The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro Division Homepage LIX

+13
Fan Gilhaus
nadeem2099
Bull
Russell_Elmo
Trebs
sodhat
Marky
Hero
cherriesfna
GSC
Fernando
Good Golly I'm Olly
Afro
17 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Euro Division Homepage LIX - Page 10 Empty Euro Division Homepage LIX

Post by Afro Fri 24 May 2013, 2:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Tactics due by 11.59 on Friday 24th May

PLEASE NOTE - this season you will receive a 1 point deduction if you do not submit tactics (as well as a default loss) and a 1 point deduction if you do not vote. If you know in advance you are unable to do either, then you must state so on the Holidays/Days Off page, to avoid the penalties.

Teams in the Premier League, PM tactics to Sodhat and GSC, send votes to Afro and Olly
Teams in the Championship, PM tactics to Afro and Olly, send votes to Sodhat and GSC

Friday 24th May
Final League Game & Cup Final tactics in

Tuesday 28th May
votes for final games in

Wednesday 29th May
new lawyers posted
final results posted via live text
End of Season (£26.5m) TP window open

Tuesday 4th June
End of seasons lawyers posted

Wednesday 5th June
End of Season (£26.5m) TP window closes, results by end of that week depending on GSC

Tuesday 11th June
start of season 3, week 1
new lawyers and injuries posted

Friday 14th June
tactics for first league game due

Tuesday 25th June
TP increase to £27.5m

The Qatar Foundation Premier League

Deportivo la Chorizo - Gregers Under Brescia FC - Afro Bratwurst Mannschaft - Olly Dos Cervezas por favor - Marky No Respek FC - Azzy
FC Brust Sauger - Fan

The Hero Championship

Atalanta Falcons - Sodhat UC Supremazia - Russ FC ElphickForJustice - Cherries Spanish Bank FC - GSC Moleicester City - Fernando
VFL Bassender Steigen - Treble

Last edited by BigFellasAfro on Tue 28 May 2013, 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Euro Division Homepage LIX - Page 10 Empty Re: Euro Division Homepage LIX

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 May 2013, 9:57 am

BigFellasAfro wrote:
Olly wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:If Rickie Lambert can't get an England call up when we're missing Welbeck, Carroll, Sturridge and Bent, he may as well play for Scotland. What a joke - 18 fit players to face Brazil, none of them new faces. Roy = joke.

He'll never get picked, just like Holt wouldn't have. Doesn't play for a fashionable club

Nothing to do with Holt not being good enough then?

He's not good enough now obviously, but Lambert is fo sho
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 30 May 2013, 10:03 am

Even in the season before last, Holt got goals, but I don't think he was good enough for England even then.

I agree on Lambert though.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 May 2013, 10:04 am

I think he was worth a shot in a friendly like last night tbh

We wonder why we do so crap, but it's cos we pick players who are out of form and hardly ever play. The Ox is the perfect example of that last night
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 10:06 am

The Ox has been dreadful ALL SEASON, yet he gets a call up for England ahead of players who have done well this season. Truly baffling.

Lampard doing well though, 6 in 6 now is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 30 May 2013, 10:22 am

Andy Gray just shot down Lineker, with comments along the lines of "if two banks of four is the dark ages, then Bayern and Dortmund are also in the dark ages".

4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 is what England played, same as the current European Champions. The problem is the personnel. Oxlade Chamberlain and Walcott are no Ribery and Robben, and an out of form Rooney is not Thomas Muller.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 30 May 2013, 10:23 am

Dortmund were fairly fluid but Bayern were 4-2-3-1.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 30 May 2013, 10:24 am

Anyway, as to Lambert, Roys building something for 2016 onwards I suspect. Lambert wouldn't figure into that.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 30 May 2013, 10:28 am

Roy probably won't last beyond 2016...the tide has already begun turning. The England job is horrible, I would genuinely avoid it completely.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 30 May 2013, 10:30 am

Germany have shown a rebuild is possible. Sadly I don't think the PL is as committed to English football as the Bundesliga to German.

