The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

+22
Kenny
Ozzy3213
ChequeredJersey
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Thomond
Mick(TEFC)
WillyGilly
Gibson
The Boss
Biltong
Luckless Pedestrian
perthshirepuma
prop_lyd
Notch
Hound_of_Harrow
littleswannygirl
PenfroPete
Glas a du
Cari
MrsP
PJHolybloke
Pal Joey
26 posters

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 17 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Pal Joey Thu 13 Dec 2012, 7:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Hopetoun House, Edinburgh - where the Management Team for the 2013 British & Irish Lions tour party to Australia was announced.

“This is the next chapter in the 2013 tour story," said tour manager Andy Irvine.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Warren Gatland,
Andy Farrell, Shaun Edwards, Kiwi Pete's Grandfather, Rava, Rodders, Andy Irvine, Graham Rowntree, Dr James Robson,
Paul Stridgeon, Kip Keino, Baggage Master Patrick O’Reilly and Lawyer Max Duthie above the bar.

Ale Smile coffee guinness cider Yahoo RedWine Bubbly Hug Ale cuppa guinness thumbsup

Previous Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t37870p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-dubai

Last edited by Linebreaker on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 1:11 am; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 17 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Dec 2012, 1:25 pm

A mixture of both of the above along with satisfying Mr Kidney and the IRFU and giving a couple of our NIQs a very well earned rest I think Glas.

It would be good if John Afoa, Ruan Pienaar and Jared Payne could last till the end of the season.

OH and TH are the places I think we would have biggest drop from the first choice player but the rest I wouldn't worry about having to come into the team any week.

Of course, playing 13 who wouldn't be regular starters all together is a totally different kettle of weasels but it has to be done. I'm just hoping we can find out the result.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 17 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Glas a du Fri 28 Dec 2012, 1:31 pm

You see this is what gets me with modern coaching. Rotate, rest, use the squad, try things out, by all means. But what the fans want is for the team to try and win every competitive game. They know momentum is vital. I agree with the ends, I just think the means are a bit extreme. I'm also fully aware that Easyerby is just as likely to do this should we (hah! As if) get into a similar situation.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Dec 2012, 1:36 pm

I doubt you will see many Ulster fans complaining Glas.

Yes you go out to win each game you play but the whole point is what things are like at the end of the season. The aim has to be to do as well in both competitions as we possibly can.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 28 Dec 2012, 1:42 pm

Possibly not, but when your on a roll I firmly believe you try to keep it going. Be careful what you wish for, don't tempt fate and all that. Wales V New Zealand in the 03 WC is one of the exceptions to this rule.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Dec 2012, 1:45 pm

Thing is Glas we are currently on a one game winning streak!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 28 Dec 2012, 1:46 pm

That Ulster team could beat the Munster side but will be up against it, they played most of their frontliners last week, while Munster didn't so it kind of balances out.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 28 Dec 2012, 2:05 pm

I seem to empty the place out recently, might be time for a permanent departure.....

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 28 Dec 2012, 2:05 pm

Don't be daft Thomond Very Happy
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 28 Dec 2012, 2:40 pm

Everybody's flouncing lately. Whats up with that?!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 28 Dec 2012, 2:45 pm

Fecked if I know?

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 28 Dec 2012, 3:04 pm

Fecked if you don't?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 28 Dec 2012, 3:05 pm

I think we are feciced regardless really, I know Ulster are at approximately 17:31 in Thomond Park tomorrow.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 28 Dec 2012, 3:19 pm

STA £994

Leaving the 9th from Dublin
Fly to Dubai and to Singapore arrive 1500 on the 10th

11th sing- Brisbane arrive. 2140, stay in a hostel that night and pick up the camper the next day

Internal flights

Leave Sydney Sunday 7th 1845
Arrive Bangkok 0110
Leave bangkok 0135 on the 10th, arrive Dublin 1215 wednesday 10th or Thursday 11th

Auatraaaaaaalllliaaaa baby. There's the itinerary. 2 days in Bangkok could be interesting...
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 28 Dec 2012, 3:26 pm

Nice Willy, may find myself in Florida or San Fran during the summer, we will see how things go.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 28 Dec 2012, 3:28 pm

If no one hears from me by the 11th please contact the authorities and send help to Bangkok
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 28 Dec 2012, 3:32 pm

You may find yourself in the company of something very like a Leinster fan......

