The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand v England, Dunedin, 1st Test Thread

+27
LivinginItaly
Taylorman
gboycottnut
Mike Selig
kingraf
kiakahaaotearoa
FerN
alfie
VTR
subhranshu.kumar.5
aucklandlaurie
Pal Joey
hodge
guildfordbat
Hoggy_Bear
NickisBHAFC
Corporalhumblebucket
LondonTiger
Bathman_in_London
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Mad for Chelsea
Good Golly I'm Olly
Biltong
mystiroakey
trebellbobaggins
msp83
Duty281
31 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

New Zealand v England, Dunedin, 1st Test Thread - Page 6 Empty New Zealand v England, Dunedin, 1st Test Thread

Post by Duty281 Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

The three-test series starts at 21:30 GMT tonight. New Zealand are coming into this series very much as the outsiders, after being trounced in South Africa, although they did manage a surprise 1-1 series draw in Sri Lanka not too long ago. England, fresh off a historic series win in India, are very much the favourites and this is the start of a gruelling 15 Tests in the next 10 months against Australasian opposition, in a double Ashes year.

Expected Teams (Cricinfo):

New Zealand 1 Peter Fulton, 2 Hamish Rutherford, 3 Kane Williamson, 4 Ross Taylor, 5 Dean Brownlie, 6 Brendon McCullum (capt), 7 BJ Watling (wk), 8 Tim Southee, 9 Bruce Martin/Ian Butler, 10 Neil Wagner, 11 Trent Boult

England (probable) 1 Alastair Cook (capt), 2 Nick Compton, 3 Jonathan Trott, 4 Kevin Pietersen, 5 Ian Bell, 6 Joe Root, 7 Matt Prior (wk), 8 Stuart Broad, 9 Graeme Swann, 10 James Anderson, 11 Steven Finn

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

New Zealand v England, Dunedin, 1st Test Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: New Zealand v England, Dunedin, 1st Test Thread

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:03 pm

but he is the one who would most likely have to give way, unless they go in with an all seam attack...

Back to top Go down

New Zealand v England, Dunedin, 1st Test Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: New Zealand v England, Dunedin, 1st Test Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:47 pm

CF wrote:but he is the one who would most likely have to give way, unless they go in with an all seam attack...

Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:50 pm

you are a petulant little child.

(for attention of mods, I am reporting all posts like this, but nothing gets done...its blatant spamming!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:51 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:
CF wrote:but he is the one who would most likely have to give way, unless they go in with an all seam attack...

Laugh
nick, I think you need a break from posting all these insightful posts.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:02 pm

Indeed. Beginning to sound like Broken Record

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Eh, Wagner bowled well, but equally England threw away their wickets
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:48 am

Think Wagner will have another chance to impress, Bracewell's ruled out from the 2nd game as well.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:49 am

I just hope KP will be ok. But if he's in any significant discomfort, he should be rested, Bairstow is more than capable, and England would certainly need Pietersen to be fit and firing for that Ashes doubleheader.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:14 am

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Indeed. Beginning to sound like Broken Record

thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6