The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

+22
Kenny
Ozzy3213
ChequeredJersey
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Thomond
Mick(TEFC)
WillyGilly
Gibson
The Boss
Biltong
Luckless Pedestrian
perthshirepuma
prop_lyd
Notch
Hound_of_Harrow
littleswannygirl
PenfroPete
Glas a du
Cari
MrsP
PJHolybloke
Pal Joey
26 posters

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 9 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Pal Joey Thu 13 Dec 2012, 7:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Hopetoun House, Edinburgh - where the Management Team for the 2013 British & Irish Lions tour party to Australia was announced.

“This is the next chapter in the 2013 tour story," said tour manager Andy Irvine.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Warren Gatland,
Andy Farrell, Shaun Edwards, Kiwi Pete's Grandfather, Rava, Rodders, Andy Irvine, Graham Rowntree, Dr James Robson,
Paul Stridgeon, Kip Keino, Baggage Master Patrick O’Reilly and Lawyer Max Duthie above the bar.

Ale Smile coffee guinness cider Yahoo RedWine Bubbly Hug Ale cuppa guinness thumbsup

Previous Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t37870p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-dubai

Last edited by Linebreaker on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 1:11 am; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:41 pm

Aw Rev, that's lovely. God bless Tina.
Hug

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:47 pm

Oh, and I've worked mt last day (for my company anyway). The Director announced that those of us who were going did not have to come back after Christmas. They found someone to cover the fire marshal duties.

As I'm on leave tomorrow and Monday, that's it.

What a surreal afternoon!

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:52 pm

After how many years Hound?

When was the last time you had no job to go to?

Enjoy your freedom buddy!

Ale

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:53 pm

Hound! OK guinness

You must be made up man. Whats next? Plenty of rugby trips I'd imagine...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:56 pm

I think we should have some sort of ceremonial passing of the "work" mantle from Hound to Notch!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:09 pm

Brilliant news Hound! Bubbly

One more early morning for me then off till 2nd January, that'll do me Very Happy

Hope everyone is ok, I'm off to ice some more Christmas cakes! Run
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:16 pm

Cari wrote:Tommy out for four months Cry

As strange as it may sound, I'm kind of excited that we get the chance to give Zebo and Gilroy more gametime out of this.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:16 pm

MrsP wrote:I think we should have some sort of ceremonial passing of the "work" mantle from Hound to Notch!

raspberry
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:17 pm

Thomond wrote:
Cari wrote:Tommy out for four months Cry

As strange as it may sound, I'm kind of excited that we get the chance to give Zebo and Gilroy more gametime out of this.

Gilroy has gone to being an automatic first choice for Ulster- as gutted as I am for Tommy, we really do have depth there with Trimble, Zebo and Gilroy. Just hope those three stay fit.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:25 pm

There's also the likes of Fitzy and O'Halloran to consider. If we were really bollixed you would have O'Dea and while I rate the kid highly he is too green.

As I referenced Munster, I am going to continue my anti-ROG crusade. We haven't scored an offensive try with him here this year.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:26 pm

MrsP wrote:I think we should have some sort of ceremonial passing of the "work" mantle from Hound to Notch!

I quite agree Wink

Worked for the same mob for 38+ years, MrsP. Ever since my family needed another wage packet when I was 16.

None of the Great Train Robbers got that kind of sentence!

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:28 pm

I lost my wifi connection for a bit there. I hope Bowe makes a full recovery, and makes the Lions tour.

thumbsup

Last edited by Hound_of_Harrow on Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:29 pm

Does that coincide with the Lions tour Hound, I think I would prefer him to go on that Whistle

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:34 pm

Wow!

I think they would need to give you a watch made of space dust or something after that length of service.

I had thought you had spent a while with the same employer as Rev.

Headscratch

Not sure why I thought that now.

When my Dad retired it took quite a while for him to get used to it. He would still get up early and put on a shirt and tie. I get the feeling you will continue to be a busy man Hound, just that you will get a bit more choice about how you spend your time.

