The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will England score another try in this tournament?

+32
rainbow-warrior
Cyril
maestegmafia
Jimpy
Barney McGrew did it
robbo277
glamorganalun
dragonbreath
lostinwales
gregortree
TJ1
Luckless Pedestrian
HQ matt
Hound_of_Harrow
100%beefy
Pal Joey
Shifty
englandglory4ever
Biltong
ChequeredJersey
Breadvan
mystiroakey
A World Cup and 3 Finals
gelodge
Sgt_Pooly
Duty281
Knowsit17
nathan
Taylorman
Mad for Chelsea
thebluesmancometh
Morgannwg
36 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will England score another try in the 2013 Six Nations?

Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 3 Vote_lcap64%Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 64% 
[ 35 ]
Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 3 Vote_lcap36%Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 55

Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 3 Empty Will England score another try in this tournament?

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Mar - 16:56

First topic message reminder :

After reading a thread bragging about England scoring tries in the 6 Nations todays England versus Italy game got me wondering, can England score another try in this tournament?

The opposition next week is Wales. Wales have not conceded a try in their last 3 games. In the tournament altogether they have conceded 3 tries (all against Ireland) which is the second best record in 6 Nations history; behind Wales' record of 2 and just ahead of England's record of 4. So far England have scored just 5 tries in the 2013 tournament. Going into todays game the fans claimed they would put a cricket score on Italy.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will England score another try in this tournament?

Post by Pal Joey Tue 12 Mar - 22:24

Language Morgs!

Come on, talk about the topic or go to bed... and that goes for all of you.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will England score another try in this tournament?

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 12 Mar - 22:32

"Douche" was actually aimed at myself for trying to enter a sensible debate

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 12 Mar - 22:35

Linebreaker wrote:Language Morgs!

I said urine, not douche (which is french for shower).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 12 Mar - 22:37

douche your mouth mogs!

Hug

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar - 22:52

I think Ashton will score two,Tuilagi will score a hatrick and Robshaw will get two.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 13 Mar - 3:41

Morgannwg wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:Language Morgs!

I said urine, not douche (which is french for shower).

I read what you wrote, morgs... and what Sgt_Pooly wrote.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 13 Mar - 6:55

viewtothegym wrote:I think Ashton will score two,Tuilagi will score a hatrick and Robshaw will get two.

Rolling Eyes

Has View been taken and replaced by an alien

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 13 Mar - 8:57

Back to OP
I see tries for Ashton, Tui, and maybe a 2nd rower, Geoff or Launchbury.
These will not all score, but they are on my shortlist.
On my longer odds list: One of the Youngs, Vunipola.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 13 Mar - 9:06

Morgannwg wrote:Irony is a term overused by England fans, particulary Jimpy when he's lost an arguement.

No, just when the use of the word is correct in context.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 13 Mar - 9:23

'arguement' (sic) - please spellcheck your work - and then try and get back on topic.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 13 Mar - 9:24

This is from the other day. Maybe you can read it and turn this rather pathetic thread around to a decent debate on rugby...?

Stuart Lancaster defends Chris Ashton but admits try-scoring a worry ahead of Six Nations finale

By Mick Cleary for The Telegraph 11 Mar 2013

England head coach Stuart Lancaster says that fly-half Owen Farrell will be fit to face Wales at the Millennium Stadium on Saturday but that there are still lingering doubts about locks Joe Launchbury and Geoff Parling.

Launchbury, who hyperextended his elbow against Italy, is the more troubling and he will miss training on Tuesday, the only session before the England team is named on Thursday.

Parling has a bruised shoulder and will be assessed again on Tuesday while another lock, Courtney Lawes, is expected to have recovered from a bang to his arm in time for training.

Lancaster revealed that with only one full session available to him, there are “unlikely to be wholesale changes”, following a selection meeting on Monday night. Half-back is one area of probable change with Tom Croft coming on to the blindside flank another possibility. A final decision may be deferred until Launchbury’s problems are clarified.

Even though wing Chris Ashton has been under scrutiny in recent weeks, Lancaster rejected the notion that he was being cut slack in selection in contrast to wings such as Ugo Monye or Charlie Sharples who came and went in the autumn.

“I don’t think Chris has been given any special favours,” said Lancaster on Monday as the squad gathered at their Surrey base ahead of travelling to Cardiff on Thursday evening.

“I don’t buy the fact that he is badly out of form. No player had an error-free game on Sunday. Chris did what Chris does well and got into a position where a tip-on pass from Mike Brown would have seen him in under the posts. Most wingers would not get themselves in positions to do those things. He didn’t quite get across the line but sometimes it is not his fault.”

