The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

+22
Kenny
Ozzy3213
ChequeredJersey
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Thomond
Mick(TEFC)
WillyGilly
Gibson
The Boss
Biltong
Luckless Pedestrian
perthshirepuma
prop_lyd
Notch
Hound_of_Harrow
littleswannygirl
PenfroPete
Glas a du
Cari
MrsP
PJHolybloke
Pal Joey
26 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 16 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Pal Joey Thu 13 Dec 2012, 7:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Hopetoun House, Edinburgh - where the Management Team for the 2013 British & Irish Lions tour party to Australia was announced.

“This is the next chapter in the 2013 tour story," said tour manager Andy Irvine.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Warren Gatland,
Andy Farrell, Shaun Edwards, Kiwi Pete's Grandfather, Rava, Rodders, Andy Irvine, Graham Rowntree, Dr James Robson,
Paul Stridgeon, Kip Keino, Baggage Master Patrick O’Reilly and Lawyer Max Duthie above the bar.

Ale Smile coffee guinness cider Yahoo RedWine Bubbly Hug Ale cuppa guinness thumbsup

Previous Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t37870p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-dubai

Last edited by Linebreaker on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 1:11 am; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 16 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Notch Wed 26 Dec 2012, 7:35 pm

So Scarlets will take a few suspensions to Ravenhill as well- not crying any tears about that!

I guess we're going to have to be careful in that game, because they are going to be hurting in a big way. We saw what that can do when Saints got the win at our place.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 16 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Cari Wed 26 Dec 2012, 7:38 pm

Well, I don't know what the Scarlets were up to there - trying to "rest" a few players or what? Chuffed for the O's anyway. We need to win that one - always. Shame last year's wasn't as dramatic (I was there and it ended in a draw). Captain Kahn got MOTM again as well. he'll be very happy with that.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 26 Dec 2012, 7:48 pm

Bow larks, we should've got the TBP there, to get us into the Top 4 Rolling Eyes Just one TBP from 11 games is not acceptable
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Wed 26 Dec 2012, 8:10 pm

Beeb review of the sports year on a beeb button. England v Wales in the 6N now.

Dunno why I bothered telling most of yous.
Whistle

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 26 Dec 2012, 8:26 pm

Okay,

I went off to watch the Big Bang Theory and have returned to find that Nigel Owens gave out more cards tonight than some folk got at Christmas!

Poor Penfro.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 26 Dec 2012, 8:37 pm

MrsP - the atmosphere in Penfro Towers can get a bit 'feisty' ( boxing ) during the derby but it's only an hour and a half or so. We're grand now Hug
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 26 Dec 2012, 8:40 pm

Well that's good to know Penfro!

Sounds like things were a bit Feisty at the Liberty too!

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 16 3754190863

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 26 Dec 2012, 8:51 pm

A proper derby MrsP Very Happy The pitch helped, that 50/50 synthetic/natural mix is a godsend in conditions that we had today, when compared to CAP OK

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 26 Dec 2012, 8:59 pm

Possibly Penfro.

Although maybe the synthetic pitch could have been adding to the "Friction" out there!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 26 Dec 2012, 9:02 pm

Laugh very good
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 26 Dec 2012, 9:03 pm

Right, time to settle down to watch HUGO Catch you later
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 26 Dec 2012, 9:22 pm

Evening all, not in here for long, hope all had a good Christmas.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 26 Dec 2012, 9:24 pm

Fotuali'i has got to be one of the best signings in recent years! The guy has been exceptional and was also great for Samoa in the AI's. Great work there by the O's. clap

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 26 Dec 2012, 9:51 pm

Notch wrote:
Cari wrote:UP THE OSPREYS!!! The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 16 3933776953

This time, I agree. Scarlets losing is good for us! So hopefully the Os deliver Whistle

Here's my spin:

"How can you be so happy when the Ospreys can't raise themselves to play like that more than once or twice a year..."

raspberry

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 26 Dec 2012, 9:51 pm

Very Happy
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 27 Dec 2012, 12:44 am

Mangled!!

I blame the Irish contingent in the pub. Dragged me over and forced me to drink beer, so they did.

