The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

+22
Kenny
Ozzy3213
ChequeredJersey
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Thomond
Mick(TEFC)
WillyGilly
Gibson
The Boss
Biltong
Luckless Pedestrian
perthshirepuma
prop_lyd
Notch
Hound_of_Harrow
littleswannygirl
PenfroPete
Glas a du
Cari
MrsP
PJHolybloke
Pal Joey
26 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 8 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Pal Joey Thu 13 Dec 2012, 7:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Hopetoun House, Edinburgh - where the Management Team for the 2013 British & Irish Lions tour party to Australia was announced.

“This is the next chapter in the 2013 tour story," said tour manager Andy Irvine.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Warren Gatland,
Andy Farrell, Shaun Edwards, Kiwi Pete's Grandfather, Rava, Rodders, Andy Irvine, Graham Rowntree, Dr James Robson,
Paul Stridgeon, Kip Keino, Baggage Master Patrick O’Reilly and Lawyer Max Duthie above the bar.

Ale Smile coffee guinness cider Yahoo RedWine Bubbly Hug Ale cuppa guinness thumbsup

Previous Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t37870p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-dubai

Last edited by Linebreaker on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 1:11 am; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 8 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Cari Wed 19 Dec 2012, 5:39 pm

Evening All coffee

I'm really hoping this cold subsides by Friday or I won't be in a fit state to stand on a terrace in the cold and watch rugby Crying or Very sad It's got to the eye-watering, permanently running nose stage. Ych!

On the upside, Tommy has posted a picture of his knee in hospital (note: would've preferred something a little more revealing censored ). He seems quite positive considering, although he didn't say anything about what's going on just that his op went well.

Also, I'm uber chuffed that the Ulcer/Glasgae match I'm going to in January is on the Friday. This means I have all Saturday to head to Dublin on the train and visit Mickado et al. Bonza! The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 8 3602195817

Cari

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 8 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 6:20 pm

Back at home now.

Don't think that Dragons Hug v Wasps boxing Thursday game is any good for me either. Flecking pile of poo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Wed 19 Dec 2012, 6:29 pm

Glad to hear you got back ok Rev.

Sooo...I'm off on Friday. There's a meet up in The Westgate and a game of rugby afterwards on Friday.
Whistle

Nah; it would be nice, but I have to be back in London for Rosslyn Park v Ealing on Saturday. A 'green invasion' of The Rock.

Plus I'm supposed to be buying a few things on Friday.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 6:32 pm

evening guys Smile

been quite some time, since i posted in this thread...

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Wed 19 Dec 2012, 6:58 pm

Evening CF. How goes it in eastern Anglia?

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 7:00 pm

chilly pal, lol....how's it going in your neck of the woods?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Wed 19 Dec 2012, 7:12 pm

Ditto + wet.

Ale

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 7:27 pm

yup tis raining here as well Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Wed 19 Dec 2012, 8:03 pm

Sorry CF, I had to charge the phone up.

We're in for a miserable few days by the look of it. Just gotta crack on I guess.
thumbsup

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 19 Dec 2012, 9:51 pm

Evening all, Lucky I'll try my best to get there....if MrsProp catches the bug she can come too!!

Just in from rugby training, blydi banging headache now!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 20 Dec 2012, 1:16 am

Just decided to drive to Amsterdam in Austin Maestros for charity next year.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:27 am

4!
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:28 am

You playing golf PJ?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:05 am

Counting down Glas OK

Days of work left till I can lock and bolt the doors and legitimately tell everyone to feck right off. Sooty is looking forward to it. Very Happy
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:07 am

Glas a du wrote:Just decided to drive to Amsterdam in Austin Maestros for charity next year.

My dad took me to a car show (in a field) when I was little. They had people driving the Maestro on two wheels, and then there was a grand unveiling: 'let's hear it for the new Montego!'

