The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will England score another try in this tournament?

+32
rainbow-warrior
Cyril
maestegmafia
Jimpy
Barney McGrew did it
robbo277
glamorganalun
dragonbreath
lostinwales
gregortree
TJ1
Luckless Pedestrian
HQ matt
Hound_of_Harrow
100%beefy
Pal Joey
Shifty
englandglory4ever
Biltong
ChequeredJersey
Breadvan
mystiroakey
A World Cup and 3 Finals
gelodge
Sgt_Pooly
Duty281
Knowsit17
nathan
Taylorman
Mad for Chelsea
thebluesmancometh
Morgannwg
36 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will England score another try in the 2013 Six Nations?

Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 2 Vote_lcap64%Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 64% 
[ 35 ]
Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 55

Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 2 Empty Will England score another try in this tournament?

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 4:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

After reading a thread bragging about England scoring tries in the 6 Nations todays England versus Italy game got me wondering, can England score another try in this tournament?

The opposition next week is Wales. Wales have not conceded a try in their last 3 games. In the tournament altogether they have conceded 3 tries (all against Ireland) which is the second best record in 6 Nations history; behind Wales' record of 2 and just ahead of England's record of 4. So far England have scored just 5 tries in the 2013 tournament. Going into todays game the fans claimed they would put a cricket score on Italy.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will England score another try in this tournament?

Post by Shifty Sun 10 Mar 2013, 8:11 pm

Yes I think they will, Wales have a solid defense bu I think England will get one try in Cardiff.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will England score another try in this tournament?

Post by Pal Joey Sun 10 Mar 2013, 9:54 pm

I can see England getting at least one, possibly two (or more) tries in Cardiff.

I think Wales might score one as well... but no more!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Sun 10 Mar 2013, 9:55 pm

Linebreaker wrote:I can see England getting at least one, possibly two (or more) tries in Cardiff.

I think Wales might score one as well... but no more!

You must have very large crystal balls

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 10 Mar 2013, 9:59 pm

Yes I do.
The House of Lancaster will up the ante and get the team to spend more time practicing elementary ball-handling skills.

Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 10 Mar 2013, 10:49 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Taylorman wrote:Yes but how many have they scored. All round the numbers are pathetic. The poll should have been will ANYONE score a try this tournament, because in this tournament its an endangered spieces.

Taylor sorry about getting your hopes up yo.. No trys for england. I have no idea how we didnt get one over.. but yep its lame..

No worries, I actually enjoyed the game and lots of chances went awry. Perhaps its just that sides have got so good at defending you need those special individuals and combinations that can break a game open. That will be Gatlands dilemma. Which are his main attacking weapons- the loosies and the midfield will decide the series with most else being even (assuming both sides have reasonable 10's/ goalkickers that is).

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 11:37 pm

Votes coming in thick and fast. Are these the same fans who voted for a Scotland win this weekend?

Yahoo
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 11 Mar 2013, 12:44 am

Morgannwg wrote:
viewtothegym wrote:In short no!
Lets remember the one against France was illegal, the Kiwi prop knocked it out of the ruck and the Samoan was in front of him picked it up and scored.

The voice of reason as always view. I knew you would return. It's a shame people have to resort to childish insults when you point out some facts for the purpose of a constructive debate. These people should stay away from the TV and online forums.

Grand. I'll leave the pair of of you to it, seeing as you are both 'the voice of reason'. No one else needs to bother do they.

Sorry, I couldn't be *rsed to read the rest of this.

I'm off to Rolling Maul for some proper rugby discussion.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 11 Mar 2013, 6:46 am

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Lets remember the one against France was illegal, the Kiwi prop knocked it out of the ruck and the Samoan was in front of him picked it up and scored.

The voice of reason as always view. I knew you would return. It's a shame people have to resort to childish insults when you point out some facts for the purpose of a constructive debate. These people should stay away from the TV and online forums.

Grand. I'll leave the pair of of you to it, seeing as you are both 'the voice of reason'. No one else needs to bother do they.