I think the FA and Roy both accept its a long term rebuild. I count his reign as starting post last Euros.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 30 May 2013, 11:25 am

As a reminder the TP bidding window closes at 2pm next wednesday
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 30 May 2013, 11:27 am

Won a 2nd straight PL title with West Ham on Fifa last night, completely unrecognisable squad from what I started with...

I'm going all out next year. I'm going to sign a whole bunch of new players and go for the CL win. If I don't win it, I'll be back here to complain that it cheated me.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 30 May 2013, 11:33 am

Unfortunately i am the Norwich City manager as of the mo.

have signed 2 quality youngster who where free agents

one is 19 and rated 74 the other is 17 rated 73!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 May 2013, 11:35 am

I can't wait until Ashes Cricket 2013 comes out! The last decent cricket game was EA Sports Cricket 2007 which was amazing but then EA dropped it and cricket games have been pants until this one which has actually been properly developed
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 30 May 2013, 11:35 am

TheBrahmaBull wrote:Unfortunately i am the Norwich City manager as of the mo.

have signed 2 quality youngster who where free agents

one is 19 and rated 74 the other is 17 rated 73!

Yeah at the end of every season there are free agent wunderkinds to snap up. I have two of them in my squad now, a CB at 78ovr and CM at 77ovr.

I sold a big Italian striker I found to Bayern for £27.5m. That more or less made my title wins possible, because the club gave me no money.

Schurrle is the best player on the game too. Stick him left wing, cut inside, and watch the goals fly in.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 30 May 2013, 11:37 am

Cricket games in general are a bit pants tbh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 30 May 2013, 11:39 am

GSC wrote:Cricket games in general are a bit pants tbh

The original Brian Lara was freakin' awesome

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 May 2013, 11:40 am

They have been recently GSC bit like Rugby games!

Both were dropped by EA after they made them really well and nobody has really put time into them since!

Hopefully this one will be good
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 11:40 am

sodhat wrote:

Absolutely, I loved that game!

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 30 May 2013, 11:43 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
sodhat wrote:

Absolutely, I loved that game!

I used to slog the hell out of it for a long time. I eventually mellowed and played smarter. When I first played it I got bowled out for 14.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 30 May 2013, 12:16 pm

End of Season Awards Announcement

Manager of the Season
Afro
special mention to Treb's for his 4 votes

Player of the Season
Mario Mandzukic

Young Player of the Season
Romelu Lukaku

Game of the Season
Moleicester City 3-3 FC ElphickforJustice
(Cup Group Stage, Week 3)

Signing of the Season
Xavi
(special note of one vote each for Hitzlsperger and Mannone!)

Surprise Package
Spanish Bank

Best Wheeler Dealer
Trebs

Best Tactician
Afro

The ZZZ Best Feedback of the Season Award
"4-4-2 doesn't win football matches anymore"

Best Post of the Season
#RWAT
(lots of other votes, but this was the only one with multiple votes)

Team of the Season

Buffon
Zabaleta-----Hummels-----Vertonghen-----Alba
Robben--------Pirlo--------Isco--------Reus
Mandzukic-----Benteke
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 30 May 2013, 12:19 pm

I'm taking credit for Alba and Benteke, don't even care Whistle

Surprise package was nice though kiss
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 30 May 2013, 12:23 pm

Also Cherries might want to nominate 2 lawyers.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 30 May 2013, 12:48 pm

Championship Feedback

VFL Bassender v Spanish Bank

this was a very tight game with neither side being able to dominate for any length of time

Bassender went quite defensive, and for me you need a top class centre forward if you’re going to win a game with five at the back. Sadly, Pastore isn’t ST material in my book, and so Bassender really struggled to make inroads going forward. Conversely, Spanish Bank do have a top striker, and he was lethal thanks to the support from the Bank’s excellent midfield, which ran the show despite being up against Xavi. Ramires and Kroos is a match for any midfield.