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:18 am

Our charity account won't stretch to Montegos The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 8 1054138444
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:27 am

Morning all. My head hurts vomit

And I have a couple of nice big bruises from the dodgems at the work Xmas party.

But no work for me today Smile

1 more day tomorrow and done for the year Very Happy
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:36 am

Pete,

Did no-one tell you to stay in the wee car thing?

You aren't expected to bash into the other wee cars yourself!

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 8 3602195817

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:49 am

Sound like a hoot, Glas. A bit of advice for you, though: they drive on the right on the continent.

You're welcome. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:02 am

MrsP wrote:Pete,

Did no-one tell you to stay in the wee car thing?

You aren't expected to bash into the other wee cars yourself!

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 8 3602195817

Laugh

It was leg-on-steering wheel and leg-on-dashboard contact MrsP. Not much leg room in a dodgem car ...
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:09 am

Will you get an early finish tomorrow, Pete?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:09 am

Not a problem for some of us Pete!

Whistle

Does your new citizenship allow you to drive on our roads? Do you have a wee man walking in front of you with a red flag?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:12 am

Poor Eddie O'Sullivan. At one point, he was being talked of as a potential Lions coach. Now?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/1220/1224328042769.html

Alex King would be a great appointment for Connacht. But the Eddie O'Sullivan business sounds like something of a political vendetta... no doubt EOS is qualified and would probably do well in that post. It just seems he's seen as being toxic. It's not his coaching ability thats ruling him out of jobs. IRFU seems like a bit of a viper's nest and I guess Eddie was one of the bigger vipers himself in his day...

Last edited by Notch on Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:17 am

That's a bit awkward, isn't it? Quite "pointed" to not even interview him.

I'm sure TJ Anderson and Willie Faloon have breathed a sigh of relief though.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:18 am

Good morning from very wet Perthshire, amigos. So, the week away in Clermont and Switzerland was great, but I am now so far behind with festive preparations that my brain stalls when I try to think of what is still to do and how to get it done. I have decided that a state of zenlike calm and complete inertia is the best way to tackle this - it will all happen without any input from me. Que sera, sera. zen

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:20 am

Have you bought presents yet, Puma?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:24 am

Morning all from a soggy Cardiff....only 3 more working days to go...roll on lunchtime on Christmas eve!

Got asked to go on ITV Wales tonight to talk about unemployment again but unfortunately I'm supporting young people all day so they can't accomodate me!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:25 am

Not a single one, Lucky. zen zen zen

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:26 am

MrsP wrote:Not a problem for some of us Pete!

Whistle

Does your new citizenship allow you to drive on our roads? Do you have a wee man walking in front of you with a red flag?

laughing

I didn't get around to swapping my NZ licence for a uk one 5 years ago, so would need to pass a test to even get a red flag. I'm waiting for the courier to (finally) deliver my actual UK id card this morning before I duck out Xmas shopping

Full day tomorrow* Lucky, the office is open Monday for a half day, but I've booked the morning off. We're only allowed to carry 5 leave days over to next year

* odds are I'll be spending a lot of it sorting out performance review guff and choosing benefits for next year, think I'll opt in for the buy a bicycle subsidy.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:27 am

That buy a bike thing isn't a bad scheme initially kiwi until you get to the end and have to decide whether to buy the bike! Me and my manager looked into it before....
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:29 am

Will the Bicycle have a light, horn and red flag too Pete?

And, I know you live in London so this may come as a surprise, but we don't drive on the roads the way your work colleagues were driving last night!

At least, some of us don't!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:34 am

I have one word for you, Puma: vouchers. Boring as hell, but if you give someone a voucher they're guaranteed to end up with something they actually want, and you don't have to worry about going to the shop and finding they've sold out.

Then all that's left is Christmas dinner. I'm sure that's a doddle. Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:42 am

MrsP wrote:Will the Bicycle have a light, horn and red flag too Pete?