Lancaster admitted that England’s attack needed attention after the team drew a blank in try-scoring for the first time ever against Italy. “We certainly did dip in effectiveness at the weekend but we did create opportunities,” said Lancaster. “Finishing is the issue.”

Gloucester No 8 Ben Morgan, who has not featured since limping off with an ankle injury against Scotland, has been ruled out of contention.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 13 Mar - 9:27

This is the most puerile thread since Morg's last one.

I think some people are getting nervous about the game.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Wed 13 Mar - 9:29

In answer to OP ........................................ Noooooooooooooooo
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 13 Mar - 9:31

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:This is the most puerile thread since Morg's last one.

I think Morganwang is getting nervous about the game.

I've tried to fix that for you.

I think we're all a bit nervous about the game if the truth were known, because it could literally go either way, and there's so much at stake. In Morg's case, this has manifested itself as anti-English vitriol.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 13 Mar - 9:32

To answer the OP.

England may well not score another try in the competition, I would not be at all surprised if that is the case. I suspect we will see a tight affair with try scoring chances at a premium. In all honesty, the this is likely to come down to which 10 can hold his nerve under pressure, as in reality there is little between the two sides. If that is the case, then I would back Farrell 9 times out of 10 to stay more composed than either Biggar or Hook.

I'm going for England to win this one by the skin of our teeth.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Wed 13 Mar - 9:54

Jimpy wrote:

I think we're all a bit nervous about the game if the truth were known, because it could literally go either way, and there's so much at stake. In Morg's case, this has manifested itself as anti-English vitriol.

I suggest that both jimpy and moderators pop over and read his (jimpy's) posts just to see exactly it is who lowers themselves into the depths of vitriol.

Wales are at home and the crowd will be worth 7 points alone. England had their chance to sew up the championship and failed against Italy, they are on the back foot. Mind you even if they had beaten Italy by 50 they still would have been on their back foot this weekend. Last season is fresh in my mind and the whinging of the last second NON TRY..........sweet as Smile
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Wed 13 Mar - 10:01

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Yes, England will score another try in the tournament: Farrell kicks a penalty to the corner, England win their lineout ball (of course, Wales don't challenge the opposition throw) and their driving maul gets over the line.

In fairness not an unlikely sequence of events. I hope Howley is spending time on defending driving mauls as this aspect was poor against Scotland

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperTanker Wed 13 Mar - 11:37

Ozzy3213 wrote:To answer the OP.

England may well not score another try in the competition, I would not be at all surprised if that is the case. I suspect we will see a tight affair with try scoring chances at a premium. In all honesty, the this is likely to come down to which 10 can hold his nerve under pressure, as in reality there is little between the two sides. If that is the case, then I would back Farrell 9 times out of 10 to stay more composed than either Biggar or Hook.

I'm going for England to win this one by the skin of our teeth.

Tend to agree Ozzy, though not so confident of the result. IMHO, one of the main differences (apart from the weather) between the opening weekend (and even the NZ game censored ) was the strong running from the base predominantly by Morgan. Now we continue to play an unbalanced backrow with 3 flankers, we really miss that "go-forward", so with Morgan out again, and Vunipola unlikely to be selected, I don't think England will get sufficient drive to enable fast ball and a platform on which they can attack the try line. Penalties will probably still flow, but they are too unpredictable to rely on, hence I can easily see Wales winning this

SuperTanker

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 13 Mar - 11:54

Whats the betting that Wales get a couple of penalties plus a try or two of staggering beauty/ flooky chance (depending on your nationality) and England get exactly enough penalty kicks to get a win by a point or two.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Wed 13 Mar - 12:56

No tries for England this weekend. Yes they're competitive at home and are able to throw the kitchen sink at a norovirus-stricken ABs, but when it comes to the 6 Nations they constantly fail. I have seen no evidence from this tournament to suggest this time is any different.

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Wed 13 Mar - 12:58

rainbow-warrior wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

I suggest that both jimpy and moderators pop over and read his (jimpy's) posts just to see exactly it is who lowers themselves into the depths of vitriol.

Wales are at home and the crowd will be worth 7 points alone. England had their chance to sew up the championship and failed against Italy, they are on the back foot. Mind you even if they had beaten Italy by 50 they still would have been on their back foot this weekend. Last season is fresh in my mind and the whinging of the last second NON TRY..........sweet as Smile

They still cry about the NON TRY. Hilarious. I wonder how many non tries England will score this weekend. Probably zero non tries, zero moral tries and zero official tries.

