The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

+22
Kenny
Ozzy3213
ChequeredJersey
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Thomond
Mick(TEFC)
WillyGilly
Gibson
The Boss
Biltong
Luckless Pedestrian
perthshirepuma
prop_lyd
Notch
Hound_of_Harrow
littleswannygirl
PenfroPete
Glas a du
Cari
MrsP
PJHolybloke
Pal Joey
26 posters

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 10 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Pal Joey Thu 13 Dec 2012, 3:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Hopetoun House, Edinburgh - where the Management Team for the 2013 British & Irish Lions tour party to Australia was announced.

“This is the next chapter in the 2013 tour story," said tour manager Andy Irvine.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Warren Gatland,
Andy Farrell, Shaun Edwards, Kiwi Pete's Grandfather, Rava, Rodders, Andy Irvine, Graham Rowntree, Dr James Robson,
Paul Stridgeon, Kip Keino, Baggage Master Patrick O’Reilly and Lawyer Max Duthie above the bar.

Ale Smile coffee guinness cider Yahoo RedWine Bubbly Hug Ale cuppa guinness thumbsup

Previous Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t37870p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-dubai

Last edited by Linebreaker on Mon 31 Dec 2012, 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 10 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by rodders Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:25 pm

prop_lyd wrote:
rodders wrote:Only back part time willser, to buy the odd virtual round and so forth...from here on in I solemnly swear not to discuss anything rugby related.... Whistle

Surely that quote is rugby related? Whistle justsayin

Doh ...it seems a leopard can't change his spots.... Whistle

guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 10 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:27 pm

All well thanks.

Now the proud owner of 3 teenagers which is a bit scarey.

Did your lad ever hear back from the "Dancing on a Celebrity" lot?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:35 pm

I've had 2 of the strange creatures for a while now, I've considered donating one of them to a zoo, as an example to the other one, thing is I can never decide between the two.

Heard nothing as yet, they did say that some would find out in January, but I'm leaning towards the idea that it's a "thanks, but no thanks" situation.

They're still gigging though, and maybe, just maybe, in 2013 they'll actually get paid for it.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:51 pm

Send them up the chimneys.

Or down the mines!

Or both!

PS. I thought you said they were still giggling!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:06 pm

As it happens, my Grandad went to work aged 14.

He went to the local pit and replaced a pit pony, his job was to push the empty carts into the pithead and push the full ones out. It was a purely economical move as malnourished boys were much cheaper on pay of 6d a week than the cost of keeping a stable full of ponies.

He lived to the ripe old age of 94 though, so it did him no harm.

How times change, I'd be better off with a couple of thoroughbreds.

I'm off to me cot MrsP, I've got to get up in time for the end of the world.

G'night. kiss
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:17 pm

Off for a few zzzzs meself.

MrsP, all options are open for me now. It's a nice thought to be resting my head on.

A new chapter in life. There's been plenty of them, so this is just another.

Sleep well good people.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 21 Dec 2012, 3:48 am

3!
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 21 Dec 2012, 3:58 am

Morning PJ, morning all, it's my last day of work for 2012! Smile

We'll probably lock up around 10 this morning! Very Happy

And there's the Blues v Scarlets 606v2 meet this evening! Yahoo

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 21 Dec 2012, 4:02 am

Morning Lucky, enjoy the break mate. Three more days and I'm off until Jan 7th, get in! Hug

I've a feeling tonight could be a little messy.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 21 Dec 2012, 4:06 am

Cardiff's going to be heaving tonight. I'm banking on most of revellers staying out 'til the early hours so that the train back to Newport won't be too packed.

I'm back in on the 7th, too. A fortnight off. This job has its perks!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 21 Dec 2012, 4:16 am

PJHolybloke wrote:3!

Is the magic number...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 21 Dec 2012, 4:17 am

Yes it is. It's the magic number.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 21 Dec 2012, 4:18 am

Maarning!!!

Can't be @rsed today. Have a chest infection which has apparently spread onto my lungs. Feel like shoite.

Anyone know what time the world is ending today please, I heard 11:15 but someone else in my office is saying 4:21 this afternoon???
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 21 Dec 2012, 4:21 am

Maya Angelou's got a lot to answer for.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 21 Dec 2012, 4:26 am

Tumbleweed Sorry

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 21 Dec 2012, 5:15 am

Morning all, 7 1/2 hours left in work this year for me (well, less than that as my team are going for pub lunch Whistle )

Thomond, sorry to hear of your loss. I was the only grandchild (and I'm the eldest grandson) to not make it to my grandfather's funeral on Wednesday (NZ time), though I did at least trek out to Hillingdon and walk past the house where his father was born Tuesday night.

Last edited by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) on Fri 21 Dec 2012, 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 21 Dec 2012, 5:22 am

Nice gesture Kiwi. Good to make a connection even though you couldn't be there.

Ozzy,

I reckon anyone predicting the end of the world would do it in relation to their own "time Zone". What time is it in Mexico?