And, I know you live in London so this may come as a surprise, but we don't drive on the roads the way your work colleagues were driving last night!

At least, some of us don't!

censored Wink Run

Ps, couldn't find a pic of one with a flag but
Spoiler:
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:45 am

Cool.

Not too safe like, but Cool nonetheless!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:51 am

Sometimes I miss cycling to work. Most of the time I don't.

On a nice summer's day, it would be nice if I could cycle in in the morning and somehow have the car there so I could drive home.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:54 am

Notch wrote:Poor Eddie O'Sullivan. At one point, he was being talked of as a potential Lions coach. Now?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/1220/1224328042769.html

Alex King would be a great appointment for Connacht. But the Eddie O'Sullivan business sounds like something of a political vendetta... no doubt EOS is qualified and would probably do well in that post. It just seems he's seen as being toxic. It's not his coaching ability thats ruling him out of jobs. IRFU seems like a bit of a viper's nest and I guess Eddie was one of the bigger vipers himself in his day...

There's certain parties who run the IRFU, you have the same problem in the FAI, certain people have way too much sway the guys who actually know something don't have enough. ROG must have a huge sway in there I imagine.......

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:10 am

Just going to add that I may have foudn the best T-shirt ever yesterday, I'm goign to say I learned my apprenticeship in this fine art from Mickado. The student becomes the master......

Spoiler:

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:44 am

Good Morning Pub

I just wanted to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas

I may not get chance to pop back in before the big day as we are now having the in-laws coming to stay from tomorrow The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 8 767733566 , all the best everyone Hug

cheers guinness RedWine cider Ale and for anyone who thinks it's a tad early coffee cuppa
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:46 am

Cheers Kenny wishing the best to you and yours,.Are the outlaws from Liverpool as well? Thought you might catch a break......

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:48 am

Nadolig Llawen to you too, Kenny! OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:00 am

Thomond wrote:Cheers Kenny wishing the best to you and yours,.Are the outlaws from Liverpool as well? Thought you might catch a break......

No not Scousers , we always go to either my Mums or the Wifes Mums for Christmas lunch but this year we wanted to stay at home and have lunch here , but my missus has cracked and invited her parents after they moaned about not seeing the kids so now i'm cooking for 8 on christmas day !
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:13 am

Ouch. Shame they aren't Scousers, a grand group of lads. I was minded by a souse lady as a kid. I think it's partially the reason why I am crazy, I don't tihnk many five year olds rock out to Jimi Hendrix and Rory Gallagher like.....

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:20 am

Dont get me wrong i love them to bits and they do loads for us , but i dont get why they are coming tomorrow .. we would of only been going to theirs on christmas day .

The father in law is ex merchant navy and knows everything about everything , he will get here tomorrow park himself in MY armchair ... he will then take control of the tv remote and have my laptop top on the chair arm checking his bets .... while telling me all the jobs i've missed around the house The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 8 1054138444

roll on boxing day
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 20 Dec 2012, 1:23 pm

@theJeremyVine: RT: Only in Bath...in a cafe today overheard someone ask for vinegar for their chips. The waitress asked malt or balsamic... @WeLoveBath

PJ fits right in...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 20 Dec 2012, 1:34 pm

That reminds me of the story of Peter Mandelson out on the campaign trail with a few journalists - they went to a chip shop, he pointed to the mushy peas and asked to have some of that guacamole. laughing

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 20 Dec 2012, 3:52 pm

Tommy out for four months Cry

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 20 Dec 2012, 4:38 pm

Merry Xmas and a happy new year to the pub! The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 8 3602195817 .... guinness

SUFTUM!....

.... Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2012, 4:54 pm

Welcome back Rodders. Merry Christmas to you too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2012, 5:43 pm

Nice little letter. I thought it was going to be a moan at first, so it ends well.

Here

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 20 Dec 2012, 6:24 pm

Heyhey rodders...i'm off out for a few in a bit cider
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next