The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will England score another try in this tournament?

+32
rainbow-warrior
Cyril
maestegmafia
Jimpy
Barney McGrew did it
robbo277
glamorganalun
dragonbreath
lostinwales
gregortree
TJ1
Luckless Pedestrian
HQ matt
Hound_of_Harrow
100%beefy
Pal Joey
Shifty
englandglory4ever
Biltong
ChequeredJersey
Breadvan
mystiroakey
A World Cup and 3 Finals
gelodge
Sgt_Pooly
Duty281
Knowsit17
nathan
Taylorman
Mad for Chelsea
thebluesmancometh
Morgannwg
36 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Will England score another try in the 2013 Six Nations?

Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 4 Vote_lcap64%Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 64% 
[ 35 ]
Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 4 Vote_lcap36%Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 55

Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 4 Empty Will England score another try in this tournament?

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar 2013, 4:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

After reading a thread bragging about England scoring tries in the 6 Nations todays England versus Italy game got me wondering, can England score another try in this tournament?

The opposition next week is Wales. Wales have not conceded a try in their last 3 games. In the tournament altogether they have conceded 3 tries (all against Ireland) which is the second best record in 6 Nations history; behind Wales' record of 2 and just ahead of England's record of 4. So far England have scored just 5 tries in the 2013 tournament. Going into todays game the fans claimed they would put a cricket score on Italy.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 4 Empty Re: Will England score another try in this tournament?

Post by Biltong Wed 13 Mar 2013, 9:19 pm

Oh yes, he did my prodigy.

And he ran straight.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 4 Empty Re: Will England score another try in this tournament?

Post by sickofwendy Wed 13 Mar 2013, 9:34 pm

He used the force Very Happy

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:35 am

Biltong wrote:Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 4 Smiley-sw018

Thats just brilliant!

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:39 am

Biltong,
please use the force in support of another try by your protégé Brad 'Trywalker' Barrit on Saturday.
As St Francis did not say:
Even though their roofs shall be closed unto you, yea, the force will still be with you Brad.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:09 am

I am behind you guys all the way this weekend mate. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:16 am

Yeah, roo behind 3 lions in white too. Whistle

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:19 am

Linebreaker wrote:Yeah, roo behind 3 lions in white too. Whistle
Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:21 am

Too much petrol mate.

Besides, Wales is only 2-stroke with those key players missing up front.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:26 am

Linebreaker wrote:Too much petrol mate.

Besides, Wales is only 2-stroke with those key players missing up front.

Headscratch

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:37 am

Hadn't thought of that had you, blues? Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:41 am

Linebreaker wrote:Hadn't thought of that had you, blues? Wink

Youve totally lost me mate, firstly I hadn't heard the phrase 2 stroke since my old man used it in '97, and secondly who are Wales missing up front?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:56 am

LineBreak Roo,
I think we are grateful for your opaque antipodaen support. Headscratch

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 14 Mar 2013, 11:26 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:

Youve totally lost me mate, firstly I hadn't heard the phrase 2 stroke since my old man used it in '97, and secondly who are Wales missing up front?

Someone to control Walsh. I just have a feeling he'll let England get a roll on.

England should have the edge with Haskell and Robshaw taking advantage of Ryan Jones' absence and there seems to be some uncertainty as to what combination Wales should play against them.

Last edited by Linebreaker on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 14 Mar 2013, 11:28 am

England back row Croft Robshaw Wood

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 14 Mar 2013, 11:31 am

Linebreaker wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:

Someone to control Walsh. I just have a feeling he'll let England get a roll on.

England should have the edge with Haskell and Robshaw taking advantage of Ryan Jones' absence and there seems to be some uncertainty as to what combination Wales should play against them.

Ye I would agree Haskell might be able to do some damage but theyve ditched him for another non ball carrying back rower, England probably have the least carrying back row options starting, which might actually be quite clever, Youngs, Marler and Cole will carry fine, it's breakdown security that may be the problem, and with Wood, Robshaw and Croft there they have it.

