The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

+66
gazzyD
mikey_dragon
MrPoncho
Beer
Fernando
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Scott is Back
kingraf
lfc91
Kevin Jones
JDizzle
RuggerRadge2611
Azzy
Nakatomi Plaza
President Trump
RinoGattuso
dancingweeman
Paul Mac 6CW
welshy824 (new)
trottb
Brys
TopHat24/7
incontinentia
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
nadeem2099
MtotheC
hodge
Knowsit17
Fists of Fury
compelling and rich
Bull
jimmyinthewell68
Cyril
bsando
Ent
jeromedubois
ChequeredJersey
dummy_half
Mad for Chelsea
Hoggy_Bear
bluestonevedder
Hulking_up
Galted
GSC
BamBam
alfie
teassoc
propdavid_london
Dass
Hero
Biltong
hampo17
Adam D
Kenny
The Galveston Giant
CFCNick
Gregers
BigPhil
Scottrf
hornbloweroafc
AberdeenSteve
Dave.
ADMIN
randy-poffo
70 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 11 Empty Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by randy-poffo Tue 19 Apr 2011, 6:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Did anyone catch the first episode last night on Sky Atlantic.If so what were you're thoughts on it.
I'm a fan of the books that the show came from and was a bit worried how it would come across on TV.But I Really enjoyed the first episode and thought most of the charchters came across well.I'm looking foward to watching the rest of the season.

Last edited by randy-poffo on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 11 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by alfie Fri 20 Jun 2014, 1:22 am

I was not going to get into the Lyanna thing : but as it is open now , yes , I think that is a definite. Certain passages when Ned dreams/recalls past events , and references to promises to his dying sister , just don't make any sense otherwise.
But of course we don't get the character's internal musings on screen ...and Ned wasn't going to talk to anyone about it ! randy-poffo is right - Howland Reed , as the only survivor from the events in Dorne at the end of Robert's rebellion , is surely the one who will at some time reveal the truth. Lord knows when though...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 11 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by dummy_half Tue 14 Apr 2015, 10:37 am

And we're back...

As with the first episode of most of the series, not the most action-packed episode, but with some interesting progression of the narrative - Cersei and Jamie realising that the loss of their father makes them hugely vulnerable, while Tyrion and Varys's discussions make for an interesting future alliance with Dany.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 14 Apr 2015, 11:01 am

Yes , bit of a scene setter... though the Harpy coming down made a great shot.

Variations from the book , of course...I am a bit sorry to see they appear to have "simplified" the Mance story . So perhaps Tormund will have a bit of extra work to do later ; depending on how they intend to deal with Theon's story...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 14 Apr 2015, 11:48 am

It was a solid episode, one or two talking points but nothing much happened

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 14 Apr 2015, 1:35 pm

The show just isn't the same without Joffrey and his shenanigans.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 14 Apr 2015, 1:59 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:The show just isn't the same without Joffrey and his shenanigans.
Yea I miss the little scamp!

I think I'm going off Game of Thrones a bit. The slaughter of established characters on a weekly basis tends to lose its lustre after a while.

What did you make of last night's episode? Daenarys seems a bit kunty, I'm not rooting for her anymore- I hope those dragons get released soon too. Tyrion is going to meet her soon, I wonder how that will pan out?

Not as excited for this series as previous ones.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 14 Apr 2015, 2:18 pm

I think Tyrion will soon find out that Dany has lost control of her dragons and hopefully tries blackmailing her. I stopped rooting for her ever since Khal Drogo died.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 15 Apr 2015, 7:06 pm

alfie wrote:Yes , bit of a scene setter... though the Harpy coming down made a great shot.

Variations from the book , of course...I am a bit sorry to see they appear to have "simplified" the Mance story . So perhaps Tormund will have a bit of extra work to do later ; depending on how they intend to deal with Theon's story...

been a while since i read that book and was scratching my head thinking it was different

book spoiler:

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 16 Apr 2015, 1:17 am

compelling and rich wrote:
alfie wrote:Yes , bit of a scene setter... though the Harpy coming down made a great shot.

been a while since i read that book and was scratching my head thinking it was different

book spoiler:

Spoiler:

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:44 am

Fairly sh*t episode last night, going off this show fast. However a mate has seen the leaked first 4 episodes and apparently it kicks up a notch in the next two.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2015, 10:57 am

I don't think it was that bad, few good talking points from it

Jaimie and Bronn going to Dorne to get his daughter back
Dany is losing control of pretty much everything
Arya met up with Jaqen
Jon Snow became leader of the Nightswatch

I'm looking forward to how all this plays out

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 21 Apr 2015, 11:21 am

I guess they need those episodes to set up new storylines etc. The Dragon is sure to play a role in the near future, hope he does. Daenarys certainly is a terrible politician.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 21 Apr 2015, 12:32 pm

I heard the Jaime going to Dorne storyline doesn't happen in the book. Interesting.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 21 Apr 2015, 12:43 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:I heard the Jaime going to Dorne storyline doesn't happen in the book. Interesting.

