The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster

+47
asoreleftshoulder
Thomond
VinceWLB
niwatts
The Great Aukster
trebellbobaggins
EnglandRose
LondonTiger
Captain Charisma
Notch
HammerofThunor
Rory_Gallagher
majesticimperialman
LeinsterFan4life
EnglishReign
Breadvan
Artful_Dodger
wales606
Morgannwg
Pot Hale
valjester
dublin_dave
eirebilly
thebluesmancometh
Golden
totti13
Feckless Rogue
red_stag
brennomac
GunsGerms
Ozzy3213
21st Century Schizoid Man
Moorsman
toml
Portnoy's Complaint
kingjohn7
BlueMuff
Glas a du
Kingshu
yappysnap
Dubbelyew L Overate
Mickado
pete (buachaill on eirne)
theslosty
Jenifer McLadyboy
MrsP
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
51 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster - Page 8 Empty Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well here we are at the last of the pool games, with lowly Exe (and one or two other results) standing between the current European champions and qualification for the knock-out phase of this year's tournament. Leinster overcame the challenge of the Chiefs back in October at the RDS with a 9-6 victory. Thoughts?

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster - Page 8 Empty Re: Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:59 pm

valjester wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:That is the shortest penalty advantage ever? He didn't call it over either. Bizarre.
He is a good ref but a few decisions really let him down. That was a joke ive seen knock on advantage last longer.

He's a horrible ref, absolutely no consistency and his communication with players his poor, even when he's reffing two french sides.
ah no tbf he did make a couple of great calls that a lot of refs would have missed. As I say a few decisions let him down. He was brilliant in the 2011 final

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster - Page 8 Empty Re: Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:59 pm

john

They sure can be, they looked stronger v Saracens but made some of the worst mistakes straight after scoring every time, near dominant first half and lead by 2!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 19 Jan 2013, 8:01 pm

Annoyed about not releasin the tackled player but ah well....

Now racing have to hold Munster to 3 tries.....

Fingers Crossed

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 19 Jan 2013, 8:01 pm

Healey man of the match? seriosly?

I thought that 13 for Exeter deserved it better.( not sure how to pronounce his name)

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Sat 19 Jan 2013, 8:03 pm

Racing are sending over les enfants by all accounts

leinster did their best tonight but ultimately paid the price for not being at 100pct in the group stages.

It is very unlikely that we will see the quarters. I can see a Leicester win and a Munster bonus point. Can see it going to the wire between them

Oh Well. Lets have an Italian team in the draw next year please.

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 19 Jan 2013, 8:05 pm

If Munster qualify, are Leinster in the amlin?

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 19 Jan 2013, 8:05 pm

"Deserved it better"

?????????????????
Wut!?

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 19 Jan 2013, 8:05 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Healey man of the match? seriosly?

I thought that 13 for Exeter deserved it better.( not sure how to pronounce his name)
Are you seriously suggesting its a surprise healy got motm

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 19 Jan 2013, 8:09 pm

Doh

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 19 Jan 2013, 8:09 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:

Not realy. I do some times think that he is Stewart Barnes love child.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 19 Jan 2013, 8:11 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:

Such loser talk.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 19 Jan 2013, 8:11 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Now racing have to hold Munster to 3 tries.....

Fingers Crossed

... or Edinburgh beat Saracens and see both Munster and Leinster through...

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sat 19 Jan 2013, 8:18 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:
pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Now racing have to hold Munster to 3 tries.....

Fingers Crossed

... or Edinburgh beat Saracens and see both Munster and Leinster through...

Hahahahaha,

But seriously......
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by niwatts Sat 19 Jan 2013, 8:39 pm

Toulouse isn't to be discounted either, even if they lose to Tigers they could still get 2 bonus losing points, also putting them on 20 points but with more tries.

niwatts

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 19 Jan 2013, 8:52 pm

If Edinburgh beat Saracens away, it could be up there with the biggest upset in the tournament history along with Ebbw Vale beating Toulouse!

