was lost in the Doom.

There have been suggestions for years that Valyrian steel would be important in the story and so it has proven - it too can kill the Others. So just as the dragonglass has been lost (left in Wun Wun's hut), mankind now has a new weapon it can defend itself with.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 5:05 pm

All the Hardhome scenes together were a pure masterclass. Talking, fighting, tension, panic and atmosphere. I don't remember the last time I was so intensely absorbed in anything. I chickened and had to pause momentarily as I realised what was going down, such was the difficulty I was having controlling my breathing.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 02 Jun 2015, 9:09 pm

That final scene when Jon Snow was out on the sea (why the frak weren't they rowing like mentalists to get away?!) and the Night's King was resurrecting the dead... Shivers.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Wed 03 Jun 2015, 6:36 am

Would the giant get on a boat or would he sink it?

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 03 Jun 2015, 9:06 am

He'd sink it, what he can do is grab a rope and be towed. It's not that far round the coast.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Jones Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:14 am

I'm assuming the White Walkers can't swim then?

Kevin Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:39 am

No but as the winter moves forward they will be able to cross the sea

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Jones Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:45 am

Oh alright, so they won't be confined to Westeros?

And weird theory I have going on but I can see Queen Margery turning into a Cersei type character. She's married the King for power and the witches fortune told of Cersei outliving her children, hence, Tyrell's killing Tommen??

Kevin Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:06 am

I think Margery and Cersei have similar traits - One reoccurring theme is that the children of people in power are far more likely to react without thinking about the long game - They don't have the wisdom that their parents or the older generation who are advising them have

More and more of those wise heads are falling away which lessens the chance of them seeing where the real threat is coming from and coming together to fight it - Their own selfish greed and need to be in total control will ultimately cause their complete destruction - Unless the threat of the walkers is somehow seen by more than just John Snow and the Nights watch and then he can bring the families together?

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:57 am

A part of me wanted the white walkers to kill the big giant. Surely I'm not the only one that wanted it to happen, RIGHT??? Sad
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:01 pm

I think its a bit silly how The Faith have got so powerful overnight.

Also, all the turmoil in King's Landing is leaving a wide opening for someone to swoop in and claim the Iron Throne...
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:10 pm

It always irritated me in the books how powerful the Faith became, so quickly. If I were a Tyrell or Tommen, I'd have sent in an army, killed every single one of the idiots, then dealt with the fallout as necessary. Take down the Sept of Baelor if necessary.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 03 Jun 2015, 2:08 pm

Azzy wrote:It always irritated me in the books how powerful the Faith became, so quickly. If I were a Tyrell or Tommen, I'd have sent in an army, killed every single one of the idiots, then dealt with the fallout as necessary. Take down the Sept of Baelor if necessary.

Pretty sure Tywin would have taken forceful action. But they don't make 'em like him any more Smile

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 03 Jun 2015, 2:42 pm

True. Robert, Stannis, even Renly, all would have done something. Not sure about Eddard Stark. Jon Arryn would have, Aerys would have burned them all, Balon Greyjoy, everyone would have massacred them. I remain hopeful that dragonfire will resolve that plotline.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 08 Jun 2015, 7:13 am

What an episode! I preferred it to last week. I'm sure the professionally offended will be saying they'll be boycotting again.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 08 Jun 2015, 9:16 am

The latest episode was distressing in the highest margin.

Spolier:
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 08 Jun 2015, 12:46 pm

"Too old" Whistle
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 08 Jun 2015, 12:52 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:What an episode! I preferred it to last week. I'm sure the professionally offended will be saying they'll be boycotting again.

I am anything but "professionally offended". And I applaud 95% of the episode.

They are entitled to veer away from the books. But when people act completely out of character , I am seriously cheesed off...

Not happy with this one. Watch and judge...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 08 Jun 2015, 6:19 pm

I'm not enjoying the Dorne storyline either tbh. Hopefully we get a glimpse of Doran's master plan next week, because he can't have played all his cards already! Ellaria relented too quickly as well, presume she has other misdeeds planned...

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:39 pm

That was very hard to watch, towards the end of that scene my wife had to mute the telly

Another apparent departure from the books although one suggested by Martin. Next week will hopefully give people the ultimate playoffs they have been waiting for

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 12:17 am

I really really REALLY just want Melisandre dead. Stannis is a douche for going along with that but its all on her

The tv show is ahead of were i am in the books (just finished storm of swords) but think the books absolutely own the television series

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 09 Jun 2015, 1:07 am

While it will take more than this to totally switch me off a series in the space of one episode, I cannot deplore the writers' taste enough. To diverge so erratically and to portray such a horrid, vile betrayal of trust for the sake of hype is beyond my ability to describe... I feel sick to the stomach and highly uncertain regarding my overall thoughts toward the series atm

Last edited by Knowsit17 on Tue 09 Jun 2015, 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 09 Jun 2015, 1:19 am

Spoiler:

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 09 Jun 2015, 7:11 am

As someone who hasn't read the books last night's episode was a superb gripping episode. The scene was hard to watch but that is why got is one of the best shows ever made.

