The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster

+47
asoreleftshoulder
Thomond
VinceWLB
niwatts
The Great Aukster
trebellbobaggins
EnglandRose
LondonTiger
Captain Charisma
Notch
HammerofThunor
Rory_Gallagher
majesticimperialman
LeinsterFan4life
EnglishReign
Breadvan
Artful_Dodger
wales606
Morgannwg
Pot Hale
valjester
dublin_dave
eirebilly
thebluesmancometh
Golden
totti13
Feckless Rogue
red_stag
brennomac
GunsGerms
Ozzy3213
21st Century Schizoid Man
Moorsman
toml
Portnoy's Complaint
kingjohn7
BlueMuff
Glas a du
Kingshu
yappysnap
Dubbelyew L Overate
Mickado
pete (buachaill on eirne)
theslosty
Jenifer McLadyboy
MrsP
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
51 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster - Page 5 Empty Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well here we are at the last of the pool games, with lowly Exe (and one or two other results) standing between the current European champions and qualification for the knock-out phase of this year's tournament. Leinster overcame the challenge of the Chiefs back in October at the RDS with a 9-6 victory. Thoughts?

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster - Page 5 Empty Re: Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster

Post by wales606 Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:39 pm

Ford was standout a year or more ago.

Best is my far the standout for the Lions at the moment.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster - Page 5 Empty Re: Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:40 pm

Exeter how dare you thats a trademark Wales move!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:40 pm

Come on, you Chief Chief

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:40 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Hartley is as nasty as Best but far softer, he couldn't intimidate his nan!!!

My point is valjester that until recently Ford was standout, and IMHO has the potential to be a far superior player to Best, as does the likes of Hibbard, and possibly Owens. I'm not slating Best but he really is the only prob around who isn't showing a massive flaw to his game, there are more dynamic, more destructive, better defencive and better scrummagers around!

I strongly disagree with this on just about every count - you might want to look at Bests stats in the HC this season and then revise this post.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:40 pm

Game on

Leinster will being going for the tries, they just have to hope the win doesn't slip away.

Monstered in 3 driving mauls now.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:41 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Hartley is as nasty as Best but far softer, he couldn't intimidate his nan!!!

My point is valjester that until recently Ford was standout, and IMHO has the potential to be a far superior player to Best, as does the likes of Hibbard, and possibly Owens. I'm not slating Best but he really is the only prob around who isn't showing a massive flaw to his game, there are more dynamic, more destructive, better defencive and better scrummagers around!

Ford has never been consistently good. You are seriously underrating Best, and being incredibly naive if you think that Australia will be intimidated by any of the players you are championing ahead of him. Owens, Hibbard, and Rees have all had far too many bad days from touch to be considered ahead of him.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:42 pm

they are really slowing it at the breakdown. we badly need some quick ball.

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:44 pm

Stats????

Where can I find the stats on his scrummaging ability? Where can I find the stats on his dynamism? Where can I find stats on his pound to power ratio?

Are you claiming that Best is as dynamic as Hibbard? That he hits as hard as Hibbard? Because you'd be wrong!

Are you claiming Best can Scrummage like Rees? Because you'd be wrong!

Are you claiming Best has a high a fitness levels as Hartley and Ford? Because you'd be wrong!

Are you claiming that Bests work on the floor is as good as Rees and Ford?

My point is his all round game is better than any, he will travel and he is first choice test currently, but others can overtake him with a bit of form/progression quite easily!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:46 pm

my god irish provinces line out play is dreadful dreadful.

huge worry for 6 nations

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:46 pm

I tell you what, Leinster need to pull something out here. Attacking is one thing but they need to also secure their defence.

Not complaining as a Munster fan though Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:47 pm

What an entertaining half of rugby Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:48 pm

2 tries in the first half not too bad, but really need to get a grip on the game.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:48 pm

Really Dave? Best had one bad day at the office, and was missing his Lineout caller/general!!!