No. And Brienne never sighted Sansa either. But to be honest I quite like the different directions the TV series is taking ...makes it a rather different story , which is good for suspense for those of us who have read all the books : presume they will all end up in the same place eventually though...assuming George ever gets to finish the thing Smile

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 28 Apr 2015, 1:52 pm

Good episode last night.

Get the impression Roos Bolton and/or Ramsey will meet a gruesome end in the near future. Sansa must have some sort of revenge plan, she simply must!

Interesting to see what happens with Jorah Mormont/Tyrion and Dani. There are so many pieces to this puzzle its hard to figure out how things might pan out.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 28 Apr 2015, 8:31 pm

"I'm sorry we don't have more wine Cersei it's a bit early for us!" My favourite line of the episode. I expect Margaery will pay for her passive-aggressive barbs by the end of the season.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:35 am

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:"I'm sorry we don't have more wine Cersei it's a bit early for us!" My favourite line of the episode. I expect Margaery will pay for her passive-aggressive barbs by the end of the season.

Yeah, that was a quality line.

I was glad old Janos got his head lopped off as well. Simpering old sycophant. What a scene that was as well. Technically, I mean. Not that I have attended many beheadings, but it looked incredibly realistic!

I am interested to see if Jorah taking Tyrion to Dany will be enough to get him back on side with her.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:20 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
I was glad old Janos got his head lopped off as well.  Simpering old sycophant.  What a scene that was as well.  Technically, I mean.  Not that I have attended many beheadings, but it looked incredibly realistic
Yes, it's the most realistic beheading I've seen too. You knew that Jon had to go through with it, but it was still pretty shocking!

Stannis' tiny nod of approval was excellent too. It was a real 'kudos, son' moment.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 3:21 pm

What's going on with Arya? Is she gonna get face changing powers or what.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 29 Apr 2015, 5:20 pm

this series is really swerving away from the books, it would appear its missed months and months of tyrions story and a fair few important new characters as well.

not sure its good its diverging away from the books, the reason its been so good in the first place is because its stuck closely to the books. major problem i see is the tv series is catching the books far too quickly and will soon overtake it. no idea where the story will go then

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 05 May 2015, 11:40 am

What a great fight scene at the end of this week's episode. And those Dornell girls are ugly as fudge. But all in all it was a pretty good episode.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Tue 05 May 2015, 12:23 pm

Really enjoyed this weeks episode, even before the final 5mins it was the best episode of the series so far.

Glad Bronn is still kicking around - one of my favourite characters.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 05 May 2015, 2:11 pm

Well the TV series has obviously decided to completely abandon the books ...virtually nothing in this latest episode happened in the written version...looks as if we are going to be watching totally different storylines from here on ; though presumably they will have to bring whatever characters George leaves alive back to the situation he has in mind for the conclusion of the whole thing.
That is , if George ever finishes his saga.  I presume he does know where he is going with all this ( I understand he has tipped off the TV mob about how it is supposed to end up) ; but I am starting to wonder if even he is quite sure how he is going bring his myriad threads together to reach a satisfying denouement . He is taking a devil of a long time with the latest book...
Trouble is , the TV series is essentially simplifying much of the story ; which is OK , I guess - but it does run the risk of racing ahead to a finish long before we get the whole beautifully , if sometimes maddeningly , complicated narrative reaching its end.
I for one would find that a bit of a pity.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 05 May 2015, 2:13 pm

dancingweeman wrote:Really enjoyed this weeks episode, even before the final 5mins it was the best episode of the series so far.

Yes . Perhaps somewhat contrary to my post immediately above ; but I am glad to see Bronn given a more interesting role than he has in the later books. He is always fun.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 05 May 2015, 2:17 pm

dancingweeman wrote:Really enjoyed this weeks episode, even before the final 5mins it was the best episode of the series so far.

Bronn is a legend. Fine episode this week, looking forward to next week.