Episodes 8 and 9 this season have been utterly fantastic

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Tue 09 Jun 2015, 7:52 am

Whilst still compelling viewing I cant help but think that in the case of Winterfell the only thing that people care about is whether Sansa escapes and Ramsay get's his come uppance

The recent decision from Stannis has meant I don't care who is the victor between the Boltons and The Baratheons as long as ultimately they both meet a bloody and painful end

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 09 Jun 2015, 8:15 am

Gregers wrote:As someone who hasn't read the books last night's episode was a superb gripping episode. The scene was hard to watch but that is why got is one of the best shows ever made.

Episodes 8 and 9 this season have been utterly fantastic

I agree with every word of this. Judging from friends who have read the books and peoples general thoughts on here, I think it is a blessing to those of us who haven't read them. We don't have any precedents or expectations of how the story develops. We can watch in relative ignorance.

Gregers is absolutely spot on, last nights episode was gripping, compelling and difficult to watch. Great TV should make you question what you're watching. It should make you want to turn away from time to time. Better that than a vast majority of the mindless, soul destroying sh*te that passes for 'TV entertainment' you can find these days. I have sympathy for those that have read the books and dislike the direction some characters are taking, but if you haven't read them, it is truly mesmerising stuff.

I don't have any expectations of Stannis. Even given his emotional scene with his daughter early this series, he has always seemed on the edge to me. He is led my both his desire (and feeling of entitlement) to the throne and by Melisandre. Unfortunately for his daughter, those parts of his character were too strong to stop. The scene was devastatingly powerful, but not one (as a non-reader of the books) I would have ever put past Stannis.

My only complaint with last night was the final scene when Dany flew off on the dragon. It looked a little 'How to train your dragon' ish for me. Emilia Clarke is a great actress but I thought she got that part wrong and looked like a little girl climbing on a merry go round. I wanted her to look fierce and powerful as she controlled her dragon. That's just a personal take on it though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 09 Jun 2015, 8:59 am

It makes no sense in a series sense though.

Stannis Baratheon is a man who endured unbearable hardships. A man who Tyrion described in season 2 as :
"Stannis Baratheon, who had once held Storm's End through a year of siege, surviving on rats and boot leather while the Lord Tyrell sat outside with his hosts, banqueting in sight of his walls".

or even better, Tywin Lannister stated in season 3 :

"This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some."

So all of a sudden a little snow, Ramsay Bolton's raiding party, forces Stannis to burn his daughter alive after everything he has done in the past to protect her and help her.

I don't mind divergences from the book but they have to make sense.

He has now killed his only heir. Furthermore if he thinks the people of the 7 kingdoms will follow a kinslayer and someone who has burned his own daughter to death, it just makes no sense.

Finally the writers tried to justify the burning of Shereen last night as something that will happen in the books. That may be so but I think it will be Melisandre's doing exclusively since they are both left at the wall whilst Stannis marches for Winterfell.

Pretty gutted about last night for a variety of reasons.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 09 Jun 2015, 9:36 am

First, I doff my cap to Kerry Ingram. She has played Shireen Baratheon so superbly and right to the end I was rooting for the little girl who survived greyscale. Bravo!

Second, I fart in the general direction of Dan Benioff and DB Weiss. They have taken one of the most complex, yet stunningly simple characters written into the series and turned him into an empty shell of a man, a religious psychopath, a kinslayer. They have taken someone who the realm was looking to turn to, the hero of the Wall, the rightful king of Westeros, and made him into the one person everyone wants to die.

In the books I'm Team Baratheon. In the show, I honestly think I'm Team Bolton. Which shows just how badly the producers have taken the direction of the show.

Third, I already loathed the Mother of Dragons, both in the books and the show. Even more in the show, if that's possible. But that dragon riding scene was so badly done, so poorly acted, I want her to die the most painful death imaginable.

Fourth, great line from Daario last night, to Hizdahr zo Loraq - 'shut your mouth' or something. So well delivered Laugh

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 09 Jun 2015, 10:50 am

Azzy wrote:First, I doff my cap to Kerry Ingram. She has played Shireen Baratheon so superbly and right to the end I was rooting for the little girl who survived greyscale. Bravo!

Second, I fart in the general direction of Dan Benioff and DB Weiss. They have taken one of the most complex, yet stunningly simple characters written into the series and turned him into an empty shell of a man, a religious psychopath, a kinslayer. They have taken someone who the realm was looking to turn to, the hero of the Wall, the rightful king of Westeros, and made him into the one person everyone wants to die.

In the books I'm Team Baratheon. In the show, I honestly think I'm Team Bolton. Which shows just how badly the producers have taken the direction of the show.