I am beyond chuffed for you!

Hug

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:02 pm

My mom will be retiring after Christmas, delighted for her, she might finally get some time to herself.

How's everything with you and yours MrsP? Done all the shopping?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:03 pm

I've been in work since 10am. M&S Sprucefield was a complete and utter bombsite today. I'm not one to blow my own trumpet but without me that place would have completely fallen apart today instead of only partially fall apart. Complete lack of staff. We may as well have invited everyone backstage to pick their shopping out themselves. I've sunk 4 solid days into the place so far this week. Is it worthwhile? Very much doubtso. Off tomorrow. I'd love for them to call me up tomorrow and ask me to come in so I could tell them where to go.

Consequently I've concluded that if the world where to end tomorrow. 90% of the people in work today would not be missed. 90% is generous actually.

One glass of Erdinger down already. Another on the way.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:05 pm

All the pressies bought and half of them wrapped T.

Just the food to sort now.

And the Birthday party for P3. I even think we had the final Christmas show today.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 9 3845856932

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:05 pm

Duly edited Thom. I have a few (non work) pals about and wasn't paying due attention to my typing.

MrsP - I'm lookung forward to a few days of leisure. I'll be looking at some voluntary work maybe.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:08 pm

Oh one of your kids was born on Christmas day were they? I know a lad who was born on that day, claims he was always gypped (I may have made up a word) out of more presents!

Sorting out a spa day for my mom and aunt who is home from New Zealand tomorrow, a tough time in the family recently.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:10 pm

Excellent idea Hound. I could see you having a hand in mentoring some younguns.

Hark at me who's never even met you but I reckon we have all got to know each other fairly well on here, no?

WillyG.

I made a fundimental error and got the date for last orders for Christmas wrong. You couldn't sort us out a wee turkey, could you?

See you on the 24th!

thumbsup

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:15 pm

Not Christmas Day T.

She was actually due on Jan 1st but that was 13 years ago and there was a whole wooha about folk wanting Millenium babies so I... Whistle ... Headscratch .... chin ...slightly misrepresented.... Whistle ... my due date so I didn't have to "compete" in that particular farce!

Sorry things have been tough for you. Hope next year will be better.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:16 pm

Ach Mrs P you should have said! I was doing the turkey orders on Saturday which was the last day. What sort of a bird are you after? Crown or full bird with giblets?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:17 pm

It's not too tough on me it's more my parents, my grandfather died a few days ago, it had been coming for a while but we are all quite sad about it.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:19 pm

Small Bronze WillyG!

About 10lbs.

Sure, could you drop it round our place about 6pm! And the veg too.

Thanks!

Great service that shop!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:25 pm

Sorry to hear about your grandfather T. Even if they had a good innings those left still miss them.

Hug

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:26 pm

MrsP - what prop does is incredible. I had a 'difficult' upbringing but me da taught me the difference between doing wrong and doing right. "If you know it's wrong don't do it."

Pretty simple.

The only problem with being a kind of positive influence where I am is colour. Sorry, but that's a reality.

"Yeah, sure, you did good in adversity, but you're a white guy."

Gimme time, I might get into that stuff.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:28 pm

MrsP wrote:Sorry to hear about your grandfather T. Even if they had a good innings those left still miss them.

Hug

Oh of course, he was very involved in the GAA and it's great to see his old club take such an involvement in the services (offering to hold refreshments after the removal free of charge etc). A great man for all sports though, unlike some of the older generation I suppose.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:32 pm

MrsP wrote:Small Bronze WillyG!

About 10lbs.

Sure, could you drop it round our place about 6pm! And the veg too.

Thanks!

Great service that shop!

What does this mean. It's 2012 honey, get with the kids.

Chin up T. Must be horrible to lose family so close to Christmas.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:33 pm

I don't think you should apologise for saying that Hound.

There is a huge difference between talking about Race and being Racist!