Grandcraic.com

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 27 Dec 2012, 11:14 am

Morning all, left my blydi laptop charger at Mrsprop's so this is my only venture into the pub till tomorrow.....hope all are well and had good Christmasses
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 27 Dec 2012, 11:25 am

Aye good, but am laid up now - man flu...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 27 Dec 2012, 6:17 pm

Evening Lurkers coffee

Been back in work today - and will do it all again tomorrow. Still the day whizzed by and we had Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits played over the PA.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 27 Dec 2012, 6:30 pm

There's nice. I doubt there's a more varied greatest hits album.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 27 Dec 2012, 6:54 pm

Man. Eastenders is just the best TV program ever. Ever I say.

The editing, the acting, the sheer hate, the incest, the cross-shagging, the lies, the lack of any semblance of human-warmth.

Sorted. Fresh start. My boy! Goin up West. Faaamleee! Leaaave it!

I love it. I really love it. Its Laaandaahns Jewel in The Crown. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 27 Dec 2012, 6:57 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20838729

I'm not often serious when it comes to posting in here. Mostly it's jokes or hilarious one liners. Today I am very serious however.

The above story CANNOT be allowed to happen. Contact your MP, petition Downing Street, stop American planes landing at Heathrow this must be stopped at all costs!!!
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 27 Dec 2012, 6:58 pm

Gibson wrote:Man. Eastenders is just the best TV program ever. Ever I say.

The editing, the acting, the sheer hate, the incest, the cross-shagging, the lies, the lack of any semblance of human-warmth.

SHUT IT YOU SL@G !!!
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 27 Dec 2012, 7:03 pm

I have to watch the steaming pile of poo in exchange for being allowed to watch the Rugby. Yesterday I preferred Eastenders Very Happy
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 27 Dec 2012, 7:07 pm

PenfroPete wrote:

SHUT IT YOU SL@G !!!

Laugh Laugh

I could not tell you the name of a single character in Deadenders; or any of the other soaps for that matter.

Anyway, good evening pub.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 27 Dec 2012, 7:10 pm

Dog - you are indeed a man of taste OK
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 27 Dec 2012, 7:13 pm

PenfroPete wrote:

SHUT IT YOU SL@G !!!

Laugh
Penfrorn. Man, I missed that one me darlin. Must be a few more. But not many. The whole script is based around a few words and mini-statements. Its genius.

BTW. I faawkin love you I do. Ale

Story Hound? I heard you were letting Paddies get you pished the other night? Arrow Slag! Word gets raaand in this taaaawn! kiss Ale
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 27 Dec 2012, 7:20 pm

Aye gibbo. Much drinking and tuneless sing were in evidence.

They were singing mainly 'normal' songs, but I gave them a few verses of "I used to work in Chicago".

Whistle

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 27 Dec 2012, 7:21 pm

WillyGilly wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20838729

I'm not often serious when it comes to posting in here. Mostly it's jokes or hilarious one liners. Today I am very serious however.

The above story CANNOT be allowed to happen. Contact your MP, petition Downing Street, stop American planes landing at Heathrow this must be stopped at all costs!!!

Christ Willser, I thought I read MrsP there.Jesus dont start another War man.

Happy Wotsit * all, btw.

* That bit in between Christmas and New Year.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 27 Dec 2012, 7:22 pm

Laugh that's my favourite Hound!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 27 Dec 2012, 7:48 pm

It seemed to go down well, Glas. Once they had figured out how the song worked.
Wink

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 27 Dec 2012, 7:52 pm

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:Aye gibbo. Much drinking and tuneless sing were in evidence.

They were singing mainly 'normal' songs, but I gave them a few verses of "I used to work in Chicago".

Whistle

That is poss... No, it is the naughtiest rugby song ever. Ale
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 27 Dec 2012, 7:53 pm

GIBBO -
"Get outta my pub !!"
"ello tweakle"
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 27 Dec 2012, 7:56 pm

Ok folks see you tomorrow, time to meet up with few old friends for one or 2 Very Happy
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 27 Dec 2012, 8:08 pm

Enjoy Penfro.

OK

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 28 Dec 2012, 3:56 am

Bore da pawb / good morning all. I don't want to talk much about the rugby. There were so many Dragons fans on the North Terrace and we played with so much heart, second half especially, but the bottom line is that the Blues didn't need to do any more than defend well and take their kicks to win the match. But that would have been such a sweet victory for us, especially after what Roger "only my opinion" Lewis has had to say recently.