Halequins are probably not too happy about the prospect of playing Leinster in the quarters.
I think it will depends on the weather if Munster gets 4 tries or not.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 19 Jan 2013, 9:12 pm

Poite was shoite for both sides and it saddened me a bit to see fans berate him for costing Leinster in some other places, he cost both sides points, Heaslip's try looked dodgy, a Chiefs player was held back, although said player may have broken early that doesn't make the hold excusable (interestingly over the last year I have seen a lot of holding/blocking from teams it is almost becoming a move, it's hard to spot as it occurs off the ball, Leinster are good at it Wink )

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Sat 19 Jan 2013, 9:22 pm

Wow what a roller coaster of a match. First 5 minutes thought Leinster going to score 9 tries. Then half time thinking Chiefs might actually win that. 5 minutes later thought Leinster might score 8 tries and then somehow Chiefs find new lease of life.

All in all Im delighted with that result. Its in our own hands now to go and get BP. If we cant then we dont deserve to be in this competition. If we do we will go stronger with CJ Stander and Paulie back to playe quinns in the quarters. This will help the development of our young players. Come on Munster

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 19 Jan 2013, 9:24 pm

I am happy Leinster got the win more or less secures another Irish spot. In some ways I think a win could be bad for Munster as we do need some changes to the team and I think a win could delay that, hopefully Keatley has astormer and proves to the IRFU why they shouldn't be forcing Radge on us.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 19 Jan 2013, 9:27 pm

Thomond wrote:I am happy Leinster got the win more or less secures another Irish spot. In some ways I think a win could be bad for Munster as we do need some changes to the team and I think a win could delay that, hopefully Keatley has astormer and proves to the IRFU why they shouldn't be forcing Radge on us.
Would be great to see JJ get on the pitch to experience HC rugby.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Sat 19 Jan 2013, 9:30 pm

Thomond dont understand that logic at all. We have almost a completely new team with lots of young talenet. Kilcoyne, Murray, Jones, Zebo, P O Mahony, Tommy O O Donnel, Earls, JJ, Sherry.

The only change needed is at 10. The more experience these young players get at the top level the better. Surely not getting a BP tomorrow will only damage development and confidence?

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 19 Jan 2013, 9:32 pm

We need a change in the centres in my opinion, we could do with a change in a backs coach or at least ina change of emphasis, we need some top quality talent as well, a lot of it is promising but unproven.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 19 Jan 2013, 9:39 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
majesticimperialman wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:

Such loser talk.

No Morgannwg, more like such Hionesty. Just about every time that Leinster play does he (Barensey) give Healey Motm.
Have you never Noticed that before?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 19 Jan 2013, 9:48 pm

No I haven't, so maybe it's just you. For me Healy is one of the best loose-heads in world rugby, if not the best. I guess that makes him my love child in spite of him having a few years and a few stones on me.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 19 Jan 2013, 10:12 pm

Morgannwg wrote:No I haven't, so maybe it's just you. For me Healy is one of the best loose-heads in world rugby, if not the best. I guess that makes him my love child in spite of him having a few years and a few stones on me.

I knew it was a waste of time trying to explain too you. I am not arguing about Healey being the best or worst LH
in the world. The fact is (their was a better player more derserving of beint MOTM today) than Healy.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 19 Jan 2013, 10:32 pm

What's this, even regurgitating some of my material that has been previoulsy used on you now is it? One would think it's enough that you regurgitate everything you see written on this forum Laugh. Barnes rates best the LH in the world, shock horror!
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 19 Jan 2013, 11:30 pm

Majestic-
I thought Healy was by far and away the best player on the pitch. The Chiefs 13 looked good at times for sure but not consistently, Healy was absolutely everywhere

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 19 Jan 2013, 11:34 pm

Thomond wrote:I am happy Leinster got the win more or less secures another Irish spot. In some ways I think a win could be bad for Munster as we do need some changes to the team and I think a win could delay that, hopefully Keatley has astormer and proves to the IRFU why they shouldn't be forcing Radge on us.

I agree with all of this post, but the part I have put in bold is exactly what Ireland needs more of. Supporting Ireland ahead of provinces. Thomond you're a model Irish supporter
clap

Fingers Crossed

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 19 Jan 2013, 11:35 pm

Morgannwg wrote:What's this, even regurgitating some of my material that has been previoulsy used on you now is it? One would think it's enough that you regurgitate everything you see written on this forum Laugh. Barnes rates best the LH in the world, shock horror!