I felt Bank dominated it in midfield completely and with the little control they could muster, Bassender lacked the potent striker to be able to make it count. This invited Bank to attack, and their forward line, especially with the arrival of Tevez, was more than happy to oblige

I like the idea from Bassender, however I feel for there gameplan to be effective they need to play counter attack, rather than trying to build through possession, as that will just allow Bank to get back and deal with the threat. Bank get the win here I feel, Tevez/Mirallas/Navas are hard to keep quiet

Good approach from Bassender, while Bank control the tempo and put Bassender under a lot of pressure, the back five stops Bank from playing and creating opportunities, while Pastore can’t hold the ball up very well playing as a target man almost, it means Bassender are under pressure for the majority but the defence stands firm.

Trebs is a magician and is in my mind the top tactician in the league by a long way. Both teams give it a go but I actually feel Kroos doesn't fit into the banks way of playing and Trebs' surprise catches them out.

Atalanta Falcons v FC ElphickforJustice

Just that little extra quality from the home side edged this, Gerrard and Nocerino slightly out muscled in midfield

Elphick finally managed a semblance of playing players in their actual positions – Aubameyang apart – but Atalanta’s superior quality paid dividends. Balotelli tore Caulker apart, the 3 AMs dominated possession, and no amount of Nocerino could stop Dembele and Verratti from pulling the strings. I think Atalanta will win the Premier next season. Heskey pulled a goal back late on, capitalising on a Koscielny error, but this is as good as it gets for Elphick. They don’t have the quality to compete in the Championship and need a massive overhaul, a la Trebs-style.

An improvement from Elphick, but still plenty to do. They came up against a strong team, well drilled by their manager and stood little chance.

A good win for the Falcons today, despite the 2-1 scoreline suggesting it was a tighter affair. If only Elphick had brought on Heskey earlier

Comfortable win for the Falcons, I feel E4J need to find the right system and play the right players in their correct positions. Teixeira is a natural RW so playing him at LW limits his impact. Torres also works better as a lone striker in a 4-3-3/4-5-1, so worth bearing in mind. E4J against a stronger side in Falcons with their decent defence only doing so much against the Falcons front four.

I comend Atlanta going for it but Emile does it again and scores late on to level it. Bony is hugely underrated and him and Torres score in a thrilling 3-3 draw. Atlanta go up through the draw.

Moleicester City v UC Supremazia
Very attack mindeed home side saw them start quickly and race into a two goal lead, the away side vame back into it late but could only get a consolation goal

Mole City went for the jugular – and came up trumps. Their 3 CBs handled Martinez well and it was the attacking nature of their wingers and midfield that sparkled in this game. Llorente was unplayable with such great service from Shaqiri and Cuadrado, and Sturridge alongside him was able to do some damage as well. This ST partnership is, for me, the best 2-man attack in the league bar none. For Supremazia, the off-season is a chance to fix some of the holes in their line-up – more firepower up front, and some steel and creativity in midfield.

Supremazia have done well, but Moleicester are champs for a reason. The wingers were able to get good service into the box and what better striker to have on the end of good crosses than Llorente. Supremazia were the opposite and lacked that really potent striker.

This is an interesting battle, as Moleicester set out to win the midfield battle, however I feel Supremazia deal with it well. I do think Moleicester still pick up the win however, as I feel they have more attacking threat, against a Supremazia defence that is the area I would look to improve next if I was Russ!

Very attacking from Mole City, too attacking, once again playing wingers as wingbacks leaves them open and with Supremazia’s system having Pedro and Giovinco exposing the spaces left for them, I can only see one winner. Mole City score goals with this system but the back door is wide open too often. High scoring game, but Mole City lose it, rather than Supremazia earning the win in this one

A tight tight game which Mole just edge with a Late late goal. They are worthy champions but need to improve for the struggle of the prem!

Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 30 May 2013, 12:49 pm

Premier League Feedback

sodhat wrote:Under Brescia 2-1 Deportivo la Chorizo
Gregers has a very strong team and a good system today – however with the ability that UB have on the flanks at FB as well as the wingers, I think it’s a mistake to have buccaneering full backs. They’ll get a goal but I think the ability of Robben, Villa, and Lew will give Brescia a crowning victory.

Bratwurst Mannschaft 1-1 Dos Cerevezas por favor
Wow - this is tough. I am really stuck between a rock and a hard place here. I wanted to be decisive and give a win out here, but I can’t. Both are fairly respectful of their opponents and both are targeting wing play as the difference maker. Ultimately I think we see a draw, but with BM doing most of the pushing in this one.

The German Team 1-0 No Respek
Tight affair but because of the whole "10-man" think, I have to give it to Fan.

------------------------------------

Under Brescia v Deportivo la Chorizo
2-1
Reason:
A tough game to call however UB have a slightly more quality to earn them all three points. I like the attack of both teams but something is missing from DLC. Maybe as UB pointed out; a natural leader.

Bratwurst Mannschaft v Dos Cervezas por favor
1-3
Reason:
I think man for man DCPF are better than Bratwurst. If the brats I'm prove their defence then I believe they'll turn these losses in wins

The German Team v No Respek
1-1
Reason:
I think the German teams formation utilises there current squad and that was my complaint in previous games. I personally don't rate Jovetic as a winger and believe he is more effective down the centre and will stray from position on the wing.

---------------------------------

Under Brescia 0-0 Chorizo

Brescias tactic of narrowing the midfield works, and its hard to see the FBs getting high up the pitch with Robben and Villa to ocupy them. That said Gregers 3 in midfield also squeeze the space available for Draxler to work, and I really this game being bogged down in midfield.

Mannschaft 1-0 Dos

Ollys team is oddly defensive, with both Khedira and Bender making up a 3 with Arteta, that said, I can see that 3 taking control of the midfield fairly easily and giving Bratwurst a base to attack from. Pressure tells in the end as I believe this game would be mostly Bratwurst

German 1-0 No Respek

Azzy is playing with 10, and although I really don't like the balance of the German side, its hard to see them take anything from this game, even with the superior midfield they possess

----------------------------------------------

Brescia 1 - 1 Chorizo

chorizo line-up well to counetr brescia and see them gettinga result, chorizo prevemnt brescia from controing the game and earn a draw

Mannshaft 2 - 1 favor

feel mannshaft have a bit more bite to them centrelly and with both teams playing a similar formation mannshaft nab the win.

German 2 - 0 Respek

even teams but germans extra man sees them to a comfortable victory,not afan of the 3-3-1-2-1 tho

----------------------------------------------

Under Brescia 2-0 Deportivo La Chorizo - A lack of width harms Chorizo especially with their full backs bombing forwards leaving space for Robben/Villa to take full advantage and get a goal each. Lavezzi is more of a winger then CAM and it doesn't particularly suit him

Bratwurst 0-2 Dos Cervezas por favor - Olly full backs tightening in costs them safety today with Walcott Rodriguez getting in behind at will to set up Lukaku.

German Team 3-0 No Respek - Playing with 10 men is a bad idea and No Respek are eventually broken down several times

*If Fan allows Azzy to change

German Team 0-0 No Respek - i think would be a very close game with neither side getting many chances at goal

---------------------------------------------

Under Brescia 1-1 Deportivo La Chorizo
Brescia have the players but Chorizo put in an excellent tactical display and Isco and Lavezzi caused serious problems in behind the striker.

Bratwurst Mannschaft 0-0 Dos Cervezas por favor
Both teams have gone defensive and I can't see either side scoring a goal, they've matched each other so only a draw is what I see.

