The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ashes: 1st Test, Trent Bridge - Final Day & Post Match Discussions

+26
NickisBHAFC
msp83
Hoggy_Bear
LivinginItaly
gboycottnut
Biltong
KP_fan
Duty281
Corporalhumblebucket
Gerry SA
VTR
GloriousEmpire
Dolphin Ziggler
The Facts
kingraf
GSC
ShahenshahG
Good Golly I'm Olly
ChequeredJersey
dyrewolfe
aussieboyz
JDizzle
alfie
trebellbobaggins
mystiroakey
Pal Joey
30 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Ashes: 1st Test, Trent Bridge - Final Day & Post Match Discussions - Page 4 Empty The Ashes: 1st Test, Trent Bridge - Final Day & Post Match Discussions

Post by Pal Joey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

England:
Alastair Cook*, Joe Root, Jonathan Trott, Kevin Pietersen, Ian Bell, Jonny Bairstow,
Matt Prior†, Stuart Broad, Graeme Swann, Steven Finn, James Anderson

Australia:
Shane Watson, Chris Rogers, Ed Cowan, Michael Clarke*, Steve Smith, Phil Hughes,
Brad Haddin†, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, James Pattinson, Ashton Agar

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Ashes: 1st Test, Trent Bridge - Final Day & Post Match Discussions - Page 4 Empty Re: The Ashes: 1st Test, Trent Bridge - Final Day & Post Match Discussions

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Jul 2013, 1:47 pm

You can't beat a test match Mysti.

What a start to the series this one has been, no matter what the outcome
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The Ashes: 1st Test, Trent Bridge - Final Day & Post Match Discussions - Page 4 Empty Re: The Ashes: 1st Test, Trent Bridge - Final Day & Post Match Discussions

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 14 Jul 2013, 1:49 pm

blah

Last edited by trebellbobaggins on Sun 14 Jul 2013, 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 14 Jul 2013, 1:49 pm

t20 is the slapper who you've been seeing behind your wifes back, odi is a domestic bust up with the wife and the test match is banging your wife after she's ironed your clothes cooked your food and put the children to bed while you've been watching the tele.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 14 Jul 2013, 1:50 pm

Just to get this out of the way before the result: Finn has had a shocker . But that was a tough catch...if he loses his place it will be down to a judgement on his bowling , not a penalty for losing the Test match. Perhaps we could rein back on the vitriol ?

I will be gutted if England lose this , but I have to admit this has been a cracker of a Test match , so congrats to all those who have made it so clap 

Now to get the revolver loaded just in case...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 14 Jul 2013, 1:56 pm

Without doubt this has been one of the best Test matches I've ever watched.

Its just so galling that England have put themselves in positions to win this match fairly comfortably on 2 or 3 occasions...only to mess up and now find themselves on the verge of losing.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 14 Jul 2013, 1:57 pm

Match of the year already! Not sure Ashes 2013 can top this. What a battle for world #3.

This is cricket, Ive been in both situations, the Englands and Oz's, I think the break sucks for Oz, but it certainly isnt manna from heaven for England.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 14 Jul 2013, 1:58 pm

They were building serious presure before the break, If I was a Captain Cook, I would have preferred to stay on... All that pressure is out.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 14 Jul 2013, 1:59 pm

If a player is off the field how long does he need to be back on before he can bowl?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:05 pm

As long as he was off for... So if he was off for 8 overs, he can only bowl after eight.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:08 pm

kingraf wrote:They were building  serious presure before the break, If I was a Captain Cook, I would have preferred to stay on... All that pressure is out.  

Yes and no...In truth there have been plenty of "nearly out" moments in this stand.

The rest , particularly for Anderson , probably trumps any break in pressure ...some of which was probably due to the coming break in any case...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:12 pm

God - Pattinson so nearly done there!
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:15 pm

swan has revs again.. he will do it this over

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:16 pm

I hope to God this doesnt come down to a bad decision...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:17 pm

Just 16 to win. Momentum is with Australia. Nothing England can do about it now.

Australia will go 1-0 up in the series. It. Is. Inevitable...
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:18 pm

blah

Last edited by trebellbobaggins on Sun 14 Jul 2013, 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:19 pm

Singles too easy that over...Australia favourites here . But one ball can do it Fingers Crossed 

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:20 pm

blah

Last edited by trebellbobaggins on Sun 14 Jul 2013, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:21 pm

Jimmy  Jimmy  Jimmy

legend.

review

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:22 pm

deffo noise.

hotspot shows a mark

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:22 pm

that is out

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:22 pm

OUT SHOULD BE OUT
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:23 pm

What is happening?

