The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Traditional Survivor Series Elmination Match

4 posters

Go down

Traditional Survivor Series Elmination Match Empty Traditional Survivor Series Elmination Match

Post by BD21 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 2:39 pm

Going back to the very first Survivor Series on Thanksgiving Day 1987 when the PPV was comprised of nothing but tag team elimination matches it has been a staple of this PPV event. Sure we all remember those few years where they didn’t have any elimination matches on the annual November PPV, but more often than not you can point to at least one elimination match being somewhere on the card.

We’ve seen teams with 4 wrestlers each for an 8 man tag or the more traditional 5 on 5 match. We’ve seen Survivor Series matches made up exclusively of tag team competitors and women’s wrestlers. The Undertaker made his WWE debut as part of a traditional Survivor Series elimination match and everything from simple bragging rights to battles for brand supremacy and the very existence of rival wrestling promotions fought over in these matches. There have been some great matches and memorable moments that we won’t forget and some others that were terrible and we try hard to wipe away from our memories but we all have at least one favorite over the 25 year history of the PPV that stands out to us. What is yours?

Mine would have to be Team Austin vs Team Bischoff from 2003. There were great implications, with Austin being fired as Raw GM if his team lost and Austin being able to fight who he wanted if his team won.

Shawn Michaels put on a great show as always and nearly made an epic comeback after being left on his own against Christian, Jericho and Orton. He eliminated Christian and Jericho with blood pouring down his face. Then Bischoff entered the ring to halt HBK's momentum and Austin went crazy!!! They fought to the stage area and as they did, Batista came through the crowd to deliver one of the best powerbombs I've seen. Orton got the pin leaving Austin and crowd stunned and JR screaming on commentary as only he could.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Traditional Survivor Series Elmination Match Empty Re: Traditional Survivor Series Elmination Match

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 13 Nov 2012, 2:52 pm

Hogan and Warrior (ok, and Tito Santana) teaming up on the Winners vs Winners match from Survivor Series 90.

Closely followed by Macho Man persuading Mr Perfect to join him in the build up to the 92 Survivor Series after Warrior did his usual.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Traditional Survivor Series Elmination Match Empty Re: Traditional Survivor Series Elmination Match

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:57 pm

I really liked the one at 2003 as well. Team Austin vs Team Bishoff. Was one of the best matches off all time. HBK deserves a lot of credit. Best elimination tag match of all time.

The 2001 one deserves a mention. Team WWE vs Team Alliance. Given the long build up, all coming down to this match. Vince's speech backstage to his team was epic as well.

I also liked the 2005 one. Team Raw vs Team Smackdown. I was enjoying the build up. Then when Undertaker returned at the end of the PPV i marked out.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 13 Nov 2012, 6:10 pm

Agree with Nick about 2001.

The feud wasn't great, should have been better etc, but the final match had me hooked throughout.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down