The German Team 2-1 No Respek
No Respek look weak at centre back and Tasci should have started as he could have challenged Benteke a bit more in the air. The German Team could have played Leitner higher up the pitch.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 30 May 2013, 12:50 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:VFL v SB
0-2
1-1
0-1
0-1
0-0
2-1

3-6
1-3

0-1

AF v E4J
4-1
2-1
2-1
2-1
3-1
3-3

16-8
5-0

2-1

MC v UCS
5-2
2-1
2-1
2-1
3-5
1-0

15-10
5-1

2-1
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 30 May 2013, 12:51 pm

So good you posted it twice...

I was about to post them up too!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 30 May 2013, 12:51 pm

sodhat wrote:UB DLC
2 1
2 1
0 0
1 1
2 0
1 1
8 4
1.333333333 0.666666667

BM DCPF
1 1
1 3
1 0
2 1
0 2
0 0
5 7
0.833333333 1.166666667

TGT NR
1 0
1 1
1 0
2 0
0 0
2 1
7 2
1.166666667 0.333333333
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 30 May 2013, 1:50 pm

Marca claiming RM have had a 47m bid for Suarez accepted
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Thu 30 May 2013, 1:53 pm

The ZZZ Best Feedback of the Season Award
"4-4-2 doesn't win football matches anymore"
Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Thu 30 May 2013, 2:10 pm

alrighty

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 30 May 2013, 3:06 pm

Whoever said Sturridge/Llorente is the best 2 man partnership in the Championship was clearly high as a kite Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 30 May 2013, 3:10 pm

Fernando wrote:Whoever said Sturridge/Llorente is the best 2 man partnership in the Championship was clearly high as a kite Laugh

There's a good chance it is the only 2 man strike partnership in the league. Don't most of you go with 1 striker
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 30 May 2013, 3:12 pm

id expect so would explain alot Laugh

So who has everyone gone for in TP's then Whistle #ArturoIsHeadingMyWay Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 30 May 2013, 3:15 pm

I could have done with a striker being available as I am short there, but given my abundance of midfielders and shortages at the back, Pepe and Marcelo look like my targets
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 30 May 2013, 3:16 pm

Fair ive gone for your beloved Vidal felt he was the best of what is available Euro Division Homepage LIX - Page 10 3559488474 i was considering Willian/Martinez but decided against it in the end

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 30 May 2013, 3:24 pm

My heart is still telling me to go with Vidal and just play a team of midfielders Laugh
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 30 May 2013, 3:24 pm

I'm signing everybody.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 30 May 2013, 3:25 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:My heart is still telling me to go with Vidal and just play a team of midfielders Laugh

I wouldn't bother unless your willing to pay a f**k load of money Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 3:27 pm

I don't mind telling people who I've bid for - Vidal and Marcelo. Both fill a gap in my side.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 30 May 2013, 3:27 pm

I'll be honest. With Nando reverting to my original formation, I bet its Marcelo.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 30 May 2013, 3:29 pm

It's really not it's very much Vidal OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Thu 30 May 2013, 3:34 pm

dont need any of them, am gonna tear up Div 2 king

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 30 May 2013, 3:35 pm

The day that Fan doesn't try to buy Vidal is a sad day for fake managerial games
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 30 May 2013, 3:36 pm

He can try sign him but he's gunna need more then 35m Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 3:39 pm

More than £40m Nando Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 30 May 2013, 3:39 pm

Whistle might wanna add another 10 to that Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 30 May 2013, 3:40 pm

You big fat bluffers

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Thu 30 May 2013, 3:42 pm

not paying over the odds for him, got him at 2 other fake clubs so need a change lol

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 30 May 2013, 3:43 pm

From Fernando To GSC, Yesterday at 4:29 pm
Arturo Vidal 50.3m

I want him so if anyone else does their paying through the teeth Laugh

#ImNotBluffingOnlyBigMoney Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down