Poor old mikeyphil. For years Morg/WLG lived up his backside and now he's up views. No loyalty these days...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by HQ matt Mon 11 Mar 2013, 7:29 am

morgan I would question your intent as not looking to strike up interesting debate but rather get at england fans after a poor performance by their team.

However, I think you are actually well within your rights to point out the fact England have struggled to score tries since the opening game. I think most people will agree england looked good against scotland and the expectation was for them to go on and have a great tournament, it hasnt quite worked out that way.

The ireland and france games were tactical affairs and i think england chose to play a tight game (as did the opposition), correctly in my opinion. But yesterday the intent was definately there to attack and get the ball wide quickly, with some success too as the italian line was breached, but execution and composure were lacking. Also the italians countered very well off turnover ball, this put englands attack under pressure, every time a move broke down the italians punished them, gained territory and eventually forced their way back into the game.

englands biggest asset is still their defence, we know they can score tries but they have some way to go before they are consistent in attack (i dont think the number of personnel changes helped yesterday).

Sorry taylorman if our 6 nations is boring you, im afraid it will be another low scoring affair next week with both sides able to win the tournament risk taking will be low.

HQ matt

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 11 Mar 2013, 10:09 am

Yes, England will score another try in the tournament: Farrell kicks a penalty to the corner, England win their lineout ball (of course, Wales don't challenge the opposition throw) and their driving maul gets over the line.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 10:20 am

Guys - report the trolls and then ignore them. the whole thread is a clear windup - don't answer him. He will soon get bored if no one bites

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 11 Mar 2013, 11:09 am

Morgannwg wrote:Taylor, you've totally missed the point of this thread. If you want to slag off the 6 Nations there are other threads for that. One was created by a fellow Kiwi of yours. The facts here are irrefutable. Again I would refer you to the OP and previous commentary but all of that seems lost on you.

..... which is, Taylor, to indulge Morg's obsession to 'slag off' in his phrase, anything English, based on any old irrefutable 'factoid' (relevance not important) on which to hang his 'point'. Poor old Morg would be lost without England as he'd have little to talk about.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Mon 11 Mar 2013, 11:13 am

Breadvan wrote:
Hound_of_Harrow wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

Poor old mikeyphil. For years Morg/WLG lived up his backside and now he's up views. No loyalty these days...

Don't you mean up his own backside? Come on folks, view and morg are one of the same

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 11:34 pm

A World Cup and 3 Finals wrote:
Breadvan wrote:
Hound_of_Harrow wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

Don't you mean up his own backside? Come on folks, view and morg are one of the same
Wrong,

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 12 Mar 2013, 12:52 am

I tend to think view tries to be dogmatic and hard - and just comes across as funny. Morg tries to be funny and fails dismally. They are different

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Tue 12 Mar 2013, 2:40 pm

Lets hope not eh

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 12 Mar 2013, 5:59 pm

TJ wrote:Guys - report the trolls and then ignore them. the whole thread is a clear windup - don't answer him. He will soon get bored if no one bites

You're asking posters to report me on every single thread. Grow up and stop being a baby. People have different opinions to you, which you need to learn to deal with. Also, the admins take action against those abusing the reporting facility. Just to warn you.

Crying or Very sad furious boxing
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue 12 Mar 2013, 7:31 pm

Wales this year only play attacking rugby when they are a long way behind e.g., Ireland resulting in scoring three tries in the second half.

England have not scored many tries this yer compared to last year because the opposition have stopped giving interception tries away. As long as Wales don't get charged down or give an interception England will have to rely on penalties. Wales save their best for the last 15 mins of each game implying they are fitter than the teams they have played to date in the 6N. Going by the Italy game it may be a difficult last 15mins for England if the game is close.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 7:52 pm

England have scored a perfectly average number of tries for this tournament, as 5 is the mean (to 1 sig. fig), the median and the co-mode (along with 4) in terms of tries scored.

England have scored 60 points from penalties, the highest of any team in the Six Nations - and more points than three of the teams have managed in total. Wales, despite only conceding 3 tries, have only the third best defence in the Six Nations. Wales have conceded a large number of points from penalties in the Six Nations with 42 (14 penalties) - Italy have also conceded 42, while Scotland have conceded 45.

