The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[solved]Euro Division Homepage LXII

+13
Gregers
nadeem2099
cherriesfna
Fan Gilhaus
Russell_Elmo
Trebs
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Zinedine_Ze_Zebra
FIFA Diva
Bull
Fernando
Marky
17 posters

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

[solved]Euro Division Homepage LXII - Page 20 Empty Euro Division Homepage LXII

Post by GSC Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Season 3 Starts this week
Tactics due by 11.59 on Friday 14th June

Teams in the Premier League, PM tactics to 6 fingered tractor boy and Trebs, send votes to GSC and Soddy
Teams in the Championship, PM tactics to GSC and Soddy , send votes to 6 fingered tractor boy and Trebs

The Qatar Foundation Premier League

Deportivo la Chorizo - Gregers
Il Azzurini FC - Afro
Atalanta Falcons - Sodhat
Dos Cervezas por favor - Marky
Spanish Bank FC - GSC

Moleicester City - Nando

The Hero Championship

Bratwurst Mannschaft - 6 fingered tractor boy
UC Supremazia - Russ
FC ElphickForJustice - Cherries
FC Respek your Elders - Azzy
FC Brust Sauger - Fan

VFL Bassender Steigen - Treble
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

[solved]Euro Division Homepage LXII - Page 20 Empty Re: [solved]Euro Division Homepage LXII

Post by Afro Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:23 pm

Ajax v Milan - the Patrick Kluivert game? that was mid 90s wasn't it, so a little bit later than that, but not much
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

[solved]Euro Division Homepage LXII - Page 20 Empty Re: [solved]Euro Division Homepage LXII

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:24 pm

I've worked it out from there, I know the answer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:26 pm

Real vs Juve, 1998 - the really boring final. Two powerhouses of European football, and a complete drab-fest. Dull as dishwater.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:27 pm

Dortmund vs Juventus?
1997, with mad skills by Lars Ricken

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:27 pm

Yep, that's the answer I have
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Which one Afro Laugh

Lars Ricken, what a talent he was. Never lived up to the hype, much like Gotze is about to find out Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:30 pm

Sorry, didn't see Sod's post.

1998 Real v Juve.

It was in 4-4-2 so I assume their answer is correct. I haven't gone and checked all the subsequent years, apart from the two ZZZ mentioned
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:32 pm

There were some bizarre years after that though - Valencia getting to finals, Leverkusen reaching a final despite never having won the Bundesliga, Liverpoo's win, Porto vs Monaco (yawn)...it's very rare that the cream rises to the top in Europe. Very odd, especially when the knockout stages are over two legs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:There were some bizarre years after that though - Valencia getting to finals, Leverkusen reaching a final despite never having won the Bundesliga, Liverpoo's win, Porto vs Monaco (yawn)...it's very rare that the cream rises to the top in Europe. Very odd, especially when the knockout stages are over two legs.

I think the wins from the likes of Porto, Liverpool, Chelsea, United show that you don't have to even be close to the best team to win the Champions League anymore
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:35 pm

How about Carsten Jancker?

He was crazy rated on Premier League Manager 2000.

Then again, so was Chris Sutton.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:36 pm

God he was terrible IRL Laugh

Phil Babb was good on FM in them days too Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:43 pm

I always remember Heskey and Forssell turned out to be mental good.

The best player by a mile was Ronaldo, but he wasn't registered on the game so they just had "No.9" up front for Inter alongside Christian Vieri.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Gotze is the epitome of the modern day footballer - Money grabbing Judas

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:11 am

Who wouldn't want to play for Bayern.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:12 am

I'd love it, as a keeper, I'd never need to touch the ball!

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:18 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I'd love it, as a keeper, I'd never need to touch the ball!

With Arjen Robben on your team you'll never get to touch the ball anyway.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:24 am

VivaPaulScholes wrote:Who wouldn't want to play for Bayern.  
Dude, if you were homegrown, joined Man United at the age of 10 years old, went though all the youth system with your talent & guidance of the club looking after you step by step, broke into the first team & became a vital part of that team, would you sign for Man City at the age of 21 ?

To make it worse, Dortmund was coming together. Two league titles back to back, destroyed Munich in the cup. One season Munich run away with the league & complete a historic treble he wants to jump ship.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:33 am

Gotze is a Bavarian though, not a Dortmund kid like Reus.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:41 am

sodhat wrote:Gotze is a Bavarian though, not a Dortmund kid like Reus.
Bavarian born yes. Ungrateful to Dortmund for taking him on at the age of 8 & developing him, yes.

EDIT: Just my opinion though. Also look at the wearing the Nike T to his unveiling, why do that....oh yeah because Nike paid him too.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:46 am

Well then no player would ever leave their original club in that instance!

They put in a release clause that was easily triggered. Their fault regardless of disloyal behaviour.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:49 am

So does Rooney get the same label.

Signed by his boyhood club, developed and given his chance, was the star of the team and playing regularly for England.

The United come along and Rooney hands in a transfer request
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:01 am

ZZZ

forget Gotze, come play mafia. Big game on.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:01 am

Yes Zebs, if you play, we have a 2-mafia game [solved]Euro Division Homepage LXII - Page 20 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:05 am

Wasnt giggs on city's books?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:05 am

Soddy wrote:Well then no player would ever leave their original club in that instance!

