The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broner v Khan?

+26
hogey
Seanusarrilius
azania
tunes666
Gerry SA
Gee
Rodney
Diamond in the rough
John Bloody Wayne
ShahenshahG
Imperial Ghosty
TopHat24/7
sittingringside
manos de piedra
Boxtthis
TRUSSMAN66
eddyfightfan
AlexHuckerby
OasisBFC
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
bellchees
mobilemaster8
LivinginItaly
88Chris05
Soldier_Of_Fortune
superflyweight
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Broner v Khan?   - Page 2 Empty Broner v Khan?

Post by superflyweight Mon 18 Feb 2013, 9:27 am

First topic message reminder :

Even assuming that Burns gets past Vasquez (which I think I he will) I have a feeling that Broner v Burns won't happen. I don't think Burns is necessarily scared of the fight but Warren is down to the bare bones with his stable and I suspect Frank may find a way to avoid the fight and retain the belts for a fighter who is always guaranteed to sell out in Glasgow and is generally in entertaining fights.

Broner has said that if the fight doesn't happen he will move to light welter. Supposing that happens, a fight between Broner (the up and coming star) and Khan (a genuinely entertaining PPV draw) makes a lot of sense for everyone. Should it happen, lets say late 2013 or early 2014, how do we see it going?

I have to confess, I haven't see a huge amount of Broner but I'd have to make him the favourite, particularly as I see him carrying up the power with him to at least one more weight (I suspect it probably be there up at 147lbs as well). Khan is fast enough and rangy enough to keep Broner honest but with the accuracy and power that Broner has in either hand, I see him eventually nailing one on Khan's chin and Khan's survival instincts just won't cut it against someone who looks like a top class finisher.

I'm not totally convinced by Broner and I think he's still some way behind Floyd, Donaire and Ward in the pound for pound stakes but a fight against Khan would be a good indicator of just how good he is.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Broner v Khan?   - Page 2 Empty Re: Broner v Khan?

Post by azania Thu 21 Feb 2013, 2:25 pm

Even if Khan had a chin like Hagler he would still lose. Broner is just too good for anyone below 147.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 21 Feb 2013, 3:50 pm

I think Khan caused Broner some issues, tbh. Not saying he wins, but he has some really good speed and if he could put it on Broner and tighten up his defence, he might make Broner struggle for a while.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 21 Feb 2013, 4:16 pm

I agree, Broner needs to face someone like Khan that can cause him some genuine problems in order for him to progress to the next level and become wise to certain things. Much like Floyd did with Castillo.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 21 Feb 2013, 4:22 pm

I see this similarly to floyd/zab fight. A couple of rounds for broner to figure him out and adjust to the speed before closing the show in the 3rd. Hope I'm wrong as I can't tolerate the fake showmanship of Broner. He is too contrived.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 21 Feb 2013, 5:32 pm

I would have thought you'd be right up Broner's bum with your whole"The sport needs personlaities"

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 21 Feb 2013, 8:02 pm

Rees said he was good for boxing. I agree. Just don't like his "I want to be controversial" vibe. Its fake.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 21 Feb 2013, 8:27 pm

But you love arrogant arris-holes??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 21 Feb 2013, 8:31 pm

If that arrogance is natural as opposed to contrived. You guys see everything in black and white.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 21 Feb 2013, 9:11 pm

Maybe Broner should spit in a face.... brawl in public..or slap his girlfriend about....

Then he'll lose the contrived tag and win certain people over!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 21 Feb 2013, 9:19 pm

The difference is, that is chisora being himself. No pretences. Broner is actively seeking a controversial persona. Fake.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 22 Feb 2013, 8:19 am

Don't like Broner the man, as he seems a thoroughly unpleasant individual, but as a fighter he is on a different level to Khan. Khan is decent but over hyped and has been found wanting against top level opposition on a few occasions. Broner is already the complete package at 23 yrs old miles ahead of those that have beaten Khan and clearly has a big enough frame to go up a couple of weight divisions with no issues. I would love Khan to beat and shut his big gob for up for once but sadly for me, Broner stops or KOs Khan in 3-4 rounds.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 22 Feb 2013, 9:04 am

azania wrote:I am actively seeking a controversial persona.

thumbsup

Sorted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 22 Feb 2013, 9:08 am

60 odd responses - think that may be a record for me and certainly beats the 3 or 4 responses I got on 606 for my article about boxing booths. If only I'd also added something about the colour of each fighter's skin, I'd be laughing all the way to 6 pages.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri 22 Feb 2013, 2:48 pm

Been pretty impressed with Broner in the few fights I've seen him in.
Hard to tell if he beats Khan at the moment, as we're not sure what improvements Khan may have made under Hunter.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 22 Feb 2013, 5:00 pm

chisora is not being himself. he has constantly tried to stir controversy simply for financial game

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 22 Feb 2013, 5:26 pm

The guy's a fruitcake. That isn't an act. You don't slap your missus for money.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 22 Feb 2013, 5:48 pm

no. but you do kiss another fighter, wait until the best moment to slap vitali and walk over and start a half hearted punch up with david haye infront of the cameras. he may have a bad attitude, but he likes to time his moments to cause the biggest stir

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 22 Feb 2013, 5:54 pm

I don't reckon he's contrived. That is who he is. Broner on the other hand probably sits with a PR guru to create an image for himself. But nothing is new or origin. Roy Jones used to rap in his entrances. His brush my hair is silly. If you're looking to contrive something at least make it interesting. But hey, America loves it apparently.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Fri 22 Feb 2013, 7:38 pm

Khan UD 116-112, Broners best opponent is Demarco, who was nothing but tough contender, He is getting overrated, I think he will be rightfully top P4P in 2 years time, but he has to fight someone to have him winning all these fantasy match ups, Khan keeps him at bay at outworks him most of the fight, Garcia and Lucas would beat broner. Rees was average at his best that was 6 years ago, now he's a bum, Broner should have taken him out inside 3, Broner has fought no one that good, how the hell can people say he will beat anyone under 147??, He has huge talent but his hype is bigger

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 22 Feb 2013, 7:44 pm

Well I hope you're correct but I don't see it sadly.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2