The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will England score another try in this tournament?

+32
rainbow-warrior
Cyril
maestegmafia
Jimpy
Barney McGrew did it
robbo277
glamorganalun
dragonbreath
lostinwales
gregortree
TJ1
Luckless Pedestrian
HQ matt
Hound_of_Harrow
100%beefy
Pal Joey
Shifty
englandglory4ever
Biltong
ChequeredJersey
Breadvan
mystiroakey
A World Cup and 3 Finals
gelodge
Sgt_Pooly
Duty281
Knowsit17
nathan
Taylorman
Mad for Chelsea
thebluesmancometh
Morgannwg
36 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will England score another try in the 2013 Six Nations?

Will England score another try in this tournament? Vote_lcap64%Will England score another try in this tournament? Vote_rcap 64% 
[ 35 ]
Will England score another try in this tournament? Vote_lcap36%Will England score another try in this tournament? Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 55

Will England score another try in this tournament? Empty Will England score another try in this tournament?

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 4:56 pm

After reading a thread bragging about England scoring tries in the 6 Nations todays England versus Italy game got me wondering, can England score another try in this tournament?

The opposition next week is Wales. Wales have not conceded a try in their last 3 games. In the tournament altogether they have conceded 3 tries (all against Ireland) which is the second best record in 6 Nations history; behind Wales' record of 2 and just ahead of England's record of 4. So far England have scored just 5 tries in the 2013 tournament. Going into todays game the fans claimed they would put a cricket score on Italy.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Will England score another try in this tournament? Empty Re: Will England score another try in this tournament?

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 10 Mar 2013, 4:59 pm

You let yourself down with threadcs like this mate.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Will England score another try in this tournament? Empty Re: Will England score another try in this tournament?

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:01 pm

For goodness sake! Why do you have to turn constructive debates into an arguement?! The facts are irrefutable so critique or agree.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:04 pm

another pathetic WUM attempt by Morg who seems to have taken over the WUM in chief role since view disappeared. Oh well...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:13 pm

Yes but how many have they scored. All round the numbers are pathetic. The poll should have been will ANYONE score a try this tournament, because in this tournament its an endangered spieces.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:15 pm

The fact is Wales haven't conceded tries in their last three games and England have scored just 5 in this tournament which is surprisingly low for them. I don't see what the problem is with highlighting these facts. This is a 6 Nations title on the line here.

Will England be confident next week? Do they need to force a few changes to the starting lineup?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:16 pm

Taylorman wrote:Yes but how many have they scored. All round the numbers are pathetic. The poll should have been will ANYONE score a try this tournament, because in this tournament its an endangered spieces.

Bit like the good SH refs?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:17 pm

Morgannwg wrote:The fact is Wales haven't conceded tries in their last three games and England have scored just 5 in this tournament which is surprisingly low for them. I don't see what the problem is with highlighting these facts. This is a 6 Nations title on the line here.

Will England be confident next week? Do they need to force a few changes to the starting lineup?

Mort you know exactly why you posted this thread, your fooling nobody.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:17 pm

Taylorman wrote:Yes but how many have they scored. All round the numbers are pathetic. The poll should have been will ANYONE score a try this tournament, because in this tournament its an endangered spieces.

It certainly is in this years tournament. It has been since England use to put 40+ past everyone. Probably a feat that won't ever be repeated by anyone including England.

Taylor, please take into consideration the OP. Hence me asking the question. Scoring tries next week will be fundamental to Englands title hopes and as I have pointed out they're up against the best defence in the tournament.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:18 pm

Morgannwg wrote:The fact is Wales haven't conceded tries in their last three games and England have scored just 5 in this tournament which is surprisingly low for them. I don't see what the problem is with highlighting these facts. This is a 6 Nations title on the line here.

Morg, its not Wales ability to stop tries as much as it is any sides abilities to score them. Theres a difference. All sides are not scoring. That is not a sign of ALL sides having good defences. Its is a sign of inept finishing skills and abilities. I wouldnt be so proud of that fact.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:28 pm

Morgannwg wrote:For goodness sake! Why do you have to turn constructive debates into an arguement?! The facts are irrefutable so critique or agree.