BigFellasAfro wrote:So does Rooney get the same label.

Signed by his boyhood club, developed and given his chance, was the star of the team and playing regularly for England.

The United come along and Rooney hands in a transfer request
Course he does. Not as bad as he didn't go to you main trophy rival but hes just as ungrateful.

OK, Soddy, little out of context, I shall explain more. I think its worse because hes gone from a top club which trained him up since 8 to their main trophy rivals.
Generally talented young players will move from lesser clubs to big ones. Its not like there moving to their main trophy rivals, like Rooney from Everton to Man United.
Jesé Rodríguez joined Real Madrid as a kid. It would be like him breaking into the first team this season then transferring to Barca next season.
To me its more ungrateful leaving a club that trained you as from as young as a child to go to their main silverware rival.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:07 am

In fairness, Rooney was showing ambition to win trophies and play for the one of the biggest clubs in the world.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:08 am

GSC wrote:Wasnt giggs on city's books?
He was for all of a year. They didn't develop or nurture him. Heck he was like 14 when he came to Man United.
Bit of a difference GSC.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:10 am

BigFellasAfro wrote:In fairness, Rooney was showing ambition to win trophies and play for the one of the biggest clubs in the world.
As I said, still not good. But look from a club level, Everton to Man United is the norm type of move for young talent. Going from one top club to their direct rivals is a different kettle of fish

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:12 am

BigFellasAfro wrote:In fairness, Rooney was showing ambition to win trophies and play for the one of the biggest clubs in the world.

And he's looking to step up again now by going to Chelsea.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:19 am

Giggs went to their main rivals.

Sounds like it's ok as long as it's United doing it
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:20 am

The story was far more shady than that, City had brought him into their setup, brought him along, and were preparing a contract for him.

Little did they know that United had someone going round to his house on the morning of his 16th birthday to sign him up for them instead Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:27 am

Azzy why are you lying? I was reading Giggs book two days ago and he said that he was always going to join United. He was there before 16. I've tot the book I'll take a picture an sjow you lot
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:30 am

Sad The mafia are learning. I'm just too damn good and have to be killed off #arrogant. Still, I reckon I know who at least 1 mafia is.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:33 am

Viva, it was a BBC story sometime this year / last year. Fergie was at his house dead on 8am, didn't want to wait til he'd left for school apparently.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:36 am

Oh dear, poor soddy.  Seeing as it's all over, the cop who investigated ZZZ?

Last edited by The Special Juan on Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:36 am

I don't see the problem with Gotze leaving for Bayern. He wants to win things. Quite clearly Bayern is the place to be for that
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:38 am

The Special Juan wrote:Sad The mafia are learning.  I'm just too damn good and have to be killed off #arrogant.  Still, I reckon I know who at least 1 mafia is.
Well when I'm not playing anyway
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:39 am

At least Dortmund got 30m for Gotze. United stole Giggs for nothing.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:42 am

GSC wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:Sad The mafia are learning.  I'm just too damn good and have to be killed off #arrogant.  Still, I reckon I know who at least 1 mafia is.
Well when I'm not playing anyway

boxing
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:46 am

GSC wrote:At least Dortmund got 30m for Gotze. United stole Giggs for nothing.
Giggs was still playing for Salford boys I think, City wern't developing him & we picked him up at 14 or 15 years old. Also, City wernt our trophy rivals then either, heck we wernt winning trophies in 87 & City were bust getting relegated.

Gotze was 8 when he joined Dortmund. They developed him till the age of 21 when he jumps ship to their major trophy rivals.

GSC, you need to try harder to WUM thumbsup 

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:48 am

Dortmund have been successful the past couple years, but it weren't too long ago that Bayern were loaning them money to keep them going.

They aren't nowhere near the superpower that Bayern are.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:50 am

Olly wrote:They aren't nowhere near the superpower that Bayern are.
Financially no but on the pitch they were challenging them in recent years.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:54 am

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra wrote:

Remind me how close the Bundesliga was this year...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:58 am

C'mon Olly. ZZZ is right about them challenging them. They won two successive Bundesliga and made the CL final.

But it fails to appreciate just how big a name in Germany Bayern are. It is like being a Valencia player when they were La Liga winners, but still wanting to have the honour of playing for Barcelona.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:01 am

Olly wrote:
Zinedine_Ze_Zebra wrote:

Remind me how close the Bundesliga was this year...
Would you care to remind yourself who destroyed who in the Cup final 2011/12 & won the league that season as wel as the season before that........

F- Olly, you must apply yourself more.#TryHarder

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:02 am

Mmm...Mendieta.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:04 am

I ain't a Liverpool fan Zebs, I don't live in the past, I look to the present, the future.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:08 am

Bayern have pep also
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:08 am

GSC wrote:Bayern have pep also

Didn't Gotze say that playing for him was the reason he moved
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:10 am

Olly wrote:I ain't a Liverpool fan Zebs, I don't live in the past, I look to the present, the future.
Laugh Its only last few season. Im not saying look back to 1960 something when Norwich actually won a cup. The last few seasons show the growth & how Dortmund are competing.
Man City won the league in 2011/2012, thats in the past though so by your logic its safe to say they cant compete with the current champions Man United.
Sorry Olly, thats not even worth a F-, No Grade. #TryMuchHarder

Anyway, can we stop being silly & discuss this properly?

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next