Third, I already loathed the Mother of Dragons, both in the books and the show. Even more in the show, if that's possible. But that dragon riding scene was so badly done, so poorly acted, I want her to die the most painful death imaginable.

Fourth, great line from Daario last night, to Hizdahr zo Loraq - 'shut your mouth' or something. So well delivered Laugh

I love this expression Azzy!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 09 Jun 2015, 12:59 pm

Sorry I don't buy this "great television" thing...Shock value : OK - but it has to make sense.  The Red Wedding was a real plot driver , with repercussions ongoing throughout the story.  Ditto the lopping of poor Ned's head in series one.  But this ?
As has been said , it hasn't happened in the books.  That in itself isn't the main thing though. Neither was that rather touching scene in which Stannis quite uncharacteristically expressed his love for his daughter : so that scene was deliberately written in ; clearly in the full knowledge of what was to be shown on episode 9 - I can only think in order to disconcert the viewer. In other words , to create shock for shocks sake...
If George was indeed " in on it" then I am starting to worry about where he is going with the story. Is he getting carried away with all the fuss over the dramatic demise of popular characters , to the point where he is going to write more into the books purely in order to outrage his readers ?  Up to now the plot (convoluted though it is ) has made sense.  But if he's going off into gratuitous shock/horror just to get a rise out of us then I do fear for the rest of the saga.

Maybe I'm wrong . Perhaps this is an integral part of some complicated future storyline. But from where I'm sitting it just looks like an unnecessary and unpleasant sideline which isn't actually going anywhere. Except to rather kill off the average viewer's sympathy for Stannis. "Shades of Grey" have been a strength of the narrative up to now. Hope that isn't being abandoned in the pursuit of TV ratings...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 09 Jun 2015, 1:28 pm

Alfie- I'm guessing that throwing Shireen on the barbie will serve the story by allowing Melisandre to work her magic and enable Stannis to continue his march towards the Iron throne. This is in contrast to the violation of Sansa, which was gratuitous nonsense to provoke fan reactions.

I thought it was a very good episode last night. I got all choked up when Dany was re-united with Drogon and they shared a nice moment and then flew off into the sunset.

Also looking forward to Arya's revenge on Meryn Trant (who knew he was a paedo??!). It sets up nicely for a great finale next week. Drool
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 09 Jun 2015, 1:38 pm

incontinentia wrote:Alfie- I'm guessing that throwing Shireen on the barbie will serve the story by allowing Melisandre to work her magic and enable Stannis to continue his march towards the Iron throne. This is in contrast to the violation of Sansa, which was gratuitous nonsense to provoke fan reactions.

I thought it was a very good episode last night. I got all choked up when Dany was re-united with Drogon and they shared a nice moment and then flew off into the sunset.

Also looking forward to Arya's revenge on Meryn Trant (who knew he was a paedo??!). It sets up nicely for a great finale next week. Drool

She's going to stop it snowing ? Not unless they are turning the whole northern theme on its head... I see we completely disagree there because I thought the Sansa episode , unpleasant as it was , made perfect sense ; were we expecting Ramsey to behave like a gentleman ? But Stannis , as rugger pointed out , was struggling , but not down and out yet ; and his yielding to Melisandre's urging in this case just didn't ring true.
Agree about Arya though ...a chance to cross one off her list thumbsup

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 09 Jun 2015, 1:49 pm

alfie wrote:
incontinentia wrote:Alfie- I'm guessing that throwing Shireen on the barbie will serve the story by allowing Melisandre to work her magic and enable Stannis to continue his march towards the Iron throne. This is in contrast to the violation of Sansa, which was gratuitous nonsense to provoke fan reactions.

She's going to stop it snowing ?  Not unless they are turning the whole northern theme on its head...  I see we completely disagree there because I thought the Sansa episode , unpleasant as it was , made perfect sense ; were we expecting Ramsey to behave like a gentleman ?   But Stannis , as rugger pointed out , was struggling , but not down and out yet ; and his yielding to Melisandre's urging in this case just didn't ring true.
Agree about Arya though ...a chance to cross one off her list thumbsup

You know the show is sailing a bit close to the wind when the comment highlighted above was the second worst thing to happen in an episode.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 09 Jun 2015, 2:05 pm

I agree alfie. There's great television and there's going too far. All that has happened up to now (Ned's beheading; the Red Wedding; Oberyn's demise; Sansa's r*** etc) shocked the hell out of me the first time I watched it but this is the first case where my moral repulsion simply outweighs my anticipation of what happens next.

Had I had any idea what would happen, I would have skipped the scene. For once I actually wish I'd read a spoiler beforehand just to avoid such a ghastly scene. Or they could have done it more quietly... maybe even off screen (like Trant's actions earlier in the same episode). The implication is rotten enough but it beats drawing out every excruciating detail of that one scene.

As I said, I could take everything the series had thrown before now and call it great television. But in this alone, the writers' taste is just overwhelmingly foul. Complete and utter tastelessness and not why I subscribe to the show.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next