Mind you...Matt 24 v 36-44

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 21 Dec 2012, 5:22 am

Just read back, Thomond - sorry to hear about your grandfather. I only have my granny left now (my mum's mum). She's a Scouser and her dad was a Welsh-speaker from Caernarfon, she's a tough old bird.

Hound: enjoy your freedom!

Willy: Erdinger - good call!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 21 Dec 2012, 5:25 am

Morning all, today and then Christmas Eve and then I'm done till 2nd Jan bring it on!!

Nice to see the sun's come out for the meet.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 21 Dec 2012, 5:36 am

You guys and your long holidays.

One Christmas my only day off over Christmas was the day after Boxing Day!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 21 Dec 2012, 5:48 am

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

So could be any time then MrsP. Rolling Eyes

Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 21 Dec 2012, 5:49 am

That's what The Book says Ozzy.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:24 am

Well I'm just glad I don't work in the fields.

Watch yourself out there Glas. OK

Hey Ozzy, sorry to hear you're not well, as if Christmas isn't gash enough as it is.

Hope you're looking after JJ for us? Whistle
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:27 am

It's OK PJ I'm in the court dealing with a breach of ASBO.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 21 Dec 2012, 6:53 am

Glas a du wrote:It's OK PJ I'm in the court dealing with a breach of ASBO.

Sounds painful, hope the old bugger is alright!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:13 am

You sure you boys can squeeze him in under the salary cap PJ? Wink
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:24 am

Notch wrote:
Glas a du wrote:It's OK PJ I'm in the court dealing with a breach of ASBO.

Sounds painful, hope the old bugger is alright!

He was in good form last Thursday.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 10 3933776953

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:25 am

Salary cap? What's that then? Run
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 21 Dec 2012, 7:38 am

In Bath it's called a salary boater.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:17 am

Laugh Like it, Glas.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:29 am

News for regs coming tonight...........my game tomorrow is off......LET'S GET SMASHED!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:43 am

Yep. Just had the good news off Penfro that my match tickets are gifts too, so great news Whistle

Christmas hat ready and all that stuff. Can't wait.

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 21 Dec 2012, 9:18 am

Jeremy Vine, messages for the troops.

Blartin like a babby here.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 21 Dec 2012, 9:54 am

Risca Rev wrote:Yep. Just had the good news off Penfro that my match tickets are gifts too, so great news The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh - Page 10 590675

Christmas hat ready and all that stuff. Can't wait.

Does that mean mine are free too?!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:02 am

Pretty sure they all are aye. He seems in a very generous mood.

To Penfro Ale

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:05 am

He went to the dentists earlier, so he might still be high from that gas they give you.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:25 am

So the end of the world hasn't happened yet. Everyone thinks we're safe as 11:11 has passed. Surely the Mayan's meant 11:11 their time not GMT. Not out of the woods yet.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:26 am

Bu88er to it anyway. This Mayan End of World gig really has backfired on me. I refused to pay all bills this month and drank the money instead. I sexually propositioned my Boss at work (she IS a girl, I think). Told all the a-holes I know, that they were, in fact, total a-holes.

Monday is going to be a nightmare.

Just another normal week in Gibbo World. No change there.

So, everyone ready voor De Kerst?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:38 am

They didn't the apocalypse though did they? This is just the end of this era of time.

That sounds more mystical than it is. They used a long counting carrier. So really, whats happening today in the Mayan calendar is the closest equivalent to what the standard western calendar would call a Millennium. Except this is even rarer than a Millennium.

Wikipedia informs me that another such shift is scheduled for October 13, 4772 so we're not out of the woods yet Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:47 am

Lucky, he just rung saying he's footing the bar bill @ the westgate too....that guy is such a gent!!

Afternoon Gobby....isn't that a normal Friday you've just described for yourself?!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:53 am

Ah it´s the Welsh Christmas meetup this evening. Hope ye all have a blast.

That Penfron is such a babe. He really is.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:55 am

Run

GUIDE

Oh and before I leave - Rev and Prop bah

...... Run
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:22 am

I'll resemble that remark Penfro....MrsProp's finished early so I'll be at the pub!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:52 am

See you at quarter to 6 or so then.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:20 pm

That's my aim for time too Rev...1st one there buy's the drinks?!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:38 pm

Penfro also told me all drinks on him. Salt of the earth that man.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:45 pm

Man that guy is just too good!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:50 pm

I should be at the Westgate for about 5.30. Ale

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:53 pm

Leaving now have a good eve regs cider
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:58 pm

Gibson wrote:Bu88er to it anyway. This Mayan End of World gig really has backfired on me. I refused to pay all bills this month and drank the money instead. I sexually propositioned my Boss at work (she IS a girl, I think). Told all the a-holes I know, that they were, in fact, total a-holes.

Monday is going to be a nightmare.

Just another normal week in Gibbo World. No change there.

So, everyone ready voor De Kerst?
Laugh That's what happens when you believe Doomsday Prophets.

Just send them each a card of apology.

Hi XXXXX just in case we are all around on Monday, herewith my apology, when I called you an A-hole, I meant it in the nicest possible way...
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next