Anyhoo, as of a few hours ago, I have a nephew. Patrick John Downes, 8lb 12oz and 10 days overdue, my youngest sister's first child. His dad's mother is Irish so I guess that would make him Irish qualified... Shocked

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 28 Dec 2012, 6:16 am

Wonderful news Lucky. Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 28 Dec 2012, 7:00 am

I have a nephew. Patrick John Downes...

His dad's mother is Irish...

Father chose the name then...

Made up for you Lucky, it's a heck of a feeling. You can arrive, wind them up like tops and leave, excellent! Very Happy

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 28 Dec 2012, 7:13 am

That's how it works with my nieces... Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 28 Dec 2012, 7:36 am

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 28 Dec 2012, 7:50 am

I had a read of it half an hour or so ago.... fresh off the press. Very Happy
It was a good read following up on the themes of your previous articles like the "Law of the Jungle" one.

Surely they wouldn't go down that road? It would be the worst thing for Welsh rugby, no?

Please excuse my antipodean ignorance on the finer details... but it's like witnessing a slow implosion of the bastion of Welsh rugby if that (Scarlets to go by the wayside) were to happen. That can't happen, can it?

I think I'd rather see 5 or 6 teams competing - although I realise that might not be feasible and there may not be enough support across Wales. Why not a separate 'Valleys' team/franchise? (I hate that last word!!!)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Dec 2012, 9:33 am

Morning all,

Hope everyone has had a fine time over the festive season.

Lucky, that's great news on the new nephew.

8lb 12oz is a fair size for a first weeun. Half reared already that lad.

Bubbly

Busy day today packing.

Run

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 28 Dec 2012, 9:37 am

https://www.606v2.com/t38853-mr-stink-ain-t-no-stinker

And now for something completely different...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 28 Dec 2012, 10:28 am

Congrats to your sis, uncle lucky.

OK

Morning all.

Another wet, dismal day beckons here by the looks of it. I'm off out to the shops in it shortly - now where did I put my waders?

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 28 Dec 2012, 10:44 am

What a twonk...

here

And the authorities are sending him on a 'thinking skills' course!!

Why? To help him become a better burglar?

picard

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Dec 2012, 10:55 am

Surely the sharp intake of breath described here was that a parent placed their business ahead of their child in importance rather than that the mother did?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-20852274

I would hope that any parent would prioritise their child.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 28 Dec 2012, 11:37 am

Mrs P I see Ulster think they can beat Munster with their second team. Very Happy
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Dec 2012, 12:17 pm

chin

When you say "Ulster" do you mean a couple of....supporters on here or the Team?

I hope they think they can beat Munster but that isn't the same as thinking they will manage it at a canter if at all.

Fingers Crossed

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 28 Dec 2012, 12:28 pm

I'm talking about the coach. 11 changes? Are you disrespecting Munster or running scared of the Scarlets? Very Happy
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 28 Dec 2012, 1:21 pm

Glas a du wrote:I'm talking about the coach. 11 changes? Are you disrespecting Munster or running scared of the Scarlets? Very Happy

We have to rest some Ireland players anyway of course but the way I see it the selection has absolutely nothing to do with the Pro12. We have two season defining games coming up in the Heineken Cup.

-Rest and rotate players this weekend so we can assess the widest number of potential starters for the Glasgow game and give key men for that tie a breather.
-Based on form across the two interprovincial fixtures, pick the team for Glasgow and put your strongest team out against the Scarlets to gel together.
-Beat Glasgow with a try BP and put one foot in the quarter-finals.

I'm not saying the Pro12 isn't important but even in the absolute worst case scenario we are still top of the league after the next two games. Compare that to the consequences of losing to Glasgow.

I'm not saying its right to neglect a big league game like this or that I like the idea. But I have to deal with the reality; it's the Heineken Cup games that get you the TV money, the casual fans interested, the merchandise sales, the sponsorship money. You need to prioritise that if you want to thrive because the boardroom stuff in European Rugby is much more cut throat than the game itself. They're talking about going down to 2/3 Welsh regions. If the IRFU were to be forced into a similar dilemma to their Welsh counterparts (and it looks like we aren't right now) Ulster need to be in the black or as close as possible. Thats how we'll have a team to support in 10 years.

I desperately want to win the Pro12 this season, but we just need a Top Two finish for a home draw. I'd love to finish first but there's no trophy handed out for that. And we need our best players fresh when/if we get there.

Last edited by Notch on Fri 28 Dec 2012, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next