Spoiler:

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 28 Dec 2012, 3:39 pm

It's all well to joke about it now... But there is a serious possibililty... I'm thinking of instituting a 'what goes on tour, stays on tour' policy from the off...
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Dec 2012, 3:49 pm

I wasn't flouncing, I was busy.

Just stopped for a coffee break in front of the puter.

mug

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 28 Dec 2012, 4:29 pm

Deposit and flights paid. Lions tour 2013 is on!!!!!!
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 28 Dec 2012, 4:37 pm

Yahoo

Well done Willser. Remember the only acceptable evidence is a pair of knickers. Also, always take sensible precautions (always give a false name and address)

thumbsup
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 28 Dec 2012, 4:48 pm

Good man Willy OK

Thom - this place has been quieter of late with lots of time between posts. It ain't personal; people are off doing stuff at this time of year.

The main message boards are the same on many topics.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 28 Dec 2012, 4:51 pm

Your GUIDE to the end of the year OK
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 4:59 pm

PenfroPete wrote:Your GUIDE to the end of the year OK

No Risca coverage? raspberry

Not sure how, but I'm in the first team squad for tomorrow (rain permitting). Haven't played for five weeks or so, nor have I been able to train. Guess my scrummaging power (evident from the last game anyway) is wanted against the Gwernyfed farmers. Particularly with the extra Christmas poundage (hashtag unit)

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Dec 2012, 5:41 pm

Good luck with the match Rev.

Nearly there!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 28 Dec 2012, 5:54 pm

Where are you going?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Dec 2012, 5:57 pm

Darn.

I was looking for the wee smilie but I don't think we have it anymore.

Skiing in La Belle France.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 5:59 pm

Cheers Mrs P. I think it'll be off, but won't know till 10am tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 28 Dec 2012, 6:01 pm

tomato

raspberry

Oh...there's nice.

Mrs G hates skiing.

chin

Which...at least...

saves me money

Laugh

Yahoo
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Dec 2012, 6:03 pm

It does seem to be one of those activities that folk are not ambivalent toward.

A Marmite sport.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 28 Dec 2012, 6:06 pm

I'm on the 'love it' side.

The sheep will be coming in over the weekend so that's my chance of a week off gone till April.

Although I am slipping away to Paris for a couple of days in February Whistle
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 28 Dec 2012, 6:44 pm

Evening all....just lost badly @ harry potter cluedo....more time for cider
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 28 Dec 2012, 6:54 pm

MrsP's on the piste.
Smile

Grenoble probably isn't that far away if the clan want to watch some T14 rugby.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 28 Dec 2012, 7:00 pm

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:MrsP's on the piste.
Smile

Aye, she could well be following an old instructors advice to me "Stand up, sit down! " and yes this was for the Slalom Wink
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Dec 2012, 7:02 pm

Indeed Hound but we only get to ski one week a year so that will be the priority unless there are problems with lift closures etc.

Can't wait!

Although I will not be doing much, if any skiing this year as we are determined to try to get P5 on her skis if possible and that means Mummy Ski Instructor.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 28 Dec 2012, 7:02 pm

Evening All coffee

Hope everyone's well, and managed to avoid the two major bugs going round - one fills you up with snot, the other empties your guts. Both unpleasant, and people at my work are dropping like flies. It annoys me a bit because there's people who've had the norovirus coming back to work too soon.

Willy - well done on sorting the Lions Tour, but let's face it, it'll be nothing compared to my trip to Belfast in a week or two. Wink

Thomond - now don't you go flouncing off, there's a big shortage of Munster fans lately. If the Irish contingent of this pub dwindles any more then we're really knackered!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 28 Dec 2012, 7:08 pm

Indeed, cause we're the only ones that feckin' talk!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 28 Dec 2012, 7:09 pm

I've got the full of snot one.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 28 Dec 2012, 7:11 pm

Notch - exactly! Can always rely on an Irish provincial row debate to keep us entertained! Wink

Glas - I had that last week. It sucks. Well I had to cause I couldn't breathe through my nose...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 28 Dec 2012, 7:25 pm

MrsP wrote:Indeed Hound but we only get to ski one week a year so that will be the priority unless there are problems with lift closures etc.

