The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

+22
Kenny
Ozzy3213
ChequeredJersey
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Thomond
Mick(TEFC)
WillyGilly
Gibson
The Boss
Biltong
Luckless Pedestrian
perthshirepuma
prop_lyd
Notch
Hound_of_Harrow
littleswannygirl
PenfroPete
Glas a du
Cari
MrsP
PJHolybloke
Pal Joey
26 posters

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 14 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Pal Joey Thu 13 Dec 2012, 7:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Hopetoun House, Edinburgh - where the Management Team for the 2013 British & Irish Lions tour party to Australia was announced.

“This is the next chapter in the 2013 tour story," said tour manager Andy Irvine.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Warren Gatland,
Andy Farrell, Shaun Edwards, Kiwi Pete's Grandfather, Rava, Rodders, Andy Irvine, Graham Rowntree, Dr James Robson,
Paul Stridgeon, Kip Keino, Baggage Master Patrick O’Reilly and Lawyer Max Duthie above the bar.

Ale Smile coffee guinness cider Yahoo RedWine Bubbly Hug Ale cuppa guinness thumbsup

Previous Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t37870p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-dubai

Last edited by Linebreaker on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 1:11 am; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 14 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by PenfroPete Mon 24 Dec 2012, 6:50 pm

Off around to the neighbour's for our traditional Christmas Eve drinks and nibbles. So before we do -

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i bawb The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 14 3602195817

from myself and herself
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 14 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 24 Dec 2012, 6:54 pm

Hiya Rors - sorry, I didn't see your post.
OK

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 24 Dec 2012, 7:05 pm

Ho! Ho! Ho! Regs!

I've had a top day. I was in work at seven and we were sent home at lunchtime. I'm in Pontypridd at my big sister's gaff now. Hope everyone has a lovely evening and fab day tomorrow!

It's chriiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssmuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 24 Dec 2012, 7:08 pm

Have a lovely time Cari!

We are just about to sit down to watch Arthur Christmas!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 24 Dec 2012, 7:15 pm

You too MrsP. Smile

I've just watched AP rugby highlights and we've got Carols from Kings on in the background until One Snowman and His Dog...the cartoon on Channel 4 at 8pm Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 24 Dec 2012, 7:22 pm

Got the Carols on as well. Lucky's point about descant was well made on FB I think.

In other news, I seemed to have completely blanked a neighbour's wife on Friday night in my paralytic state picard

There are worse things I could have done to her I suppose, but that's not the point warning
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Mon 24 Dec 2012, 11:23 pm

I hear jingle bells...
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 24 Dec 2012, 11:24 pm

Ahh Vicar of Dibley Christmas Special!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 25 Dec 2012, 12:03 am

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 14 3602195817

Last edited by Hound_of_Harrow on Tue 25 Dec 2012, 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 25 Dec 2012, 12:05 am

WillyGilly wrote:I hear jingle bells...

And I've just had a sesh on a beer called Shingle Shells (Adnams), and very nice it was too.

zen

Merry Crimbo!!!.

Nos da folks Smile

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 25 Dec 2012, 12:33 am

Double post

Last edited by Hound_of_Harrow on Tue 25 Dec 2012, 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 25 Dec 2012, 3:50 am

Miss G been coughing, sneezing and spluttering for 2 hours. None of us sleeping a wink and there's a storm roaring outside. Apart from that, everything's great!

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 25 Dec 2012, 4:04 am

Good morning everyone, just came in to clean up a bit after you all.

Merry Christmas and I hope you are all spending the day with loved ones.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 25 Dec 2012, 8:38 am

Merry Christmas to one and all!!

Nothing better than waking up to the smell of turkey. I am in the crux of a mild moral dilemma. To purge their guilt my family have headed down to church for the half 8 service. Would it be wrong of me to go take a peek at the presents in their absence...
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 25 Dec 2012, 8:47 am

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

After several "false starts" we managed to hold off the youngest kids till 6.50am.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

Thoughts for those for whom this Christmas will be not quite as happy because of an empty chair or changed circumstances.