When the national team gets together it will massively improve, especially when you play Wales who couldn't win their own lineout with 12 locks on the feild and a gun to fire the ball, then Wales lose 5 lock options!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:49 pm

We need jenno on for the breakdown. Also maybe mcfadden for Isa

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:49 pm

If Leinster lose today, i just know that Munster wont capitalise on the chance
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:49 pm

At the end of round 4 Rory Best had completed more tackles than any other forward in the competition and won more turnovers than any other forward in the competition including opensides, yet you are criticizing his defence?

You are also criticizing his scrummaging which is the strongest part of his game...

You really don't know what your talking about mate... there is a reason the guy was named at hooker in many peoples teams of 2012 including publications such as planet rugby and the rugby paper.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:49 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Stats????

Where can I find the stats on his scrummaging ability? Where can I find the stats on his dynamism? Where can I find stats on his pound to power ratio?

Are you claiming that Best is as dynamic as Hibbard? That he hits as hard as Hibbard? Because you'd be wrong!

Are you claiming Best has a high a fitness levels as Hartley and Ford? Because you'd be wrong!

My point is his all round game is better than any, he will travel and he is first choice test currently, but others can overtake him with a bit of form/progression quite easily!

Jesus Christ have you ever actually watched Best play? His stats will show that his tackle stats are huge, his workrate is unbelievable. He is extremely cut on the floor. You are deluded.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:50 pm

bluesman

I would say Best is the best scrummager of the lot, the most reliable from touch, and as good as any of the them on the deck. Granted i havent seen as much of Hibbard or Ford as i have Best but im sure its the other way around for you too.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:50 pm

Leinster are playing too eager to get the ball back I think, they are trying to retreive it at every ruck and therefore allowing space for Exeter in the wider channels.

I thought to myself before the game when it was said that 'a fast open game will suit leinster' that Exeter would be banking on that!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:50 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Really Dave? Best had one bad day at the office, and was missing his Lineout caller/general!!!

When the national team gets together it will massively improve, especially when you play Wales who couldn't win their own lineout with 12 locks on the feild and a gun to fire the ball, then Wales lose 5 lock options!!

Yet you are championing three of their hookers as better than Best.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:51 pm

Would never of thought that Exeter would go in 5 points in the lead at half time to be honest.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:52 pm

Is Rory Best really being questioned here?

Confused to be honest as he is one of the best in the world, his work rate is phenominal
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:54 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Stats????

Wow. Shocked

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:54 pm

Was it a penalty try?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:55 pm

Come on Leinster!!!!! We need this more than them, show it!

Fingers Crossed

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:55 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Was it a penalty try?

Apparently but not sure why... Anyone?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:00 pm

Why are you all getting so emotional, maybe if you weren't you might take a few points on board.

Firstly stats are all well and good, but do they tell the whole picture? Anyone want to guess the joint top tacklers from the world cup? Falatau and Charteris, does this make them the best defencive 8 and locks in europe? Far from it, infact they both have defence problems!

Bests tackle count highlights 2 things, he has played more games than most, and Ulsters gameplan is designed around an abbrassive defence!!!

Bests scrummaging is good, I never said it was weak, but Rees is renowned for being the best scrummaging hooker around, and I have personally seen him put very big props on their bums! Hibbard is also a very good scrummager, as is Ford, difference is Best and Hibbard are the only ones playing with WORLD CLASS SCRUMMAGERS EITHER SIDE!!

He is definately most accurate from touch, and that along with his breakdown work (note; totally different from floor work) are the reasons he heads the list.

Now his real test will be 6N, he needs to remain as consistent as he has been because if he doesn't he's missing out on a seat, he is number one but very droppable with the competition around him.

And please don't keep the poor insults of me being deluded or don't know what I'm talking about, try to discuss this emotionless and just prove me wrong, if I am it should be easy right?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:00 pm

I thought the comentater meant P ushover try?