Can't wait!

Although I will not be doing much, if any skiing this year as we are determined to try to get P5 on her skis if possible and that means Mummy Ski Instructor.

Aw, fair play MrsP. I've only been skiing a couple of times (Austria) and that was a loooong time ago.

Cari/Glas - I've had a bit of a cold on me for a couple of days, but it hasn't developed into much and is on its way out. I put it down to stress free sleep, and the body getting adequate rest.
Wink

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 28 Dec 2012, 7:28 pm

Yeah cheers Hound, rub it in why don't you. Freezing and burning up in turn doesn't make for a good night's sleep! Very Happy
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Dec 2012, 7:32 pm

Penfro,

My first time skiing was in Austria and the instructor spent the whole time shouting,

"You mast bend zee kneeze!"

Things have changed a bit now though. The skis do alot of the work for you now. Or maybe I've just got better at it!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 28 Dec 2012, 7:33 pm

Mine's gone now Dog but I spent much of last weekend in bed sleeping it off. I just hope I don't get the other bug! vomit

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 28 Dec 2012, 8:13 pm

Glad to hear that Cari thumbsup

Glas - sorry mun Smile Hug

I enjoyed the 'It didn't take long' article btw. Going to 3 regions is a retrograde step for Welsh rugby imo. The regions need to find ways of getting more people in to watch games.

Not easy in the current economic climate.
Headscratch

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 28 Dec 2012, 8:16 pm

I was only kidding Hound thumbsup

You're right as to the Regions. The main motivator in selling tickets is the fear of losing out. How you create that is for cleverer people, the regions just need to think in those terms though.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 28 Dec 2012, 8:54 pm

When they are all fit, the regions are providing good international quality players for the RFU. A huge issue now is the number of players taking the € in France, and contracts in England.

I don't think the WRU can match the contracts being offered - the regions need to generate enough money themselves

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 28 Dec 2012, 8:57 pm

Or not worry about the top players going, concentrate on development and play 2 or 3 AI matches.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 28 Dec 2012, 9:18 pm

MrsP wrote:Indeed Hound but we only get to ski one week a year so that will be the priority unless there are problems with lift closures etc.

Can't wait!

Get her on a snowboard instead MrsP, you know it makes sense! Wink

Evening all

knackered.com
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 28 Dec 2012, 9:26 pm

Awright Oz. Are you at Twickenham tomorrow?

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 28 Dec 2012, 9:29 pm

Hahahahaha!

P3 has already disgraced the family by trying that nonsense Ozzy!

We are a "2 edges at a time in the snow" kinda family!

mutters....blooming shredders.....not looking where they're going....turning without notice....stopping and sitting down spread the whole way across the piste just over the crest of a hill...droopy trousers...boots that are actually comfortable to walk in...

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 28 Dec 2012, 9:43 pm

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:Awright Oz. Are you at Twickenham tomorrow?

Nah, I'm not a massive fan of Twickenham as a stadium if I'm honest Hound. Also got loads on family wise so giving it miss. Am picking my mum up at Reading train station at about 4 tomorrow, so might get there early and watch the first half in the 3G's before she arrives. Hopefully your boys can do us a favour and turn Welsh over to stop them getting too far ahead of us.

MrsP wrote:Hahahahaha!

P3 has already disgraced the family by trying that nonsense Ozzy!

We are a "2 edges at a time in the snow" kinda family!

mutters....blooming shredders.....not looking where they're going....turning without notice....stopping and sitting down spread the whole way across the piste just over the crest of a hill...droopy trousers...boots that are actually comfortable to walk in...

It's all about the boots MrsP, all about the boots. Very Happy

P3 is clearly the coolest of mini P's The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 17 3845856932 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 17 4278589029 (close enough, there doesn't seem to be a snowboard smiley!!!)
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next