Hug

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 25 Dec 2012, 8:48 am

I'm missing out on Chapel due to recuperating youngster. I really enjoy Christmas morning service as the preacher can't really be bothered, we have a quick two carols and some non alcoholic mulled apple juice, which is a lot nicer than it sounds, a chat and home. First time we've missed for 7 years. Also present run to her Nan is seriously in doubt.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 25 Dec 2012, 8:53 am

Awh Glas.

Was she well enough to enjoy opening pressies?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 25 Dec 2012, 8:55 am

Yes, but has been sleeping since, which is no bad thing as none of us have slept since half one!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 25 Dec 2012, 8:57 am

Merry Christmas all! Hope everyone has a great day and are spending it with those you want too Ale

PS the traditional boxing day game at the local club is seeming doubtful due to the pitch being destroyed by rain. Hope any other posters rugby plans are seeming more hopeful!

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 25 Dec 2012, 8:58 am

Enjoy the peace and quiet and get your head down for a while.

How did the clock go down?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 25 Dec 2012, 9:03 am

Very well, already hanging up. She only likes 'practical' stuff.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 25 Dec 2012, 9:09 am

thumbsup

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 25 Dec 2012, 9:11 am

Morning all...Merry Christmas...have a cider on me because I'm on call today!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 25 Dec 2012, 11:08 am

Morning all. Got woken up at 7.30 by the phone call from home. Which saved me from being woken up at 8.30 by upstairs' stereo blaring out Gangnam Style.

Had a lovely orphans' Xmas dinner last night, roast turkey and lamb, potato, neeps, carrots & sprouts; pavlova with brandy cream, kiwifruit and blackberries, hokey pokey ice cream and christmas pudding. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 14 3602195817

And I have a nice leg of lamb to roast later.

Btw, Willser, yesterday my local M&S had all its NZ wine in the "Australia" section mad furious steam - I trust you've got your one properly organised Wink

Have a fantastic day everyone.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 25 Dec 2012, 11:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ugv1Ug4U-zs
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 25 Dec 2012, 12:24 pm

Merry Christmas folks.

Typical, I trudge two miles to the pub iin the wazzing rain and as soon as I get here it stops.
steam

Still, now I'm here it should be a nice afternoon.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 25 Dec 2012, 12:35 pm

Ale Hound.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 25 Dec 2012, 12:42 pm

Cheers Glas.

Nadolig Llawen.

Ale

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 25 Dec 2012, 1:33 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:Morning all. Got woken up at 7.30 by the phone call from home. Which saved me from being woken up at 8.30 by upstairs' stereo blaring out Gangnam Style.

Had a lovely orphans' Xmas dinner last night, roast turkey and lamb, potato, neeps, carrots & sprouts; pavlova with brandy cream, kiwifruit and blackberries, hokey pokey ice cream and christmas pudding. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 14 3602195817

Btw, Willser, yesterday my local M&S had all its NZ wine in the "Australia" section mad furious steam - I trust you've got your one properly organised Wink

I'd have walked out Pete to be honest, Kaituna Hills and the 'something' cove are 2 excellent whites from your fair land.

Got the lions top (with the price tag thoughtfully left on) and a wineguide to oz from the parents. All set for the tour...

... besides booking flights, tickets etc....
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 25 Dec 2012, 1:38 pm

Are parents brilliant?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 25 Dec 2012, 3:05 pm

WillyGilly wrote:
Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:Morning all. Got woken up at 7.30 by the phone call from home. Which saved me from being woken up at 8.30 by upstairs' stereo blaring out Gangnam Style.

I'd have walked out Pete to be honest, Kaituna Hills and the 'something' cove are 2 excellent whites from your fair land.

Got the lions top (with the price tag thoughtfully left on) and a wineguide to oz from the parents. All set for the tour...

... besides booking flights, tickets etc....

Willser, get on Staggy's Lions tour. I've not booked it yet, but I will be doing so.

I don't want to advertise it on here so PM Stag for the details. I'm looking forward to a tour that should be a blast.

thumbsup

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 25 Dec 2012, 3:05 pm

Glas - not all of them, no.

