The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher

+23
Skydriver
GT350
Plunky
pedro
Pal Joey
barragan
ryan86
Fernando
ralphjohn69
Lairdy
1GrumpyGolfer
JPX
mystiroakey
sportform
Seve_The_Great
SmithersJones
princedracula
kwinigolfer
beninho
navyblueshorts
kingraf
Good Golly I'm Olly
Diggers
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 4 Empty PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by Diggers Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

True enough, but always think Phil and Els etc should have won more majors, and maybe still will ! Can't see Paddy sneaking another one though.
Id rather have Cabreras career by the way, just seems a much better story and a lot more fun. That said he is meant to be a bit of a grumpy so and so.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 4 Empty Re: PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by mystiroakey Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:12 pm

Olly

anchoring is the concern.

imagine there was a way to anchor a snooker cue or anchor the way your throw a dart so there is less chance of hitting or throwing something off plane. offcourse you still need to judge the pace and the line, but if you can use the long putter affectively you can eliminate the variance of your stroke

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 4 Empty Re: PGA Tour: HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Masters: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:14 pm

Ah I see, so they anchor it in the belly, allowing them to gain more control with there hands?

Yeah I can see why that should be outlawed
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:21 pm

justin rose isnt that bad a putter IMO. he just had a bad week

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:22 pm

i take it back....... just looked at his "strokes gained" rating on PGATOUR for last few yrs and hes pretty low down.
incidently Adam Scott was 1st in 2004- he wasnt always bad with the short putter!

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairdy Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:30 pm

Justin Rose is suffering from ballstrikingitis - see recent suffers Garcia, Westwood, Weekly, Fisher etc.

It is a condition whereby the patient hits so many greens, presenting themselves with so many birdie putts, that when they don't hole what they see as their fair share their putting starts to suffer and confidence goes. Symptons include high GIR, high expectations, crucial missed putts and long suffering fans. Fortunately there is a cure. Work on putting to detriment of the long game. Your GIR and proximity to the hole may vary more than before but guess what? That doesnt matter as much as you think because GIR or no - you still need to putt that little round thing into the hole!

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:36 pm

You know it's funny, the guys that make the cut and put a good 4 days together but don't win get all the criticism, he can't putt, drive, hasn't got the bottle etc etc

Yet players like McDowell, Poulter, Molinari, Mahan, Harrington, Laird all seem to get off lightly!!

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:39 pm

better to be talked about in any way than not JPX thumbsup

This week the ones you mention are as importanat as we are thumbsup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:41 pm

Good point mysti. I told you I had a feeling for Scott! Have you collected your winnings yet??

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:41 pm

hend085 wrote:i take it back....... just looked at his "strokes gained" rating on PGATOUR for last few yrs and hes pretty low down.
incidently Adam Scott was 1st in 2004- he wasnt always bad with the short putter!

I was saying the same earlier in the week. Diggs straightened me out. He doesnt seem as bad as his stats show in fairness..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:43 pm

JPX wrote:Good point mysti. I told you I had a feeling for Scott! Have you collected your winnings yet??

1.2 k back Smile- 900 banked, 100 lost on poker Sad, 100 on footy bets and 100 saved in the account

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:44 pm

Nice! Very Happy

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:08 pm

Nice mysti!

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 16 Apr 2013, 4:46 pm

Forgot to post this pic last week - Guys just want to have fun:

http://www.golfworldmonday.com/golfworldmonday/20130411?sub_id=m6YFz2X7vbcH#pg6

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4