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 13 Mar - 13:03

Mikey you are a naughty WUM.
It was Rainbow was crowing about the non try picard , the English have in fact moved on.
We are getting ready to see a delightful AshSplash try at the Millie on Saturday for all fans to enjoy.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 13 Mar - 13:12

This forum is now as riddled with Welsh WUMs as a ship's biscuit with weevils.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 13 Mar - 13:37

.... surely you don't mean a weevilled SeaBiscuit Shocked ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 13 Mar - 13:40

Laugh

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 13 Mar - 13:45

Can we please stop talking about Seabiscuit's weevil? I'm trying to eat my lunch!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar - 13:47

gregortree wrote:Mikey you are a naughty WUM.
It was Rainbow was crowing about the non try picard , the English have in fact moved on.
We are getting ready to see a delightful AshSplash try at the Millie on Saturday for all fans to enjoy.

The guy needs to do something to warrant Lancaster and my faith in him (dream team). Neither of us have the cahoonas to drop him though, as I'm sure there is an AshSplash just waiting to come out.

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar - 13:47

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Can we please stop talking about Seabiscuit's weevil? I'm trying to eat my lunch!

I hope theres no sausage involved!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 13 Mar - 13:50

Chipolatas...

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_philVIII Wed 13 Mar - 14:10

England rugby fans have been wumming since the summer. It's only now when they're on the verge of their next choke that they tone it down. Looks like we have a case of 'give it out but can't take it' again, reminds me of 606 actually.

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 13 Mar - 14:13

mikey_philVIII wrote:England rugby fans have been wumming since the summer. It's only now when they're on the verge of their next choke that they tone it down. Looks like we have a case of 'give it out but can't take it' again, reminds me of 606 actually.

gregortree wrote:Back to OP
I see tries for Ashton, Tui, and maybe a 2nd rower, Geoff or Launchbury.
These will not all score, but they are on my shortlist.
On my longer odds list: One of the Youngs, Vunipola.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 13 Mar - 18:42

mikey_philVIII wrote:England rugby fans have been wumming since the summer. It's only now when they're on the verge of their next choke that they tone it down. Looks like we have a case of 'give it out but can't take it' again, reminds me of 606 actually.

You certainly couldn't after being banned permenatly by a BBC journo for having a tantrum on his blog. That is if you ARE the old mikeyphil...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar - 19:08

Breadvan wrote:

You certainly couldn't after being banned permenatly by a BBC journo for having a tantrum on his blog. That is if you ARE the old mikeyphil...

Laugh Did you really mikey?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 13 Mar - 19:18

Haha good to see you Mikey boy! Who's next, Moffets Ghost?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 13 Mar - 19:19

groan, I guess he'll p!sh off the mods soon enough

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 13 Mar - 19:20

If you are going to contribute nonsense like that, you'll soon find out this isn't 606, but version two, you might think you are getting away with winding up posters, but then.......

You don't
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar - 19:28

Biltong wrote:

If you are going to contribute nonsense like that, you'll soon find out this isn't 606, but version two, you might think you are getting away with winding up posters, but then.......

You don't

dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuun!! You'd have made a great Darth vader Bilt OK

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 13 Mar - 19:30

thebluesmancometh wrote:
Biltong wrote:

You don't

Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 3 Smiley-sw022

Blue, I am your Faaaather.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar - 19:33

Biltong wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:
Biltong wrote:

You don't

Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 3 Smiley-sw022

Blue, I am your Faaaather.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! boxing Hug angel

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 13 Mar - 19:34

Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 3 Smiley-sw018
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar - 19:36

Biltong wrote:Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 3 Smiley-sw018

WOW I'm athletic...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar - 19:38

Biltong wrote:Will England score another try in this tournament? - Page 3 Smiley-sw018

Etcetera.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 13 Mar - 19:38

Very Happy

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 13 Mar - 19:43

Bil, can your son Barritt do that too ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 13 Mar - 19:44

Brad?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar - 19:45

thebluesmancometh wrote:

Etcetera.

Laugh nice

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 13 Mar - 19:46

yes Brad, don't deny him

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 13 Mar - 19:47

gregortree wrote:yes Brad, don't deny him

Why would Brad try? He'd just put his head down and CHARGE... Run

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 13 Mar - 19:50

thebluesmancometh wrote:
gregortree wrote:yes Brad, don't deny him

Why would Brad try? He'd just put his head down and CHARGE... Run
correct, until he becomes a master Jedi, there is little to no finesse, he will handle it the old South African way, the mantra of the shortest route from point A to B, is a straight line. Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 13 Mar - 19:54

Brad started & finished a brilliant try vs the ABs oh master.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next