Good influences are good influences no matter the colour/race/religion of either the person doing the influencing or the influenced! I hope you find someone who recognises how much you have to give in that situation.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:40 pm

Shocked

Who orders a turkey in Kilo?

Last Christmas my folks insisted on buying the turkey. They asked what weight they should get and my Dad collected it and left it in the fridge we have in the barn. On the Day I was cooking it MrP took all the weeuns out and my decided it would be fun to teach my eldest how to prepare, stuff and cook the turkey. We made a pile of stuffing and got all the bacon, butter and Tin Foil ready. Then we brought in the Turkey and took it out of the packaging.

That was when I discovered that they had bought a fully stuffed turkey. We were left with loads of stuffing and nothing to stuff. To say nothing of th fact that the turkey was much smaller than i had expected as the weight included the stuffing!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:47 pm

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 9 3754190863

Did WillyG just call me "honey"?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:50 pm

I'm a sexist, patronising Bar Steward. But I've had a horrible day at work okay.

P.s it was either honey or mum which do you prefer for future reference.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:00 pm

That depends on whether you can get me a Small Bronze by Christmas Eve!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:11 pm

Well, Willser it was nice while it lasted.

Every best wish, but she will hunt you down...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:13 pm

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:MrsP - what prop does is incredible. I had a 'difficult' upbringing but me da taught me the difference between doing wrong and doing right. "If you know it's wrong don't do it."

Pretty simple.

The only problem with being a kind of positive influence where I am is colour. Sorry, but that's a reality.

"Yeah, sure, you did good in adversity, but you're a white guy."

Gimme time, I might get into that stuff.

Cheers Hound, just back from pub. Not sure where the part of the convo is where I come into it but much appreciated cider
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:14 pm

Free range bronze 10-14 or 6-10?

P.s good news on the lady front. Was at a social event with her mother last night who I did an outrageous amount of flirting with. Various texts today have revealed the mother wants us to get married as I am top son in law material.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:19 pm

Is this the woman you were going to propose to the other week?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:21 pm

Hush no. That was drunken nonsense. I'm far to young and sensible to be thinking about marriage.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:23 pm

Funnily enough Willser that sort of parental guidance is rarely heeded, in fact more often than not has the opposite effect. Play it cool son, play it cool.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:30 pm

Virtual guinness for Willser.... The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 9 3845856932

Sorry to hear about your Grandad Thom.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:36 pm

Rodders you're back!!!! Our unbeaten league record will be safe once news of your return filters through to the Ulster camp.

Glas why you got to break a brother like that?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:38 pm

Wilser..I got the same reaction from MrsProp's mother! Somehow did something right....probably drinking cider helped.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:39 pm

Confidence Willser, confidence.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:41 pm

Only back part time willser, to buy the odd virtual round and so forth...from here on in I solemnly swear not to discuss anything rugby related.... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:43 pm

You can't keep away man Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:45 pm

censored The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 9 3513163098
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:49 pm

rodders wrote:Only back part time willser, to buy the odd virtual round and so forth...from here on in I solemnly swear not to discuss anything rugby related.... Whistle

Surely that quote is rugby related? Whistle justsayin
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:14 pm

Glas a du wrote:
@theJeremyVine: RT: Only in Bath...in a cafe today overheard someone ask for vinegar for their chips. The waitress asked malt or balsamic... @WeLoveBath

PJ fits right in...

Yeah, posh tw@ts.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:19 pm

PJO'Holybloke!

How are you?

I was beginning to think you'd abandoned your bandwagon since we lost last weekend.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:24 pm

Very Happy Never MrsP! Never. Never. Never!

I'm a husk of a man at the moment, working like a dog, it's got so bad I have to turn round three times before I lie down.

Still only three more days to go before I hang up my tools for the two week Christmas break. Yahoo

I've been lurking from time to time, but just too tired to type, I can't lie, I've been a bit of a wetter. Laugh

How's your fine self and the rest of the P's? Hug
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next