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:23 pm

YEAH...

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:23 pm

Well done England. clap

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:24 pm

I am in town. What is up?

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:24 pm

trebellbobaggins wrote:What is happening?

WE WON TREBBS WE WON- That is what happened.. thumbsup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:24 pm

hahah

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:24 pm

trebellbobaggins wrote:I kind of.wanted them to win.

To force changes in england and to.shut botham up.

They are a vastly better side than eng and he needs to learn respect.

*strips*

Take me
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm

Linebreaker wrote:Well done England. clap

Thanks

I think you Aussies deserve a well done as well..

50/50 game.  And an amazing one at that

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm

HADDIN EDGES BEHIND...UMPIRE GIVES NOT OUT...ENGLAND REVIEW!

HADDIN IS OUT - CAUGHT BEHIND!!!

AUSTRALIA FALL JUST 14 RUNS SHORT OF THEIR TARGET!

JIMMY ANDERSON GETS HIS 10WM!

HOW CLOSE WAS THAT?!?!?!?!

More a lucky win for England, rather than a convincing one.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm

Congratulations to the English and Clubman Anderson. Its going to be a long series!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm

Review ...mark and sound ...must be out ?

Appropriate finish Yahoo 

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm

Phew!

That was a bit tense

Back to top Go down

Post by The Facts Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm

Appaling decision not a chance you can give that out when there is no way of being a 100% sure. As I said 99% of the big decisions went England's way

The Facts

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:26 pm

The Facts wrote:Appaling decision not a chance you can give that out when there is no way of being a 100% sure. As I said 99% of the big decisions went England's way

#HEADSGONE
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:26 pm

blah

Last edited by trebellbobaggins on Sun 14 Jul 2013, 4:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:27 pm

You have to feel for the Aussies. They fought back from seemingly hopeless positions and came within a whisker of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

Think England can count themselves lucky. Played some brilliant cricket, both batting and bowling, but always contrived to mess up when victory seemed certain.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:28 pm

well audio , snicko and hotspot confirms the edge. so yep 100% correct decison. but again a shocker from the umpire..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:29 pm

Why didn't Haddin walk... Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:29 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:You have to feel for the Aussies. They fought back from seemingly hopeless positions and came within a whisker of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

Think England can count themselves lucky. Played some brilliant cricket, both batting and bowling, but always contrived to mess up when victory seemed certain.

I think they should be very proud of what they acheived. It will be gutting- but they will take massive positives IMO.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:29 pm

JIMMY!!!!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:29 pm

The Facts wrote:Appaling decision not a chance you can give that out when there is no way of being a 100% sure. As I said 99% of the big decisions went England's way

I suggest you go away and look up how DRS works. There was both a hotspot (albeit a tiny one) AND sound. It was more certain than Clarke's 2nd innings dismissal.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:30 pm

Kinggraf- Thoughts on JIMMY ???

Club bolwer still?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:30 pm

Engerland 1-0 up in the battle for #3...

just out of curiosity, can England get to #1 with a 5-0 win? Coz that would suck!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:30 pm

Have to agree. Some hallucination of a hot spot, a clicking sound that could've been anything and somehow a game changing decision is "confirmed".

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:31 pm

No i doubt it Graf..

you are to far ahead and we are at home playing against a lower ranked team.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:31 pm

trebellbobaggins wrote:Bloody hell.  They don't deserve it really.

Then again anderson does.

Actually aussie don't either, take out the agar fluke and they were crap.

You're class, trebs. That's a rotten thing to say!

tbh, losing by anything over 100 runs would have been harder to take. Our team played much better than expected, England probably below their best.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:32 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:

Have to agree. Some hallucination of a hot spot, a clicking sound that could've been anything and somehow a game changing decision is "confirmed".  

Explain what the clicking sound could have been at that point, as the ball passed the bat, where the spot on the hotspot was...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:32 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:

strange- deffo hotspot- deffo sound, deffo snicko , deffo edge, deffo out ..But ok belieev what you want i suppose:erm: Erm

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 14 Jul 2013, 2:32 pm

Wums back I see
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next