The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England summer tour of Argentina - V2

+36
blackcanelion
Ozzy3213
jelly
The Saint
belovedfrosties
Big
niwatts
bluestonevedder
thomh
lostinwales
HongKongCherry
BamBam
Chjw131
Hood83
propdavid_london
fa0019
Geordie
jeffwinger
sickofwendy
robbo277
Alex_Germany
kingelderfield
SirJohnnyEnglish
EnglishReign
Fluxy
BigTrevsbigmac
GloriousEmpire
valtrepkos
flankertye
Mr Bounce
LondonTiger
ChequeredJersey
HammerofThunor
nobbled
Cumbrian
king_carlos
40 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

England summer tour of Argentina - V2 - Page 5 Empty England summer tour of Argentina - V2

Post by king_carlos Sat 08 Jun 2013, 7:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Cheers to all who posted on the first thread but having reached 1000 posts here's a second one for the remainder of the tour!

Link to the first thread - https://www.606v2.com/t42259-england-summer-tour-of-argentina

Link to the thread for 1st test - https://www.606v2.com/t45030-argentina-vs-england-810pm-ko

Let's hope for a game tonight that lives up to the promise of the players in each side. Ale

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

England summer tour of Argentina - V2 - Page 5 Empty Re: England summer tour of Argentina - V2

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 17 Jun 2013, 10:52 pm

Tour was largely meaningless other than putting a few players in the media spotlight. It's easy to play expansive rugby against weak sides that are relatively under prepared. Try and do it against better teams when the defence is in your face for 80 mins.

I know I'm a pessimist but I honestly don't think we take much from the performances. Although they at least looked like they cared.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

England summer tour of Argentina - V2 - Page 5 Empty Re: England summer tour of Argentina - V2

Post by robbo277 Mon 17 Jun 2013, 11:05 pm

DaveM wrote:I think the tour was a triumph for SL. He said he wanted to develop England's style of play, and he certainly did that, giving virtually every young player I wanted a chance. He now has some excellent problems.

I thought Webber was probably the man of the series - great to see him starting to fullfil his potential. I also can't remember Marler having a better game than in the 2nd Test.

Elsewhere I think Yarde has done enough to be a serious contender in the AI's, as has Wade. I think those two and Nowell will be the wingers in the 2015 squad. I actually thought May played quite well on Saturday too.

What to do with Eastmond is a challenge - if NH rugby was a summer sport then I think he'd be challenging 36. As it is we'll have to wait and see. I wonder if he might be worth a go at 13 outside Twelvetrees.

I was slightly underwhelmed by Burns, but certainly no need to panic. On the other hand I really don't see that he did enough to leapfrog Farrell.

In terms of matchday squad my current guess for the AIs would be:

Brown, Wade, Tuilagi, Twelvetress, Yarde, Farrell, Youngs, Corbs, Youngs, Cole, Launchbury, Parling, Croft, Robshaw, Morgan.

Vunipola, Webber, Wilson, Attwood, Wood, Care, Burns, Foden

I know lots of people would swap Attwood and Parling, but in any case I think this is a fine looking and plausible matchday 23.

Marler must see his two mates being called into the Lions (Vunipola and Corbisiero) and know that he would need a good performance to continue in the matchday 23, let alone the starting line-up.

I think England have (positive) problems in most areas. 1, 2, second row, back row, 10 and 15 are all highly competitive areas. For me the choices at 3 (Cole), 9 (Youngs), centres (Twelvetrees and Manu) and wings (Yarde and Wade) are fairly easy, but we do have decent back-up coming through in these areas too.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5