Hope everyone's having a brilliant Christmas Day. Haven't had the dinner yet - it's being prepped now.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 25 Dec 2012, 3:11 pm

Sorry Cari, should have done the smiley to show it was a Fast Show reference...picard

Turkey dinner and raspberry cheesecake demolished - flaked out on the couch.

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 25 Dec 2012, 3:12 pm

Just read back and saw I'd cocked it up anyway picard
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 25 Dec 2012, 7:09 pm

Merry Xmas all!

All in It's been a pretty good 12 months. Really enjoyed following Ulsters exploits and it was a pleasure to finally meet a few 606v2ers in the flesh - Rava, Stag, Mrs P, Notch, StandUlsterman, Jen and everyone at the Heino final at twickenham...which along with the QF in Limerick especially provided memories that I'll treasure for many years. Thankfully the Mayans got it wrong and I'm expecting next year to be a bit different but even more epic.... Whistle

I hope everyone is having a great Xmas and I wish you all a very happy new year. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 14 3602195817 guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 25 Dec 2012, 10:59 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:

Are you sure it wasn't the "Australasian Cuz-Bro" section, Pete? Hug bloody annoying I know....

It rained all day here yesterday and barely got over 19° C. Closest thing we get to snow.... like weather with low visibility. Whistle

Just settling down to watch the Boxing Day Test v Sri Lanka.

Still no news on "Mitchell Clarke" Doh

Also the Sydney-Hobart race gun goes off in about 3 hours. Good luck to my Uni buddy Adrienne Cahalan.

She's going for her 5th Line Honours in "Wild Oats".

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Wed 26 Dec 2012, 11:15 am

Happy St Stephens Day to all, and wow! It's been 12+ hours since the last message.

I had to give up on Christmas Day at 20:30; just completely knackered. I sat through a whole series of Mrs Brown's Boys after lunch. Hilarious. Smile

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 26 Dec 2012, 11:38 am

Nice to see you Hound. It must have been the Wild Oats comment. Smile
I've been watching a mixture of sport and silly comedies. It helps with digestion I find. The fridge is overflowing... I'll need to start eating out some space tomorrow.

When's the next rugby match?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Wed 26 Dec 2012, 11:49 am

The Welsh derbies at 14:05 and 17:30 today, if you can find a stream, breaker.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 26 Dec 2012, 11:56 am

Thanks, so just over 2 hours for the first one? See how I go. Nearly 11pm here. Is Scarlets v. Ospreys on first?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 26 Dec 2012, 11:59 am

No Blouse v Not Good Dragons.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 26 Dec 2012, 11:59 am

Sorry Newport Gwent, how did that happen?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 26 Dec 2012, 12:06 pm

Saving the best for last, eh?

I might watch the start of the SA - Kiwi T20 match in Port Elizabeth for some comic relief.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 26 Dec 2012, 12:08 pm

Yeah, me too, in the mood for some light entertainment. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 26 Dec 2012, 12:16 pm

You know, that atmosphere in PE is always jumping isn't it Biltong? Looks like a nice place too... reminds me a little of here... well, glimpses of it do with the hills and greenery in the background.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 26 Dec 2012, 12:21 pm

I have my fondest memories watching test cricket in PE.

The crowds are very festive and relaxed there. Plenty of kids to play with during lunch and drinks breaks. The town itself is a bit boring though once the cricket ends.

Then again I haven't been to PE for a good number of years.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 26 Dec 2012, 12:27 pm

Some great sportsmen from there according to wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Elizabeth

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Wed 26 Dec 2012, 12:29 pm

Linebreaker wrote:Thanks, so just over 2 hours for the first one? See how I go. Nearly 11pm here. Is Scarlets v. Ospreys on first?

Ospreys are at home breaker.

I'll be goibg to Big Game 5 at Twickenham on Sat. Quins v L. Irish, but it's always a cracking atmoshere at the Big Games, and it's usually a cracking match.

Mind you, with all the rain we've had recently, it could be 'Bog Game 5' Sad

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 26 Dec 2012, 12:32 pm

Will there be a big crowd there, Hound?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 26 Dec 2012, 12:44 pm

Linebreaker wrote:Some great sportsmen from there according to wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Elizabeth

How can the same place produce Danny Gerber and Schalk Burger!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next