And what exactly constitutes constructive debate in the act of singling out the same team over and over again and asking a different yet equally pointless and provocative question every time? If anything your conduct is highly destructive to the functioning of forums like this. People are just wise to it now and hopefully don't take it upon themselves to bite that often. I feel undignified even lending this article my attention.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:29 pm

Taylor, you've totally missed the point of this thread. If you want to slag off the 6 Nations there are other threads for that. One was created by a fellow Kiwi of yours. The facts here are irrefutable. Again I would refer you to the OP and previous commentary but all of that seems lost on you.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:31 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:For goodness sake! Why do you have to turn constructive debates into an arguement?! The facts are irrefutable so critique or agree.

And what exactly constitutes constructive debate in the act of singling out the same team over and over again and asking a different yet equally pointless and provocative question every time? If anything your conduct is highly destructive to the functioning of forums like this. People are just wise to it now and hopefully don't take it upon themselves to bite that often. I feel undignified even lending this article my attention.

Sigh. Read the OP. Scoring tries against the best defence in the tournament is a fundamental to England's cause. Sir Clive and Inverdale agree. If you can't answer the question don't comment on this thread.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:35 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
Knowsit17 wrote:

Sigh. Read the OP. Scoring tries against the best defence in the tournament is a fundamental to England's cause. Sir Clive and Inverdale agree. If you can't answer the question don't comment on this thread.

England can't score tries past themselves! Ireland are the 2nd best defence in the tournament, so I have no clue what you're on about.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:39 pm

Wales have conceded 3 tries. Ireland have conceded 4. England have conceded 4. You were right about Ireland having the second best defence in the tourny though Wink.

Last edited by Morgannwg on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:40 pm

I think he means "best defense" in terms of tries conceded, not points. The thing is, this shows Wales have a tendency to concede penalties, and England have a tendency to kick penalties, so we could well see England not scoring a try but still winning.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:41 pm

Great article, you have a really odd fascination with knocking the English constantly. A poor performance and suddenly 2 unfunny articles appear.

You're either very sad or very stupid.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:41 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:I think he means "best defense" in terms of tries conceded, not points. The thing is, this shows Wales have a tendency to concede penalties, and England have a tendency to kick penalties, so we could well see England not scoring a try but still winning.

That's true, but down to the poor ref's we have had. Joubert and Clancy picard.

Any idea who is taking charge of the game next week? Plays say Walsh.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:42 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Taylor, you've totally missed the point of this thread. If you want to slag off the 6 Nations there are other threads for that. One was created by a fellow Kiwi of yours. The facts here are irrefutable. Again I would refer you to the OP and previous commentary but all of that seems lost on you.

Ok Morg...No. England wont score a try...and neither will Wales. That is the most likeliest outcome.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:43 pm

In short no!
Lets remember the one against France was illegal, the Kiwi prop knocked it out of the ruck and the Samoan was in front of him picked it up and scored.

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:44 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Great article, you have a really odd fascination with knocking the English constantly. A poor performance and suddenly 2 unfunny articles appear.

You're either very sad or very stupid.

Or both, that would be my bet...

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:44 pm

We have Poite next week,it will be a low scoring pathetic game with him in the middle

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:44 pm

Taylorman wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:Taylor, you've totally missed the point of this thread. If you want to slag off the 6 Nations there are other threads for that. One was created by a fellow Kiwi of yours. The facts here are irrefutable. Again I would refer you to the OP and previous commentary but all of that seems lost on you.

Ok Morg...No. England wont score a try...and neither will Wales. That is the most likeliest outcome.

You're actually onto something here.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:46 pm

viewtothegym wrote:In short no!
Lets remember the one against France was illegal, the Kiwi prop knocked it out of the ruck and the Samoan was in front of him picked it up and scored.

The voice of reason as always view. I knew you would return. It's a shame people have to resort to childish insults when you point out some facts for the purpose of a constructive debate. These people should stay away from the TV and online forums.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:46 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

Its actually been my point all along. The lack of try scoring is not limited to England. Wales are just as good at it.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:48 pm

Taylorman wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

Its actually been my point all along. The lack of try scoring is not limited to England. Wales are just as good at it.

