The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster

+47
asoreleftshoulder
Thomond
VinceWLB
niwatts
The Great Aukster
trebellbobaggins
EnglandRose
LondonTiger
Captain Charisma
Notch
HammerofThunor
Rory_Gallagher
majesticimperialman
LeinsterFan4life
EnglishReign
Breadvan
Artful_Dodger
wales606
Morgannwg
Pot Hale
valjester
dublin_dave
eirebilly
thebluesmancometh
Golden
totti13
Feckless Rogue
red_stag
brennomac
GunsGerms
Ozzy3213
21st Century Schizoid Man
Moorsman
toml
Portnoy's Complaint
kingjohn7
BlueMuff
Glas a du
Kingshu
yappysnap
Dubbelyew L Overate
Mickado
pete (buachaill on eirne)
theslosty
Jenifer McLadyboy
MrsP
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
51 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster - Page 9 Empty Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well here we are at the last of the pool games, with lowly Exe (and one or two other results) standing between the current European champions and qualification for the knock-out phase of this year's tournament. Leinster overcame the challenge of the Chiefs back in October at the RDS with a 9-6 victory. Thoughts?

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster - Page 9 Empty Re: Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 20 Jan 2013, 1:49 pm

Edinburgh are only losing by 7 at half time so there is still hope

Fingers Crossed

Racing definitely can't hold out for another 40 without conceding 1.

Back to top Go down

Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster - Page 9 Empty Re: Heino Cup Pool 5, Round 6: Exeter Chiefs vs Leinster

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 20 Jan 2013, 1:50 pm

Saracens just scored again so.....

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 20 Jan 2013, 2:00 pm

Do we go all out and try to win the Amlin, or do we give guys like murphy some European experience. If we win the Amlin, do Connacht get into the HC?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 20 Jan 2013, 2:04 pm

That's it folks......... broken

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 20 Jan 2013, 2:09 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:That's it folks......... broken
Just too many injuries at the start of the campaign. It was always going to be dfficult. We gave it a good go anyway. I want to see us really try go for the league this year.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 20 Jan 2013, 2:57 pm

Yeah it was the start of the campaign for sure, no doubt about it but at the same time we have reason to regret the second half's of both round 5 and round 6, we should have put more tries on Scarlets and Exeter there too and we did have our full team. Had 3 tries by half time and then fell off in the second half of each game.

If we had scored 3 more tries we'd be going through right now not Munster

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 20 Jan 2013, 3:02 pm

Interesting q about the Amlin, do we go for it or use it as a training ground and focus on the Rabo?

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 20 Jan 2013, 3:04 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Interesting q about the Amlin, do we go for it or use it as a training ground and focus on the Rabo?
If we win the Amlin does that mean Connacht get into the HC? If thats the case than we should definately go for it. Id like to see Jordi Murphy get some European experience though.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 20 Jan 2013, 3:05 pm

Hug

The final is in Dublin. Surely you have to go for it, no?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 20 Jan 2013, 3:07 pm

Get EOM, Madigan, Dave Kearney, Jack McGrath, Toner and co some exp too

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 20 Jan 2013, 3:08 pm

We'll still go all out to win the Amlin. There's still money to be made by progressing, even if it doesn't feel very prestigeous for the triple HC champions.

I really want us to win the league though. Repeatadly losing the final is becoming a joke.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 20 Jan 2013, 3:09 pm

meant to say our old lad Niall Morris over at Leicester is really doing well, has himself a starting spot on the right wing

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun 20 Jan 2013, 3:50 pm

I though Madigan looked decent at SH for the last few minutes,whipping out passes in front of players.Would there be any chance he would consider becoming like a French halfback who can interchange between 9 and 10,it would give him a much better chance of becming a 1st teamer.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Sun 20 Jan 2013, 4:02 pm