Let's say England do not score another try, it wouldn't be surprising to see us score around 15 points with the boot. Wales would then have to score 22 points to win the Championship, and this England team haven't yielded over 20 points in any Six Nations game so far - best overall defence in the Six Nations. Wales would have to score at least 4 times for this to happen - only Scotland have managed this so far against England and their 4 scores only brought 18 points.

With England freely scoring with the boot, shutting Wales out and Wales chasing a Championship in front of a home crowd, holes could appear in the Welsh defence and opportunities that weren't presenting themselves against teams coming to Twickenham and trying to limit the damage could open up for England. So it is then perfectly possible that tries will be scored in the later stages of the game, securing our first Grand Slam victory in Cardiff.

Or that's the plan, at least! Wink

Last edited by robbo277 on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 12 Mar 2013, 7:54 pm

Be sweet to score a few on Saturday. It would shut the f _ up some of the whingers one meets.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:00 pm

Wales have conceded a large number of points from penalties in the Six Nations with 42 (14 penalties)

Well that's not surprising when you have Joubert. That guy hates Wales.

gregor, a loss wouldn't shut up any English whingers now would it. It would likely see you all blaming the ref as per.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:01 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
Wales have conceded a large number of points from penalties in the Six Nations with 42 (14 penalties)

gregor, a loss wouldn't shut up any English whingers now would it. It would likely see you all blaming the ref as per.

Laugh Laugh Laugh

Read that back to yourself!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:02 pm

Morgannwg wrote:

Hates Wales enough to award them 10 kickable penalties themselves?

Agree with Duty there as well, the juxtaposition of your two comments is amazing.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:05 pm

robbo277 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

Hates Wales enough to award them 10 kickable penalties themselves?

Agree with Duty there as well, the juxtaposition of your two comments is amazing.

When we've played against Aus and NZ. Have to admit was evenly poor for both on saturday. Worst refereeing I've seen in years.

Don't be such whingers guys, it's not attractive.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:07 pm

Juxtaposition is a very techinical term.

I would just go for irony.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:09 pm

Irony is a term overused by England fans, particulary Jimpy when he's lost an arguement.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:09 pm

well your comment was a bit ironic dude!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:11 pm

I thought it was accurate. England haven't lost yet, but have blamed the ref for each one of Wales' victories. Just imagine how bad it's gonna get when England lose this saturday!
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:12 pm

Gotta be honest mogs. I havent heard that banded about at all

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:26 pm

[quote="Morgannwg"]
......Grow up and stop being a baby......

............Well that's not surprising when you have Joubert. That guy hates Wales.

gregor, a loss wouldn't shut up any English whingers now would it. It would likely see you all blaming the ref as per.......

..........Don't be such whingers guys, it's not attractive......

Are you studying for a GCSE in Irony? You'll do very well.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:27 pm

Broken Record
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:29 pm

Why do you guys have to insult one another all the time?

You're a baby

No you're a whinger

No you're a wum

Ad infinitum.

It becomes incredibly boring and really doesn't bring anything positive to a discussion.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:36 pm

I post facts. I'm often on the receiving end of insults for doing so. If I referred to someone as a baby then they must have been acting like one Smile. If I refer to myself in third person, it means Morg is crazy Smile.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:44 pm

Yes, but think about it this way, one person starts calling another names, what happens?

It escalates, then it becomes a to and fro of insults which makes the entire thread unpleasant for those who just want to discuss rugby.

It is noticable that when the name calling and insults start that threads are left alone very quickly by those who want to have a constructive debate.

Eventually it is only frequented by those who wants to get the frustration of the day off their chest as they know exactly where to go for a response.

The positive posters are dwindling, I am sure you must have noticed that many of theregualrs simply don't post during the Six Nations, simply because no thread is safe from insults and negative comment.

It just doesn't make sense to me that someone will come on here to entice others with no inclination of keeping it clean.

By the way Morg, this is not directed at you only, but all those who continually disrupt threads.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 12 Mar 2013, 8:52 pm

I don't know where you find the energy to constantly wind people up Morg, it's an extremely sad but also impressive trait.