Have any of you folks heard of the "R+L=J" theory? Interesting, if you don't mind potential spoilers http://www.vox.com/2015/5/4/8543525/jon-snow-mother
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Tue 05 May 2015, 9:37 pm

incontinentia wrote:

Have any of you folks heard of the "R+L=J" theory? Interesting, if you don't mind potential spoilers http://www.vox.com/2015/5/4/8543525/jon-snow-mother

Yeah it's a theory that has been around for a while and has been hinted at in the books. Also the latest episode hinted at it a bit. There are loads of theorys flying about some are a good read and make sense.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 06 May 2015, 4:01 am

incontinentia wrote:

If you read back page ten of this thread you will see some discussion on that very matter...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 07 May 2015, 10:04 am

Finally caught up on the last 2 episodes this weeks being the better I thought, I loved the scene with Stanis and his daughter it showed a different side to the hard b@stard plus it gives you the feeling that something will happen to her (well it is GoT) the ending was great as well with the Sons of the Harpy

I never read the books so im excited to see where this season goes plus they did the same thing with The Walking Dead and its comics so it shouldn't reall be a surprise

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 12 May 2015, 2:06 pm

Episode five is terrific ! No spoilers as I'm not sure when all you lot watch it , but enjoy...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 12 May 2015, 2:08 pm

alfie wrote:Episode five is terrific !  No spoilers as I'm not sure when all you lot watch it , but enjoy...

Yep. What a bloody brilliant episode.

From start to finish. Quality stuff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Tue 12 May 2015, 2:45 pm

Great episode but we are now veering away from the books in some very key areas and in others the story is now ahead of where the books have reached

I understand the latter as the books are taking a long time to complete and the appetite for the shows is huge but in terms of reaching a conclusion I am surprised by some of the twists and turns we have seen to date

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 13 May 2015, 10:57 am

Great episode this week some stories starting to gather speed with is good to see as this season has been slow so far

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 13 May 2015, 11:16 am

Paul Mac 6CW wrote:Great episode but we are now veering away from the books in some very key areas and in others the story is now ahead of where the books have reached

I understand the latter as the books are taking a long time to complete and the appetite for the shows is huge but in terms of reaching a conclusion I am surprised by some of the twists and turns we have seen to date

Veering away - indeed ! Must say I quite like the way some of the sub plots have been ...re-engineered. Sansa at Winterfell - she wasn't doing much in The Eyrie it's true... And I think both Jamie and Brienne will have more fun on the TV in the near future . Also liked that they managed to bring Tyrion up against the Stone Men despite apparently deleting his entire journey on the Rhoyne and a number of associated characters from the story ; that scene was very well done .
But the speed with which they are going ! I had assumed that books four and five would yield at leasttwo seasons on TV ...but if the whole Iron Islands story is a casualty , and a lot of the Dornish stuff isn't happening ; what are they going to be doing next year ?
Perhaps (hopefully) a whole lot of different and interesting things ; at least it will keep us all guessing ...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 13 May 2015, 12:03 pm

I haven't read any of the books and judging by comments on here and from friends, that is probably a good thing now.

I haven't got any expectations of who goes where and who gets killed etc etc.

I can just watch it with a bit of freedom!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 13 May 2015, 1:28 pm

As a staunch book reader, I've already come down from 'love the show' to 'it's okay'. Until this season I had few issues with book cuts - Lady Stoneheart, yawn - but:

Spoiler:

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 14 May 2015, 1:32 pm

Have now got round to watching Monday's episode. Defintely some good moments and moving towards what I assume will be a major battle at Winterfell, which should hopefully see some rather creative ending for Ramsey and / or Roose.

As someone who hasn't read the books, it is still a fantastic show, but I get the impression they are hurrying the overall narrative along a bit more than in past series (of course aided by the absence of the Bran storyline). Maybe there is a slight worry that the viewing figures will drop if the story is spun out too far, but one of the underlying appeals of the programme is the complexity of the interweaving storylines and the vast array of characters, so speeding things along too much could be counter-productive.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 14 May 2015, 2:10 pm

This show would probably do better with 20 episodes per series, flesh out the story a bit more.

Also, Marjory Tyrell needs to get her kit off A LOT more! chin
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 14 May 2015, 2:32 pm

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 19 May 2015, 3:00 pm

Poor Sansa, that must be the worst thing that has happened on the show so far. Sad
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 19 May 2015, 3:56 pm

I haven't watched the episode yet but fecking hell is it getting some stick on the net

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 20 May 2015, 12:37 pm

incontinentia wrote:Poor Sansa, that must be the worst thing that has happened on the show so far. Sad

Really? After what you saw Theon go through in season 3? Now all of a sudden what happened to Sansa last night is now a step too far for some people?