Waps? Maybe? I think?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 20 Jan 2013, 4:15 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:meant to say our old lad Niall Morris over at Leicester is really doing well, has himself a starting spot on the right wing
He's solid, thats about it. Shane Monahan is a lot more dynamic imo.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 20 Jan 2013, 6:01 pm

Leinster fans Hug

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 20 Jan 2013, 7:31 pm

Jeez hard luck lads...gutted for ye.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sun 20 Jan 2013, 7:42 pm

DOD wrote:Jeez hard luck lads...gutted for ye.
Laugh

Classier than I expected.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AGolfingGuy Mon 21 Jan 2013, 2:21 am

For me, this was a very flat and dull season where Leinster's season never got off the ground, mainly (although I hate to be one of those people who persistently harp on about injuries) due to a depleted squad through injury.

Would love to see Leinster face Clermont again with a full deck to chose fro like they had i.e BOD, Fitz, Kearney and SOB with not just one game under his belt!

Gutted that Munster pipped us into the quarters cos Leinster are purring at the minute and are beginning to look like their old selves. If they had scraped into the quarters I ould have put money on them to put away Quins away, and a decent bet to go all the way.

AGolfingGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:21 am

Feel sorry for Wasps, top their pool and then have Leinster come crashing down in to the play offs to face them.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:49 am

"Moment of the Day" - Watching a load of Leinster fans walk into a certain club in Gandy Street at 11.30 in the morning, only to come hurrying out a couple of seconds later. (Clue - think Blue Oyster bar). Pricelesss!

Brilliant to see so many of you lads come over, great support at a chilly SP!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:19 am

AGolfingGuy wrote:For me, this was a very flat and dull season where Leinster's season never got off the ground, mainly (although I hate to be one of those people who persistently harp on about injuries) due to a depleted squad through injury.

Nah its the same for everyone with injuries. Ulster were missing Tommy Bowe, Stephen Ferris, Rory Best etc for key games. Munster had two games without ROG, we didn't have O'Connell for most of it, Earls was missing injured for games.

Everyone has injuries.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:38 am

Two games without ROG. How on earth did you cope?

Not sure that injuries were really to blame for Leinster's poor season but they certainly didnt help. I am however pleased enough how things have gone. Cant win every year. Anyway if the Amlin final was to be Leinster v Toulouse I think it might just draw a lot of interest this year.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:52 am

Agree with you Guns. I think there is huge untapped potential in the Amlin (and the Rabo; but thats another story).
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:00 pm

The final is in the R.D.S. so that would be a nice way to start the weekend.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:30 pm

It is day before the HCup final isnt it? If Leinster made it could it be moved to Aviva?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:43 pm

GunsGerms wrote:It is day before the HCup final isnt it? If Leinster made it could it be moved to Aviva?

No. They is not a chance that they will play a rugby game the day before the Heineken Cup final on the same pitch.

It wont be moved anywhere. Thats like saying would they move the Heineken Cup final to London if you have Saracens v Quins.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:55 pm

red_stag wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:It is day before the HCup final isnt it? If Leinster made it could it be moved to Aviva?

No. They is not a chance that they will play a rugby game the day before the Heineken Cup final on the same pitch.

It wont be moved anywhere. Thats like saying would they move the Heineken Cup final to London if you have Saracens v Quins.

No its not like that at all. Aviva is just down the road from RDS so logistically no issue for those who have already made travel arrangements. The only issue really would be the pitch I assume. I doubt the ERC would be opposed to making more money in a bigger stadium.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 21 Jan 2013, 1:04 pm

Effervescing Elephant wrote:"Moment of the Day" - Watching a load of Leinster fans walk into a certain club in Gandy Street at 11.30 in the morning, only to come hurrying out a couple of seconds later. (Clue - think Blue Oyster bar). Pricelesss!

Brilliant to see so many of you lads come over, great support at a chilly SP!

They didn't go in 'there' did they Shocked

Laugh Laugh

PS - I know Exeter very well; I had to go for work reasons at least once a month. The Well House is my favourite pub.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9