You really are a tool

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 19 Jan 2013, 11:42 pm

Rich coming from the biggest tool I know. Muppet.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 19 Jan 2013, 11:44 pm

yappysnap wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:What's this, even regurgitating some of my material that has been previoulsy used on you now is it? One would think it's enough that you regurgitate everything you see written on this forum Laugh. Barnes rates best the LH in the world, shock horror!

You really are a tool
Well that escalated quicky

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 19 Jan 2013, 11:47 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
yappysnap wrote:

You really are a tool
Well that escalated quicky

+1 Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 20 Jan 2013, 9:51 am

Congrats Leinster, a good win, fingers crossed that results go your way today. Very proud that Chiefs made a fantastic game of it, and came close to beating the European champions again. Very powerful display from Healy and SOB - bodes well for Lions OK

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 20 Jan 2013, 9:57 am

Bad luck ASBO - we held up our end of the bargain this end by punting Saints out. Yours was another very fine game of rugby - watched it in Tennants, Byres Road in a glow after a cracker at Scotstoun.

Chiefs have done very well in their first Heino Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 20 Jan 2013, 10:23 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Congrats Leinster, a good win, fingers crossed that results go your way today. Very proud that Chiefs made a fantastic game of it, and came close to beating the European champions again. Very powerful display from Healy and SOB - bodes well for Lions OK

Chief

Cheers ASBO, you guys really put it up to us. Showed serious bravery to kick for the corners from Steenson. Cheers for the luck we are going to need every ounce of it we can get. Hope to see you in the HCup again next year, you guys deserve it

COME ON RACING!

Fingers Crossed

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 20 Jan 2013, 10:48 am

Never mind Racing. Come on Edinburgh!!!!

They are the ones who could do all three Irish Provinces a favour!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 20 Jan 2013, 10:52 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Very proud that Chiefs made a fantastic game of it, and came close to beating the European champions again.

Exeter came close to beating Leinster again?? When did they beat them before?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 20 Jan 2013, 10:58 am

They came close to beating Leinster. Again ! That better ?

Last edited by 21st Century Schizoid Man on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:58 am

MrsP wrote:Never mind Racing. Come on Edinburgh!!!!

They are the ones who could do all three Irish Provinces a favour!

Oh god yeah, would'nt it be brilliant if Embra turned it on today Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 20 Jan 2013, 12:02 pm

It would be sooooo good.

Glasgow did it yesterday!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 20 Jan 2013, 12:11 pm

I would just like to see Embra get a win of any sort to be honest.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 20 Jan 2013, 12:24 pm

Well Edinburgh have remembered how to score tries at last. I'd say there will be no stopping them now they've got a taste for it!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Sun 20 Jan 2013, 12:34 pm

Just so I'm clear, any Edinburgh win and any Munster win means Munster top the group and baring a freak result in Welford road we're both through? Or does it have to be Edinburgh win and deny Sarries a LBP etc?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 20 Jan 2013, 12:37 pm

Mickado wrote:Just so I'm clear, any Edinburgh win and any Munster win means Munster top the group and baring a freak result in Welford road we're both through? Or does it have to be Edinburgh win and deny Sarries a LBP etc?

Yes, or Munster get a TBP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 20 Jan 2013, 12:39 pm

Sarries are on 18 points and Munster are on 15.

I think they are equal on all the discriminators in the head to head.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 20 Jan 2013, 12:45 pm

We would still need the Tigers v Toulouse game to end so that the runner up from that group didn't over-take Leinster on 20 points. They have both already scored more tries than Leinster.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 20 Jan 2013, 12:45 pm

COME ON EDINBURGH, RACING, WHOEVER TO GET US THOUGH!

Fingers Crossed

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 20 Jan 2013, 12:47 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Very proud that Chiefs made a fantastic game of it, and came close to beating the European champions again.

Exeter came close to beating Leinster again?? When did they beat them before?
Pot, didn't say they have - I said we came close again OK

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 20 Jan 2013, 12:47 pm

A win for Tigers would be great so long as they stopped Toulouse from getting 4 tries. That way no one takes Ulster's home quarter away from us.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 20 Jan 2013, 1:30 pm

Fack

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 20 Jan 2013, 1:32 pm

Right so who we playing in the Amlin.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next