You remind me of a Wum version of an energiser bunny.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:15 pm

Back to the OP then.
Ashton is overdue a try or two.
Be sweet to see him running off the shoulder of say Croft or Launchbury for a signature 15 metre splashdown. What a treat for all the fans on Saturday to see an AshSplash at the Millie Laugh

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:51 pm

Well at least you're impressed Pooly.

Ashton scoring a try on saturday? Not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening!
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:53 pm

I'd be more impressed if Ashton nailed a tackle tbh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:54 pm

gregortree wrote:Back to the OP then.
Ashton is overdue a try or two.
Be sweet to see him running off the shoulder of say Croft or Launchbury for a signature 15 metre splashdown. What a treat for all the fans on Saturday to see an AshSplash at the Millie Laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZFz6jM2-bY

Like that one you mean? It's a shame but I can't see Ashton doing it on Saturday.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:58 pm

When England last came to town they managed to dominate position and territory and still lose by ten points. You'll have to a lot better to win on saturday.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:02 pm

I'd discount that game Morg, it was a warm up for WC and not played at full tempo.

We did turn you over in the last fully competitive game at the MS so all isn't lost

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:03 pm

Morgannwg wrote:When England last came to town they managed to dominate position and territory and still lose by ten points. You'll have to a lot better to win on saturday.

No worries. Just had a look at that England side in that World-cup warm up game. Banahan, Hape, Cueto, Fourie and Easter all started. Yards of improvement since then.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:05 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:I'd discount that game Morg, it was a warm up for WC and not played at full tempo.

We did turn you over in the last fully competitive game at the MS so all isn't lost

picard

Once youve responded to Morg in anything other than a polite, concise and honest way you've officially lost. Why let yourself get dragged down to Poopie throwing?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:08 pm

I wasn't digging??? It was an honest post, it was a bit of a write off game.

The 2 6N games with us beating each in own backyards are a much better indication than that game.

I remember it being bloody awful too

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:08 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:I'd discount that game Morg, it was a warm up for WC and not played at full tempo.

Dearie me, another devalued win then.

Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:When England last came to town they managed to dominate position and territory and still lose by ten points. You'll have to a lot better to win on saturday.

No worries. Just had a look at that England side in that World-cup warm up game. Banahan, Hape, Cueto, Fourie and Easter all started. Yards of improvement since then.

Yes that is true. These lot were also involved in the 'last fully competitve game at the MS' that Pooly refers to.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:12 pm

I bet it was you Morg/WLG who first mentioned devalued on here or the old 606??
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:13 pm

That game on the weekend was probably just 'one of those days' for England where they were 'brought down to a lower level' by the desperation of Italy - who had nothing to lose and were primed to disrupt the chariot. But it still limped to its destination...
We saw what England was capable of against the ABs... plenty of line breaks and fluent back-line play leading to plenty of tries.

Against Italy - there seemed to be a portent that the game would be close. Resting key players, an injury or two, disjointed passing or players crossing lines during the match. Full marks to Italy who exploited the situation and were perhaps teetering on the edge of being offside in rushing up in defence (all teams do a bit of that) and that seemed to rattle England somewhat. You can imagine England sweeping up and down the field in their training sessions... but in that particular game situation - not much came off. It happens from time to time.

So with that in mind; I can see them addressing those minor problems and ensuring they will play better against Wales. They'll be up for it (and so will Wales) but I think they'll at least score once through the forwards and once through the backs.

Last edited by Linebreaker on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:14 pm

I don't why I bothered getting into a sensible debate, I should have known better.

Such a douche picard

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:18 pm

Breadvan wrote:I bet it was you Morg/WLG who first mentioned devalued on here or the old 606??

It was never Morg. The English started it since 2005. When we won again in 2008 Moffets Ghost was the response to that. The English give it out but can't take it.

Why don't you stop dragging this off topic, you and bluesman can urine off to another thread if you're going to do that.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:23 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:I don't why I bothered getting into a sensible debate, I should have known better.

Such a douche picard
and here we go again.

How difficult is it to comment on a post without being insulting?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next