I really don't understand some of the comments kicking around.

It's game of thrones. You want cute cuddly and Princes to be honorable go watch Frozen or the Little Mermaid.

Ramsay Bolton said it best before chopping off Theon's bits and sending them via courier to his father and sister in Season 3 :

"If you think this if going to end well, you haven't been paying attention."
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 20 May 2015, 1:50 pm

The issue I have is that Sophie Turner was 12 when she signed on, we've watched her grow from being a young girl to a girl of legal age, now the first thing they do is put her in that scene? It's the absolute worst decision D&D have made, more than losing Arianne Martell or Victarion Greyjoy. It's a pretty despicable piece of writing and if the rest of the series carries on in the same vein, I will not be able to bring myself to watch series 6 and beyond.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 20 May 2015, 2:00 pm

At least they didn't show any nudity in that scene. We had to see Reek's disgusted expression.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 20 May 2015, 2:20 pm

Rugger- yes, in my opinion it's even worse than what happened to Theon (which he kind of deserved). The show has always been masochistic, but this is pushing things a bit too far. The humiliation of Sansa in particular has been sustained ever since season 2 and the bar has been raised again with that disgusting act in the last episode. If I'm not mistaken, the bed on which she was raped was even decorated with the skin of the Dyrewolf they had killed!

I'm with Azzy in that if the show continues like this I won't waste my time watching it.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 20 May 2015, 4:29 pm

Apparently episode 10 kills even this one. I don't know how. Maybe:

"Sansa is gang raped by 10,000 Bolton soldiers while the charred corpses of her two brothers are dangling in front of her, her mother's bloated corpse lays beneath her and her older brother's withered cork is stuffed up her jacksy."

It literally is the only thing I can think of, other than killing her off.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 20 May 2015, 7:07 pm

Whilst the content is obviously not pleasant the reaction to it does seem a bit OTT in 2015, this is a show about a medieval world, r*** happened... a lot, it kind of came hand in hand with the pillaging bit. The fact it's not been shown or even mentioned in 5 seasons is more surprising. Jeez Eastenders were having a r*** storyline in the 80s it's hardly breaking new ground.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 21 May 2015, 12:33 pm

The content isn't pleasent. However people seem to be comfortable with these things happening to the baddies. Theon is a great example. However it's a huge credit to Alfie Allen who's character has gone through the most extreme journey in terms of fan hate and respect.

1. Saving Bran Stark and supporting Rob
2. to betraying the Starks and Killing Ser Roderick
3. murdering 2 boys from a farm and claiming it was Bran and Rickon
4. Captured and Tortured by Ramsay Bolton
5. Broken beyond repair when Asha/Yara tries to save him from the dreadfort.
6. Capturing Moat Cailin for the Boltons
7. Paraded around in front of Sansa who now despises him.
8. Along with Brienne Theon is now Sansa's only hope of rescue.

It is quite a turn around.

Whilst Sansa did not deserve what has happened to her, I and a lot of other readers of the books and watchers of the TV show aren't exactly exploding with unrestrained sympathy for her.

Every decision she has made has brought her family to ruin. It was her who piled on the pressure onto her parents to be wed to Joffrey in the first place. She then lied about what happened between Myca (Arya's friend AKA the Butchers boy) and Joffrey and got her direwolf and Myca killed. Despite seeing how horrible Joffrey was she was still desperate to be his queen.

Her naivety makes her one of the most irritating characters in the whole series. Especially when comparing her to Arya.

RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 23 May 2015, 2:04 pm

r*** scenes are always contentious. But you can't really blame the TV series for adding it in : George pretty much wrote it , even if it happened to Jeyne Poole rather than Sansa.
I suspect part of the problem is that we have seen Sophie Turner growing up with Sansa ...and in a way still see her as a thirteen year old ( not that being 19 makes it all right !) But this is , as Rugger and Hero point out , a pretty brutal , medieval type world. Ramsay acts in character ...with an effect on Theon which will be important I think. And at least the r*** happened essentially "off camera" , with Theon's face the featured view.
It was shocking. But not gratuitous , I feel.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 26 May 2015, 2:10 pm

Hope Cersei likes prison food! Very Happy
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 26 May 2015, 2:23 pm

I was so happy at that bit! 

If I was Bronn, i'd be praying to stay in prison for as long as my cell was across from those 3 lovelies.  thumbsup

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next