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:01 pm

eirebilly wrote:

Because the maul was moving very quickly to the Leinster try line and Poite obviously felt that Leinster collapsed it illegally.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:01 pm

valjester

Please re read and listen to what I'm saying, try not to let your tears of someone claiming Best is droppable to cloud your sight.

Look again and I've clearly noted Best is firast choice right now!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:03 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

Because the maul was moving very quickly to the Leinster try line and Poite obviously felt that Leinster collapsed it illegally.

Ok, thanks mate. Was not sure at the time why Poite ruled the PT.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:03 pm

Cronin on for Strauss

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:04 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Why are you all getting so emotional, maybe if you weren't you might take a few points on board.

Firstly stats are all well and good, but do they tell the whole picture? Anyone want to guess the joint top tacklers from the world cup? Falatau and Charteris, does this make them the best defencive 8 and locks in europe? Far from it, infact they both have defence problems!

Bests tackle count highlights 2 things, he has played more games than most, and Ulsters gameplan is designed around an abbrassive defence!!!

Bests scrummaging is good, I never said it was weak, but Rees is renowned for being the best scrummaging hooker around, and I have personally seen him put very big props on their bums! Hibbard is also a very good scrummager, as is Ford, difference is Best and Hibbard are the only ones playing with WORLD CLASS SCRUMMAGERS EITHER SIDE!!

He is definately most accurate from touch, and that along with his breakdown work (note; totally different from floor work) are the reasons he heads the list.

Now his real test will be 6N, he needs to remain as consistent as he has been because if he doesn't he's missing out on a seat, he is number one but very droppable with the competition around him.

And please don't keep the poor insults of me being deluded or don't know what I'm talking about, try to discuss this emotionless and just prove me wrong, if I am it should be easy right?

You are not listening to reason and you are completely delusional because you are misrepresenting the truth, so what is the point of trying to have a discussion with you?

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:04 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Why are you all getting so emotional, maybe if you weren't you might take a few points on board.

Well there is a lot wrong here, but I'll just point this out as one thing that is rubbish. The player welfare system means that Best has very limited game time for Ulster. He and Ferris played more for Ireland than Ulster last season, if I remember correctly. His tackle count is high because he has a very good work rate and his defence is exceptional.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:04 pm

I'm sure it was grounded anyway, TMO would've given it if no PT.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:05 pm

valjester wrote:

You are not listening to reason and you are completely delusional because you are misrepresenting the truth, so what is the point of trying to have a discussion with you?

Well then I'm sorry you feel that way, maybe try again at a later date when you've calmed down a bit?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:05 pm

Ross has some shiner

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:06 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:
valjester wrote:

Well then I'm sorry you feel that way, maybe try again at a later date when you've calmed down a bit?

I am perfectly calm. Make some valid points and I will gladly have a discussion with you.

Last edited by valjester on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:07 pm

Rory

I would agree except he had played all 4 of the HC games in question hasn't he? Of which is where the stat come from so not sure why you mention last season or the Rabo where players are managed far more than HC.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:08 pm

BOD!!!!!!!! 3/4

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:08 pm

Seems like every try has been from the top drawer. What a game!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:08 pm

Great try

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:08 pm

What a movement and pass by Cullen Shocked
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:08 pm

great stuff leo.

now lets get the ball back after this and not let them back into it.

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:09 pm

Your perfectly calm but cannot agree that Best may not make the Lions test, and won't admit Best's every attribute isn't better than any other hooker in UK and Ireland?

See how that might come across as emotional? Because it's certainly not reasonable!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:10 pm

SOB has been great again, looking very sharp. Some very good Irish ball carriers hitting some form pre 6N... GULP!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:10 pm

Leinster to run away with it now Sad
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:11 pm

Why a penalty for Leinster? That was holding on in my mind...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:12 pm

eirebilly wrote:Leinster to run away with it now Sad

I was thinking that after the 3rd minute. Wink

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:13 pm

Penalty try no?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next