Except Morg deemed it more interesting to solely discuss the tournament favourites in that regard.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by gelodge Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:57 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

Except Morg deemed it more interesting to solely discuss the tournament favourites in that regard.

Are you seriously referring to yourself in the third person, or did you just forget to change accounts?

gelodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:58 pm

You're right I forgot to change accounts. I'm clearly still in 'Roger Lewis/3rdgrandslamcoming' mode. Please stay on topic folks.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 10 Mar 2013, 5:59 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

Sorry Morg...didnt realise this post was actually meant to be 'interesting'. Youre very deceptive. I thought it was a pitiful jealous little dig at ones neighbour who'd just received some bad news. So I'll leave you to your interesting thread. Sign of things to come I see for this week. You should run a poll on who will be most likeliest to be barred first. But then again...you might not be able to post the result. Have a good week Morg. And good luck with next week.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:00 pm

I see you took my advice Morg, welcome back view Wink

Don't you worry that the only person who agrees with you is yourself?

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:05 pm

Oh look a 45 year old who lives somewhere in France,who thinks England won a world cup and also made it to three other finals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:49 pm

14 people say yes, I've only one question for you lot; have you even taken into account the facts I have posted for your consideration?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:02 pm

Taylor sorry about getting your hopes up yo.. No trys for england. I have no idea how we didnt get one over.. but yep its lame..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:02 pm

I posted no based on your facts morg clap

Quite on here tonight, looks like the England fans have gone back to the Football boards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:03 pm

Grannygate alert!
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:05 pm

I think we'll score again. Have to be helluva lot more composed and clinical than today tho.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:05 pm

Why does Morg now refer to himself in the 3rd person? Does he have DPD?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:07 pm

Breadvan wrote:

Grannygate alert!
Typical English talking about the past, talk about the now for a change. Right now Wales are the Champs and England seem to be the adoptive nation for players looking for a quick buck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:10 pm

Unfortunately negative content does not always encourage constructive debate.

Rather than focusing on the negative, the positives should be brought to the attention of the reader as well.

Such as the fact that England is unbeaten, and irrespective of a couple of poor performances still manages to win.

The question should be what can they do to continue their unbeaten form, which is what brought them here.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:11 pm

Not really. Just can't fathom how you can slate our foreign born, yet qualified,players when what went on back in the day G Henry was winning all those games with you know who....
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:12 pm

Biltong wrote:Unfortunately negative content does not always encourage constructive debate.

Rather than focusing on the negative, the positives should be brought to the attention of the reader as well.

Such as the fact that England is unbeaten, and irrespective of a couple of poor performances still manages to win.

The question should be what can they do to continue their unbeaten form, which is what brought them here.

I think you just wasted 1 minute of your life mate trying to bring reason to the boards today OK

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:14 pm

The immediate answer might be: keep nailing their kicks and limit the amount of pens given away to the opposition. Or if that fails, hope the opposition miss their kicks.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:14 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:
Biltong wrote:Unfortunately negative content does not always encourage constructive debate.

I think you just wasted 1 minute of your life mate trying to bring reason to the boards today OK
took a bit longer, I am on the Ipad and only using one finger. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:24 pm

Biltong wrote:

That's not the question in this thread.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:26 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
Biltong wrote:

That's not the question in this thread.
no it's not, I am adding additional points of debate.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:27 pm

Biltong wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:

More fool you, the Ipad should be reserved for angry birds and blue movies when the missus is in bed and your under the cover... Whistle

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:35 pm

Oh dear another pathetic attempt at a wum from a serial wummer. We could do with someone coming on here and calling him a complete Muppet so that the thread gets locked.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:37 pm

Sigh, the keyboard warriors are back. The facts are irrefutable.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 10 Mar 2013, 8:02 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:
Biltong wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:

More fool you, the Ipad should be reserved for angry birds and blue movies when the missus is in bed and your under the cover... Whistle
done with Angry birds, now play pool on it
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 8:03 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:
Biltong wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:

Lol married life eh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next