I think I@m more worried now than I was if England played Vunipola, Haskell and co to try to dominate us!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 14 Mar 2013, 11:46 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:

Ye I would agree Haskell might be able to do some damage but theyve ditched him for another non ball carrying back rower, England probably have the least carrying back row options starting, which might actually be quite clever, Youngs, Marler and Cole will carry fine, it's breakdown security that may be the problem, and with Wood, Robshaw and Croft there they have it.

I think I@m more worried now than I was if England played Vunipola, Haskell and co to try to dominate us!!

It must be nerve-wracking!

Then again, your lads could surprise them.

Wales do have that knack of saving the best for last in what should be a cracking atmosphere in the cauldron. If they can get a grip on the early contests and catch England on the back foot then it will certainly set the tone for what could be a memorable day. Smile

One of these sides has to click and I sure hope it's not all attrition and safe, cautious play - and instead they do try to create opportunities and throw some some caution to the wind. I hope it's one of those games.

Both teams need to better use their backs - there's so much promise in both backlines but neither have really set the tournament alight for sustained periods of play.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 14 Mar 2013, 11:53 am

Linebreaker wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:

Wales do have that knack of saving the best for last in what should be a cracking atmosphere in the cauldron. If they can get a grip on the early contests and catch England on the back foot then it will certainly set the tone for what could be a memorable day. Smile

One of these sides has to click and I sure hope it's not all attrition and safe, cautious play - and instead they do try to create opportunities and throw some some caution to the wind. I hope it's one of those games.

Both teams need to better use their backs - there's so much promise in both backlines but neither have really set the tournament alight for sustained periods of play.

The difference between the backlines I think is that Wales have chosen not to use theirs for risk management, and with a big run of losses are happy to play safe and just pick up ugly wins, after all thats whats going to keep Howler in some sort of employment! England have tried to use their backline but everytime they do the wheels come off their gameplan, Scotland and Italy scored tries against them with what are renowned poor creative backs and little cohesion in the backline.

Therefore SL won't want to open up because of whats happened when they do, and Wales will be too nervy to open up and will want to play the safe risk free rugby they have been.

The Welsh set up are more than happy to play the odds and just be 'in it to win it' come last 10, then try for the victory, it makes the game look tight, takes the pressure off the coaches (and onto the players) and keeps people happy when the loss is narrow!!

Wales can win if they start well, put England on the back foot and have them playing catch up rugby from a defecit, however we are notorious for starting slow and ending like a steam train, this will not help us!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 14 Mar 2013, 12:19 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:

The difference between the backlines I think is that Wales have chosen not to use theirs for risk management, and with a big run of losses are happy to play safe and just pick up ugly wins, after all thats whats going to keep Howler in some sort of employment! England have tried to use their backline but everytime they do the wheels come off their gameplan, Scotland and Italy scored tries against them with what are renowned poor creative backs and little cohesion in the backline.

Therefore SL won't want to open up because of whats happened when they do, and Wales will be too nervy to open up and will want to play the safe risk free rugby they have been.

The Welsh set up are more than happy to play the odds and just be 'in it to win it' come last 10, then try for the victory, it makes the game look tight, takes the pressure off the coaches (and onto the players) and keeps people happy when the loss is narrow!!

Wales can win if they start well, put England on the back foot and have them playing catch up rugby from a defecit, however we are notorious for starting slow and ending like a steam train, this will not help us!!!

I tipped Wales by 15... but I tend to do these things weeks out. I once made my HC ones a month and a half before the actual game because I mistook November for December and got it in too early... about 35 days too early! Laugh

However, in the last few days I'm starting to swing towards England... by about 11. So don't take anything I say too seriously!

I still think there will be a few tries (at least 3) but it's still a big ? who will get them.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:11 pm

............ and I will say again after the game......NO.

Yahoo
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:30 pm

clap

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 12:31 am

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh That is all zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4